Author Topic: Uncle Kolo  (Read 53980 times)

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Uncle Kolo
« Reply #240 on: June 10, 2016, 04:38:39 pm »
He was one of our players who truly understood what it means to play for Liverpool. I will miss him.

All the best Kolo.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #241 on: June 10, 2016, 05:18:30 pm »
A real pity that he's leaving because he looked like he had another season in him as quality back up but I'll put my trust in the manager's decision. He's got his plan and it'll be a good one, although I hope that we don't trust too much in youth and a Garry Macca type purchase is made.

Good luck Kolo.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #242 on: June 10, 2016, 05:19:19 pm »

:'(
:D

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #243 on: June 10, 2016, 05:33:35 pm »
that's sad i hoped we could put together a coaching package in the academy and emergency cover scenario, great man with a lot of experience that another club will benefit from now.

All the best Kolo
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline McAlvis

• Main Stander
  • We all Love a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #244 on: June 10, 2016, 05:47:39 pm »
Probably my favourite player from last seasons' squad; shame he is leaving us but I can understand why the club haven't offered him a new contract. It seemed like every time he ran faster than a light jog he spent the rest of the game wincing and holding the back of his leg (not that he actually needed to run very often, his reading of the game was so strong). We did however seem to play a deeper line than normal when he was on the pitch, so I suspect Klopp was having to alter the tactics to accommodate Kolo.

Under Rodgers he seemed to make the occasional poor mistake, but then that was true for every defender who played under Rodgers; under Klopp I genuinely can't remember any defensive mistakes from Toure despite playing much more than anyone would have expected because of the injuries to others.

I echo what others said and hope he comes back in a coaching role sometime, everything I have heard about him suggests he has the perfect character to help others in the team, and his experience and understanding of defending is second to none.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: June 10, 2016, 06:11:33 pm »
Goodbye Kolo!  :-\

Offline LRRP

• Main Stander
« Reply #246 on: June 10, 2016, 06:19:40 pm »
A true club icon.

I am gutted he is leaving. He could have played for another season as a player/coach role :(

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #247 on: June 10, 2016, 06:22:37 pm »
Strange post.

1. Kolo was on a lot of money. You cannot keep someone on a big contract just in case we have an injury crisis.

2. We played a lot more matches last season than we will next season.

3. Caulker wasn't actually needed. Other than a couple of late substitute appearances and a cup start, he didn't feature.

3. Who knows, maybe we will sign another defender.

Fair points, but by way of a response:

- All experienced players are on big money, as well as a load of kids who haven't earned it yet. There was an opportunity to put him on reduced terms or change terms and conditions as his contract expired. But with the amount of money washing through the league nowadays, this argument is no longer valid in my opinion.

- Even if you play 40 matches (the bare minimum we'll play next year) or 65 matches, an injury crisis will still mess things up regardless. If we're on a league push, experience from the bench is vital.

- Caulker did exactly what was asked of him, back up when required, and without any fuss. If you have experience there, and good experience at that, it puts less pressure on the club to rush players back.

- Maybe we will sign a defender, but if we're letting the vast experience of Skrtel go I think it's mad to lose another player who can lead in the dressing room.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #248 on: June 10, 2016, 06:25:47 pm »
If 10 others had his attitude and desire in Basel, we'd be looking forward to the Champions League next season.  Argubably his best season for us was the one just gone.  Played very well when called upon.  Right time for him to move on though with fewer games next season and Sakho, Matip, Lovren and Gomez as our centre back options.

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: June 10, 2016, 06:26:40 pm »
See ya Kolo! Hopefully you come back as a coach!

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: June 10, 2016, 06:31:40 pm »
Hope he finds his way back in some sort of coaching role, wish him all the best.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: June 10, 2016, 06:53:54 pm »
Shame he was not 5 years younger. Good luck Kolo at least your name will be sung in dart venues for years to come.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: June 10, 2016, 07:26:07 pm »
If only we could transfer his attitude and passion to some of our other players.
YNWA

Offline Cohiba

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #253 on: June 10, 2016, 07:29:54 pm »
True professional, gent and awesome player. Did us proud. All the best Kolo, your welcome back with us anytime!
Every great achievement
Was believed to be impossible at one time

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: June 10, 2016, 07:42:23 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/teGEoYW8dhU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/teGEoYW8dhU</a>

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #255 on: June 10, 2016, 07:44:34 pm »
Real shame to see him go. One of very few players to emerge from that horror show in Basel with any credit.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: June 10, 2016, 07:52:55 pm »

Ha ha! Kolo's was just too damn loveable wasn't he? Shame he's left, his form since Klopp took over was very good. All the best, still hope to see him in carry on in the Premier League.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: June 10, 2016, 08:01:41 pm »
Best of luck Kolo and thanks for some great memories. A real leader and gentleman. Will be missed is the dressing room as much as out on the pitch.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #258 on: June 10, 2016, 08:56:14 pm »
He's not been with us long, but by god I'll miss him. Good luck Kolo you crazy uncle

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #259 on: June 10, 2016, 08:59:18 pm »
Brilliant player to have in our squad.  Solid, reliable, comitted, could organise and read the game.
Awesome player in his prime - would loved to have had him then.

