Author Topic: Atmosphere  (Read 20313 times)

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
Re: Atmosphere
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2011, 10:18:23 am »
we better make some noise next season....no excuse...we have a perch to get back on,and whilst we cant compete financially and with europe to offer...we have the ownership debacle off our back...lets get back to what were famous for..we want europe and we want the prem... there's a  lot to go at  next season,and the boys need us to raise the fucking roof...not to mention for kenny.
its his first real go at cementing a place at the helm and we dont want to let him down
fuck all this we cant do it every week and i want to watch the match malarkey...you can do both, if you cant ...get the fuck out of there ....watch it down the boozer and leave it to those who can,and will!

the away lads do there bit brilliantly.its upto us lot to keep it going at home.
if we want the goods ,we have to deliver at home...every game should be a cup final...hate to say it but the mancs get behind theirs at home when they need a result...weve got to

Mate I agree 100% with the sentiments of your post (apart from the last sentence).

So many factors contribute to the shite atmos though.

1) Ticket prices

The working class fan is well and truly priced out of the game. You will get fans applying for tickets versus the bitters or United. Different kettle of fish when it comes to Brum at home on a Monday night when it's televised.

25 years ago it cost a pittance to get in. There was so much banter going on. In this greed fuelled era you aren't gonna have Dwayne the Shropshire sales exec laughing and joking as half the Kop point at his obese physique and sing "one Billy Bunter". He's paid his 40 notes and wants his tranquility and respect.

2) Who we play and the meaning of the game

True to an extent. But I recall the last game of the then newly spawned Premier League vs Spuds. We'd had a shite season, and had fuck all to play for but the fans, but we came out, in what was a meaningless fixture, and twatted Spuds all around Anfield. I remember Spuds having a pen Anny road end and the noise generated to put off (think it was Sedgeley) was phenomenal. The atmosphere that day was superb.

3) How the team play

Big point and my only criticism I have of Rafa. We don't see a team that is there for the taking.

At times, mid table (and worse) teams have sat back at Anfield and made it difficult for us taking a point or nicking all 3. We've not looked to have enough to change our game plan and attack that team. It might not get the Kop back to what it was 25-35 years ago but I do think there is an element of acceptance in our fans that "we're playing Leicester at home - we might nick this 1-0".

True, it's a two way thing between the fans and players and the fans "must do better" but I just think we don't have teams beat before kick off any more. The defending visiting team must always feel that they have a chance to nick something because of the way we play. Hopefully Kenny and Steve will continue to improve this area.

4) How good the atmosphere is

Yep. The fans must be louder but you're playing West Brom at home. Under di Matteo they are known for their ability to keep the ball and play adventurous football. But they are also known for conceding chances due to this 'open' style of play. West Brom are a team that under Roy Evans we'd be guessing the number over 4 that we'd score. Yet last year we depended on a counter attack to 'steal' a 1-0.

Blackpool at home. Wrong game for on the field and off the field problems. Holloway, having seen his team taken to the cleaners by Chelsea holds his hands up, admits his error in trying to defend and openly declares his intent to attack at Anfield. The scouts earmark Charlie Adam as the chap to stop. So we basically ignore this info on a team that we should be penning in at Anfield and deservedly lose.

The fans must be better but when we are showing up against teams like the above two examples it's little wonder the fans find it difficult to motivate themselves.

Your comment about "the Mancs getting behind their team" is so far wide of the mark. OT also has more "quieter" moments too - despite winning trophies year on year. The football fan of this era is a different one from that of 3 decades ago. It's irrelevant of their geographical whereabouts.

Reduce the entry fee, tweak the style of play and that atmosphere will return.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2011, 02:35:18 pm »
Mate I agree 100% with the sentiments of your post (apart from the last sentence).

So many factors contribute to the shite atmos though.

1) Ticket prices

The working class fan is well and truly priced out of the game. You will get fans applying for tickets versus the bitters or United. Different kettle of fish when it comes to Brum at home on a Monday night when it's televised.

