Author Topic: Torres - The Reasons for Leaving - by Sid Lowe  (Read 336024 times)

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Torres - The Reasons for Leaving - by Sid Lowe
« Reply #600 on: February 5, 2011, 04:24:57 am »
We now know where he stands. Thank god we have King Kenny. Even Rafa said he'd like to manage Liverpool again.

Offline robbie96

• Legacy Fan
  • Cometh the hour, Cometh the man!
« Reply #601 on: February 5, 2011, 05:10:01 am »
From The Times: words by Tony Barrett :wave

Fernando Torres declares age of romance dead after another tricky divorce.

£50 million striker tells Oliver Kay that he is ready for a more ruthless approach to football life
Romance is dead. Fernando Torres said so yesterday. He had always imagined otherwise, flinging himself headlong into love affairs with Atlético Madrid and Liverpool, but he feels he knows better now.

There might seem something devilish in a fixture list that takes Liverpool to Stamford Bridge tomorrow in his first appearance for Chelsea — whether in the starting line-up or from the bench — since his British-record £50 million transfer on Monday. But the emotions are not what they would once have been for someone who, in his football career, has ultimately been left unfulfilled by two initially blissful marriages.

Torres will discover tomorrow that hell hath no fury like a Scouser scorned. But if he is the one who walked out — and he repeated his claim yesterday that Liverpool were already negotiating with Chelsea when he indicated a keenness to move — he did so in the belief that the love had died. He talked of eschewing any celebrations if he scores, out of “respect for their fans”, but otherwise he appeared a less innocent, more cynical, more ruthless footballer than the one who arrived on Merseyside in 2007 and claimed to have fallen in love.

Of all the statements Torres made at Chelsea’s training ground in Cobham, Surrey, yesterday, the two that resonated loudest were the one about romance and the one in which he said that he had “never kissed the Liverpool badge”. Cue suspicious looks among some of his audience. What, really? “No, never.”

Sports desk picture editors went into overdrive in an attempt to find evidence that Torres had kissed the Liverpool crest, but he never did — not literally, anyway. Even if he was responsible for the mythology that built up around him at Anfield, talking of his heartfelt identification with the club, the city and its people, Liverpool was never his true love.

“I didn’t even kiss the badge at Atlético,” he said. “And I loved Atlético. I see some players doing that when they join a club, but the romance in football has gone. It’s a different thing now. People come and leave. When you join a club, you want to do the best for yourself and that club. That is all.”
It is hard to imagine Torres saying such things in his first two love-struck seasons at Liverpool. In October 2009 he said he would never consider joining another English team. But that happened to be the same month that the cracks that had begun to appear at the Merseyside club widened dramatically as they went from contenders to also-rans in the Barclays Premier League and the Champions League, and the mood at Anfield darkened.

Sources close to Torres have cited “broken promises” that the former regime at Liverpool made last summer in an attempt to safeguard his short-term future while the club were in the process of being sold — ultimately to Fenway Sports Group in October — but he preferred to look back farther.
“It’s not just last summer, really,” Torres said. “It’s the last two years maybe, especially with the old owners [Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr]. Last summer, with the change of manager, the sale process was very serious. I wanted to start the new season with big expectations, but I soon realised expectations weren’t so high. It’s best to be honest about what you can achieve every season. People were talking about winning the Premier League or finishing in the top four, but we were in the relegation zone after a month.

“When the new owner, John Henry, came, the club started moving in the right direction. They have ambition and they know how to go back to the way they were. But in my opinion they need time for that. And maybe I’m at my best age to play football now. I wanted to try to help the team forward, to get back in the top four. They’re close now, sixth or seventh, and moving the right way. But when you have a chance of playing for a team in the Champions League, with a chance to win it, and are the right age to do that and compete with the best, you have to do that.”

It is the same explanation that Steven Gerrard would have given had he not abandoned the idea of leaving Liverpool for Chelsea in 2004 and again, after winning the Champions League, 12 months later. Torres, 26, said Gerrard had called him to wish him good luck — “maybe because he was in that situation before” — but tensions are nonetheless certain to run high on the pitch as well as in the stands tomorrow.

Torres was asked what kind of tackle he expects from Jamie Carragher, with whom relations were strained towards the end of his Anfield career. “I don’t know,” he said, laughing. “I’m expecting a hard game. I know he’s a big Liverpool fan. But I’m sure he understands my decision. I’m sure he wanted me to stay, but it was the same for me when [Xabi] Alonso and [Javier] Mascherano left. It was a big disappointment to me, but I understood they did the best for themselves, their families and their careers.”

