Author Topic: Everton 0 - 0 Liverpool Full time meh  (Read 87825 times)

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Everton 0 - 0 Liverpool Full time meh
« Reply #760 on: February 7, 2015, 10:03:54 pm »
So now you rate Henderson?

No, but due to Gerrard leaving and him being VC he could demand 100k at least as he is in line to be the next captain of liverpool Fc.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #761 on: February 7, 2015, 10:04:44 pm »
Sturridge signed a new contract in excess of 100k. We gave Suarez 200k.

Offline Silly Effin' Pidl

• drove an Aldi
  • Kopite
  • Annie Roader to victory in the Grand National
« Reply #762 on: February 7, 2015, 10:06:01 pm »
Re. the upcoming home game against Tottenham, perhaps we're destined  to beat them 2-0, John. This would nicely maintain the pattern [5-0 then 4-0 then 3-0] of consecutive wins against them ?
« Last Edit: February 7, 2015, 10:10:03 pm by Billy Lidl »

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #763 on: February 7, 2015, 10:06:08 pm »
Sturridge signed a new contract in excess of 100k. We gave Suarez 200k.
And?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Anonymous5

• Kopite
« Reply #764 on: February 7, 2015, 10:06:30 pm »
Both sterling and Hendo could demand 100k wages per week if they want. It should come as no shock if we lose both of them.

The club are creating a problem by this stance they seem to be having.
Excuse me what?  :lmao Hendo? demanding 100k a week? Don't get me wrong I think hes a very good player but he hasnt done enough to earn 100k a week. With that wage, between 100k-120k a week we could bring in a TOP quality CM

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: February 7, 2015, 10:07:25 pm »
Both sterling and Hendo could demand 100k wages per week if they want. It should come as no shock if we lose both of them.

yes we need to get our key players to sign new contracts but we're not in a position at the moment to throw huge wages at players, with the increase in revenue from the expanded Anfield that will help. We're also going to lose a couple of very big wage earner in the summer so the money should be there its all about spending it wisely. I don't think the owners have a problem spending big money on the right players, they've shown that with the Red Sox, but i think they and Brendan too are all about keeping the players hungry and part of that is rewarding them for performing well but not overpaying them before they've "earned it"

I don't see Henderson leaving, hes the next captain and fought hard to stay here, Sterling im not sure but you'd hope he's getting good advice and hes at a club that have helped him a lot with a manager thats shown a lot of faith in him.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: February 7, 2015, 10:08:56 pm »
And?

Response to the people saying we dont give players big money.

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: February 7, 2015, 10:09:26 pm »
And?

so there's not a policy by the owners not to pay more than 100k

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #768 on: February 7, 2015, 10:09:46 pm »
We went closer to winning the league with the latter choices in midfield than with the former, so maybe the question that should be asked is: having a midfield of world class players really necessary for wining this league?

Yeah dragged by Suarez and Sturridge.

Point still stands in how much worse our midfield is than it was. If you take away our one decent striker our striking options are fucking woeful (I'll admit they were then too, Keane and Ngog still > Lambert and Borini though) and Carra and Sami > Skrtel and Sakho (I like Sakho mind). Reina > Mignolet too. Riise and Finnan > Moreno and Glen.

So we're worse in every single area apart from our attacking midfielders. Hence why we play a team of them.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: February 7, 2015, 10:10:16 pm »
Response to the people saying we dont give players big money.
Aaaah, soz. Excuse my arsey-pissedness.

And no, you can't marry me. Let me make that abundantly clear.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #770 on: February 7, 2015, 10:12:27 pm »
It is important but this season its not a be all and end all situation. Not long ago there were serious concerns over whether Rodgers would survive the winter and I didnt think he could ever assemble a side that could defend. Well through his tactical ability he has shown he can and as well the likes of Coutinho, Can and Lucas have shone.

I dunno, we found it difficult enough to attract top quality players this year (most of our successes have been relatively unknown/unproven players) when we were actually in the CL, it'd doubly hard without it and we don't have the money to overcompensate in the way that Utd (or even Arsenal, if they were to miss out) do.