25 years ago it cost a pittance to get in. There was so much banter going on. In this greed fuelled era you aren't gonna have Dwayne the Shropshire sales exec laughing and joking as half the Kop point at his obese physique and sing "one Billy Bunter". He's paid his 40 notes and wants his tranquility and respect.

2) Who we play and the meaning of the game

True to an extent. But I recall the last game of the then newly spawned Premier League vs Spuds. We'd had a shite season, and had fuck all to play for but the fans, but we came out, in what was a meaningless fixture, and twatted Spuds all around Anfield. I remember Spuds having a pen Anny road end and the noise generated to put off (think it was Sedgeley) was phenomenal. The atmosphere that day was superb.

3) How the team play

Big point and my only criticism I have of Rafa. We don't see a team that is there for the taking.

At times, mid table (and worse) teams have sat back at Anfield and made it difficult for us taking a point or nicking all 3. We've not looked to have enough to change our game plan and attack that team. It might not get the Kop back to what it was 25-35 years ago but I do think there is an element of acceptance in our fans that "we're playing Leicester at home - we might nick this 1-0".

True, it's a two way thing between the fans and players and the fans "must do better" but I just think we don't have teams beat before kick off any more. The defending visiting team must always feel that they have a chance to nick something because of the way we play. Hopefully Kenny and Steve will continue to improve this area.

4) How good the atmosphere is

Yep. The fans must be louder but you're playing West Brom at home. Under di Matteo they are known for their ability to keep the ball and play adventurous football. But they are also known for conceding chances due to this 'open' style of play. West Brom are a team that under Roy Evans we'd be guessing the number over 4 that we'd score. Yet last year we depended on a counter attack to 'steal' a 1-0.

Blackpool at home. Wrong game for on the field and off the field problems. Holloway, having seen his team taken to the cleaners by Chelsea holds his hands up, admits his error in trying to defend and openly declares his intent to attack at Anfield. The scouts earmark Charlie Adam as the chap to stop. So we basically ignore this info on a team that we should be penning in at Anfield and deservedly lose.

The fans must be better but when we are showing up against teams like the above two examples it's little wonder the fans find it difficult to motivate themselves.

Your comment about "the Mancs getting behind their team" is so far wide of the mark. OT also has more "quieter" moments too - despite winning trophies year on year. The football fan of this era is a different one from that of 3 decades ago. It's irrelevant of their geographical whereabouts.

Reduce the entry fee, tweak the style of play and that atmosphere will return.

what youve said above mate i dont disagree with yer...youre right...
my point is that it doesnt have to be like that.
we as fans need to CHANGE the attitude so that the above is different.
we have fell into a lazy defeatest way of thinking and thats what i would like to see change.
as a kid,more got involved,it was so much more enjoyable than sitting there having the piss ripped out of you from fans from hull for fucksakes,giving it the wheres your famous atmosphere?....even they know what it used to be like.
now we can give in,or we can come out fighting
the exec from derbyshire can get swept up in it all like we used to when we started going,or he can sit there and think well this is how it has been ,so this is how its going to be...dormant
we have to get up for this like we did against the yanks....more will follow.
if we dont....were not different

galatasary dont have any problem getting up for games even friendlies....were lazy bastards in england...want it all without making the effort

we cant complain about the players not giving their all if we dont make the effort neither

one sparks off the other ,and when one is struggling,its up to the other to get it going
players and fans should play their part ...otherwise we are going to struggle.
we have a great weapon in the twelth man and shanks knew that....why let it disapear...for good?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 02:37:35 pm by horne »
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline WarringtonRed

• Anny Roader
  • Suarez is fuckin boss
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2011, 03:29:19 pm »
Doesnt help when people look at you like a tit when you sing when you're not in the kop

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2011, 03:31:39 pm »
Doesnt help when people look at you like a tit when you sing when you're not in the kop

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2011, 04:32:51 pm »
ignore...and sing...for everyone of them knobs is another two who will join in...fuck them,its them that ruin the atmosphere!...out number them ...dont join them

listen to whats starting in the kop and get in there early...its a domino effect
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:34:48 pm by horne »