When did he make the decision to leave? “As soon as I knew that Liverpool and Chelsea were talking,” he said. “I told them then that the decision was made and I would like them to talk seriously about the possibility.

“I was the first one to go to the manager and other people to tell them I would like to leave. I can’t tell you the date, but maybe 10 or 12 days before the close of the transfer window.”
Whatever the truth behind the timings, Torres must know that his bridges — as well as a Liverpool shirt bearing his name — have been burnt. Being sold against his wishes by Hicks and Gillett, with the club managed by Roy Hodgson, might have seen him martyred, albeit not if his destination was Chelsea. But actively encouraging his sale by the Henry regime, with Kenny Dalglish back in the Anfield dugout, is a different matter.

John Aldridge, the former Liverpool forward, called him a “fraud and a traitor”. “I don’t think ‘traitor’ is fair,” Torres said. “I don’t think it makes sense. They can say what they want. I played three very good seasons there, left massive money there, lots of goals, good performances. I helped the sale process, too. I’m happy with everything I did there.”

Could he have given more to the cause in the final months? “Too many people are talking about that,” he said. “I played there for 3½ years and I always gave my best. But when I had the chance to join Chelsea, I couldn’t say no. I have to think about my career. It’s a step forward, everyone agrees.”

Well, not everyone, as will be made loud and clear tomorrow. “I have only good words to say about Liverpool and the fans. Maybe it’s too soon to ask for a good reception,” Torres said. “I’m not expecting that.

But it would be a surprise for me if I get a very bad reception from the Liverpool fans.”
It is that kind of statement that will leave them wondering whether they ever knew Fernando José Torres Sanz at all. But that is modern football, where romance, he has concluded over the past joyless year or two, is dead.

Life after Liverpool: good and bad moves

Kevin Keegan Joined Hamburg for £500,000 on the back of Liverpool’s first European Cup win. Went on to win the Bundesliga and was named European Footballer of the Year in 1978 before returning to England for spells with Southampton and Newcastle United.

Graeme Souness Signed for Sampdoria in 1984 after winning the European Cup with Liverpool for a third time. Won the Italian Cup before enjoying great success as player-manager of Rangers.

Steve McManaman Left Liverpool on a Bosman free transfer in 1999 and joined Real Madrid, where he won La Liga and the Champions League twice apiece. Returned to England with Manchester City but won no further honours.

Robbie Fowler Sold to Leeds United by Gérard Houllier for what at the time was a club-record fee of £11 million in 2002, Fowler has had spells at several English clubs since but without winning any honours. The striker now plays for Perth Glory in Australia.

Michael Owen Left Liverpool at the start of a season that ended with them winning the Champions League in Istanbul. Spells with Real Madrid, Newcastle United and Manchester United have garnered winner’s medals for the England striker in only the Carling Cup and Community Shield.

Words by Tony Barrett

After everything has been said and done .... I think a movie classic line is most apt:

"It's not personal. It's business." :'(
« Last Edit: February 5, 2011, 05:12:27 am by robbie96 »
Iain Macintosh via Twitter:
Bosingwa almost starts a riot by getting subbed and trudging off the pitch like a old border collie making his final trip to the vet.

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #602 on: February 5, 2011, 05:19:26 am »
Has everyone forgotten how the Liverpool scarf was seen draped over Torres during Spain's world cup win celebrations?

Offline Arcadian

• Makes pissed even when sense!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Be the change you want to see in the world...
« Reply #603 on: February 5, 2011, 06:29:50 am »

All right, I feel the Torres schtick needs some levity so here fucking goes, the Stellas usually help me see sense, and I'll share the sense if I can.

Outcome A                        Outcome B

Outcome C

Unfortunately what we have here is the misguided theory that the truth must indeed lie in one of these brackets. Inevitably "good" journalism seeks to marry the potential extremes (outcome C) assuming that the truth lies somewhere in between, inside the grey areas of reality.

It works like this...
Torres is

A) a twat.                                B) a lovable Spanish lad.

C) well, neither really...

What the Stellas want me to tell you however, is that the real truth here (as in all multiple choice answers is in fact... D) all of the above....

Torres is
                  D) both a twat, and the lovable lad we held dear...and well, neither really.

We're complex creatures! Roughly speaking...

His love for Liverpool was passionate, genuine, and deeply heartfelt, and yet he's also a mercenary, and a fame seeker. But at the same time, just a guy, raising kids doing a job like the rest of us.

