Author Topic: Welcome Marko Grujic  (Read 224380 times)

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome Marko Grujic
« Reply #240 on: May 7, 2016, 10:46:53 pm »
Wearing the armband for Red Star at that age is impressive in itself. Fantastic goal too.

Something beautiful about seeing a number 8 whose name starts with a G score a goal like that

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #241 on: May 7, 2016, 10:51:41 pm »
Looks like he's been hitting the weights as well?  Big lad.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: May 8, 2016, 03:06:45 am »
He's really piled on the muscle hasn't he? Fucking hell.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: May 8, 2016, 03:08:26 am »
Been using the same fat burners Uncle Kolo supplied Sakho with.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #244 on: May 9, 2016, 04:40:34 pm »
Hope he arrives as early as possible - the pace of the Prem is going to be quite an adjustment for him.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: May 9, 2016, 04:46:08 pm »
Can you imagine him and Can commanding the midfield?  :o :o

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #246 on: May 9, 2016, 06:05:43 pm »

Oh god don't, it could be a thing of beauty.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: May 9, 2016, 06:34:24 pm »

No pressure eh lads!!  We're going to see a lot more of Henderson/Can before we see Grujic.  Reckon he will be getting cup games and covering rotation/injuries for the first season at least.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: May 9, 2016, 06:39:51 pm »
No pressure eh lads!!  We're going to see a lot more of Henderson/Can before we see Grujic.  Reckon he will be getting cup games and covering rotation/injuries for the first season at least.
Also Can-Modric (or whoever it is that will be our new midfield signing).

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #249 on: May 9, 2016, 06:40:26 pm »
He isn't coming here to make up the numbers...He will have serious amount of minutes on the pitch for us next season.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: May 9, 2016, 06:56:13 pm »
He isn't coming here to make up the numbers...He will have serious amount of minutes on the pitch for us next season.

I think that depends on whether we actually make Europe. If we don't then he's got to get past Can, Hendo and Milner. Possibly even Allen. How many starts does that actually leave him?

He looks a big lad though. Klopp is building us a team of tanks.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #251 on: May 9, 2016, 06:57:25 pm »
Haven't watched any of him this season, how's he getting on?

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #252 on: May 9, 2016, 07:02:47 pm »
Haven't watched any of him this season, how's he getting on?
He didn`t play much in the second part of the season as he had an awkward nerve related injury in his back and once he got back RS pretty much officially won the league. Before that injury he was tested in a no.10 position and fared there pretty well.

What is most pertinent for me is that he visibly bulked up and it shows he started preparing for PL on time. He also mentioned in couple of interviews he is constant contact with our coaching staff and has apparently followed their instructions which explains that improvement.

One thing that needs to be said is that in Serbian league the tempo is probably the slowest in entire Europe - it`s almost walking pace for the most part - so it`s gonna be a culture shock for him over the first few months though physicality wise I think he`ll cope just fine.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #253 on: May 9, 2016, 07:06:42 pm »
He didn`t play much in the second part of the season as he had an awkward nerve related injury in his back and once he got back RS pretty much officially won the league. Before that injury he was tested in a no.10 position and fared there pretty well.

What is most pertinent for me is that he visibly bulked up and it shows he started preparing for PL on time. He also mentioned in couple of interviews he is constant contact with our coaching staff and has apparently followed their instructions which explains that improvement.

One thing that needs to be said is that in Serbian league the tempo is probably the slowest in entire Europe - it`s almost walking pace for the most part - so it`s gonna be a culture shock for him over the first few months though physicality wise I think he`ll cope just fine.

Hopefully, a good preseason with Klopp and Buvac will help with that. Looking forward to seeing him.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #254 on: May 9, 2016, 07:07:56 pm »
Hopefully, a good preseason with Klopp and Buvac will help with that. Looking forward to seeing him.

They'll have him on the "Divock Origi Work-out Plan"
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #255 on: May 9, 2016, 07:10:05 pm »
Cheers for the update.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #256 on: May 9, 2016, 07:43:24 pm »
He looks gigantic in that clip :o

How old was he, again?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #257 on: May 9, 2016, 07:45:51 pm »
He looks gigantic in that clip :o

How old was he, again?

Just turned 20.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: May 9, 2016, 07:46:46 pm »

Thanks for the update sir, hopefully everyone gives him the time to adjust and can have some patience with him  ::).

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #259 on: May 9, 2016, 07:47:41 pm »
Just turned 20.

Cheers.

Him and Emre will be a handful for anyone, I think!