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2011, 05:15:33 pm »
what youve said above mate i dont disagree with yer...youre right...
my point is that it doesnt have to be like that.
we as fans need to CHANGE the attitude so that the above is different.
we have fell into a lazy defeatest way of thinking and thats what i would like to see change.
as a kid,more got involved,it was so much more enjoyable than sitting there having the piss ripped out of you from fans from hull for fucksakes,giving it the wheres your famous atmosphere?....even they know what it used to be like.
now we can give in,or we can come out fighting
the exec from derbyshire can get swept up in it all like we used to when we started going,or he can sit there and think well this is how it has been ,so this is how its going to be...dormant
we have to get up for this like we did against the yanks....more will follow.
if we dont....were not different

galatasary dont have any problem getting up for games even friendlies....were lazy bastards in england...want it all without making the effort

we cant complain about the players not giving their all if we dont make the effort neither

one sparks off the other ,and when one is struggling,its up to the other to get it going
players and fans should play their part ...otherwise we are going to struggle.
we have a great weapon in the twelth man and shanks knew that....why let it disapear...for good?

I think it will improve this season. Just for the effort alone that the players will show. Hope that will get more happy and singing.

Last season was poor for numerous reasons. Never once before have I considered watchin the match in the pub when I had me ticket. But on more than one occasion I considered it last season. Going to Anfield early last season was akin to having your teeth pulled with pliers! I'm sure others were feeling like that too so sooner or later, as the unhappy numbers increase, the atmosphere will pay. Not an excuse - just reality

That said, I do agree with your comments. The atmosphere is part of why I go. And I agree with your comment to WarringtonRed about doing what 'you' feel is right and not what some tool in his Anfield Harry packamack thinks. My worry is that football has drifted away from the proper football fan and more into the arms of the 'fashionable' football fan i.e. Someone who'd never been to Anfield prior to May 2005.

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2011, 05:22:01 pm »
It can get quite lively where I sit in the Upper Centenary so don't believe everything you read on here. Kopites ARE gobshites.
True.

Some seem to forget that many that sit in the Centenary were once Kopites themselves and, despite the urban myth, havent forgotten how to support the team.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2011, 05:23:27 pm »
I think it will improve this season. Just for the effort alone that the players will show. Hope that will get more happy and singing.

Last season was poor for numerous reasons. Never once before have I considered watchin the match in the pub when I had me ticket. But on more than one occasion I considered it last season. Going to Anfield early last season was akin to having your teeth pulled with pliers! I'm sure others were feeling like that too so sooner or later, as the unhappy numbers increase, the atmosphere will pay. Not an excuse - just reality

That said, I do agree with your comments. The atmosphere is part of why I go. And I agree with your comment to WarringtonRed about doing what 'you' feel is right and not what some tool in his Anfield Harry packamack thinks. My worry is that football has drifted away from the proper football fan and more into the arms of the 'fashionable' football fan i.e. Someone who'd never been to Anfield prior to May 2005.
so we have to work on changing the attitude....suits or no suits...we all like an atmosphere them included,but we have to do something towards getting them included as well...
truth be known, when theyve had a stressfull week at the office and the mrs has been given them an hard time,bet yer they cant wait to offload at the match,but theyre not going to do it on their own...they need an atmosphere to join in with....not to start

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2011, 05:31:21 pm »
True.

Some seem to forget that many that sit in the Centenary were once Kopites themselves and, despite the urban myth, havent forgotten how to support the team.
main stand too...it does have little pockets of fans having a go....would love to see lads who havnt got a problem with joining in,getting together in the middle of all four stands.
from the middle it has more chance of rippling out 'quickly' and the total effect on the pitch would be so much better...problem is,the middle of each stand is snapped up by seasies who had them for donkeys years...too smug....best seats in the ground ....cant be arsed
that would be a big improvement
the kop in the seventies started from the middle and rippled outwards....starting point now is disjointed...to the back,to the side....clashes badly with the other side as it gets going...anyone knows anything about physics(sound) will know that it neutralises the effect,it cancels itself out.

remember the first half at istanbul....there where that many reds around the ground ,there were different songs going at once....or the same song out of sync just either cancelling itself out or white noise...it was shite.
half time when the adrenaline subdued,evryone was a bit more calmer.ynwa built up and evryone  together rather than against each other produced a spine tingler...second half as well on occasions....

