Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1764967 times)

Offline Ale-lujah! Ale-lujah!

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Sadio Mané !!
« Reply #440 on: July 9, 2016, 11:29:14 am »
His willingness to run in behind the defence is going to cause a lot of problems for teams.  I knew he was fast but there was a few times last night that i thought he wasn't going to get to the ball but he got there with ease. He is deceptively quick over the first 10/15 yards. 

Just posted the same sort of thing in the Tranmere thread. The sort of players we've had in the past with the ability to inflict that sort of damage on the opposition are some of our finest ever - Keegan, Rushie and Suarez. Defenders despise players like that. They just struggle to cope with them. I'm delighted we've now got another. With players like that there's always the possibility of something happening even in a tight game that can suddenly change the entire complexion of a game. That chase with the goalie for the through ball from Lovren [lovely outside foot pass btw]. Mane never had a cat in hell's chance of getting to it first. The fact he actually did had me leaping out of my seat. Not in the context of this particular game but the thought that we'll be seeing him do the same sort of thing over the next five years or so in games that matter.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #441 on: July 9, 2016, 11:33:02 am »
We finally look to have that pacy out ball that can link up & also be a goal threat,can't wait for the season to start seeing this fella in a red shirt.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Coat Of Arms

• Main Stander
  • Some men just want to watch the Woodburn
« Reply #442 on: July 9, 2016, 12:38:10 pm »
Can't really take anything from a pre season friendly, though it's obvious that he's rapid.

If he can replace the threat that Sterling provided with his pace, whilst not having the shot power of an 8 year old, then I'll be happy.

Offline Ticino

• Boys Pen
« Reply #443 on: July 9, 2016, 12:41:50 pm »
Mane and Markovic can cause some big problems is they both click.

Offline KennyJR

• Kemlynite
« Reply #444 on: July 9, 2016, 05:20:41 pm »
Mane and Markovic can cause some big problems is they both click.

Markovic should not even be a liverpool player ffs. Mane however is rapid. I genuinely think he might be the current best player at the club. It's debatable but after watching how he tore big teams apart at Southampton I personally believe he will be more of an asset than sturridge.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #445 on: July 9, 2016, 05:22:30 pm »
Markovic should not even be a liverpool player ffs. Mane however is rapid. I genuinely think he might be the current best player at the club. It's debatable but after watching how he tore big teams apart at Southampton I personally believe he will be more of an asset than sturridge.
:o

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: July 9, 2016, 05:28:37 pm »

Jesus, you don't do things by halfs. Two huge claims.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #447 on: July 9, 2016, 05:31:06 pm »
He's worth like 151,111 Main Stand seats
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #448 on: July 9, 2016, 05:58:12 pm »
Thought he did well. Looked a threat and linked nicely with Firmino.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #449 on: July 9, 2016, 06:01:03 pm »
He's worth like 151,111 Main Stand seats

ha ha

;D

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #450 on: July 9, 2016, 06:02:57 pm »
Just posted the same sort of thing in the Tranmere thread. The sort of players we've had in the past with the ability to inflict that sort of damage on the opposition are some of our finest ever - Keegan, Rushie and Suarez. Defenders despise players like that. They just struggle to cope with them. I'm delighted we've now got another. With players like that there's always the possibility of something happening even in a tight game that can suddenly change the entire complexion of a game. That chase with the goalie for the through ball from Lovren [lovely outside foot pass btw]. Mane never had a cat in hell's chance of getting to it first. The fact he actually did had me leaping out of my seat. Not in the context of this particular game but the thought that we'll be seeing him do the same sort of thing over the next five years or so in games that matter.

Bleedinell Ale lad. You not only have exquisite taste in music  - RoseAnn Fino - but you footy insight is spot on too!!

:)

Offline KennyJR

• Kemlynite
« Reply #451 on: July 9, 2016, 07:18:01 pm »
Jesus, you don't do things by halfs. Two huge claims.

