Author Topic: EL: Ata 0 vs 1 Liv (3-1) Mo 7’  (Read 17978 times)

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Re: EL: Ata 0 vs 1 Liv (3-1) Mo 7’
« Reply #440 on: April 18, 2024, 10:29:52 pm »
So many people on here talk complete shit after the game … wouldn’t take it seriously mate.
Incredible how bad these takes are.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #441 on: April 18, 2024, 10:29:56 pm »
Yeah but I’m saying that a goal after 7 minutes definitely set us up for a great win. Didn’t happen but in that moment I thought it would.

Oh yes, I agree - it set me up. But as the game went on, the more I felt they didn’t have it in them - whilst I believed, I’m not sure they did. The Salah chance got fluffed, there was a bit of intricate passing in a move that should have brought an effort on goal but we couldn’t get there. Whilst in my I head I was maybe thinking it was coming and the possession was good, the performance got worse as the game went on.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #442 on: April 18, 2024, 10:30:31 pm »
I can't agree with that. We scored the all important early goal. We were creating chances too. Poor finishing and poor decisions in the final third meant we failed to take advantage.

Second half we were dreadful. Clueless, aimless, slow, ponderous. Devoid of urgency and ideas. Playing tippy-tappy around our own box before an aimless punt forward. There's nothing spoilt in naming what you see in front of you.

It's just come up on the telly that Alisson made more passes (94) than any of our players tonight. That's ridiculous.

We were poor. I don't see why we can't name it then move on. Totally outplayed and out thought by an average Italian side, not once, but twice. Dressing it up doesn't really help anyone.

Gasperini settled them down at half time and we had no answer.

It was the same in the first leg though, constantly passing back to Kelleher.  At least we had a chances throughout in the first leg. Second half was a total non-event.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #443 on: April 18, 2024, 10:30:58 pm »
Well that was wank.

I'd say that the second half got so grim because we had to protect certain players ahead of the league game at the weekend. Trent went off and, given the style of the opponent, it felt like that was that. Got caught between giving it a go and after about 60 minutes it becoming clear we wouldn't get it done. After the subs we were hopelessly disjointed, Gakpo who was one of the couple who actually did alright popping up at left back summer up that half. It was awful. It felt like we gave up and I don't know whether that's a defence of that performance or a damning indictment of it, for the players and the coaching staff.

An era is coming to an end with an absolute whimper and it's gutting to see.

That very much looked like a changing of the guard game. Quite why players who are at he business end of the season and battling for 3 more titles can't take the initiative themselves is anyone's guess. But evidently they need babysitting every fucking inch of the way by a leader who has given them everything over the past 10 years. It's shameful really. The lack of on pitch leadership over the past month has been piss poor in every department.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline TheMan

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #444 on: April 18, 2024, 10:31:14 pm »
very disappointed with that...why?

1. A well-organised team of grafters has knocked us out comfortably over 2 legs

2 We lost the tactical battle by a distance

3. We have very few players that are able to dribble past a man, beat a man or take a man on....what I would give for the likes of moussa dembele who would just swerve past someone who was marking him tightly

4. We constantly received the ball facing our own goal, and failed to take a risk, just made passes facing our own goal constantly, Alisson has more touches in this match than 10 matches in the Premier League

5. Their goalkeeper, and the likes of him, are a stain on the game, and the rules on penalising keepers for holding onto the ball forever and falling onto the ground needs to change ASAP (not the trial system they have in place for next season in lower leagues, change it now)

6. Referee was a turd who let them away with countless tactical fouls and added on a scarcely believable 3 minutes, their keeper alone time-wasted for that long

7. Despite points 5 and 6 we were not winning that tie. The second half was so demoralising and we showed so little composure and class, the poor form continues and everyone was average or worse apart from maybe Gakpo and Trent

8. It is a very disappointing last European game for Klopp, he deserved better than that.

9. Six wins in a row would probably win the league but we looks least likely of the three contenders to achieve that. I am disheartened Klopp is not going to get another title. Having said all that, we have done way better than I thought we would this season - it's just a shame we got ourselves into a good position and then just collapsed

10. I am fed up of our forwards missing big chances in key games. The way Klopp teams play is high risk with lots of players thrown forward, this creates a lot of chances but our forwards do not take enough of them. I would be OK with selling Salah, Nunez and Diaz - all good players but give me Isak or Watkins over any of them. Ultimately this game is about scoring goals and while we score a lot of them, we should score even more considering how we play. We don't finish well enough, it needs to change.