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2011, 06:09:10 pm »
Part of the reason I mainly go to away games is the atmosphere, unless your sat in 306/305 and 304 to a lesser extent there's VERY little singing, even during YNWA.

Interesting we are moaning about the atmosphere though, a study came out last month saying we had the loudest average fans in the prem last season, I can only imagine how grim it is for most other teams.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2011, 06:35:47 pm »
honestly i wouldn't wipe my arse on the centenary or main. i've been in the centenary for a CL semi final and it was even shite then. theyre the ones that make the atmosphere shite. the 2008/09 season was great on the kop solely because there was something we we're striving for. the good atmosphere returns when police stop telling you to sit down. if you stand up in your seat thats fine and if you have a kid put them on your shoulders. simple. no safety issues
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2011, 06:43:48 pm »
honestly i wouldn't wipe my arse on the centenary or main. i've been in the centenary for a CL semi final and it was even shite then. theyre the ones that make the atmosphere shite. the 2008/09 season was great on the kop solely because there was something we we're striving for. the good atmosphere returns when police stop telling you to sit down. if you stand up in your seat thats fine and if you have a kid put them on your shoulders. simple. no safety issues
That's nice.

So you dont think there are ANY safety issues with standing in a seated enclosure with a kid on your shoulders?
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2011, 06:50:59 pm »
That's nice.

So you dont think there are ANY safety issues with standing in a seated enclosure with a kid on your shoulders?
i've been to a champions league semi final or two and i'm fine
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline lfcbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh campione
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2011, 07:14:52 pm »
Here we go again  #yawn
“Everything will be ok in the end. If it’s not ok, it’s not the end.”

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2011, 12:34:16 pm »
So excited, first game at anfield! I'll sing loud enough for everyone! Haha
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepared to die for the King!
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2011, 01:06:14 pm »
YNWA was sang at the end of the man city game, very slowly and brilliantly in fact, although not very loudly but sounded great.

I sing in 203 but I'm one of few who do, me, my mate and the fella behind us give it a good go but most people don't bother at all (around me anyway, not calling the whole block!). There's a good group on the edges of 203 going into 202 who make a good noise though, got to give them credit but with the people around them talking about corrie they're fighting a losing battle unfortunately.

What does my head in the most is the people who talk through YNWA before the game and we have to listen to the away fans singing over it, they should be proud of 'their' song and make sure it's sung loud and proud before every game.
I'm with you in 203 and I'm one of the few vocal ones. Seem to get more funny looks as the years go by.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2011, 01:07:39 pm »
So excited, first game at anfield! I'll sing loud enough for everyone! Haha
Should be a cracking atmosphere tomorrow

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2011, 01:09:27 pm »
Finally! I'll be able to shift some of these half Brisbane Roar - half Liverpool scarves.

Would you be interested in buying an LFC sunhat with corks on strings hanging off the brim?

:lmao

Offline Purdy

• Legacy Fan
  • Gobble gobble turkey
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2011, 01:14:32 pm »
I'm with you in 203 and I'm one of the few vocal ones. Seem to get more funny looks as the years go by.

At the brum game last season we won 5-0 in the annie road was getting funny looks for singing.

What is 208 like? I'm there for the city game i think.

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepared to die for the King!
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2011, 01:25:16 pm »
If it
At the brum game last season we won 5-0 in the annie road was getting funny looks for singing.

What is 208 like? I'm there for the city game i think.
If its anything like the top of 202 then it should be good. They are a vocal lot but being in 203, you are on the opposite corner of the Kop (towards the Centenary stand).