Who in the squad had better statistics than him last season?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #452 on: July 9, 2016, 07:23:55 pm »

That desire was the one thing that really stood out last night, very Suarezesque. Could you imagine if his resulting shot had gone in!

Offline Marty McFly

• He is not a number, he's a free man now
  • Legacy Fan
  • Has been busy in parallel dimensions and shit.
« Reply #453 on: July 10, 2016, 03:15:41 am »

That's pretty harsh on Markovic, seeing as he's a 20 year old winger / attacking midfielder, who was given one season as a wing-back. Personally hope he stays as back up this year. Deserves at least a year and would've got games last year that is certain.

Offline Marty McFly

• He is not a number, he's a free man now
  • Legacy Fan
  • Has been busy in parallel dimensions and shit.
« Reply #454 on: July 10, 2016, 03:21:26 am »
Back on topic, Mané looked electric in the highlights

Acceleration, speed, tenacity, turns and passing all looked impressive

I'll watch the whole game ASAP

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #455 on: July 10, 2016, 05:56:39 am »
He's going to make us a huge threat on the counter attack, and Leicester showed last season that is hugely important. Having him and Origi playing away from home will be nice to watch.

I remember he broke God's record for fastest hat-trick too, not bad to have on the CV.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline FrancisB

• Main Stander
« Reply #456 on: July 10, 2016, 10:19:26 am »
Back on topic, Mané looked electric in the highlights

Well, he didn't shock me, if you know what I mean...

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: July 10, 2016, 10:24:04 am »
Markovic should not even be a liverpool player ffs. Mane however is rapid. I genuinely think he might be the current best player at the club.
Nonsense on Markovic. Coutinho is the best player at the club.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #458 on: July 10, 2016, 10:34:29 am »

I think the best player at the club is Sturridge. Opinions, eh?

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: July 10, 2016, 10:40:54 am »

Both are great shouts. Saying Mane is the best player at the club is premature at this moment, wait for him to start delivering in a red shirt and then we can see.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: July 10, 2016, 12:26:13 pm »
Over last twelve months? Almost as odd as saying a player who hasn't kicked a ball for us in a competitive game is our best player already.

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #461 on: July 10, 2016, 12:47:14 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcXMhwF4EtQ

Its all about the mane,
its all about the dum dum duh dee dum dum.
the fuckers fucking scary
hes going blow you fucking away
Its all about the mane,
its all about the dum dum duh dee dum dum.

Read more: Meja - All About The Money Lyrics | MetroLyrics
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #462 on: July 10, 2016, 02:00:22 pm »
What Mane will give us is some much needed pace. We have somehow become a very slow team and it is so important in football to have outlets, particularly when the game is stretched. I am a believer that pace can be a very overrated characteristic but you do need some of it. A little burst can get you away from players or in defences - the likes of Lallana, Coutinho and Firmino don't really have this. Of course, pace must be backed up by technique. There have been plenty of headless chickens with pace down the years. Thankfully Mane seems to have ability as well. The fee was insane but that is how inflated the market has become. I'm confident Klopp will get the best out of Mane.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: July 10, 2016, 04:10:05 pm »
Blistering pace this lad has. Excited to see him and Origi running at teams next season.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #464 on: July 10, 2016, 05:06:58 pm »
Over last twelve months? Almost as odd as saying a player who hasn't kicked a ball for us in a competitive game is our best player already.

'Best player' not 'Player of the Season'. If I had a choice of which of the two players I would want fit for every game I know which of the two I would pick. That said, Klopp may reduce Sturridge to a bench role because he wants a striker to press from the front.

Offline KennyJR

• Kemlynite
« Reply #465 on: July 13, 2016, 10:45:15 am »

It's a cut between sturridge and mane but Coutinho is definitely not the best player in this team. I guess it's down to personal opinions but when we pull up statistics from last season mane edges Coutinho.

