Author Topic: The Pyramids  (Read 75019 times)

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Pyramids
« Reply #680 on: February 1, 2018, 05:29:16 pm »
A science site or a 'science' site?

Live Science. It was established in 2004.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #681 on: February 1, 2018, 05:47:44 pm »
I was wrong. It wasn't the 'lop-sided' pyramid but the bent pyramid of Sneferu.

Make of that what you will.

Hey Howard

I've done some research on this. It's amazing, that it's mainly bent because a lot of wind caused the construction work to come to a halt.The
 main theory is, it was done bentley to stop the pyramid colapsifng. The builders realised later on through the project, hence why the next pyramid, The Red Pyramid was buily at a shalowwer angle of 43 degrees, as they had learnt from the mistake.
 Some also say it was done by design, for religious purposes. Obviously if Reptilians built it, then that's not true, as they don't have a religion. Regardless of Bush being Christian.

But what I find interesting, that there is a theory that some of the Sneferu chambers may remain undiscovered, and are still secret. Some archaeoligsts believe some of the rooms and passageways remain undiscovered. I hope we do find these answers some day.

Before anyone asks, my source is Touregypt.net.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #682 on: February 1, 2018, 06:12:49 pm »
Live Science. It was established in 2004.

Ah ok... a 'science' site. It's ok and at least it passes the autism test with stories debunking the Wakefield study and everything that followed. But it's clickbait and mixes some decent science reporting with sensational nonsense and 'click-through' articles like '10 celebrities with chronic illnesses' https://www.livescience.com/36251-celebrity-health-illness-diseases.html.

This one of the articles I found on the site: https://www.livescience.com/32616-how-were-the-egyptian-pyramids-built-.html

Nothing about lizards living underground.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: February 1, 2018, 06:15:31 pm »
Ah ok... a 'science' site. It's ok and at least it passes the autism test with stories debunking the Wakefield study and everything that followed. But it's clickbait and mixes some decent science reporting with sensational nonsense and 'click-through' articles like '10 celebrities with chronic illnesses' https://www.livescience.com/36251-celebrity-health-illness-diseases.html.

This one of the articles I found on the site: https://www.livescience.com/32616-how-were-the-egyptian-pyramids-built-.html

Nothing about lizards living underground.
The Lizards are from Chris Jericho, and the stuff quoted in the post is from live science. That's why I said 'the info above'.

I posted about the Bush administration and lizards last Friday from the podcast.

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #684 on: February 1, 2018, 09:32:46 pm »
I reckon Carillon were involved and under their payment terms the builders left it half done.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: February 1, 2018, 09:53:05 pm »
Pisstaking and David Icke referencing aside, what do y'all think? (The anywhichwayyoucan Primitive Tools stuff was bad enough)

Do you believe the Reptilian/George Bush ancestors theory, in regards to who built them? 

And if so why not?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #686 on: February 1, 2018, 10:19:08 pm »
Pisstaking and David Icke referencing aside, what do y'all think? (The anywhichwayyoucan Primitive Tools stuff was bad enough)

Do you believe the Reptilian/George Bush ancestors theory, in regards to who built them? 

And if so why not?

That doesn't make sense  :P
Reptilian overlords didn't build the pyramids; It was humans.

If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #687 on: February 1, 2018, 10:23:09 pm »
That doesn't make sense  :P
Reptilian overlords didn't build the pyramids; It was humans.

It wasn't humans. It was a spaceship driven by that fellah in Stargate who was also the bloke in the Crying Game who the old ladies on Craggy Island thought was a girl, until he got his lad out at the end of the fillum.

Makes more sense than lizards.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #688 on: February 1, 2018, 10:28:24 pm »
Your username is interesting. Swap the Z for a S. But the first major Pyramid was called The Pyramid of Djoser.

Is there something your not telling us? :D

Not that I'm saying your reptilian ;)
Yes mate, it is I, Djoser, immortal Egyptian godking and occasional reptile, destroyer of worlds and inventor of the world's first mastabatory pyramid.