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2011, 01:35:08 pm »
202, 208 not great for sounds as often hard to hear the singing from 305/306 unless the middle of the kop gets going.
Tommorrow should be good first game and all, woudl be nice to hear player chants during warm up like we used to do before kick off until they started putting on that stupid premier league song.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2011, 04:48:56 pm »
So who's gonna join in with me in anny lower tomorrow? ;) only games I've been in there for are west ham (not one singing cept me,and got mucky looks) and united (probs 60% singing that day)
Worst was once in 206 when a woman swapped seat so she was further away from me singing, who let that daft bint in?
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2011, 04:54:43 pm »
So who's gonna join in with me in anny lower tomorrow? ;) only games I've been in there for are west ham (not one singing cept me,and got mucky looks) and united (probs 60% singing that day)
Worst was once in 206 when a woman swapped seat so she was further away from me singing, who let that daft bint in?

I'm in Anny Road tomorrow (FFS) and I will gladly belt out the tunes with you. Where about you sitting?

Offline Fluke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2011, 08:57:13 am »
I'll be in anny lower aswell. I really hope we get up for this!

Offline mybacklight

• Account Closed!
  • Anny Roader
  • Cuz Laddie says so!
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2011, 09:30:46 am »
Make sure you get fed before you go the game!!!!! People who leave early at half time piss me off to scoff on sweaty pies and sup tea!

Offline Fluke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2011, 01:09:42 am »
Haha, I was fed.

Atmosphere at the lower anny was pretty good until the equaliser. Died right after that...

I still had an amazing time, even if the second half performance left a little to be desired... Lost my voice pretty much.. :p

Now to try find some spares to the emirates next week....

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2011, 01:15:49 am »
Kop 202 needs sorting. First time there today and on my own

A lot of pissing and moaning, no voice or joy were i was standing, starting from the back end of the first half. Wake up fellas!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2011, 01:24:01 am »
Kop 202 needs sorting. First time there today and on my own

A lot of pissing and moaning, no voice or joy were i was standing, starting from the back end of the first half. Wake up fellas!
I was pleasantly surprised actually with it and I was in 202. Bitching? Moaning? What I experienced was a collective despair at the lack (overall) of imagination in 2nd half, yet at the same time the collective optimism when we did move up - the anguish and the hope - unless you are referring to the tit who said George Sefton was "fuckin useless"? Plenty of attempts to get things going and not a jester hat in sight. That'll do me for now.

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2011, 01:25:10 am »
Groaning in the first match of the season because someone passes it back. Proper fucking Anfield Rd. that, fuck off.
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2011, 01:28:43 am »
Groaning in the first match of the season because someone passes it back. Proper fucking Anfield Rd. that, fuck off.

When people get on the players back for a misplaced pass really grates on me, too.
No need for it. Flat atmosphere.

I was sat really close to the Sunderland fans. The amount they sang about Newcastle was cringey.
It was like an insight into the mindset of the Evertonian.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline rushs-tash

• Kopite
  • "If you do X, Y & Z - Bob's your uncle"
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2011, 01:55:44 am »
Felt pretty bad for Flanagan in second half, the abuse he was getting from around me for 2 or 3 mistakes (had a solid 1st half) was embarrassing. And these were season ticket holders in their 50's and 60's, I'll groan and tut with frustration but not abuse the players for errors. Just wrong.

On the other hand thought it was a good atmosphere today and the Sunderland fans seemed decent - applauding not only Stevie as he walked passed them, but also Henderson too. Noted their JFT 96 banner too.

Offline ADAM-LEE

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2011, 02:19:06 am »
Haha, I was fed.

Atmosphere at the lower anny was pretty good until the equaliser. Died right after that...

I still had an amazing time, even if the second half performance left a little to be desired... Lost my voice pretty much.. :p

Now to try find some spares to the emirates next week....

i was sat at anny road lower and totally agree the atmosphere was really good there in the first half, i was singing my heart out with many others, but i did notice as you mentioned that once they equalised it went dead and nobody seemed intrested in singing and getting behind the team, its a shame.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2011, 09:17:03 am »
305 was electric up until half time and then it was a case of trying to wake everyother member of the KOP up outside of the 300's in the second. Why people feel it is more constructive to shout shit like 'come on Andy you big fuckin shithouse! You're in your derby' I have no idea! I had to shout back at the guy to let him know he was the shithouse not Andy!