Really liked his no nonsense style.

Remember I laughed when I saw his reaction after making a mistake a couple of seasons ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpds4dyx_xA

Good luck Uncle Kolo !
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: June 10, 2016, 09:27:25 pm »
All the best kolo lad

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #261 on: June 10, 2016, 09:32:51 pm »
A big thank you to the man with the giant heart. One of my absolute favourite players purely because of his attitude and love for the club and respect towards us. He's always guaranteed a warm reception any time he decides to visit.

YNWA Kolo
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #262 on: June 10, 2016, 10:30:23 pm »
All the best big man.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: June 11, 2016, 02:42:20 am »
Gutted. I love him. Young players have talked before about his influence around the place. Should really be staying imo.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: June 11, 2016, 02:48:31 am »
I'm really gutted he's going. I suppose the club's starting to learn how to be ruthless again, but I'm really gutted he's going. Love you Kolo.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline richmond-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A stranger in a strange land.
« Reply #265 on: June 11, 2016, 04:09:47 am »
Such a nice guy. I wish him all the best in whatever he does next.

Offline dorsetgill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: June 11, 2016, 06:16:24 am »
Will miss him,Good luck Kolo

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #267 on: June 11, 2016, 06:33:19 am »
All the best Kolo. We'll always have fond memories of you.

Offline Yerolo

• Kopite
« Reply #268 on: June 11, 2016, 09:22:20 am »
Good Luck Kolo. I'm sure his father figure presence around the players will be missed...seems like a true gentleman of the game. Would be welcome back at the club at a coaching level in the future If the opportunity arose for him.

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #269 on: June 11, 2016, 11:23:18 am »
Would have offered Toure another year with the lack of clarity regarding Sakho at present. However we've seen with Skrtel the pitfalls of keeping a player a year too long and the same might of happened with Toure.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: June 11, 2016, 12:14:37 pm »

1st Sept 2013
1 nil win versus United
Kolo wasn't in the matchday 18
I got in the ground early...Kolo came walking round edge of the pitch in his club suit...from the Main Stand corner flag Annie Road end to the tunnel took him around 45 minutes...signed everything shirts/programmes etc...any photo requested no problem...sums up first and foremost what a great human being he is....top bloke
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #271 on: June 11, 2016, 01:06:56 pm »
All the Best for the future Kolo.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #272 on: June 11, 2016, 01:10:08 pm »

One of those players who live the dream - and does what many a fan wishes they could at times :)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Lodo-Vicus

• Main Stander
  • A Bastion of Invincibility
« Reply #273 on: June 11, 2016, 01:42:25 pm »
Squad will miss him & there goes another experienced player.

Good luck Kolo you legend.
Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #274 on: June 11, 2016, 01:47:11 pm »
Nice one for all your efforts Kolo!

He's going out on a high in my book, he stepped up to the plate when needed especially at the end of last season.

So,

Good on you son. A true Invincible, and I hope the fans' love for you stays with you, regardless of what you do next!

Offline Chrismonster

• Anny Roader
  • Thou shall not wear socks with FlipFlops.
« Reply #275 on: June 11, 2016, 03:11:22 pm »
I was really hoping Kolo would have one more season with us...  Hopefully our next big signing will have similar character, enthusiasm and leadership skills as Kolo, but perhaps at the peak of their career rather than the twilight.
I think Kolo has that mental skill set that our team seems a bit short on at the moment. 

Offline Tony Gunk

• Boys Pen
« Reply #276 on: June 11, 2016, 03:24:47 pm »
Hi folks, the name is Gunk, Tony Gunk FBI.

My first post in here and it's a shame that it's to say goodbye to Kolo. I loved him as a player and character, he put in some stellar performances this season, never let's you down, I'm sure he's great in the dressing room too, it seems a shame that no deal was done but of course we're not privy to how these things work so it probably was not as straight forward as we'd like to think.

Anyway, take care Kolo You Legend!! :wave

You just got Gunked.

Offline klopptilyoudrop

• Kemlynite
    • Ryan Watts
« Reply #277 on: June 11, 2016, 04:26:31 pm »
As Jooney says: it's positive to see the club taking a ruthless decision. It's the best thing for both parties and hopefully he'll be able to continue for another season or two.

He leaves us on the back of an outstanding individual performance in a European final. He'll have a lot to teach after retiring and I hope, with the respect that he has from so many players, that he teaches it at Melwood.

YNWA Kolo.

Offline jimbo1962

• Anny Roader
« Reply #278 on: June 11, 2016, 07:12:05 pm »
Some of his fuck ups cost us the 13-14 season and I was convinced he was on the take but good luck mate

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: June 11, 2016, 11:28:24 pm »
Some of his fuck ups cost us the 13-14 season and I was convinced he was on the take but good luck mate

Please folks, enough of the sentimentality.