Author Topic: Everton 0 - 0 Liverpool Full time meh  (Read 87820 times)

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
Re: Everton 0 - 0 Liverpool Full time meh
« Reply #640 on: February 7, 2015, 08:44:15 pm »
Can on Lukaku though
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Gonebay

• Horny for Dudek
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #641 on: February 7, 2015, 08:44:40 pm »
Spurs have been outstanding lately and can very reasonably claim to be better than us,
Better than us my arse. They are the jammiest bastards only behind mancs in being jammy.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: February 7, 2015, 08:44:46 pm »
Our lack of energy and intensity in that game is a big concern given the schedule we have coming up. If we are already looking jaded then how do we manage another 7 games in 3 weeks without a drop in performances? I think we might have to focus stronger team selections on one or two competitions and maybe go weaker in the third competition - which one that is I do not know, but I would suspect the Europa League team selections may be the ones that see our better players rested.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: February 7, 2015, 08:44:49 pm »
If our manager and team are too worried about losing to a poor Everton side - where it matters less (in terms of the effect it has on the Top 4 anyway) - then why should we expect them to be anything other than cautious and conservative against Spurs, Man Utd, Southampton and Arsenal (plus Man City and Chelsea)?

(although I do concede that I was wrong about us not having beaten a top team this season... those early games vs. Southampton and Spurs seem like a past life)

I'm not saying we can't do it because I like to be optimistic, but it's very unlikely indeed. And if Gerrard starts the majority of our remaining games then I guarantee it won't happen.

Its almost as if you've been asleep during Rodgers tenure.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: February 7, 2015, 08:44:58 pm »
Yes that's right, we were 4th at the time. West Ham win tomorrow and we sit 8th, with 4 teams to overtake. Hardly a similar situation is it?
I hope WH win tomorrow. A point gained on the mancs and arsenal, I'll take that.

People are dreaming if they think either saints or spuds are getting top 4. If we finish ahead of either arsenal or the mancs, we're in there. Simple as that.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #645 on: February 7, 2015, 08:45:18 pm »
Wouldn't mind seeing Markovic on the left with Ibe on the right. Moreno again providing naff all.

I thought Moreno was technically sound and defensively solid. He among others has been instrumental in our upturn in form.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: February 7, 2015, 08:45:33 pm »
gonna be interesting if he goes with Allen for Lucas if he's out or moves Can into midfield with maybe Johnson or even Manquillo into the back 3.

He'll go with Allen, no point upsetting a stable back 3. Allen isn't spectacular but he is competent and that has to be enough for now. I think moreno needs to be rested as he's played every game since xmas and it's starting to show. Time for Johnson to earn his corn.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: February 7, 2015, 08:46:01 pm »
Gerrard in his peak, with Masch and Alonso behind him wasn't enough to win the league.

So why three of an old, tired Gerrard, Joe Allen, a Lucas who, whilst I still love the guy, has lost a touch of his talent, and Henderson (our best Midfielder, but not at peak Gerrard levels) is meant to be good enough for LFC? I'll never know.
The team that won the league that year had a midfield far inferior to ours. There is a reason that the remaining positions aren't filled by mannequins.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: February 7, 2015, 08:47:29 pm »
We were 8 points behind leaders Arsenal at this exact juncture last season.

How did that work out?

Worked out well, but even if we pick up the same number of point in our next 14 games that we did in our last 14 games, I still don't think we will get top 4.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: February 7, 2015, 08:47:49 pm »
Lucas to undego a scan on a groin injury.

am I being naive in saying it could be worse? Just glad it's not knee ligaments. Let's say he's out a month, how many EL games would he miss?

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #650 on: February 7, 2015, 08:48:05 pm »
It's YOU who doesn't get it, AAR.

Table position only matters at the end of the last day of games.

Up until that point, the only measure worth looking at is points difference.

We were 8 points behind Arsenal after game 24 last year. We ended up 2 points away from being champions.

We are, at worst, 6 points off 4th at the end of game 24, with 14 games to play.

It's not in our hands, but it's definitely not gone.

When did I say it was definitely gone? Stop putting words into my mouth. I get what you are saying 'we gained 8 points on Arsenal and now we're only 6 points behind top 4 (at worst) so we have a decent chance'.

We're not the team we were last season. We went on possibly the best run of form that we have been on in the past 25 years and to get top 4 this year we will have to beat it.

Have a look at the alternative table thread if you haven't already and you'll understand what im on about.

I get it completely. Im just not deluded.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #651 on: February 7, 2015, 08:48:58 pm »
I hope WH win tomorrow. A point gained on the mancs and arsenal, I'll take that.

People are dreaming if they think either saints or spuds are getting top 4. If we finish ahead of either arsenal or the mancs, we're in there. Simple as that.