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #445 on: April 18, 2024, 10:31:27 pm »
Vvd has literally asked for the fans for the remaining six games.

He has zero hope of any belief judging by the replies in here.
Brittle isn’t the word.

I’d say it’s doubters to fair weather believers and back to doubters.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #446 on: April 18, 2024, 10:31:31 pm »
Klopp cares, but he did not do a good job of preparing the players for Atalantas tactics. The players looked confused for 180 minutes. Never seen anything like it

The ManU and CP games were different. We created lots of chances but missed far too many. Cant blame Klopp for that

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: April 18, 2024, 10:31:31 pm »
Incredible how bad these takes are.

Morrissey is shit, deal with it.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #448 on: April 18, 2024, 10:31:33 pm »
Tactically limited. Take too long to try something different. Hes been an absolute legend, but time for fresh ideas.
We look technically very poor, not able to cope with the press against decent sides, and you see what happens when we are off it physically.

Our system is a real house of cards, 1 or 2 are off it and we hit the skids, and the slump lasts multiple  games.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: April 18, 2024, 10:31:44 pm »
We're no more directionless than Arsenal. We should be looking to win all 6 still.

C'mon...what?

Arsenal have just lost a tight 2 leg tie against Bayern. We've just been bummed by the 6th best team in Serie A.

Arsenal have been on a ridiculously good run. They've earned the right to think Villa was a blip.

We are not in the same state as Arsenal right now. At the moment we'll be lucky to keep 3rd.

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #450 on: April 18, 2024, 10:32:10 pm »
We are playing like a mid table team reaching 40 points. The manager is leaving and instead of been inspired they are booking holidays.
Well played Atalanta hope they go on and win in Dublin. The way they have played in these two games you would think they'll walk it.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: April 18, 2024, 10:32:10 pm »
I guess a clean sheet is something to smile about.

I wouldn’t even read to much into that. Atlanta had a big lead to protect, whilst they weren’t low block, they had no reason to go all out either

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: April 18, 2024, 10:32:36 pm »
C'mon...what?

Arsenal have just lost a tight 2 leg tie against Bayern. We've just been bummed by the 6th best team in Serie A.

Arsenal have been on a ridiculously good run. They've earned the right to think Villa was a blip.

We are not in the same state as Arsenal right now. At the moment we'll be lucky to keep 3rd.

We shall see.

Offline TheCunningScorpion

• Main Stander
« Reply #453 on: April 18, 2024, 10:32:53 pm »
Tonight we failed in the most boring way possible.

Online Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #454 on: April 18, 2024, 10:33:37 pm »

Unacceptable

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: April 18, 2024, 10:33:50 pm »

He won't get it, the fans don't believe

I don't know what happened but the fanbase has gone to fuck the last 18 months

Having Klopps send off talking about him as if he is a tactical dinosaur and it's right for him to go, the team is shit, and a belief we may not win another game this year

Fucking class fans

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: April 18, 2024, 10:34:17 pm »
Wtf was with Ali holding on to the ball? Same with Kelleher last week

I was sat behind Kelleher last week and there was absolutely zero movement in front of him. Guess it was the same tonight

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #457 on: April 18, 2024, 10:34:42 pm »
Little moments change games. Mo scores and we go in at half time 2-0 up. 2nd half would have been completely different. Players would have believed it was on and Atalanta would have been nervy.

But It was a poor attempt and whilst he is to blame in this game all the forwards have been shite over the last few matches. In Europe you need to take your chances and we didn't do that.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #458 on: April 18, 2024, 10:36:07 pm »
Reading some of these posts just shows up some Liverpool supporters as spoilt know-nothings to be honest.

We simply couldn’t beat their press in our half in the 2nd half. Taking those risks meant potentially losing the tie at the drop of a hat. Atalanta played the game perfectly, that’s how you defend a 3-0 lead.

I thought it was a good away performance at an impossible task.

We fucked up at home, not today. Good away win today.

You’d be right if that was the first leg. It wasn’t. We knew the task at hand and we are more than capable of achieving it however the team on and off didn’t take on that responsibility. They played well but we let them play well. Where’s the fight, the leaders on the pitch, the sorting it out on the fly, the tenacity, bite, killer instinct? We showed none of the characteristics a klopp team has shown since he’s been here. That goalie had the easiest game of his career. We simply didn’t perform.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: April 18, 2024, 10:36:17 pm »

Can we ask for the players to move the ball quicker and take shots on goal for the remaining six games or is that not allowed?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #460 on: April 18, 2024, 10:36:43 pm »

Yep.  If in doubt, give up.
It does feel like the bed of something though.

