Author Topic: EL: Ata 0 vs 1 Liv (3-1) Mo 7’  (Read 17988 times)

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
Re: EL: Ata 0 vs 1 Liv (3-1) Mo 7’
« Reply #240 on: April 18, 2024, 10:01:13 pm »
When was the last time we scored from open play?!?!

Diaz vs Man Utd 23rd minute

That’s when the downfall happened

Chance after chance after chance…

All missed…

Now we can’t even create one.
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #241 on: April 18, 2024, 10:01:17 pm »
Barely even a whimper. Grim as fuck.

Online Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: April 18, 2024, 10:01:23 pm »
The most uninspiring we've played since a few days ago against Palace.  ;D

Touché ;D

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #243 on: April 18, 2024, 10:01:27 pm »
That's another worrying performance. We met this team at a 'good' time when they are struggling to get draws in Italy, never mind wins. And they found us easy meat.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #244 on: April 18, 2024, 10:01:30 pm »
Fair play to Atalanta. Seemed to matter far more to their players than ours. Out with a whimper is right.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #245 on: April 18, 2024, 10:01:39 pm »
I've seen a lot of bad games from us, but this has to be one of the worst. Jesus, we were so bad.

From the 1st minute it was quite clear that the Atalanta coach was going to play man to man and that his intention was for Alisson to have the ball all the time. What have we done about it? nothing at all. I think we passed the ball to and around Alisson for 60/70 minutes. I don't think we even had a shot on target once in the 2nd half.

scandalous

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #246 on: April 18, 2024, 10:01:46 pm »
We didn’t try very hard did we? Looked like we had no belief that we could actually mount a comeback. Season looks done.

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: April 18, 2024, 10:01:52 pm »
My thoughts. I dont think we are anywhere near technical enough as a team, not strong enough in midfield 50/50's. Dont seem to know where 2nd balls are going to land more often than not and we need a worldie striker

I think mo goes in the summer will probably suit everyone if we get a v big fee for the new manager, and maybe some new ideas might lift the squad.
We are too easy to play against at times.

Online chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #248 on: April 18, 2024, 10:01:53 pm »
Showed absolutely nothing in the second half. Whatever Klopp said to the lads at half time they clearly didn’t listen.

Credit to Atalanta as they made it very tough and we couldn’t get away from the edge of our box. Too many sideways and backwards passes was frustrating to watch.

Only positives to take is that it was a win on the night and a clean sheet.
YNWA - JFT97

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
« Reply #249 on: April 18, 2024, 10:01:54 pm »
Reading some of these posts just shows up some Liverpool supporters as spoilt know-nothings to be honest.

We simply couldn’t beat their press in our half in the 2nd half. Taking those risks meant potentially losing the tie at the drop of a hat. Atalanta played the game perfectly, that’s how you defend a 3-0 lead.

I thought it was a good away performance at an impossible task.

We fucked up at home, not today. Good away win today.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 10:03:45 pm by M7 Heckler »

Offline slidez

• Main Stander
« Reply #250 on: April 18, 2024, 10:02:04 pm »
That was terrible.  It was like watching england play.

10 mins to go and the ball is being tapped around in defense.

Should fielded the flags.

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: April 18, 2024, 10:02:23 pm »
Once trent and his log pass went off it was over. In fairness we should have had more ways to beat them. Mo missed chance and the one that was offside should have been finished. He wasn't even unhappy like he normally is when taken off.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #252 on: April 18, 2024, 10:02:28 pm »
It's almost as if some of these players suspect they'll be shipped out under a new man and have just stopped giving a fuck anymore.

Ha, you know I was thinking that when they put out a shot of the bench. Honestly, if this is their mentality in the final weeks of Klopp's tenure then I'll happily give any of them a fucking lift to wherever they are going.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: April 18, 2024, 10:02:30 pm »
They pressed and made sure every tackle (a fuck ton of fouls) mattered and broke up any hope of rhythm. Just how we expected them to play
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #254 on: April 18, 2024, 10:02:32 pm »
The life and effort has been totally drained from the squad. They look a bit broken and lost and out of ideas. Really sad to see in all honesty.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: April 18, 2024, 10:02:36 pm »
I would have taken a loss if we had at least put a decent performance in but that was awful. Did we even have a shot in the second half?

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: April 18, 2024, 10:02:43 pm »
We haven’t scored from open play in 4 games

Offline danm77

• Main Stander
« Reply #257 on: April 18, 2024, 10:02:44 pm »
That was a putrid second half. Don’t think we had a shot on goal.

Offline SoulPower7

• Main Stander
« Reply #258 on: April 18, 2024, 10:02:57 pm »
What the fuck was that second half!?
i/b/o/w

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: April 18, 2024, 10:02:58 pm »
Dissapointing but its looking like the season is finishing with a wimper. The forwards cant buy a goal these days and the passing is bordering on shocking. It shows no sign of changing anytime soon. That said we have a pot in the bag we will finish top four and we have a new midfield and some great youngsters almost ready to go. We would have taken that at the start of the season. The really bad news is Klopp is leaving very soon now
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #260 on: April 18, 2024, 10:03:00 pm »
A team that was tactically spot on, powerful, quick to the challenge and press, gave the opposition no time at all. Technically spot on and combining so so well. Atalanta that is.