He left us mid season for the plastics on the last day of the window, and yet waited till we had potential targets lined up, a legend at the helm, and new owners, in short seeing us through what was literally our darkest hour. But at the same time he also was a victim of circumstance and had no choice about when he left, or other individuals timelines/decisions/priorities/motives.

His attitude was exemplary and yet his attitude was an utter disgrace, but mostly he was just you or I.

Unfortunately we as fans can't get to grips with the next one... Our love was what would keep him here, yet it wasn't enough to keep him here, but at the same time it was just enough to keep him here as long as it did.

I think It would benefit us to remind ourselves that we are every bit as complex. that we genuinely love him every time we slag him off, but at the same time don't really give a flying funk. Keep yer yin and yang in check so to speak.

Roll on Sunday,
C'mon you Redmen!

*                         *                           *                            *                         *

Offline h4ns3n

• Main Stander
  • Didn't watch 2nd half Istanbul - was shagging
    • Microsoft BI Consulting
« Reply #604 on: February 5, 2011, 06:40:11 am »
He will probably get a bad reception. I'm just done caring about that now. I want to see Suarez score and Liverpool own the midfield and our defenders show absolute class in shutting whoever the hell is attacking out.   
You can never lose a homing pigeon - if your homing pigeon doesn't come back, what you've lost is a pigeon.

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
  • We are all part of Liverpool-FC
« Reply #605 on: February 5, 2011, 07:53:10 am »
all this mumbo jumbo... in the end he left, shouldnt of said things about honoring contract blah blah, in the end he is just a player, like Kenny said, no one is bigger then the club...
lets move on, hope he does good or whatever, wont be cheering for him.
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
MICHELANGELO

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: February 5, 2011, 08:06:46 am »
Hes been uninterested for about 18 months, his book is a lie and so was his press conference yesterday, he didnt do his best atall he was part of the reason we where in the relegation zone if he would have been arsed we would have won some games instead of looking like total twats under Roy.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2011, 08:08:56 am by Liverbird 2010 »
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #607 on: February 5, 2011, 08:07:38 am »
I don't see Rushian post much on here anymore (I won't trawl through this thread to see if he has), but he's been campaigning today to get people to forgive and understand Torres' decision to move to Chelsea.

I'm inclined to agree with him. After a few days to calm down, I'm now at peace with the situation and him. No hard feelings.

With respect to Rushian - who's a friend of mine - he hasn't had to sit in the stand at anfield and watch a player taking the piss out of the club and its supporters for the past 12 months or so. You don't get the proper representative picture on the telly so there's no way anybody who doesn't actually go to the game can formulate a realistic perception of just how much he has fucked us. I was prepared to put it down to managerial tactcics, injury recovery priocess or lack of quality teammates - until i realised the truth last week with the transfer request.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #608 on: February 5, 2011, 08:13:23 am »
He owes us nothing as a 'Livipudlian'.

So he owes us nothing huh?

Well you live in  the reality of your little bubble and I'll live in mine. Mine tells me that if someone is paid a king's ransom every week then the least I can expect for that King's ransom is a modicum of effort. 

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: February 5, 2011, 08:15:14 am »

Well put! The glass is half empty and half full with our 'Nando, but at the end of the day the Club and Torres both moved forward.

With the player and the club sorted out, it is the fans, of the Holy Trinity, that need to sort themselves out. I am particularly excited with the dynamic duo of Suarez and Carroll as his replacements.

So, as you so well put it: roll on Sunday!

The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Mohammad Shahrul

• Oral Pisser
  • Main Stander
  • Im the Red PHP programmer, huhu!! :-)
    • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petronas_Towers
« Reply #610 on: February 5, 2011, 08:38:34 am »
LATEST!!! From soccernet.espn.go.com ...

Torres: "I never loved Liverpool"

"I never kissed the Liverpool badge,'' he said. "Never. No. Kissed the badge? No. I never did. I never did when I was
at Atletico Madrid, and I love Atletico, my former club. I see some players doing that when they join a club but the
romance in football has gone. It's a different thing now. People are coming and leaving. When you are joining a
club you want to do the best for yourself and that club and that's all."