Not the bent pyramid though, I had nowt to do with that. I'm not a fucking pervert.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: February 1, 2018, 10:34:22 pm »
Yes mate, it is I, Djoser, immortal Egyptian godking and occasional reptile, destroyer of worlds and inventor of the world's first mastabatory pyramid.

Not the bent pyramid though, I had nowt to do with that. I'm not a fucking pervert.

Djoser, do you know Imhotep by any chance?

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: February 1, 2018, 10:42:09 pm »
Djoser, do you know Imhotep by any chance?
Good bloke, Immy. Helped me out with the pyramid. Cheeky bugger tried to make out like it was all his idea to put loads of incrementally smaller square structures one atop the other, but it was mine actually and don't let anyone tell you any different, or I'll have to smite them and it's ever so much effort, even if I shift into reptile form.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #691 on: February 1, 2018, 11:10:48 pm »

:lmao
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: February 1, 2018, 11:50:47 pm »
It wasn't humans. It was a spaceship driven by that fellah in Stargate who was also the bloke in the Crying Game who the old ladies on Craggy Island thought was a girl, until he got his lad out at the end of the fillum.

Makes more sense than lizards.

Please tell me your saying he took his son to space. Please, Please, Please.

Shades of the debate from the early days of this thread, about what the man who discovered milk comes from cows was doing with the cows uddders. They really did get their lads out. Unless you really mean his son. Please do, Please do.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2018, 11:53:07 pm by Andy Hunter »

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #693 on: February 2, 2018, 09:53:30 am »

:lmao :lmao

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #694 on: February 2, 2018, 10:13:07 am »

And if so why not?

That's like asking: Do you believe Noah built the ark? And if so why not?

The question is so preposterous that it doesn't even deserve an answer, let alone an explanation
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: February 2, 2018, 01:34:58 pm »
Pisstaking aside..... ..

.....Do you believe the Reptilian/George Bush ancestors theory, in regards to who built them? 

:-X
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #696 on: February 2, 2018, 05:44:21 pm »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-42916261

I am wanting to know about the Reptile/Lizard men from Central America. Are they related to the ones in Egypt, are the mortal enemies? Which have been around longer?

If they have been around the same time and knew of one another then why did the Colombian Exchange not happen until Europeans visited the "New World?"
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #697 on: February 2, 2018, 06:09:42 pm »
It is more credible than the Nunes memo.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: February 2, 2018, 06:24:03 pm »
It is more credible than the Nunes memo.

Touche.  ;D

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #699 on: February 3, 2018, 08:27:59 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-42916261

Anyone doubting that these civilizations didn't have the people power to build huge structures such as the pyramids, archaeologists are estimating that this Mayan city had a population of 10-15 million people.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #700 on: February 3, 2018, 10:38:20 am »

Anyone doubting that these civilizations didn't have the people power to build huge structures such as the pyramids, archaeologists are estimating that this Mayan city had a population of 10-15 million people.
That's amazing! Thanks for the link  :)

Most of England and Wales have been covered by lidar HERE.  :wave

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: February 3, 2018, 05:00:02 pm »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42931533

Archaeologists in Egypt have unveiled the newly discovered tomb of an ancient priestess that dates back 4,400 years.

The tomb found near Cairo is adorned with well-preserved and rare wall paintings depicting the priestess, Hetpet, in a variety of scenes.

Hetpet was a priestess to the goddess of fertility Hathor, who assisted women in childbirth.

It was found during excavations near the Great Pyramid of Giza, Egypt's antiquities ministry says.

This site, in Giza's western cemetery, housed officials from the Old Kingdom's Fifth Dynasty, some of which have already been dug up since 1842.

"We know of course that she was a high official and that she had a strong link with the royal palace," Egyptian Antiquities Minister Khaled al-Anani said, describing Hetpet on Saturday.
The tomb "has the architectural style and the decorative elements of the Fifth Dynasty, with an entrance leading to an 'L' shaped shrine," the ministry said.

The wall paintings inside were in "a very good conservation condition depicting Hetpet standing in different hunting and fishing scenes or... receiving offerings from her children".
Scenes of music and dancing performances, as well as monkeys featured as domestic animals were also depicted.

One wall painting shows a monkey dancing in front of an orchestra.