I also really don't see the quality in markovic just like Ibe. My personal opinion once again.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 10:47:01 am by KennyJR »

Offline KennyJR

• Kemlynite
« Reply #466 on: July 13, 2016, 10:48:59 am »
He's going to make us a huge threat on the counter attack, and Leicester showed last season that is hugely important. Having him and Origi playing away from home will be nice to watch.

I remember he broke God's record for fastest hat-trick too, not bad to have on the CV.

That will be the difference against the top 8 teams next year.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #467 on: July 13, 2016, 02:43:03 pm »
A little stab at a song for the lad..

All you fear is Sadio Manč (clap clap)
Repeat..

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/azdwsXLmrHE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/azdwsXLmrHE</a>
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 02:59:21 pm by Medellin »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #468 on: July 13, 2016, 04:20:18 pm »
That will be the difference against the top 8 teams next year.

That would be great, but you don't challenge for the title on your results against the top eight, you do it by being consistent against the smaller sides. Beat everyone in the bottom twelve, home and away, and you'll be on 72 points. That would get you in the top four even if you lost every single match v the top eight.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: July 13, 2016, 09:44:16 pm »
Just so good to see a player making constant runs behind the last defender. Ever since Sturridge's injury and Sterling's departure, we've really missed that.

Offline Gonza

• Main Stander
« Reply #470 on: July 14, 2016, 09:45:38 am »
Good to see Klopp trying out Mane on the left and Markovic on the right. Wonder if he will test Coutinho in the middle. The Brazilian could really excel in a central position to pull the strings with fast/intelligent  players running ahead of him such as Mane, Markovic and Origi/Sturridge.

I really like what I saw when Mane played more on the left in previous teams. I think he is better on that side.

Whether Markovic gets ahead of Milner/Lallana on the right will depend on how he settles back in and adjusts to the pressing & quick transition game. If Klopp keeps him which is likely as Ibe might go, then maybe further into the season he'll get that opportunity.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #471 on: July 15, 2016, 03:22:19 pm »
Genuine question; who was the last player we had with such a direct playing style other than Suarez?

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: July 16, 2016, 12:41:31 am »
Genuine question; who was the last player we had with such a direct playing style other than Suarez?

Raheem during those few months when his head was on straight and brodge was playing him at the tip of the midfield diamond.

backup answer: christian poulsen
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: July 16, 2016, 12:49:33 am »
From watching him at Southampton and in pre-season I see him as a similar player to Sterling with more strength and better finishing.  Which shouldn't be a negative. Sterling at Liverpool certainly looked like one of the best players in his age group. If he can provide what Sterling did plus a few extra goals I will be happy.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: July 16, 2016, 01:07:55 am »

Raheem, Bellamy and Markovic are three that come to mind.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: July 16, 2016, 07:52:09 am »
Torres at his best ?

Offline AshLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #476 on: July 16, 2016, 12:45:14 pm »
Finally have some pace back in the side. Decent signing hopefully.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: July 16, 2016, 12:46:30 pm »
Markovic?

Offline Livo.85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: July 16, 2016, 03:53:37 pm »
Good to see Klopp trying out Mane on the left and Markovic on the right. Wonder if he will test Coutinho in the middle. The Brazilian could really excel in a central position to pull the strings with fast/intelligent  players running ahead of him such as Mane, Markovic and Origi/Sturridge.

I really like what I saw when Mane played more on the left in previous teams. I think he is better on that side.

Whether Markovic gets ahead of Milner/Lallana on the right will depend on how he settles back in and adjusts to the pressing & quick transition game. If Klopp keeps him which is likely as Ibe might go, then maybe further into the season he'll get that opportunity.
I agree. Against teams that park the bus at anfield I would like to see:

Origi

Mane                Coutinho               Sturridge

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: July 17, 2016, 01:32:56 am »
He's a bit quick isn't he?