Author Topic: Atmosphere  (Read 20317 times)

Offline reddd10

• Legacy Fan
Re: Atmosphere
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2011, 10:46:59 am »
It just shows how much the atmosphere and singing can do for the team though. As soon as Suarez missed his pen, a good load of the ground sang his song, and he goes on to score 5 minutes later. We are part of the team aswell, and so doesn't help with all the moaning and groaning that comes out, even at the most frustrating at times.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:40:39 am by reddd10 »

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2011, 10:51:42 am »
Andy needs a proper song imo.

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2011, 10:53:14 am »
I didn't hear anyone slating any of the players (I was in AL 127) but sometimes it was just me singing and I felt like a bit of a blert.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2011, 11:01:11 am »
...it even took two mins of 'stand up for the 96' for the 200's and 100's to finally think 'oh well, if we must' and stand up. They then proceeded to sit back down after 30 seconds.....obviously dont want to tire their little legs!
So much wrong with that statement I don't even know where to begin. Everyone around me within immediate eyesight stood up when everyone else did - within seconds. Everyone around me stayed standing up until the song petered out and only sat down again when others did - standing tall and proud and together - not a tired pair of legs in sight.

Clearly I need to get a ticket in SuperFanBlock*. Thanks for reminding me. But then again, will my tired, old legs make it up a few extra steps? Have a word with yourself.

* - disclaimer - there is no such place, but you'd think there was sometimes...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:03:47 am by 24/7 »

Offline hawkwind

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2011, 11:18:20 am »
My first time in the main stand and i was pleasantly suprised as most people around me seemed to be joining in with the singing, it was very loud as well until they scored.
I wish poor scouser tommy could get going though as not many seem to know the words, i would like to see this and FOAR played before the game or at half time as it used to be for the torres song.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2011, 11:56:42 am »
dont know if its already been said, but i think it was totally wrong how 'stand up for the 96' began just after the announcement about standing came over the tannoy. we all have our own opinions about standing but to respond to the announcement with it? We know the families view on it so i feel disrespectful singing it.

of course the intentions are right but theres a time and a place

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2011, 12:03:00 pm »
Did I hear Movin' On Up by Primal Scream over the tannoy at some point yesterday? Seems to ring a bit of a bell but I'm not sure haha

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2011, 12:03:48 pm »
Did I hear Movin' On Up by Primal Scream over the tannoy at some point yesterday? Seems to ring a bit of a bell but I'm not sure haha
after the game

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2011, 01:11:58 pm »
Atmosphere at the back of the Kop was amazing yesterday before KO and during the first half, better than most of last season definitely.

Did I miss it or did we not get FOAR played over the tannoy before KO?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2011, 01:13:28 pm »
Thought the aggressive/passionate chant at kick off of Liverpool, Liverpool! was great, really got my blood going that.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #130 on: August 14, 2011, 01:39:24 pm »
Decent atmosphere 1st half especially yesterday.Good the way the whole ground got behind Luis after he missed the pen,good proper support that.

Nice touch form sunderland supporters with the JFT96 banner,class act.Didn`t really hear them until they scored though.

That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline Kerant

• Hertha Berlin Supporters Club, Member No. 00001
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #131 on: August 14, 2011, 01:55:30 pm »
Was in 306 and it was decent 1st half, then died off in 2nd as people said.

Offline rushs-tash

• Kopite
  • "If you do X, Y & Z - Bob's your uncle"
« Reply #132 on: August 14, 2011, 02:11:25 pm »
Atmosphere at the back of the Kop was amazing yesterday before KO and during the first half, better than most of last season definitely.

Did I miss it or did we not get FOAR played over the tannoy before KO?

I'd of remembered that and 99% sure it wasn't played - maybe because of the new Anfield FM concept?

Offline Torben Piechniks Y-Fronts

• Kopite
  • A Liverbird, upon my chest
« Reply #133 on: August 14, 2011, 02:17:41 pm »
From where i was sat last saturday in the annie road end the bottom left block of the kop (nearest the paddock) was full of scarves for ynwa. Probably 90% of em where them 'day trippers'. tell you wot I would rather have them in the ground every other week then the seasoned kopite who's had a season ticket for 25 years who really cant be arsed anymore and stays in the Sandon till five to three and eats pies and tells jokes with his mates all game.

I actually agree with this 100%
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool."