"Such scenes are rare... and have only been found previously in the (Old Kingdom) tomb of 'Ka-Iber' where a painting shows a monkey dancing in front of a guitarist not an orchestra," Mostafa Waziri of the Supreme Council of Antiquities, told AFP news agency.

Minister Anani said he was hopeful of further discoveries at the site, which is located about 20km (12 miles) south of Cairo.

"We're going to continue digging in this area and I believe that very soon we're going to discover something."

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: February 4, 2018, 02:50:29 am »

That's awesome, and it really hits home how little we actually know about these early civilizations, and are only just beginning to scratch the surface, in many respects. Some of the modern remote sensing technology being developed these days is truly mindblowing. I think the 10-15 million people population estimate was referring to the Mayan civilization as a whole as opposed to a single city mate, but this in no way invalidates your main point that these ancient cultures would have been able to mobilise huge workforces for monument-building, if they needed to.

With regards to Egypt, I think there was a similar survey (though using slightly different technology) conducted in Egypt a few years back, with similarly amazing and unexpected results. Here's an article on part of it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-13522957

Some pretty cool shit, right? Seems like there's still loads of completely unknown sites out there still, just waiting to be found. I was (and partially still am) a commercial archaeologist in Britain for several years - the "commercial" part of the job description comes from the fact we tend to work in advance of large scale commercial construction developments as opposed to finding treasure and selling it (we very rarely find gold and jewels and stuff, the metal detectorists usually find all of those  :() - and am always amazed at how many sites we find. Nothing on the scale of these Mayan or Egyptian structures and civilizations of course, mostly just silted up ditches and postholes that related to past land use and small scale settlements, but there's so much stuff right under our feet that we'd never know about unless someone decides to build a new shopping centre or widen a road. Shite pay, and often a shite job, but occasionally we find some pretty interesting stuff.

I've never worked on anything remotely as interesting as the Egyptian or Mayan pyramids (though "interesting" is a relative term) so am not going to give yous any exciting personal info on sites I've worked as they've all been incredibly mundane by comparison, but I think probably the most fascinating excavation currently underway in this country is the Ness of Brodgar site in Orkney.

A huge temple complex (probably - establishing function definitively is always pretty difficult in prehistory, if not impossible, and who really knows, it could have been where the reptiles hung out when they weren't off building pyramids and whatever) dating from about 5000 years ago, completely unknown about until 2002 when a geophysical survey was conducted in the area, as all the structures had partially collapsed and been subsequently been ploughed over, from millennia of subsequent agricultural use. Worth a look if you're interested in that kind of stuff, although many of you may already be fully aware of it.

http://www.nessofbrodgar.co.uk/about/

« Last Edit: February 4, 2018, 02:57:06 am by Djozer »

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: February 4, 2018, 08:43:21 am »
That's awesome, and it really hits home how little we actually know about these early civilizations, and are only just beginning to scratch the surface, in many respects. Some of the modern remote sensing technology being developed these days is truly mindblowing. I think the 10-15 million people population estimate was referring to the Mayan civilization as a whole as opposed to a single city mate, but this in no way invalidates your main point that these ancient cultures would have been able to mobilise huge workforces for monument-building, if they needed to.

With regards to Egypt, I think there was a similar survey (though using slightly different technology) conducted in Egypt a few years back, with similarly amazing and unexpected results. Here's an article on part of it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-13522957

Some pretty cool shit, right? Seems like there's still loads of completely unknown sites out there still, just waiting to be found. I was (and partially still am) a commercial archaeologist in Britain for several years - the "commercial" part of the job description comes from the fact we tend to work in advance of large scale commercial construction developments as opposed to finding treasure and selling it (we very rarely find gold and jewels and stuff, the metal detectorists usually find all of those  :() - and am always amazed at how many sites we find. Nothing on the scale of these Mayan or Egyptian structures and civilizations of course, mostly just silted up ditches and postholes that related to past land use and small scale settlements, but there's so much stuff right under our feet that we'd never know about unless someone decides to build a new shopping centre or widen a road. Shite pay, and often a shite job, but occasionally we find some pretty interesting stuff.