How the hell you can possibly dismiss them that easily is beyond me.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: February 7, 2015, 08:49:45 pm »
Why are we even discussing the midfield here. Was irrelevant today, we draw because as a team we wasn't good enough, seemingly instructed to be patient and not over commit.

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: February 7, 2015, 08:49:54 pm »
Our lack of energy and intensity in that game is a big concern given the schedule we have coming up. If we are already looking jaded then how do we manage another 7 games in 3 weeks without a drop in performances? I think we might have to focus stronger team selections on one or two competitions and maybe go weaker in the third competition - which one that is I do not know, but I would suspect the Europa League team selections may be the ones that see our better players rested.

If Rodgers rests key players for the Europa League, then he has lost the plot. It's the only avenue for guaranteed CL football that is in our hands and the most realistic option. Also, Rodgers needs to finally prove he can win the big one. Top 4 is not winning the big one. It's still failure at the end of the day.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: February 7, 2015, 08:50:11 pm »
Worked out well, but even if we pick up the same number of point in our next 14 games that we did in our last 14 games, I still don't think we will get top 4.

How many wins in the last 14 was it again??

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #655 on: February 7, 2015, 08:50:35 pm »
am I being naive in saying it could be worse? Just glad it's not knee ligaments. Let's say he's out a month, how many EL games would he miss?

Of course it could be worse but it's a huge blow if he's injured. The thought of a midfield with Allen, Hendo and Stevie is not good for our hopes of top four or the cups at all. Hopefully it's not as bad as it seems.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #656 on: February 7, 2015, 08:50:46 pm »

You're entitled to think that. But you're not posting seemingly every second post telling everyone it's gone, like it's an established fact. The other poster is. A rational person - nay, a person who's actually PLAYED in a competitive team at any level, would know that a 6 point gap with 14 games to go and at least three 6-pointers left is NOT a lost cause by any means. We made things difficult for ourselves today, but anyone who thinks it's "gone", needs to call their nearest psychiatrist and ask for a bottle of "grow some f*cking balls"***. It's not "gone" until it's mathematically gone.

*** A colloquialism, rather than a gender statement, I must add.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2015, 08:56:52 pm by PhaseOfPlay »
Better looking than Samie.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: February 7, 2015, 08:50:57 pm »
Bloody hell, our physios are generous!

That's why Chelsea find it easier to sign players.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: February 7, 2015, 08:51:16 pm »
On a separate note, Ibe is going to be a player. One hell of a strike and deserved a goal. Excited to see how he gets on between now and the end of the season.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: February 7, 2015, 08:51:19 pm »
Sorry mate but how is it a point gained? Did you expect a loss or something?
Did I even say that

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #660 on: February 7, 2015, 08:51:44 pm »
Spurs have been outstanding lately and can very reasonably claim to be better than us,

We are just behind Southampton as the form team in the league. We also wiped the floor with Spurs at WHL. Have more confidence in your own team. Spurs will be a tough game, but we are better and will win imo.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: February 7, 2015, 08:52:27 pm »
Better than us my arse. They are the jammiest bastards only behind mancs in being jammy.

Not saying I agree, but they have the results, and they've got the best striker in the league on current form which, as the Mancs and LFC 2013/14 have proven,  is all that matters.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: February 7, 2015, 08:54:12 pm »
When did I say it was definitely gone? Stop putting words into my mouth.

Because its fucking true!

Dreamers need to wake the fuck up.

Every win its like 'only 4 points behind now'. Even today people are like 'If we beat spurs and Southampton then we'll be back in it' even though if that did happen we'd be behind both of them still!

We blew our chances of top 4 with our home draw to Leicester. Everything from now on is just set up for disappointment. Its too big a gap with too many teams to overtake. You either get it or you don't.

You should reread your own posts, mate.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #663 on: February 7, 2015, 08:54:22 pm »
CLASS from Everton     /     BRASS from Everton

@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: February 7, 2015, 08:54:47 pm »
You're entitled to think that. But you're not posting seemingly every second post telling everyone it's gone, like it's an established fact. The other poster is. A rational person - nay, a person who's actually PLAYED in a competitive team at any level, would know that a 6 point gap with 14 games to go and at least three 6-pointers left is NOT a lost cause by any means. We made things difficult for ourselves today, but anyone who thinks it's "gone", needs to call their nearest psychiatrist and ask for a bottle of "grow some f*cking balls". It's not "gone" until it's mathematically gone.

Well said PoP.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #665 on: February 7, 2015, 08:54:56 pm »
I think Spurs are due some bad luck and form.  Been getting away with these late wins too much this season.  An injury or dip in form fron either Kane or Eriksen and they'll falter.

Credit to Southampton.  I think they are genuine contenders and have come back well from their mid-season slump.

