Author Topic: The Indomitable Ibou  (Read 269373 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: The Indomitable Ibou
« Reply #720 on: October 24, 2021, 07:38:12 pm »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: October 24, 2021, 07:38:39 pm »
 ;D

"Get off me little shit".

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #722 on: October 24, 2021, 07:39:53 pm »
Brilliant performance, him sorting Dalot out was magnificent.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #723 on: October 24, 2021, 07:41:05 pm »

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #724 on: October 24, 2021, 07:45:43 pm »
Absolute beast of a player, going to be here a long time.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #725 on: October 24, 2021, 07:46:02 pm »
Thought he covered Trent really well today. He's one of those big lads with busy feet.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #726 on: October 24, 2021, 07:46:30 pm »
Quick, decisive, powerful. Was awesome tonight. Well in Ibou lad.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: October 24, 2021, 07:46:47 pm »

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: October 24, 2021, 07:49:41 pm »

Looks the business doesn’t he?

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #729 on: October 24, 2021, 07:50:20 pm »
Probably won't have many easier games in England  ;D

A very good performance though it must be said. We have four outstanding senior centre halves now.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: October 24, 2021, 07:55:33 pm »
The Indomitable Ibou Konate

Playing him today was a brilliant piece of coaching/management. Our right have never been so secure …

Konate and Virgil … that’s almost unfair
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #731 on: October 24, 2021, 08:11:40 pm »
What an absolute unit. He looks bigger than Van Dijk and that's saying something. Showed good pace and absolutely monstrous in the air. Ronaldo tried to get at him but got absolutely nothing. Still needs some more time to get used to the line and discipline, but give him a few more games and he's probably got everything you'd expect from a Van Dijk regen.

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #732 on: October 24, 2021, 08:12:36 pm »
Yeah he was fucking great today. Huge potential.

Good problems to be had at CB for Jürgen.
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: October 24, 2021, 08:20:39 pm »
He was perfect for this match and i was so confident when i saw that he's starting. Imperious performance Ibou lad!
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #734 on: October 24, 2021, 08:23:27 pm »
Feels like we’ve signed a young Koulibaly. What a player
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: October 24, 2021, 08:23:35 pm »
Love this from Ibou. No one is messin' with the big man.  8)

https://twitter.com/Watch_LFC/status/1452338653871714310

Virj and Ibou swatting away fly's.  8)

https://twitter.com/FPL_FC/status/1452310817379074062
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 08:27:06 pm by Samie »

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #736 on: October 24, 2021, 08:28:55 pm »
Going to be immense in years to come for us. Seems very quick as well, when he had the sprint with Dalot there was only one winner.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #737 on: October 24, 2021, 08:38:49 pm »
Vrooooom!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: October 24, 2021, 10:20:15 pm »

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #739 on: October 24, 2021, 10:33:47 pm »
apart from the disallowed ronaldo goal (should've done better there), had a strong game, pacy, strong, saw danger early, good in the air and that's hell of a game to be thrown into as your first league start (it was his first wasn't it?)

anyway, he's gonna have much harder games but i liked what i saw and i saw what i like
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: October 24, 2021, 10:36:39 pm »
Started against Crystal Palace too mate.

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #741 on: October 24, 2021, 10:37:02 pm »
He's seriously quick isn't he. Perfect for covering the channels when the fullbacks get caught up the field.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #742 on: October 24, 2021, 10:45:44 pm »
Really impressed me today. I was concerned he may not be ready yet, but looked like he’s been there forever. I’m sure he’ll have bigger tests, but given it was what his third start for us? That was excellent. We are fuckin spoilt at CB, might have the best 4 in the league
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #743 on: October 25, 2021, 12:09:02 am »
Also this away jersey looks boss on Ibou.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #744 on: October 25, 2021, 12:15:16 am »
He could be Virgil 2.0 ..

He has that calm presence and same feeling as if he knew he is better than the rest…

Good times ahead with Ibou

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: October 25, 2021, 01:39:50 am »
Thought it was interesting that Jamie Jackson of the Guardian mentioned an error he made early on which led to the Fernandes chance. I’m not one to usually take any interest in how journalists or pundits analyse our performances, but I actually don’t think that particular incident was any more worth of a mention than anything else which happened in that move.

Konaté doesn’t do great, going to ground leaves you vulnerable, but Henderson and Trent could also do better at stopping that ball from coming back inside when it was out on the touchline, likewise if Keïta had tucked in quicker than he probably picks up the loose ball from Konaté stopping the attack. In that next phase of the move, Milner fails to cut out the pass and Robertson could position himself better. This isn’t to have a go at any of those players mentioned, rather just to exemplify that saying his error led to the chance is a lazy bit of analysis because there will always be a number of factors at play.

Jamie Jackson's a bitter Manc, like the rest of them in the media. Refuses to ever give Liverpool praise.