Offline imnotcomingback

• Kopite
« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2011, 02:22:58 pm »
I've seen hundreds of people moaning about the lack of atmosphere on here (myself included probably) but as many people have said in the RTK thread it should be people doing something about it at the game.

Then when the younger/newer fans sing songs that the 'educated' don't approve (who are ya') they get shot down and sneered at, I can't speak for anyone in particular so hopefully noone things I'm having a pop at them, but instead of staying quiet/tutting, surely the only way would be to drown them out? I'm an OOT and it took me a few games to pick up the longer songs.

Good post.

It is u to all fans to 'do something about it'.  This includes the 'educated', hardcore support though. They need to change too!!

Let look at some potential reasons for fans not making noise:

- They aren't working class and feel it's not respectable
- They don't know they words
- They just feel like a pillock
- They don't have the confidence
- They are infrequent visitors and haven't learned the words/tunes yet
- They fear others not joining in
- They find some of the songs pure cheesy
- They find some of the songs too long and aren't willing to commit for that long

There's a bloody multitude of possible reasons but what can the the established, regular fans do to help matters?  Easy - make things simple.

Sure, it's great craic having some of the wittier or meaningful longer songs but for some of the reasons listed above, they are only ever going to be sung by the hardcore.  People simple CANT join in - even if they wanted to.

As I said, keep it simple.  Lots more basic chants (Liverpool, Liverpool) and claps (Dalglish) would be easier to pick up, are less of a commitment and are more meaningful to the mass market.
YNWA

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #135 on: August 14, 2011, 02:31:21 pm »
Yeah, those super fans in the 300's...
 its not about where you sit. It's down to the fact a larger amount of the match going fans dont want to or feel like singing.

A fella next to me kept looking at me every song I joined in on.

I don't know what the answer is, I don't think sitting all the "singing" fans together would be the answer as then it would be absolutely dead in the other parts of the ground.

To start throwing petty insults around at us lesser fans in the 200 and 100's serves no purpose whatsoever.

Its not a petty insults and im not saying that the 300's are the superfans at all. I just dont get why the 300's stand and sing (not everyone in there mind) and the 200's and the 100's sit down. its like there is a divide in the stand and that then etffects the atmosphere as the other end of the ground cant hear it and it looks like the KOP is just sat there dull, doing nothing.

Is there a genuine reason why half stand and half sit because I for the life of me cannot find a reason. I know for a fact it would be better atmosphere if people stand as they feel obliged to jump around to suarez song as opposed to not. There were times when the luis suarez song was being sung and the bottom half of the KOP were just sat there. Its like they cant hear the singing themselves.....
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: August 14, 2011, 02:43:18 pm »
Its not a petty insults and im not saying that the 300's are the superfans at all. I just dont get why the 300's stand and sing (not everyone in there mind) and the 200's and the 100's sit down. its like there is a divide in the stand and that then etffects the atmosphere as the other end of the ground cant hear it and it looks like the KOP is just sat there dull, doing nothing.

Is there a genuine reason why half stand and half sit because I for the life of me cannot find a reason. I know for a fact it would be better atmosphere if people stand as they feel obliged to jump around to suarez song as opposed to not. There were times when the luis suarez song was being sung and the bottom half of the KOP were just sat there. Its like they cant hear the singing themselves.....

Stewards make you sit down from about the mid 50s downwards. Above that I guess it's a case of them turning a blind eye.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline chris.volante

• Anny Roader
« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2011, 03:43:24 pm »
Was in 202 yesterday, some good lads in there getting songs started, and the 1st half was pretty good. Scouser Tommy and FOAR didn't really get going though, not enough people bothering to join in. Also, don't know if the noise from the 300s wasn't travelling well or something, but I could only hear the chorus of the Suarez song, not the verse.

I know the 2nd half was poor, but I was a bit annoyed that nearly everyone around where I was went completely silent after Sunderland scored. Initially, yeah there's shock, but dust it off and make some noise to let the lads know we're still here!

Don't get me started on the people flicking through their programme during the match.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 09:54:39 pm by chris.volante »

Offline jaymc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #138 on: August 14, 2011, 06:46:48 pm »
£45 per ticket?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2011, 06:51:21 pm »
So much wrong with that statement I don't even know where to begin. Everyone around me within immediate eyesight stood up when everyone else did - within seconds. Everyone around me stayed standing up until the song petered out and only sat down again when others did - standing tall and proud and together - not a tired pair of legs in sight.