Still think the tanle will look like this come May

Chelsea
City
United
Arsenal
Spurs or Liverpool
Soton
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Cork Red

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #666 on: February 7, 2015, 08:55:30 pm »
One of the worst derbies since the 'dogs of war' days, from an entertainment perspective.

Ibe showed promise.  Skrtel, Can and Mignolet all played well.  Poor apart from that.  It was particularly sad to see Stevie's last derby pass him by like that.  The tough midweek game against Bolton didn't do any of our players any favours but Stevie, Coutinho and Sterling looked particularly leggy.

For Everton, McCarthy was the main man.  They've missed him badly as he does the same job for them as Lucas does for us.

Praying that the injuries to Lucas and Coutinho aren't serious as that could really derail our season.  Our form overall has been very good but unfortunately for us Spurs and Southampton are flying too.  Could be a real slog for the Champions League spots this year.  Apart from Chelsea I don't think any team is nailed on for one.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: February 7, 2015, 08:55:47 pm »
How many wins in the last 14 was it again??

11 wins I think it was and 2 draws and 1 loss I think it was. That was playing 1 game a week. We are still in two other competitions now. Will be a tall order to match last season's form.

Spurs and Southampton will bottle it. Mancs are less than two years removed from being league champs and they practicaly play once a week so can't see them bottling it. Arsenal only bottle league title challenges, so it will be tough.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2015, 08:57:28 pm by LFC_when_it_suits »

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #669 on: February 7, 2015, 08:55:57 pm »
Bloody hell, our physios are generous!

;D

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #670 on: February 7, 2015, 08:56:39 pm »
Yes

as bad as saying we are lightyears from 4th when its 4 points away.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: February 7, 2015, 08:56:43 pm »
You're entitled to think that. But you're not posting seemingly every second post telling everyone it's gone, like it's an established fact. The other poster is. A rational person - nay, a person who's actually PLAYED in a competitive team at any level, would know that a 6 point gap with 14 games to go and at least three 6-pointers left is NOT a lost cause by any means. We made things difficult for ourselves today, but anyone who thinks it's "gone", needs to call their nearest psychiatrist and ask for a bottle of "grow some f*cking balls". It's not "gone" until it's mathematically gone.

Who??

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: February 7, 2015, 08:57:43 pm »
You should reread your own posts, mate.

Fair play. I'd be a hypocrite if I change my mind so i'll stick by my comments. Wont stop me enjoying the ride, supporting the lads and praying to god that we do get it though.

Think we should concentrate on EL now to be honest.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: February 7, 2015, 08:57:57 pm »
11 wins I think it was and 2 draws and 1 loss I think it was. That was playing 1 game a week. We are still in two other competitions now. Will be a tall order to match last season's form.

If we match that then we will 100% guaranteed finish top 4. Thats 74 points.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: February 7, 2015, 08:58:13 pm »
We went closer to winning the league with the latter choices in midfield than with the former, so maybe the question that should be asked is: having a midfield of world class players really necessary for wining this league?
None of the teams last season were as good as United in 08/09

In regards to your question, it depends what you're defining as world class. You definitely need a good midfield but to win the league, generally it's essential to have a good attack with two or three players who can finish. We didn't really have a backup for Torres when he was injured back then. Last season we had Sturridge and Suarez hence why we did so well

It also depends how your midfield is functioning within your system though. Our midfield back then was very important to the way we played. The way we play now, it's less important - our aggression, mobility and individual quality in the final third is more important than our domination of midfield. And to be honest, even a midfield of Mascherano, Alonso and Gerrard only gets you so far - they'll control every game you play but only Gerrard is a goal threat out of them.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: February 7, 2015, 08:58:22 pm »
Yes

It was a point gained on Arsenal though. Which is what I think he is getting at.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: February 7, 2015, 08:58:48 pm »
Who??

The one below directly below your post.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: February 7, 2015, 08:59:55 pm »
It was a point gained on Arsenal though. Which is what I think he is getting at.
And a point more than start of day. I'm stunned people think our chance for top 3 or 4th has gone with a draw.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: February 7, 2015, 09:00:05 pm »
0-0. A little disappointing. We should have managed to score at least one goal. Should improve when Sturridge gets more and more time on the pitch. Like how we are better defensively. Everton didn't create much. We made some mistakes, that's the most dangerous they had.

Impressed with Ibe! Hope he can keep working for his spot in the team. Really liked how he played without fear. Credit to Rodgers for the way he's handled Ibe. Shorter loan, then bring him back in. That's how it should work. And yet another time, a young player has shown he can step in. No-one expects him to be able to play every week, but Ibe, and others, can sure play a role in the squad. Positive!

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: February 7, 2015, 09:00:12 pm »
If we match that then we will 100% guaranteed finish top 4. Thats 74 points.

It'll be tough, but still possible.

If we win our 6 pointers I think we can do it.