Still the problem with the KOP that the 300's are the only blocks who consistantly want to sing and get the team going. I really dont get it. it even took two mins of 'stand up for the 96' for the 200's and 100's to finally think 'oh well, if we must' and stand up. They then proceeded to sit back down after 30 seconds.....obviously dont want to tire their little legs!

YNWA at the start was as it should be every game....fuckin loud and proud. Have a feeling it was only because it was first game of the season though.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline ALANM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2011, 10:02:34 am »
305 was electric up until half time and then it was a case of trying to wake everyother member of the KOP up outside of the 300's in the second. Why people feel it is more constructive to shout shit like 'come on Andy you big fuckin shithouse! You're in your derby' I have no idea! I had to shout back at the guy to let him know he was the shithouse not Andy!

Still the problem with the KOP that the 300's are the only blocks who consistantly want to sing and get the team going. I really dont get it. it even took two mins of 'stand up for the 96' for the 200's and 100's to finally think 'oh well, if we must' and stand up. They then proceeded to sit back down after 30 seconds.....obviously dont want to tire their little legs!

YNWA at the start was as it should be every game....fuckin loud and proud. Have a feeling it was only because it was first game of the season though.

I'm in 106 and always join in with the singing and stand up for the 96. The atmosphere was fine until Sunderland scored, only for it to then go flat. There were groans for every misplaced pass. What some people need to learn is that the team need our support more when they are struggling than when all is going smoothly. Anyone can sing when we're winning, but it's when things start going wrong that the team need lifting.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2011, 10:12:40 am »

Yeah, those super fans in the 300's...
 its not about where you sit. It's down to the fact a larger amount of the match going fans dont want to or feel like singing.

A fella next to me kept looking at me every song I joined in on.

I don't know what the answer is, I don't think sitting all the "singing" fans together would be the answer as then it would be absolutely dead in the other parts of the ground.

To start throwing petty insults around at us lesser fans in the 200 and 100's serves no purpose whatsoever.

Offline the3rdman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #115 on: August 14, 2011, 10:20:23 am »
i'm in 107 and people sing there. Granted not as many as over in the 300s but we do tend to take our lead from there. The atmosphere was great in the first half and poor in the second. Pretty much like our performance. What I have noticed recently is the corner of the centenary that meets the kop now try to start the odd song. The kop don't join in. once yesterday when a "Dalglish" chant started from there but thats it. So maybe yous in the 300's should take some of your own advice occasionally?

Offline ALANM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: August 14, 2011, 10:22:52 am »
Bolton next at home. I'm sure the place will be buzzing!!!

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2011, 10:26:24 am »
304 was noisy and I didn't get told to sit down once. I wish the rest of the ground was like that.

The tiers underneath us were sat for the entire match though.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2011, 10:30:51 am »
Think once we see what this team can really do and settlle the nerves about the 'new Liverpool ' there'll be more encouragement rather than groans.

reckon its about give n take between the team and kop. Just flirting period at the moment  :P

To an extent...
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline balticred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: August 14, 2011, 10:38:55 am »
In Upper Anny yesterday for first time in years.

Looked like a lot of 'day trippers' but, to be fair, most were happy to join in with the songs they know and gave it a good go.

Also everyone was up straight away for the 96. Songs like Every Other Saturday and even Poor Scouser Tommy are not known / sung but, to be fair, if you sit at that end you can't hear the Kop when they sing those songs so no-one will learn them at the game.

I think some Kop regulars will be amazed how quiet the majority of songs come across from the other end.

Actually quite enjoyed it as people really wanted to support the team as best they could. I think often a so-called 'day tripper' is a far more genuine in their support than some of the cynical moaning arses who are scattered round the Kop. They may not have been in Rome or know all the verses to 'Liverbird' but in the main they want to enjoy the day and take something positive from it.