All made up from players that have “failed” at middle premier league clubs. Incredible performance in the two games and our players need to look at themselves and how they approach this end to the season. Half of them struggle to play two passes in a row, which makes the over playing in the box even weirder. Just shoot sometimes maybe. We actually had a chance first half, yet we decided to leave the right hand side empty, and want to try everything to avoid shooting when we could have.

Too many players out of form getting constant game time. Elliot should start Sunday, by the time he came on today the game was dead and they’d adjusted to our attempts to unsettle.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #261 on: April 18, 2024, 10:03:06 pm »
Let's be honest here. That's the season over. We will probably win out in the league but it wontbe enough.

I think it’s very unlikely we win all of our remaining games, given how what we’ve seen over the last few weeks, but I admire your optimism!

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #262 on: April 18, 2024, 10:03:08 pm »
Utterly fucking pathetic. The way this team has performed since that wonderful City performance has been brain dead and cowardly. Other than Jota, I'm not wedded to any of our forwards being here next season

The United games put the fear of god into us. Our confidence has looked shot since then.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #263 on: April 18, 2024, 10:03:08 pm »
1-0 up after 6 minutes. Then play the rest of the game at a snails pace. Genuinely bemused at what our tactical plan was tonight.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: April 18, 2024, 10:03:08 pm »
We just seem to want to pass our way toward the oppos penalty spot. its all a bit predictable.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: April 18, 2024, 10:03:27 pm »
Everyone was scared stiff of giving the ball away.

Indeed but they still managed with alarming regularity.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: April 18, 2024, 10:03:38 pm »

Online Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
« Reply #267 on: April 18, 2024, 10:03:43 pm »
Good first half, shite second half, where we were devoid of ideas and looked knackered. Trent made a massive difference but when he faded we looked shot. Second half, the manager needs to take some responsibility. Thats three games in a row against a 3-4-3 and he doesn’t have an answer. No more patience with Nunez, Danns came on and looked more at it. Move him on if we can get decent money back.

The unreal injury situation this season has robbed us of momentum just at the worst time and I don’t think there’s time to wrestle it back. Hope I’m wrong.

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: April 18, 2024, 10:03:44 pm »
Take the positives. It’s a win and a clean sheet. They’ve been in short supply of late

Yes, nice to get a win but a bit meaningless when Atalanta were perfectly happy to lose to that scoreline.

Incredibly flat in the second half. Yes, Atalanta worked well to stifle us, but we threw on 3 fresh attackers in the 66th minute and by my count we managed a single shot in the rest of the game (Nunez's soft header in extra time). Really didn't do anything in their final third.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: April 18, 2024, 10:03:55 pm »
Soon as Trent went off it was curtains.

If we're to finish the season on a high, he's essential to it. He's one of the few left who hasn't quit.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: April 18, 2024, 10:04:05 pm »
Absolutely inept 2nd half.  Did we muster a shot?  To be fair our form’s fallen off a cliff since the fa cup game v MU.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: April 18, 2024, 10:04:06 pm »
Piss poor. Season is over. Alot of players waiting for the new man it seems.
Football is a lie

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #272 on: April 18, 2024, 10:04:09 pm »
Looks like the injury problems from earlier in the season have caught up with us. Plenty of players overused no with not enough gas in the tank at the end of games. Those coming back from injury are still rusty. It’s not a great combination. Another week and we may be back to our best, but we don’t have that time. I think that same tiredness is impacting our decision making too, leading to us coughing up chances and squandering them at the other end.

Don’t stop believing in this side though. It’s incredibly talented, unfortunately their prime won’t be under Klopp is all, but they are a superb group for any incoming manager to work with.

Let’s hope we can build off of the clean sheet and beat Fulham at the weekend, then who knows, we could be back top of the league heading into the Derby, with the spring back in our step.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: April 18, 2024, 10:04:21 pm »
Left too much to do after the first leg.
Team looks shot now, the confidence and belief of the last few years has gone.
Probably just as sick of the cheats as we are.

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: April 18, 2024, 10:04:37 pm »
Meh. Players are clueless. Subs were rubbish.
Salah good God man what a miss.
Season is off the rails.
What a way to end klopps European campaign. Doubters...believers ... to doubters again. The cycle begins.

Online Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #275 on: April 18, 2024, 10:04:37 pm »
Not exactly the confidence boosting second half performance to take into the rest of the season.

Online richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: April 18, 2024, 10:04:42 pm »
Our season derailed when the "seniors" came back and we lost the fearlessness and heart of the youngsters. Clear out needed.

This really.

The saddest part is I think Klopp would have been significantly more ruthless with the old guard if he wasn't half checked out at this point. Salah should be nowhere near our starting 11 based on his form this year,  Klopp must see it, just looks like he doesn't want the drama from making the call.

Offline RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #277 on: April 18, 2024, 10:04:50 pm »
I would have taken a loss if we had at least put a decent performance in but that was awful. Did we even have a shot in the second half?

Exactly, would rather have gone out showing a bit of fight and spirit rather than that shitshow.
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Online Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #278 on: April 18, 2024, 10:04:51 pm »
Our performance was better today. We look better defensively.

No point analysing missed chances and the likes too much because we lost it in the first leg.

Let's build on this.

Build on what. We stunk the place out.

Online Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
« Reply #279 on: April 18, 2024, 10:04:51 pm »
more bothered by the fact that we really lacked intensity than that we’re out, from a objective point of view it must have been quite the snoozefest. Seems like the solution to not missing chances is to not create them. Will have huge problems against Fulham if we turn up like this.