Arguments like "oh we're only 4 points off" (it could be 6 by the end of play tomorrow, lets not forget) are all good and well if you're chasing one team, but we need three out of four teams to start slipping up, and when they do we need to be able to capitalise. One of those teams is playing solely in the league, one is playing in only the league and FA Cup. We looked fucked today and we're only just starting probably our busiest period of the season.

We've been on a great run since what I consider to be our turnaround against Utd, but lets be real we've played only two teams from the top 8 in that period (one of which was West bloody Ham), both at home, and the half of those games came against genuine relegation candidates (Burnley, Leicester, Sunderland, Villa). We've probably got a tougher fixture list than any of the other competing teams (with games against every other top 7 team - Utd and Spurs (5), Soton (4) and Arsenal (3) all have less.

I mean obviously it's not over till it's over, but it'd need an epic run of form and a bit of luck on our part.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #771 on: February 7, 2015, 10:14:29 pm »
From the coin toss i knew Gerrard wasn't up for it. I was surprised by his performance, i really thought he would have his best game. Ibe impressed me, that role looks so natural for him. Bad result, as everton are shite.
Seen us win everything

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: February 7, 2015, 10:15:15 pm »
Excuse me what?  :lmao Hendo? demanding 100k a week? Don't get me wrong I think hes a very good player but he hasnt done enough to earn 100k a week. With that wage, between 100k-120k a week we could bring in a TOP quality CM

Laugh all you want but as future Liverpool captain why on earth would he sign a contract for less.

His agent currently has the club by the balls. Being captain of lfc is a massive job.

It's not a case of rating him or not.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #773 on: February 7, 2015, 10:16:11 pm »
so there's not a policy by the owners not to pay more than 100k

But the does seem to be with new players. We seem to reward players who have hit certain targets once they are here but in terms of bringing a player in straight on £150k for example, it has yet to be seen.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #774 on: February 7, 2015, 10:17:36 pm »

Sturridge and Coutinho signed contract's recently.  So we're clearly giving players what we think they're worth.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #775 on: February 7, 2015, 10:17:42 pm »
We have XI players in our entire roster I think are, or will be, good enough to play for LFC (not counting U18s I don't know enough) and with a few I was being generous.

Apologies for the ranting I'm just so pissed off with football.

Offline karl740

• Kopite
« Reply #776 on: February 7, 2015, 10:17:43 pm »
That's the thing that could stop us from making top 4, not our ability. But Spurs will have exactly the same problems as us.

Watched the spurs game today. They have played the most games this season, have no injuries and look to have plenty of energy. Opposite to us it seems.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2015, 10:20:48 pm by karl740 »

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #777 on: February 7, 2015, 10:18:30 pm »
But the does seem to be with new players. We seem to reward players who have hit certain targets once they are here but in terms of bringing a player in straight on £150k for example, it has yet to be seen.

Yep, we should have spent the Suarez money on a Suarez replacement and a Gerrard replacement and thrown big fat contracts at them.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: February 7, 2015, 10:19:02 pm »
Gerrard seems to lose a yard every week, just looks so off the pace nowadays. Yes he can pop up with a free kick every now and then but even his delivery today was piss poor and you can't have him in for sentimental reasons waiting for a one off piece of magic. I'll be surprised if he starts many games from now until the season ends, just not cutting it in our system and it hurts to watch him toil out there thanklessly.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #779 on: February 7, 2015, 10:19:26 pm »
Gerrard's set pieces have degraded significantly, but I don't understand why. We're generally piss poor with set pieces again. Stupid short passes, or just plain improvisation. Pathetic for a professional team.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #780 on: February 7, 2015, 10:21:08 pm »
Can any of the stattos say how many of our dead balls have hit the first man? I think it's about 78%. Count short corners/quick fks and I'd say about 98.3%

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: February 7, 2015, 10:23:02 pm »
Meh. Damp squib of a game in the end. They did fuck all and were happy yet again to settle for a replay in their cup final.