And that’s not surprising  really, because it is.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: April 18, 2024, 10:37:18 pm »
0.04 xG in the second half, lol.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #462 on: April 18, 2024, 10:37:20 pm »

We were away from home tonight and in the next 3 games. It's on the players to keep us in a title race for the Spurs/Wolves games to matter.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #463 on: April 18, 2024, 10:37:25 pm »
Such a weird tactical approach from us … okay caught us by surprise in the first leg but how did we rock up here basically set up the same way ?
Over 180 minutes we kept trying to build through a lone 6 which they made impossible so our 8s were totally redundant and our centre backs had no options
I just don’t get how you play that entire game and even make subs that don’t change the shape - we threw on forwards with no way to get it to them

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: April 18, 2024, 10:37:36 pm »
Yep.  If in doubt, give up.

And that’s not surprising  really, because it is.

Is it covered it shit and piss?

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #465 on: April 18, 2024, 10:39:14 pm »

the bed of what? Spent the day in bed?
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: April 18, 2024, 10:39:16 pm »
Alisson made the most passes by a goalkeeper in Europa league or Champions League history with 94.

Sums up the performance

Wow.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: April 18, 2024, 10:39:20 pm »
I think we should have had more players in and around Mac Allister and used Gakpo or Salah as the false 9 and pushed our full backs really high. Create the triangles deeper, draw them out but make the pitch as wide as possible making their centre backs have to come out and go wide.

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #468 on: April 18, 2024, 10:39:20 pm »

Morrisey is A shit. Smith's are great

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: April 18, 2024, 10:39:25 pm »
Klopp: “I liked the game a lot. The commitment, the power the boys showed was incredible.”

lol

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #470 on: April 18, 2024, 10:39:28 pm »
Pre January he was magic but it's pretty clear he has fallen off a cliff since. That just doesn't seem to have any bearing on team selection currently.

Probably because none of the other forwards except Diaz is doing enough.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: April 18, 2024, 10:40:11 pm »
He won't get it, the fans don't believe

I don't know what happened but the fanbase has gone to fuck the last 18 months

Having Klopps send off talking about him as if he is a tactical dinosaur and it's right for him to go, the team is shit, and a belief we may not win another game this year

Fucking class fans

Go and watch the second half of extra time against Chelsea in the League Cup Final.

The fans were immense.

I think you're getting carried away with over-reactions on a fan forum after a few bad results.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #472 on: April 18, 2024, 10:40:53 pm »
Brittle isn’t the word.

I’d say it’s doubters to fair weather believers and back to doubters.
If somebody had told me during the summer we would be in a three way race for the title and likely back in the CL I would have taken their hand off. Some people are nuts.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #473 on: April 18, 2024, 10:41:33 pm »
far too predictable the last few games

we need new forward line in the summer

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #474 on: April 18, 2024, 10:41:50 pm »
Klopp: “I liked the game a lot. The commitment, the power the boys showed was incredible.”

lol

It was incredible indeed, incredibly shite.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: April 18, 2024, 10:42:24 pm »
Go and watch the second half of extra time against Chelsea in the League Cup Final.

The fans were immense.

I think you're getting carried away with over-reactions on a fan forum after a few bad results.

I was there, the fans were great.

I was at Anfield the last few weeks too and the belief is gone replaced by sniping of our own players, into a lot of anger and toxicity at the Palace game.

The belief is not there right now, when the going gets tough the fans are leaving and criticizing

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: April 18, 2024, 10:42:32 pm »

lol

He was talking about Atalanta. Clearly.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #477 on: April 18, 2024, 10:43:07 pm »
If somebody had told me during the summer we would be in a three way race for the title and likely back in the CL I would have taken their hand off. Some people are nuts.

Indeed. Top 4 and a return to the CL would have been acceptable. Instead we are still in with a shout for the title with 6 games to go.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: April 18, 2024, 10:43:38 pm »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #479 on: April 18, 2024, 10:44:20 pm »
Alisson made the most passes by a goalkeeper in Europa league or Champions League history with 94.

Sums up the performance
Watching the game I said to my brother that I could swear Alisson had more possession with the ball at his feet than any of our players. A couple of times he was playing higher than our last defender. It was bizarre viewing.

The whole second half was a tough watch.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.