Author Topic: Klopp's Second Season - What constitutes a good 16/17 season in your view?  (Read 124509 times)

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
I like the fact that we've given Klopp a good long contract, and hope to fuck the fanbase will take that on board. Miracles aren't expected. We had Rafa, and a good few helped to chase him out, so anything is possible. Would be fucking nice tho, if those that itch to stoke up the gun could maybe just shut the fuck up for a few years.

I've got an issue with having no controller in midfield - a boss, who bosses, - a player that without him in the side, we'd look weaker, and with the left back situation. I'd also suggest a right back is needed. Wouldn't mind a striker to replace Benteke and Balowhatsit. Maybe these might occur - maybe Wijnaldum could be the boss - got some attributes - has he got them all - time will tell. He'll be key for me.

A good season right now looks 5th, but with encouraging signs. One year I thought 5th would be a good reward, and we were pipped to the title. Got this Klopp fella tho.

Let's enjoy it, go for the title, ride the shit, keep calm, watch it develop. These things take time.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
I think we have more goals in us than most of the top sides so it will all be about how we defend. It lost us the title when we had the best front line in the league by a mile.

We improve the defence even by a bit and we can challenge the top 4, sky's the limit after that as far as I'm concerned.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
5th and a cup would be a good season IMO.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
I reckon 70 points and a cup would be a good season. We weren't that far from it last season and we've done well in the market, with a lot of players only likely to get better (or be less injured).

Offline Joff123

• Anny Roader
  • They say our days our numbered
    • Twitter
Primary focus this season has to be top 4.

If we look at our squad and the fact Klopp has had a full pre season and got, most, of his players in early, I believe top 2/3 is much more attainable than many of our fanbase think.

Conte - joined pre season late with a squad he doesnt know and not been able to bring his players in at the start. Also does not know best formation for chelsea etc etc
Pep - his style will take time to organically transfer to his players. Definitely title contenders but doubt they will hit the ground running and carry it on all season with europe etc, also back 5 is weak.
Jose - How will he fit all the attacking options in? Back 4 look vulnerable and strong attacking but weak midfield and defence.
Arsenal - Injuries hit them already and signed nobody big as of yet apart from maybe you could say Xhaka is a BIG signing. Not strengthened attacking options of CBs. however, if they get a fit striker who can score 20+ and sort their injuries out then potentially title contenders.

I think cups for us will be a trial method to see if different formations and fringe players can break into the first 11.

Very exciting season ahead for us. Don't write us off for the title either if we can get consistency in our defence.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Primary focus this season has to be top 4.

If we look at our squad and the fact Klopp has had a full pre season and got, most, of his players in early, I believe top 2/3 is much more attainable than many of our fanbase think.

Conte - joined pre season late with a squad he doesnt know and not been able to bring his players in at the start. Also does not know best formation for chelsea etc etc
Pep - his style will take time to organically transfer to his players. Definitely title contenders but doubt they will hit the ground running and carry it on all season with europe etc, also back 5 is weak.
Jose - How will he fit all the attacking options in? Back 4 look vulnerable and strong attacking but weak midfield and defence.
Arsenal - Injuries hit them already and signed nobody big as of yet apart from maybe you could say Xhaka is a BIG signing. Not strengthened attacking options of CBs. however, if they get a fit striker who can score 20+ and sort their injuries out then potentially title contenders.

I think cups for us will be a trial method to see if different formations and fringe players can break into the first 11.

Very exciting season ahead for us. Don't write us off for the title either if we can get consistency in our defence.

Spurs will give a good account too.

I think we'll do well,if we hit the ground running who knows what this season will bring.
Perspective.
Progress,top 4 is achievable-it will probably be a bit of a roller coaster so let's be realistic..
To be back in European competition & tasting victory in one of the domestic cups would be a good season.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Joff123

• Anny Roader
    • Twitter
Spurs will give a good account too.

I think we'll do well,if we hit the ground running who knows what this season will bring.
Perspective.
Progress,top 4 is achievable-it will probably be a bit of a roller coaster so let's be realistic..
To be back in European competition & tasting victory in one of the domestic cups would be a good season.

SPURS!

Pochettino has gone about his transformation there fairly quietly. End of last season can be forgotten about.

Don't personally think their squad is strong enough to compete in CL and Prem competitively. One has to give. With only Kane as a top striker, Janssen I'm undecided on, and only really one maybe two strong starting players (LB davies and rose) I think they'll struggle being competitive for the year but depends on what they focus on, just achieving top 4 and compete in CL or challenge for title and forget CL or go for both and potentially running out of steam before the end of the season?