As I said in another thread, they launched that many balls into the air for Lukaku, they should be renamed the school of fucking rocket science.

We were the only team that tried to win, battered them for most of the game and coped easily with their shithouse tactics.

Yet again, the first sign of a dropped point and the usual fucking nobheads are starting slating our own, throwing the towel in and telling everyone that the sky is falling in.

Doom mongers of the world can just fuck off tonight. I'm not in the mood for it and I could do without the ban, so I'm getting off.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: February 7, 2015, 10:23:14 pm »

I think thats more to do with the type of players we're targeting, there's obviously been a decision to try and identify young players with the potential to become top class players, someone like Can for example if we waited 2-3 years we'd probably not be able to get him when he's more of the finished article because we'd be competing with most of Europe. The same goes for someone like Markovic if he continues an upward improvement.

Personally id like us to try and add 2 or 3 players in that 24-26 year range to go along with the very good young group of players we have.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #783 on: February 7, 2015, 10:23:57 pm »
Laugh all you want but as future Liverpool captain why on earth would he sign a contract for less.

His agent currently has the club by the balls. Being captain of lfc is a massive job.

What a load of tosh.

Absolute tosh that is.

Firstly, Rickie Lambert captained the side earlier this season, last year our vice captain left for £3m to Brondby. The other vice captain was Suarez and he went too. So there isn't really that much about being a Rodgers captain that guarantees anything at all.

Secondly, If you think Henderson would be captain of any other top 5 team then you're having a laugh. He would know that himself. What's he going to do? Who else would offer Henderson close to that wage anyway? Chelsea? City? Arsenal? He wouldn't be captain of any of them, let alone if they even would want him.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: February 7, 2015, 10:24:06 pm »
Can any of the stattos say how many of our dead balls have hit the first man? I think it's about 78%. Count short corners/quick fks and I'd say about 98.3%
Eleventy thumb point nuffin ate snacks. Now you can go to bed..........

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: February 7, 2015, 10:24:15 pm »
Lukaku how many times was he offside today? Must have reached Djbril Cisse levels.  ;D

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #786 on: February 7, 2015, 10:25:29 pm »
Meh. Damp squib of a game in the end. They did fuck all and were happy yet again to settle for a replay in their cup final.

As I said in another thread, they launched that many balls into the air for Lukaku, they should be renamed the school of fucking rocket science.

We were the only team that tried to win, battered them for most of the game and coped easily with their shithouse tactics.

Yet again, the first sign of a dropped point and the usual fucking nobheads are starting slating our own, throwing the towel in and telling everyone that the sky is falling in.

Doom mongers of the world can just fuck off tonight. I'm not in the mood for it and I could do without the ban, so I'm getting off.

All of the shite spouted about Martinez and his love for playing football 'the proper way' is a load of fucking goat bollocks. It's not necessarily wrong but it's a fallacy. I've watched Everton a fair bit during his reign and he loves a long ball up to the front man.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #787 on: February 7, 2015, 10:26:17 pm »
Eleventy thumb point nuffin ate snacks. Now you can go to bed..........

I need to mate I fricking hate dropping a point against anyone, never mind the blue shite, turns me into a right pessimist till the morn.

Offline waterfordred1

• Main Stander
« Reply #788 on: February 7, 2015, 10:32:35 pm »
I'm not saying they aren't a good side. We are better though.
em...look at the table, so far we are not.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: February 7, 2015, 10:34:17 pm »
It was very disheartening to see Gerrard struggle like that and honestly Rodgers hasn't helped him there. If Coutinho was injured (has that been confirmed?), Gerrard should gave been hooked for Markovic. The game was just crying out for some energy, some real impactful change, but sentiment stopped us from really giving it a go. Very sad to see and I have to say I was really pissed off after the game was over - probably more than any game this season.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #790 on: February 7, 2015, 10:35:01 pm »
Can't believe Coutinho went off considering the form he has been. A part of me is hoping it was an injury (not too serious of course) so as to explain that shocking decision.