"Some people like to kiss the badge. They can do it. I only want to score goals and do my job and achieve all
the targets the team has. When I was born in Madrid I was not a Liverpool fan or a Chelsea fan. I was only an
Atletico Madrid fan. I still am. Maybe it's the only badge I will kiss if I have to kiss one.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/876019/fernando-torres:-i-never-kissed-liverpool%27s-badge?cc=4716

I just cant believe he said that to us!!! I just felt he has fucked us. Its hurt me, my heart. Its difficult because I loved
him before. He just fucked us. Why... Why... Its killing me!  :'( :'( :'(

« Last Edit: February 5, 2011, 08:40:48 am by Mohammad Shahrul »
p/s: I just joined RAWK forum, hope can learn something from you all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petronas_Towers

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #611 on: February 5, 2011, 08:53:37 am »
Keep yer yin and yang so to speak.

Yeah. And Yin and fuckin Yang would have given us a damn sight more fuckin effort than that cheating bastard.

Offline Entropicity

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #612 on: February 5, 2011, 08:56:56 am »
I think its time to stop feeling hurt.

Torres has said his part and we have no qualms about crushing him now. End of.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #613 on: February 5, 2011, 09:07:13 am »
I'm going to find me a younger girlfriend because the age of romance is over. I was once in love when I was a teenager, but I didn't kiss her badge either. No guesses for what my new girlfriend is going to ask me to do. Does anybody care?
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: February 5, 2011, 09:10:58 am »
“I didn’t even kiss the badge at Atlético,” he said. “And I loved Atlético. I see some players doing that when they join a club, but the romance in football has gone. It’s a different thing now. People come and leave. When you join a club, you want to do the best for yourself and that club. That is all.”

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: February 5, 2011, 09:18:02 am »

Come, come SMD. We're better than that, watch the vid (reply #602), he bites it. By all means torture the guy but only do it with facts.
@ManifoldReasons

Offline sowellred

• Anny Roader
  • Brainwashing the kids with Anfield delight
« Reply #616 on: February 5, 2011, 09:19:59 am »
Whilst I feel let down by Torres and his departure this article did make me think; 'why did LFC go public on turning down Chelsea's bid'?
Yes, we are good enough.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: February 5, 2011, 09:22:55 am »
Come, come SMD. We're better than that, watch the vid (reply #602), he bites it. By all means torture the guy but only do it with facts.

What's the difference?
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #618 on: February 5, 2011, 09:23:23 am »

Well done mate , soon as I read that quote I knew the RAWK internet warriors would be on the case..I trust this image , as I type, is finding its way to all media?......

But theres a lesson to be learnt by the fans here....dont give your love away to hastely...make sure players have earn't it...I think in recent years fans have been to quick to hail the new heroes ..with songs before they have even kicked a ball....wait till the earn it....'Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice shame on me!'

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: February 5, 2011, 09:29:34 am »

Bites it or kisses it makes no difference, what about his book? He cant deny saying anything written in that.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #620 on: February 5, 2011, 09:31:17 am »
The man spouts rubbish everyday now.
Let us forget this once and for all.

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: February 5, 2011, 09:31:46 am »
What's the difference?
Maybe he just wanted to bite the shirt? In the video he was nowhere near the badge.

I liked the interview. In a way it finally offered me closure. For him it was just business, like they say.

Offline danny boy the red

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
  • Were going to Wembley!!!
« Reply #622 on: February 5, 2011, 09:35:03 am »

Ah man, there's a touch of the classic Bill Clinton defense here,  "I smoked marijuana in College but never inhaled," "My cock was in her mouth but I never ejaculated".

Unbelievable from Torres, really really just gets worse and worse from him.
http://twitter.com/thebig_sam

"Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a fucking Gremlin.

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. Fucking hell"

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: February 5, 2011, 09:36:46 am »
"My cock was in her mouth but I never ejaculated".

haha

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: February 5, 2011, 09:37:19 am »
As Liverbird2010 has said, he has proven to be a massie liar. If he did bother trying maybe we could have been higher in the league. He comes across like someone who wants things now on a plate. He probably thinks he can be carried in a team like Chelsea in the way Spain carried him.

Sorry Torres, but Chelsea don't have David Villa

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: February 5, 2011, 09:38:39 am »
actually I never really bounced...I kept my feet on the ground...I was faking Torres...do you here me Torres...faking..yes!!

Offline danny boy the red

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
  • Were going to Wembley!!!
« Reply #626 on: February 5, 2011, 09:39:17 am »
actually I never really bounced...I kept my feet on the ground...I was faking Torres...do you here me Torres...faking..yes!!

hahahah.
http://twitter.com/thebig_sam

"Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a fucking Gremlin.

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. Fucking hell"

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #627 on: February 5, 2011, 09:39:37 am »
Torres was and is a very good profesional footballer who knew how to play a part. The only thing that surprises me about those who dig up quotes and video clips is that they are surprised.