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #260 on: May 9, 2016, 08:12:53 pm »

Appreciate the updates you've been sharing with us :wave
On another note, how is he in terms of mentality? Clearly he must have some leadership qualities for him to have captained a game (not sure if it was because it was his final game?), is he emotional or passionate (like Mascherano or Suarez, chases after lost causes, never say die attitude which is expressed in all their naunces), or more low key and calm in his play (like Hamann)? Or is he so young, that we've yet to find out?
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: May 9, 2016, 08:23:43 pm »
Big boy.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #262 on: May 9, 2016, 08:46:14 pm »
Clearly he must have some leadership qualities for him to have captained a game (not sure if it was because it was his final game?)
It was because it was the final game and he was practically the senior player among all other fringe players who were given a chance.

, is he emotional or passionate (like Mascherano or Suarez, chases after lost causes, never say die attitude which is expressed in all their naunces), or more low key and calm in his play (like Hamann)? Or is he so young, that we've yet to find out?
That`s the thing about him, his biggest flaw right now is the lack of defensive work-rate and the reason is simple - his team is so superior that he can get away with it; a bit like Y.Toure in a way that he know he doesn`t have to run much to make a difference on the pitch. Obviously he`ll find out very soon into our pre-season that he`ll have to work his bollocks off when we don`t have the ball and press like crazy, I`m sure it will be difficult for him at first but being in an extremely hard working team he`ll realize he has no choice.

I think his mentality is just fine, when you play for RS even a draw is a disaster so he knows all about the pressure of playing for the big club and having every other club in the league parking the bus against you; he proved he can deal with it. Now it`s all about adjusting to a much higher tempo of football in England while being coached by some of the best coaches in Europe, it`s all up to him now.

Offline Gmol

• Anny Roader
« Reply #263 on: May 9, 2016, 08:58:49 pm »
Interesting to see how he fits in especially with Henderson, Milner, maybe Allen and possibly Zielinski competing for the position alongside Can. We could play him in away matches when we need a bit of physical strength. We've been bullied too often in the center over the last few years. I think he'll put Henderson under a lot of pressure.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #264 on: May 9, 2016, 10:43:27 pm »

Cheers! Very interesting, especially the fact that he's used to playing in the best team, and breaking down defenses that play defensive against his club.
If he's winning to learn, there's probably no better coach than Klopp to bring the best out of him.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline The Mule

• Kalgan's finest
  • Kopite
« Reply #265 on: May 9, 2016, 10:44:01 pm »
Interesting to see how he fits in especially with Henderson, Milner, maybe Allen and possibly Zielinski competing for the position alongside Can. We could play him in away matches when we need a bit of physical strength. We've been bullied too often in the center over the last few years. I think he'll put Henderson under a lot of pressure.

Yep, it's starting to seem quite choked in that area (especially if these Zielinski rumours have any basis in fact).

I assumed we'd be going for a quality DM or DLPM type this summer but surely we won't be bringing in 3 senior centre midfielders without someone leaving, and if so then who?

Also where do youngsters like Stewart, Chirivela and Branagan fit in? Will the domestic cups be their 'thing'. I personally feel those three will be old/good/experienced enough to take on that mantle especially in the earlier rounds next season.

The trouble with the senior centre mids we've got (and the ones we'll be bringing in) is that none of them are pure DMs or DLPMs other than Lucas.

It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Oh and I'm very excited about Grujic, I've hardly seen him play but the little I've seen makes me feel the lad has a massive future ahead of him. I actually think he'll hit the ground running somewhat (no pressure lad).
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker."

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #266 on: May 9, 2016, 11:53:04 pm »

Not sure why people think Gruijic will be a first eleven player next season.
He's just turned 20 and has been playing in a massively inferior league - the chances he's good enough right now are pretty slim.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: May 10, 2016, 01:59:40 am »
Not sure why people think Gruijic will be a first eleven player next season.
He's just turned 20 and has been playing in a massively inferior league - the chances he's good enough right now are pretty slim.
Fair enough. But we also know that if he is good enough and adapts quickly, Klopp will have no qualms to make him a regular. He certainly have the physical attributes. He is no Igor Biscan by the look of it 
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: May 10, 2016, 02:29:24 am »
So as it stands, we'll have Grujic, Henderson, Allen, Milner, Can, Stewart and Lucas competing for the CM spots next season. And that's without the potential addition/s of Zielinski/Dahoud, or another.

When you consider that we typically only play with two CMs then surely something has to give? I reckon we could be in for a few surprises this summer.

Personally, I'd move Lucas and through gritted teeth, one of Allen and Henderson on.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: May 10, 2016, 03:55:36 am »
So as it stands, we'll have Grujic, Henderson, Allen, Milner, Can, Stewart and Lucas competing for the CM spots next season. And that's without the potential addition/s of Zielinski/Dahoud, or another.

When you consider that we typically only play with two CMs then surely something has to give? I reckon we could be in for a few surprises this summer.