If he was fine then Rodgers was being far too sentimental with Gerrard.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: February 7, 2015, 10:36:25 pm »
I need to mate I fricking hate dropping a point against anyone, never mind the blue shite, turns me into a right pessimist till the morn.
Don't worry fella, the only stat we all need to know is - is that they are poor and we are moving onwards and upwards, despite being held to a draw by their bland football. And bland is most definitely what it is.

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #792 on: February 7, 2015, 10:36:35 pm »
It was very disheartening to see Gerrard struggle like that

Tonight i think revealed how it was the right decision for him to move on.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #793 on: February 7, 2015, 10:37:23 pm »
I think we find a way to win this game if McCarthy doesn`t recover in time to participate.

They know they`ll lose to Chelsea in few days so were extra determined to grind out a famous draw today. 3 combative ball winning midfielders and no creativity within whatsoever ; all they focused on was stopping our players between the lines. We don`t seem to be able to get the job done in big games and Merseyside derby this year. Hopefully against Spurs we finally break that trend.

Offline adamski29

• Kopite
    • limerick sliding wardrobes
« Reply #794 on: February 7, 2015, 10:38:22 pm »
I'm a Rodgers fan but he deserves criticism for that game management Gerrard was anonymous should have been of not Coutinho. And the cup game midweek was the time to rest players not today. But of course we have to get to cup final for Gerrard and he has to stay on in the Derby.

Never thought I'd say this but we are currently carrying stevie too our detriment.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: February 7, 2015, 10:39:35 pm »
Tonight i think revealed how it was the right decision for him to move on.
Well go you, for your such resounding faith in where we stand right now as a squad and team. I suspect abortion is but a mere game changer for the social services, in your eyes.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: February 7, 2015, 10:40:23 pm »
I'm a Rodgers fan but he deserves criticism for that game management Gerrard was anonymous should have been of not Coutinho. And the cup game midweek was the time to rest players not today. But of course we have to get to cup final for Gerrard and he has to stay on in the Derby.

Never thought I'd say this but we are currently carrying stevie too our detriment.

I read on here Coutinho was injured but can someone confirm it? If he wasn't injured I'm just floored a Rodgers made that decision, in a game that was there to be won, no less.

Take off Coutinho and bring on his best partner (Sturridge) to replace him? Bizarre.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #797 on: February 7, 2015, 10:45:43 pm »
It was a Goodison derby you crying twats.....a banker draw and that's what happened ...now gather your toys together and get to fuckin bed
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #798 on: February 7, 2015, 10:46:48 pm »
I read on here Coutinho was injured but can someone confirm it? If he wasn't injured I'm just floored a Rodgers made that decision, in a game that was there to be won, no less.

Take off Coutinho and bring on his best partner (Sturridge) to replace him? Bizarre.

I dont blame him to taking off Coutinho, even if he was injured, cause Coutinho has been playing in all of these mostly 90 minutes if Im not wrong:

Thu - 1   Barclays Premier League   Leicester   H   2   2             
Mon - 5   FA Cup   AFC Wimbledon   A   1   2   
Sat - 10   Barclays Premier League   Sunderland   A   0   1   
Sat - 17   Barclays Premier League   Aston Villa   A   0   2             
Tue - 20   Capital One Cup   Chelsea   H   1   1   
Sat - 24   FA Cup   Bolton   H   0   0   
Tue - 27   Capital One Cup   Chelsea   A   1   0   
Sat - 31   Barclays Premier League   West Ham   H   2   0
Wed - 4   FA Cup   Bolton   A   1   2   
Sat - 7   Barclays Premier League   Everton   A   0   0

got subbed off against West Ham I think around 80 minute mark? + 120 against Chelsea. And it will go on for us those 2  in a week games

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: February 7, 2015, 10:47:57 pm »
Nugget of optimism.

Last season, first game of Feb I believe we drew 1-1 away to West Brom. We then started our run of 10 wins til the end of April.

Here's hoping we do it again this season.