We got some very good years out of Torres, he won nothing. He is up there amongst the very best of forwards ever to have played for us. I feel his loss keenly, I feel the loss of the Torres/Alonso/Masch era more so.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2011, 09:43:32 am by xerxes1 »
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: February 5, 2011, 09:40:37 am »
What's the difference?

Can't tell the difference between kissing & biting? - I'm glad you're not my Mrs.  :P

I'm not defending him; he's made his bed & should fucking well lie in it. But we need to do better than lying. If we're gonna be chucking stuff in his direction at least make it hurt him rather than him being able to shrug it off as inaccurate.

FYI - This is where I'm at now... I've woken up this morning & he's dead to me now. We have to focus only on ourselves & what we can do. Anything else is a waste of energy.
@ManifoldReasons

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: February 5, 2011, 09:43:29 am »
Time to move on. Seems as if our players behaved graciously in calling to say goodbye and wishing him well. We should concentrate on supporting our own team, not picking over whether he was less of a man and more of a mercenary than we thought he was. We only diminish ourselves. Onwards and upwards, reds.

Offline Linnet

• Anny Roader
  • Swedish Red and White
« Reply #630 on: February 5, 2011, 09:43:55 am »
He´s not the person I thought he was, he has shown his true colors these last few days. I´ll forgive him but I will never forget.
N7

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: February 5, 2011, 09:45:01 am »
Can't tell the difference between kissing & biting? - I'm glad you're not my Mrs.  :P

I'm not defending him; he's made his bed & should fucking well lie in it. But we need to do better than lying. If we're gonna be chucking stuff in his direction at least make it hurt him rather than him being able to shrug it off as inaccurate.

FYI - This is where I'm at now... I've woken up this morning & he's dead to me now. We have to focus only on ourselves & what we can do. Anything else is a waste of energy.

I'm glad I'm not your missus!

And I'm just sick of being patronised, he's seen how we respond to Owen, why the fuck does he think we're clueless?

I'd respect him more if he said "I've got no spine, I want more money and medals on a plate".

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #632 on: February 5, 2011, 09:45:56 am »

I don't think that SMD has had a girlfriend.................... ;)

I agree that NEVER have I wanted Chelsea to win less, and us to win more, than now.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: February 5, 2011, 09:46:20 am »
He´s not the person I thought he was, he has shown his true colors these last few days. I´ll forgive him but I will never forget.

I will never forgive him but I will forget him.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: February 5, 2011, 09:48:45 am »
I don't think that SMD has had a girlfriend.................... ;)
::)

Offline Lady OOT

• Main Stander
« Reply #635 on: February 5, 2011, 09:49:09 am »
Hope Gerrard kisses the badge if he scores tomorrow!

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #636 on: February 5, 2011, 09:53:08 am »
He is a c*nt, end of, and no words will change that.

He needs to stop pretending that he has done nothing wrong.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #637 on: February 5, 2011, 09:53:26 am »
I think its time to stop feeling hurt.

Torres has said his part and we have no qualms about crushing him now. End of.

The only hurt - post suarez and carroll - is from Liverpudlians defending his corner. Apologists for Torres's 12 solid months of taking our hard earned money under false pretences. Until such folk cease trying to deny the blatant truism of his cheating behaviour during this period there will inevitably be rancour.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2011, 09:55:00 am by Timbo's Goals »

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: February 5, 2011, 09:57:21 am »
Well done mate , soon as I read that quote I knew the RAWK internet warriors would be on the case..I trust this image , as I type, is finding its way to all media?......

But theres a lesson to be learnt by the fans here....dont give your love away to hastely...make sure players have earn't it...I think in recent years fans have been to quick to hail the new heroes ..with songs before they have even kicked a ball....wait till the earn it....'Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice shame on me!'

Kuyt! Lucas! Insua! Babel even. I like those who've been given fearsome stick, but who have risen above it to remain gracious.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #639 on: February 5, 2011, 09:57:54 am »
I wouldn't have blamed him for going last Summer or this one but the timing of the whole thing stunk and I can't help think this was plotted during the whole window. Torres suddenly finds form, City sign Dzeko, Adebayor goes to Madrid on loan then he puts in a transfer request. No complaints about the fee though and I think we had his best years. Chelsea now are not as good as the Liverpool side Torres joined. From Summer 08 and G & H refinancing onwards we have been on a downward spiral and I don't think we'll shake it off completely till the Summer. I am confident under NESV that we will go forward and it being a case of when rather than if.