Personally, I'd move Lucas and through gritted teeth, one of Allen and Henderson on.
Allen is definitely getting moved on.The fact that he wasn't picked even when Henderson was injured and is behind Milner is enough clue

Milner will mostly play as RW one would think .Which would leave us with

Henderson
Zielinke/Dahoud (or whoever we sign)
Grujic for CM

Can / Lucas / Stewert for DM

Not really too many options if we consider the amount of games we have to play and our pressing style

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #270 on: May 10, 2016, 05:39:51 am »
Allen is definitely getting moved on.The fact that he wasn't picked even when Henderson was injured and is behind Milner is enough clue

Henderson
Grujic for CM

Not really too many options if we consider the amount of games we have to play and our pressing style

This is what I suspect will happen.

I'm pretty certain Hendo, Can and Stewart aren't going anywhere. As for the rest, I think Allen would be the most logical option to move on if we signed Zielinski/Dahoud. They both sound like they have similar skill sets to Allen, and both are younger with apparently better contributions to playmaking/goal scoring.

There's also the possibility that we want to keep Allen, but he doesn't want to stay, which may be why we're linked with Zielinski/Dahoud.

Offline Jinxsy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Ich bin ein Berliever
« Reply #271 on: May 10, 2016, 09:09:31 am »
He's 20 yrs old.
He's a massive physical presence in a massively inferior league.
He's got raw attribute & potential.
We got him on a free.
If he fulfills his potential then he's got every chance of muscling into the first team. If not then it was still worth the investment as he'll have a resale value.

There should be no expectation or pressure on the lad from us. Let him & Jürgen do that.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: May 10, 2016, 09:10:31 am »
He's 20 yrs old.
He's a massive physical presence in a massively inferior league.
He's got raw attribute & potential.
We got him on a free.
If he fulfills his potential then he's got every chance of muscling into the first team. If not then it was still worth the investment as he'll have a resale value.

There should be no expectation or pressure on the lad from us. Let him & Jürgen do that.

We signed him for 5m plus addons. Not on a free. Matip was on a free.

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Jinxsy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Ich bin ein Berliever
« Reply #273 on: May 10, 2016, 09:14:13 am »
My bad. Point still stands though. It's enough of a challenge for him to move to a new country, new squad, new culture and new way of life / pace of footy without half the ground getting fucked off when he doesn't manage to meet unrealistic expectations.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: May 10, 2016, 09:17:43 am »
My bad. Point still stands though. It's enough of a challenge for him to move to a new country, new squad, new culture and new way of life / pace of footy without half the ground getting fucked off when he doesn't manage to meet unrealistic expectations.

No quarrel there. I think he's a talent, and I would be interested to see what sort of a player he actually is.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: May 10, 2016, 10:25:48 am »

Henderson
Grujic for CM

That's possibly 5 or 6 players for two positionscand doesn't include any potential youth players. I'd say that's fine in terms of numbers.

Offline CoventryYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #276 on: May 10, 2016, 10:49:37 am »
Depending on the situation with the work permit we have Allan coming into the fold to, Klopp spoke very highly about him and I wouldn't be surprised to see him featuring at all.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #277 on: May 10, 2016, 11:58:32 am »
We have spent 6m pounds on a 20-year old kid from an obscure league who had only 6 months of first team football under his belt. That speaks volumes. At the time we bought him he didn`t play one game for his national team and didn`t play one minute of European football.

It showcases how highly we rate him and we`re not the only one as his price was inflated due to the interest of other big European clubs. Usually players from this European region go for these kind of prices once they had a few good European campaigns and a few caps and goals for their countries.

We wouldn`t be making such an outlay so early if we didn`t have really, really high hopes for him. The key is now to give him good 6 months to adjust to Klopp football and see what happens.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: May 10, 2016, 12:03:09 pm »
Depending on the situation with the work permit we have Allan coming into the fold to, Klopp spoke very highly about him and I wouldn't be surprised to see him featuring at all.

i'd say there's next to no chance of allan getting a work permit at any point next season

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: May 10, 2016, 12:17:06 pm »
We have spent 6m pounds on a 20-year old kid from an obscure league who had only 6 months of first team football under his belt. That speaks volumes. At the time we bought him he didn`t play one game for his national team and didn`t play one minute of European football.

It showcases how highly we rate him and we`re not the only one as his price was inflated due to the interest of other big European clubs. Usually players from this European region go for these kind of prices once they had a few good European campaigns and a few caps and goals for their countries.

We wouldn`t be making such an outlay so early if we didn`t have really, really high hopes for him. The key is now to give him good 6 months to adjust to Klopp football and see what happens.

Good luck with that...Firmino was considered a bust 6 months in by many many many here as well as the esteemed journalists.  And Can - jeez - last year and this - week to week it was a roller coaster ride.