I think we need to focus on the league to most and let fringe players and youth play the cups. Our squad is strong enough to compete in cups and the league but I really think we can go for broke with the league and secure top 2.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
It`s funny how people don`t realize we`re gonna win the league.

Right now I`d have Klopp over any other manager in the league. The guy is a maniac. Once our team fully clicks and settles early in the season we`ll become an overwhelming crushing machine. We`ve got shitload of goals, passion and team spirit.

I`m looking forward to gloating and saying I told you so at the end of the season.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Love the optimism mate!

Infectious!! 👊
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Joff123

• Anny Roader
    • Twitter
Love the optimism mate!

Infectious!! 👊

But lets be realistic, it is rational to be quietly optimistic about our chances for the reasons stated above. The players we've brought in improve our squad significantly in all areas, cover at RB and competition for Moreno is needed but apart from those two positions then our 11 is very strong and fit. Klopp will make them work for him and thus we will be successful.

This season will be a good one.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
4th.

Have to get back at the big boy's table. Trophy would be lovely but it won't have as much impact on our future as getting back in the CL.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
Nothing wrong with being realistic but there's nothing wrong with being over the top optimistic either.

LET'S WIN IT REDS!  :scarf :scarf :scarf

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think worrying about what the rest are doing is pretty pointless, ultimately no matter how strong they appear on paper, the points tallies will pretty much always be similar. It may be harder to take points off of the top 5/6 but as long as we do our job against teams in the lower half then we'll be well placed. Hit around the 70 point mark and we'll have a good shot at top four, anything above that and we'll have a good shot at the title. The strength of the other teams is pretty much irrelevant unless we have a freak season where the winners hit 90+.

Offline Joff123

• Anny Roader
    • Twitter
I think worrying about what the rest are doing is pretty pointless, ultimately no matter how strong they appear on paper, the points tallies will pretty much always be similar. It may be harder to take points off of the top 5/6 but as long as we do our job against teams in the lower half then we'll be well placed. Hit around the 70 point mark and we'll have a good shot at top four, anything above that and we'll have a good shot at the title. The strength of the other teams is pretty much irrelevant unless we have a freak season where the winners hit 90+.

Good point but I think we have to hit the ground running and get a 'head start' as such, because these other teams around us have changed too much for instant success. So we need to get a buffer zone so when we do come to playing them later in the season the pressure is not on us to get results but on their managers not succeeding for the first 3-6 months after huge net spends.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
Good point but I think we have to hit the ground running and get a 'head start' as such, because these other teams around us have changed too much for instant success. So we need to get a buffer zone so when we do come to playing them later in the season the pressure is not on us to get results but on their managers not succeeding for the first 3-6 months after huge net spends.
Yeah, poor starts has been the norm the last seasons, going back to Rafa.
13/14 is remembered for the amazing spring, but the start with several 1-0 wins was crucial.

Offline MHLC

• My Horse Likes Cheese
  • Legacy Fan
We're going to win the league this season. I won't bore you with the over elaborate reasons for coming to this conclusion. Just trust me, we're going to win it.

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
To build a Liverpool team that is acknowledged as a solid defensive unit and hard to score against, not prone to errors or self detructive collapses....a team who once up 2-0 the opposition feel there is little way back and more to the point we fans think that and such scorelines at Anfield signal a dull last 15 minutes , not panic and fear of the opposition scoring or more to the point our defense imploding. Achieve that and the success will follow.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
To build a Liverpool team that is acknowledged as a solid defensive unit and hard to score against, not prone to errors or self detructive collapses....a team who once up 2-0 the opposition feel there is little way back and more to the point we fans think that and such scorelines at Anfield signal a dull last 15 minutes , not panic and fear of the opposition scoring or more to the point our defense imploding. Achieve that and the success will follow.

Manage to do that and we'll win the league mate.

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
Manage to do that and we'll win the league mate.

yeah, you'd think maybe that would have been a good plan to adopt over the past 4 seasons or so....no more 5-3's and 4-2's ....2-0 will be fine thank you

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

When Rafa was in charge, anytime we were 1-0 up, i knew we wouldn't lose at a bare minimum, and a 2-0 lead is a guaranteed win. We never won the league with Rafa but I do miss that part about him.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
I like the fact that we've given Klopp a good long contract, and hope to fuck the fanbase will take that on board. Miracles aren't expected. We had Rafa, and a good few helped to chase him out, so anything is possible. Would be fucking nice tho, if those that itch to stoke up the gun could maybe just shut the fuck up for a few years.