I've never worked on anything remotely as interesting as the Egyptian or Mayan pyramids (though "interesting" is a relative term) so am not going to give yous any exciting personal info on sites I've worked as they've all been incredibly mundane by comparison, but I think probably the most fascinating excavation currently underway in this country is the Ness of Brodgar site in Orkney.

A huge temple complex (probably - establishing function definitively is always pretty difficult in prehistory, if not impossible, and who really knows, it could have been where the reptiles hung out when they weren't off building pyramids and whatever) dating from about 5000 years ago, completely unknown about until 2002 when a geophysical survey was conducted in the area, as all the structures had partially collapsed and been subsequently been ploughed over, from millennia of subsequent agricultural use. Worth a look if you're interested in that kind of stuff, although many of you may already be fully aware of it.

http://www.nessofbrodgar.co.uk/about/

Sounds like you've got a really cool job.

What blows my mind is that the Earth has been here for billions of years, the recent history we're talking about here is a few thousand years,  that's around 0.000005% of the total age of our wonderful planet. It's almost as mindblowing as space itself.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #704 on: February 4, 2018, 09:55:08 am »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-42916261

I am wanting to know about the Reptile/Lizard men from Central America. Are they related to the ones in Egypt, are the mortal enemies? Which have been around longer?

Exclusive leaked photo from a diplomatic meeting:

Spoiler
[close]
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: February 4, 2018, 11:51:41 am »
Exclusive leaked photo from a diplomatic meeting:

Spoiler
[close]

I'd put my money on the ones in the suits of armour.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #706 on: February 4, 2018, 11:58:44 am »
I'd put my money on the ones in the suits of armour.

I'm confused now. Was it these who built the pyramids

Or these?

Jurgen YNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: February 4, 2018, 01:34:10 pm »
I'm confused now. Was it these who built the pyramids

Or these?

Ms Lizard Woman was the architect and guiding spirit, the others were the priests who passed on the plans to the builders, who obviously were'nt Carillion.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: February 4, 2018, 02:28:07 pm »
Sounds like you've got a really cool job.

What blows my mind is that the Earth has been here for billions of years, the recent history we're talking about here is a few thousand years,  that's around 0.000005% of the total age of our wonderful planet. It's almost as mindblowing as space itself.
Cheers mate and yeah, it can be a cool job at times (though incredibly mundane and far less cool at others, as per any job - I reckon I'd make your eyes glaze over pretty quickly if I went into any great detail  :D) and I've been really very lucky, in some respects.

And yeah, it's pretty crazy when you look at it in absolute percentage terms of chronology. I'd never worked it out like that, but that's a tiny, tiny part of the earth's history really. Even in human terms, our species has been around for a couple of hundred thousand years or so (estimates vary, depending on new fossils being found, the debate about "what actually constitutes a species," the debate about "what it means to be human" and other stuff I don't really understand) but only in the last 10,000 years or so, and significantly less in some parts of the world, have we developed beyond a hunter-gatherer level of technology. We're an odd species in many ways, but a pretty incredible one too.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2018, 02:31:53 pm by Djozer »

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: February 5, 2018, 11:23:52 am »
That's like asking: Do you believe Noah built the ark? And if so why not?

The question is so preposterous that it doesn't even deserve an answer, let alone an explanation

Sorry had a busy weekend. 

Here's the thing, it does sound preposterous, yes. But here's the thing. Chris Jericho made a great point. It is so arrogant (not you) for people to just assume "nope, everything the media tells us is exactly that". People just believe A at face value, just because a man wearing a suit says it. When B is staring them point blank in the face. It's a hive mentality to believe that. To call people a "nut" etc. He goes onto say if he had proof and blueprints, he would go on live tv, and someone would say "nope your a nut, stupid wrestlers blah blah". And people would believe it. Because of the whole "Don't worry about it" syndrome, or the fact that people just don't want the cognitive dissonance of believing something new.

All i'm saying is, we don't have to believe George Bush's ancestors built the pyramids, but to allow people to discuss them. Like Jericho's guest talks about the reason we haven't visited the moon since, is because they went there after but we weren't told about it. Secret footage was released in 2012 that they found a 3 eyed woman called Mona Lisa. I'm not going to bother posting the evidence, as I do not believe it either. But people didn't just laugh it off, they discussed it and debated it.