Clearly I need to get a ticket in SuperFanBlock*. Thanks for reminding me. But then again, will my tired, old legs make it up a few extra steps? Have a word with yourself.

* - disclaimer - there is no such place, but you'd think there was sometimes...
My thoughts too.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline mybacklight

• Account Closed!
  • Anny Roader
  • Cuz Laddie says so!
« Reply #140 on: August 14, 2011, 06:52:59 pm »
One of the problems in the kop is that the singing starts at the back then down. It be better if the people singing were more central. Although I love the 300 blocks in the KOP!

We need a central block more involved in the orchestration of the start of songs.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 06:57:19 pm by mybacklight »

Offline Rafette

• Kopite
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off.....
« Reply #141 on: August 14, 2011, 07:09:39 pm »
When people get on the players back for a misplaced pass really grates on me, too.
No need for it. Flat atmosphere.

I was sat really close to the Sunderland fans. The amount they sang about Newcastle was cringey.
It was like an insight into the mindset of the Evertonian.

We were in MX yesterday so right next to the Sunderland fans, I thought the same about the "If you all hate Newcastle clap your hands", why go to watch your team but chant about a totally different one? They were lively enough but *yawn* "In your Liverpool slums..."

I haven't been in the main stand for about 20 years and I have to say the atmosphere wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but that might have been because it was the opening match. Could hear a few songs coming from the Kop but mostly I could just hear the Sunderland fans
"If you can't make decisions in life, you're a bloody menace. You'd be better becoming an MP!" Bill Shankly

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: August 14, 2011, 07:42:21 pm »
Lower Anny road 127 row 14 and the atmosphere in the first half was superb. Lots of singing and there seemed to be a buzz around the place.

Second half started and it was absolutely dead. Seemed like everyone was fucked after the first half and to be fair its not like the team did anything to spur us all on. Only made thing was some welsh lad sat next to me kept shouting potato! at Wes Brown I think.

Offline El_Pistolero7

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird upon my chest...
« Reply #143 on: August 14, 2011, 07:46:11 pm »
Lower Anny road 127 row 14 and the atmosphere in the first half was superb. Lots of singing and there seemed to be a buzz around the place.

Second half started and it was absolutely dead. Seemed like everyone was fucked after the first half and to be fair its not like the team did anything to spur us all on. Only made thing was some welsh lad sat next to me kept shouting potato! at Wes Brown I think.

Agreed, everyone around me in 125 seemed to be singing 1st half

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #144 on: August 14, 2011, 09:19:34 pm »
Best attendance for 25 yrs Yesterday. 45,018.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: August 14, 2011, 09:48:53 pm »
Just remembered the John Flanagan song, went on for ages on and off in the first half around 305, just when it stopped someone else would shout out John Flanagan and it would start up again. Kept people amused for a while.

To the tune of the old McManaman song (the Muppets tune).

Offline majestic_11

• Remembers Houllier's Champions League winning campaign fondly
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK OG
« Reply #146 on: August 14, 2011, 10:01:52 pm »
Was in 202 yesterday, some good lads in there getting songs started, and the 1st half was pretty good. Scouser Tommy and FOAR didn't really get going though, not enough people bothering to join in. Also, don't know if the noise from the 300s wasn't travelling well or something, but I could only hear the chorus of the Suarez song, not the verse.

I know the 2nd half was poor, but I was a bit annoyed that nearly everyone around where I was went completely silent after Sunderland scored. Initially, yeah there's shock, but dust it off and make some noise to let the lads know we're still here!

Don't get me started on the people flicking through their programme during the match.

I am normally in the 300's and luckily for me all my other games are in those blocks. 202 was shocking, i hate sitting down, all the songs died as they approached us. I think one scouse and irish fan joined in with poor scouse tommy, no one joined in every other saturday. I turned into a moaning old twat as i was frustrated that i couldn't get going as we were sat down, and to be fair i believe the kop is the heart beat of the club and should be there to drive the team on, for the last 30 minutes the whole ground seemed to give up and there wasn't a thing i could do about it, that for me is not what i want from my kop experience. Also fair play to sunderland fans , the justice banner, the clapping for the stand  for the 96 and also for clapping Henderson off.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #147 on: August 14, 2011, 10:04:06 pm »
First half was great

Liked the 'justice for the 96' and 'stand up for the 96' after the announcement asking us to stay seated.