Amen. Not a fucking chance, but would be lovely.

Rather than a finishing league position, I'd be satisfied with more points than last year, and happy with 70+.

But as you say, give him and the squad time. TO grow, fail, learn and succeed.

Offline dogeibbor

• Anny Roader
  • He wants to come
We are the only top 4 contender not having to spend energy on games in europe. This is a big factor over a long season and I think it will just nudge us into top 4  ;D

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
We are the only top 4 contender not having to spend energy on games in europe. This is a big factor over a long season and I think it will just nudge us into top 4  ;D

That's not true. Chelsea aren't in Europe either

Offline fingermouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
We need to get back in amongst the top 5 season in, season out. These 6th-8th place finishes need f*cking binned, and sharpish.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
We need to get back in amongst the top 5 top 4 season in, season out and win the damn thing from time to time. These 6th-8th place finishes need f*cking binned, and sharpish.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Top 4

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
Top 4 would consititute a good step forward, but truth be told i'm expecting us to miss out. Unless we sign a classy midfielder with the ability to control, in addition to a LB who starts ahead of Moreno, then i think those two issues will hold us back.

Still a long way to go in the transfer window so who knows those two issues could be resolved, but until then i'm a bit sceptical yet. The Sevilla game is still fresh in the memory and our weaknesses at LB and in the middle of the park stood out big time in that second half. I'm just wishing we can make the relevant signings in those positions to allay my fears.

Dahoud and Hector would have both been more than brilliant signings to resolve our weaknesses, but fair to say they don't look very likely of coming in.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
You lads have gone soft!

We will win the League. We will win the League Cup, and we'll win the FA Cup.

This year is our Year.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
You lads have gone soft!

This year is our Year.

Piss off.
Seen us win everything

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
Nice Doco on Klopp on LFCTV
from him as a player at Mainz, moving on to manager
and when he left their fans sang YNWA, a nice omen

Impressive what he did at Mainz and Dortmund, give him time and we will see the benefits.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Sturridge saying this pre-season is the most intense pre-season he ever experienced at any club. It`s great to hear as it`s in line with what Klopp intimated this pre-season ought to be and it bodes well for us going into the new season if we want to fully implement Klopp`s philosophy.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Klopp's Second Season - What constitutes a good 16/17 season in your view?
« Reply #392 on: July 27, 2016, 06:00:15 pm »
Sturridge saying this pre-season is the most intense pre-season he ever experienced at any club. It`s great to hear as it`s in line with what Klopp intimated this pre-season ought to be and it bodes well for us going into the new season if we want to fully implement Klopp`s philosophy.
Music to my ears, especially with Pep's comments on how his players 'are not fat' but he needs 'them to be fit'
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 06:02:04 pm by Rush 82 »

Offline Brasco

• Main Stander
  • It's more than a train ride home these days.
When you look that the managers in the league now, this seems like it's going to be a particularly competitive season. At least one of Klopp, Mourinho, Conte, Guardiola and Wenger will miss out on Champions League.

You'd hope the fact that we can complete concentrate on the domestic competitions will give us some kind of advantage.
The obvious answer though is 4th.
We want to go to the best teams in the world and give them hell

Offline MrBernard

• Kemlynite
  • Don't make me laugh... bitterly.
When you look that the managers in the league now, this seems like it's going to be a particularly competitive season. At least one of Klopp, Mourinho, Conte, Guardiola and Wenger will miss out on Champions League.

You'd hope the fact that we can complete concentrate on the domestic competitions will give us some kind of advantage.
The obvious answer though is 4th.

Mourinho, Conte and Guardia are all new, that might be an advantage for us.
Forget your beaches and jungles; we're going somewhere where I can read, sit and have a quiet drink.

Offline KingNinetyThree

• Kemlynite
The cup final losses of last season still pain me, so a cup win would be nice. Top 4 would be a very good first full season for Klopp given the competition. I just can't decide whether it's realistic or not. Let's be optimistic and say it is!

Offline fannybattersbookclub

• Kemlynite
  • Mrs said sex is better on holiday.Awful postcard.
You lads have gone soft!

This year is our Year.

Is that you Jimmy ?
I had one of them two girl Thai massages,thought I'd won the lottery,six matching balls

• Legacy Fan
Mourinho, Conte and Guardia are all new, that might be an advantage for us.

Mourinho is not new.

Offline heroes123

• Main Stander
something's different about the coming season. can feel it in my balls. ergo, the championship.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
Mourinho is not new.
You know what he means  ::)
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6