Pyramids may very well have been built by reptilians, I don't believe it, but I haven't gone to their alleged HQ in the centre of the earth either.  We can't just dismiss stuff like that. In regards to Noah's Ark, the bible has been changed many times. And the real one belongs somewhere so you never know.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2018, 11:26:30 am by Andy Hunter »

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: February 5, 2018, 11:30:31 am »

Well that's a contradiction if I ever saw one  :lmao

What do you know about this?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/10/porno-at-pyramids_n_6822358.html

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: February 5, 2018, 11:37:42 am »
Andy it's not the media telling us, it's years of research and archeology by neutral academics, who have shown that pharoahs of Egyptian origin planned and built the pyramids.

Why not just accept that ancient, non European cultures were capable of doing things that we, at the time couldn't.

Maybe it wasn't reptilians that built them but it was one of the Egyptian hippopotamus headed gods because there is at least some evidence, stone statues etc. of the Egyptian's belief in them. No statues etc of the reptilians.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: February 5, 2018, 11:46:19 am »
Andy it's not the media telling us, it's years of research and archeology by neutral academics, who have shown that pharoahs of Egyptian origin planned and built the pyramids.

Why not just accept that ancient, non European cultures were capable of doing things that we, at the time couldn't.

Maybe it wasn't reptilians that built them but it was one of the Egyptian hippopotamus headed gods because there is at least some evidence, stone statues etc. of the Egyptian's belief in them. No statues etc of the reptilians.

Of course I accept it, my point is we shouldn't deny people the open forum online or in person to debate stuff. It's debating that got us the answer. Freedom speech etc.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: February 5, 2018, 12:08:32 pm »
Of course I accept it, my point is we shouldn't deny people the open forum online or in person to debate stuff. It's debating that got us the answer. Freedom speech etc.

I have no problem with people speaking out about reptiles, burning bushes, elephant headed gods but, let's be honest it is gibberish.

More than happy to discuss the ability of ancient cultures to build structures which we'd struggle to build today, but cranks (not you) who look for any means of denigrating that ability should be simply laughed at.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: February 5, 2018, 12:12:04 pm »
I have no problem with people speaking out about reptiles, burning bushes, elephant headed gods but, let's be honest it is gibberish.

More than happy to discuss the ability of ancient cultures to build structures which we'd struggle to build today, but cranks (not you) who look for any means of denigrating that ability should be simply laughed at.

That's perfectly fair Howard, I definitely agree and respect that.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: February 5, 2018, 05:16:29 pm »
Well that's a contradiction if I ever saw one  :lmao

What do you know about this?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/10/porno-at-pyramids_n_6822358.html
It weren't me guv, honest! No problem with the outside sex thing, I'm sure we've all been there, but I'm nowhere near brave/stupid enough to do it in a predominantly Islamic country. Mentalists.

Agree with both of you here. Everyone should be free to debate whatever they so choose (within reason), but we also should realise that these earlier cultures were capable of truly incredible things, with absolutely no need for alien or reptilian assistance. That's not to say that we can definitively rule out alien or reptilian involvement - though I think we pretty much can, but that's just my opinion - but, as far as I can tell, there is literally no credible evidence to suggest such a thing.

Sorry had a busy weekend. 

Here's the thing, it does sound preposterous, yes. But here's the thing. Chris Jericho made a great point. It is so arrogant (not you) for people to just assume "nope, everything the media tells us is exactly that". People just believe A at face value, just because a man wearing a suit says it. When B is staring them point blank in the face. It's a hive mentality to believe that. To call people a "nut" etc. He goes onto say if he had proof and blueprints, he would go on live tv, and someone would say "nope your a nut, stupid wrestlers blah blah". And people would believe it. Because of the whole "Don't worry about it" syndrome, or the fact that people just don't want the cognitive dissonance of believing something new.