But the 2nd half died down and the performance on the pitch showed

2 things I noticed

1. We have ball boys/girls in each corner of the ground now to retrieve the ball for the goalies. Good idea as too much time wasting during goal kicks

2. Subs are now made to warm up towards the Annie road end and not the kop. Thats a shame because the subs warming up usually gee's the kop into song.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: August 14, 2011, 10:29:06 pm »
Liked the 'justice for the 96' and 'stand up for the 96' after the announcement asking us to stay seated.

Im sorry but how can you 'like' that?
Using the justice songs to defy the rules of the stadium?
Who thinks, when the hillsborough families have made it clear they are totally against standing, that it is right to start singing these chants after such an announcement?

As i said before, theres a time and a place and that is not it

Offline AnfieldIron

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: August 14, 2011, 10:55:37 pm »
Dunno where to stick this but there was a fella with "IN A MEETING ..." then the number 11 on the back of his replica home shirt sat infront of me in the Kop on Saturday.

No idea wtf it was about like ;D

Offline AnfieldIron

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: August 14, 2011, 10:59:48 pm »
Serious question: Which issues do we have and what can we do about it? ''Yeh, it all gets better when the team is winning stuff and so on'', that's not OK for me. I want serious answers. We all can make a difference, but we need to start somewhere.

If the team started winning stuff then would it not be like Old Trafford?

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2011, 11:07:11 pm »
Just remembered the John Flanagan song, went on for ages on and off in the first half around 305, just when it stopped someone else would shout out John Flanagan and it would start up again. Kept people amused for a while.

That was quality alright.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2011, 11:10:39 pm »

You must've been close by where I was. Lad next to me kept starting it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2011, 11:11:22 pm »
Atmosphere was fantastic in the first half, but I just think the nerves got to everyone, including the crowd.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2011, 11:29:50 pm »
Atmosphere was fantastic in the first half, but I just think the nerves got to everyone, including the crowd.

As is to be expected, the teams performance has a direct correlation to the atmosphere hence why it deteriorated rapidly in the second half.

Offline Stanfo

• Sleeping with the Enemy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: August 15, 2011, 08:18:57 am »
I have to say I always feel slightly uncomfortable when "stand up for the 96" is sung in order to generate an atmosphere, I would be far happier singing "justice for the 96".

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #156 on: August 15, 2011, 11:11:17 am »

It was a petty insult, you implied others don't stand because we can't be arsed and have tired legs.

The simple fact is not everyone in the ground wants to stand and sing.

If you are sat in a section where you'll be .one of only a few stood up you will be told to sit down.

The stewards can't do that when its literally the whole block stood up.

If everyone behind me (including those in 300's is sat down) I'm going to sit down so those fans can see.

I'm sorry, but not all Liverpool fans want to stand throughout the entire game, it doesn't make them any less a fan though.

Least not in my mind.

Offline johnw

• Kemlynite
« Reply #157 on: August 15, 2011, 11:49:16 am »
Can we buy a new 12th man from anywhere for £X millions? And then £45 per game.
We've always been shit at corners

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2011, 12:15:29 pm »
In Upper Anny yesterday for first time in years.

Looked like a lot of 'day trippers' but, to be fair, most were happy to join in with the songs they know and gave it a good go.

Also everyone was up straight away for the 96. Songs like Every Other Saturday and even Poor Scouser Tommy are not known / sung but, to be fair, if you sit at that end you can't hear the Kop when they sing those songs so no-one will learn them at the game.

I think some Kop regulars will be amazed how quiet the majority of songs come across from the other end.

Actually quite enjoyed it as people really wanted to support the team as best they could. I think often a so-called 'day tripper' is a far more genuine in their support than some of the cynical moaning arses who are scattered round the Kop. They may not have been in Rome or know all the verses to 'Liverbird' but in the main they want to enjoy the day and take something positive from it.

I made this point after the Man U game last season. Sitting in the Annie Road lower, you just could not hear what the Kop was singing. Partly due to the acoustics and partly due to the local noise.

Re Saturday - Loved the Flanagan chant, every other Saturday was a bit fragmented, and it was a bit of shame we couldn't get the whole ground to sing about Steve Bruce's big fat head. Wasn't too bad though. :)

We do seem to be a little bit in danger of only singing when we're winning though. Hope I'm wrong.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #159 on: August 15, 2011, 12:23:08 pm »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.