He gave a 7 for Hendo - the same score as De Gea. Twat.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #746 on: October 25, 2021, 02:02:58 am »
It’s funny to think last time he played at Old Trafford he lost 5-0 with Leipzig, this time the score is reversed. He’s got the lot already and he’s only 22, we did very well to pay his release clause and bring him in.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #747 on: October 25, 2021, 02:07:15 am »
Thought it was interesting that Jamie Jackson of the Guardian mentioned an error he made early on which led to the Fernandes chance. I’m not one to usually take any interest in how journalists or pundits analyse our performances, but I actually don’t think that particular incident was any more worth of a mention than anything else which happened in that move.

Konaté doesn’t do great, going to ground leaves you vulnerable, but Henderson and Trent could also do better at stopping that ball from coming back inside when it was out on the touchline, likewise if Keïta had tucked in quicker than he probably picks up the loose ball from Konaté stopping the attack. In that next phase of the move, Milner fails to cut out the pass and Robertson could position himself better. This isn’t to have a go at any of those players mentioned, rather just to exemplify that saying his error led to the chance is a lazy bit of analysis because there will always be a number of factors at play.

It wasn't even an error by Konate as you say he has done his job and won the ball.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: October 25, 2021, 02:24:54 am »
Jamie Jackson's a bitter Manc, like the rest of them in the media. Refuses to ever give Liverpool praise.

He gave a 7 for Hendo - the same score as De Gea. Twat.

7 De Gea? He deserves 4. I swear, Alisson would have saved at least three of them.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #749 on: October 25, 2021, 02:50:12 am »
7 De Gea? He deserves 4. I swear, Alisson would have saved at least three of them.
If it wasn’t for De Gea, the score would have been 7-0 (Salah’s chance and Trent’s bullet come to mind). Not that would have made a big difference, mind, and I agree with you, a 7/10 is way too much.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: October 25, 2021, 03:07:17 am »
I read somewhere Konate had the third fastest top speed of any European footballer clocked last season. He certainly has a great turn of pace. Great in the air, proactive in the tackle, strong, a complete unit. All that is lacking, and it’s not really a lack as such, is a bit more experience so the line works like clockwork. A few more games and this might be the number one partnership at the back for us for now.

I loved his willingness to get in there with a few handbags flying. Ronaldo. Bruno. Nope. You don’t mess with Liverpool.

Ridiculous to say, but he looks the nearest thing you can get to a young Van Dijk. Big future.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #751 on: October 25, 2021, 03:09:57 am »
Unit...

Fucking unit...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #752 on: October 25, 2021, 04:16:38 am »
Konate was great and it's obvious he has the physical traits to become a dominant CB in our team.  What I also noticed today was his heading control was exceptional.  This is something I've previously highlighted with VVD where he's able to direct headed balls towards our players even when he's being challenged by the opposition.  Too many defenders just head the back the opposite way it came from, as hard as they can, and it often leads to turnovers (remember Skrtel).  Konate already seems to have this skill in his locker which is a great sign for us.

I also loved that moment that Dalot went for a sprint late in the second half (after only coming on 10 minutes earlier) and Konate just casually turned on the afterburners to catch him and eased him away from the play.

Impressive stats as well:
60 touches
44 passes (91.7%)
100% tackle success
100% ground duels won
8 clearances
2 long balls completed
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: October 25, 2021, 04:41:24 am »
Started against Crystal Palace too mate.

of course, cheers mate, point still stands tho, hell of a game to come into with only one prem start under your belt and did well, time will tell how good the lad can be but he's got the tools and genuine pace in a CB is a massive plus
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #754 on: October 25, 2021, 04:58:44 am »

is fred fucking smitten there or something? no wonder he couldn't focus and turned in his usual shit 'performance'

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #755 on: October 25, 2021, 05:00:56 am »
is fred fucking smitten there or something? no wonder he couldn't focus and turned in his usual shit 'performance'
To be fair, we think that Fred was their only player worthy of good words. He was pressing relentlessly even at 5-0, but one swallow doesn’t make spring.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #756 on: October 25, 2021, 05:58:38 am »
What a guy. That tussle with Rashford in the first half where Rashford was looking to run in to space on the left wing was fabulous, but then the tackle on Ronaldo, and that race with Dalot was superb as well.
Fantastic performance, but should have not allowed Ronaldo on his right foot inside that easily for the disallowed goal. He will keep becoming greater.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #757 on: October 25, 2021, 06:06:21 am »
In the Atletico game we seemed content letting Joao Felix hang out high and wide behind Trent assuming that Matip would get over or one of the CM's.  Obviously it didn't work as well as hoped so maybe Konate was the tactical answer?  I guess we'll see as the games go along.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: October 25, 2021, 08:23:40 am »
Class wasn’t he? Not bad at centre half are we.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 08:55:19 am by red1977 »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #759 on: October 25, 2021, 10:05:13 am »
Now he knows what it means to be a Liverpool player.

Now he knows about the football miracles.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W