Pyramids may very well have been built by reptilians, I don't believe it, but I haven't gone to their alleged HQ in the centre of the earth either.  We can't just dismiss stuff like that.
With regards to the bolded bit - yeah, but kinda no. I don't tend to believe something at face value "just because a man wearing a suit says it," I'll believe a statement (or place more credence in a theory) if I trust the source, and my level of trust in the source comes from not what they're wearing, but whether I consider them an expert in their field. I would far rather trust an Egyptologist who's spent many years studying Egyptian archaeology about Egyptian archaeology, as opposed to a wrestler who's read a couple of crank theories and finds them interesting and then done a quick bit of youtube research. Sure, Chris Jericho's allowed his opinion, but we're also allowed to interrogate that opinion for the tiny amount of time it takes to establish that he's talking out of his arse, and subsequently dismiss it.

I think there's a weird, and quite worrying, trend at the minute to disregard expertise in whatever subject - as Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove said: we've "had enough of experts." Why? Why do we, all of a sudden, think we know better than very intelligent people who have often devoted their lives to serious scientific research? Is it the ease with which we can gain access to all sorts of information on the internet, or have we just suddenly all made an evolutionary leap to some sort of higher level of human intelligence, whereby we're all now really clever and so don't need those boring blokes in universities anymore? That, to me, is arrogance, and I personally consider it more arrogant than assuming that many generally trustworthy sources have been lying to us all these years.

I'm also intrigued as to what "B is staring them in the face" that we simply refuse to acknowledge? I mean sure, there are gaps in our knowledge of past civilizations and cultures, but that doesn't necessarily mean people are lying about it or covering up alien lizard involvement, it just means that we don't know everything, and we possibly never will. I'm all for keeping an open mind but I think a lot of the time people (not you) just fill in evidence gaps (whether perceived or real) with crazy theories just because they like crazy theories - they're generally a lot more interesting than the often mundane reality.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: February 16, 2018, 07:05:32 pm »
Sorry, i've been very busy and finnally have time to dissect this post.  :)

The bit about the wrestler who has watched a few videos and articles, this time he had a guest on his show, another wrestler called Bo Dallas. Bo hardly wrestles, and has gone to conspiracy theory conventions, and spent hours on the road doing archaeological research.

I agree with your other point, people like to fill evidence gaps with stuff to escape as you say "mundane reality". But there are still stuff unexplained, like what was the man who discovered milk comes from cows doing fondling the cows udders? But this is more explainable than thinking George Bush's reptilian anscetors built the pyramids. Which btw, George Bush's family aren't the only people, I used to hear a lot of people speculate between 2012-2015 that Ian Ayre is a lizard/reptillian. You or I could just point at someone and say "He/she is a lizard" it doesn't mean anything, unless you have done the research.

My point is, it's better to talk about this and discuss them, than just be arrogant and ignore them. Look at us, we have talked about it, you and I have agreed it's not lizards. And yes there have been some comedy in this thread in the process, but it's better to be ridiculed for discussion, than the arrogance of accepting stuff and not bring it up at all.

I also agree with your point about not trusting university lecturers. My lecturer friend in Stamford Connecticut says students these days are
more fixated on "how can I get an A" rather than learning the course material and gaining an understanding of the subject. It's arrogant as they think they can do well at a job without having a broad understanding.

Bo Dallas actually had his theories published in a UK newspaper, as Fluoride being used as mind control to stop us belieiving lizards exist.

Heck one of his beliefs about the government controlling the weather has had people do campaigns that were reported by the BBC.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-42195511

My overarching point is

Yes! - There are evidence gaps

Yes! - People fill them with nonsense

And Yes - We should discuss them and realise they are BS, and then dismiss them. Instead of going on our high horse and assuming without discussion. And to everyone in this threads credit, we have done that to prove some conspiracies are fake. It's all about dialogue over arrogance.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 07:08:01 pm by Andy Hunter »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: February 17, 2018, 10:52:05 am »
I never thought Ian Ayre had any reptilian features, more of a marsupial slowly going about its business and just getting by.  :wave

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #718 on: February 17, 2018, 03:36:58 pm »
I never thought Ian Ayre had any reptilian features, more of a marsupial slowly going about its business and just getting by.  :wave

Aren't marsupials and reptiles the same thing?

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: February 17, 2018, 04:17:03 pm »