Author Topic: Android Phones - Apps and stuff  (Read 262105 times)

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
Re: Android Phones - Apps and stuff
« Reply #2120 on: June 28, 2014, 11:38:40 am »
Going to do a redesign if the app using new Android L (iverpool)  features. Any requests?

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #2121 on: July 7, 2014, 09:22:48 pm »
Anybody know of a decent app that can stream football, was using some Indian sports app but it.keep disappearing from the play store. I've.got flash and mk player installed to play streams. Thanks.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #2122 on: July 8, 2014, 08:42:19 pm »
This new sense on Htc is rubbish.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline Disregarder

• Andshe'llripyerknackersoff
  • Anny Roader
  • TV's own
« Reply #2123 on: July 10, 2014, 01:53:36 am »
Camcorder or phone?

I've always used a camcorder for filming at work (teacher) then edited the footage on my laptop. We only have fairly basic cameras though and the sound quality is awful.  Was thinking of using my phone instead and a tripod adapter but what's a phone like sound quality wise when shooting video? I have a Nexus 5 latest version. Does the in built mic have any noise cancelling wizardry?
My 8k rig goes boom
PSN: OireCocobean

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2124 on: July 11, 2014, 09:54:23 pm »
I've a HTC Desire 500. The storage settings is saying I have used 2.9 of 4GB phone storage for 'Other', but doesn't let me in it to see exactly what 'Other' contains. How do I find out what is stored as other and delete it to make more space? The other storage folders are music, apps and photos so deleting them would make no difference
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #2125 on: July 14, 2014, 03:10:48 pm »
I've a HTC Desire 500. The storage settings is saying I have used 2.9 of 4GB phone storage for 'Other', but doesn't let me in it to see exactly what 'Other' contains. How do I find out what is stored as other and delete it to make more space? The other storage folders are music, apps and photos so deleting them would make no difference
Try using the disk usage app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.diskusage

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2126 on: August 10, 2014, 11:47:11 am »
Any app which allows you to download a video from the web straight to your phone?

Was using tube mate before but that's just for you tube.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #2127 on: August 11, 2014, 09:25:08 pm »
Has anyone mentioned S4U TV ? If not, get all over it before it's pulled. Free hd streaming of sky sports 1,2,3,4, bt1 & 2
http://www.appsgeyser.com/getwidget/S4U%20TV/
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 09:37:07 pm by Bobby 'Bony' Fowler »

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2128 on: August 11, 2014, 10:15:35 pm »
Tvcatchup by far.

Last world cup at work everyone used this  as the itv player is so awful.

Same, very good quality streams too. That s4utv thing seems to be blocked on Googlestore. Found it!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:19:41 pm by Twelfth Man »
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline EFoley1991

• Kopite
« Reply #2129 on: September 6, 2014, 10:45:33 pm »
Right so today i bought a Sony Xperia SP, when i got home and turned it on the phone updated but then shortly after that it said there was another update but it could only be updated through PC with the sony companion program which i've downloaded but everytime i try to update the phone the program fails downloading the update. Is there anyway i can just update it through the phone with wifi with having to use my PC?

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2130 on: September 18, 2014, 07:02:46 pm »
Managed to drop my LG G2 and smash the screen to bits about 2 weeks ago. Took it to a phone shop in town and eventually got it back last night, he told me that screen replacement can sometimes result in a loss of sensitivity and therefore the screen may not react the way the original did. I took it home and tried it and half the fucker didn't work. Couldn't type a text message at all, try and press one thing and something else would open and just general crap response whatever I wanted to do.

I took it back today and he is going to replace it again - starting to feel I'm being fobbed off by the bloke though. Is it true with regards to loss of response when a screen is replaced or should it work exactly the same? I've never dropped a phone before - right pain in the arse.

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #2131 on: September 18, 2014, 08:06:40 pm »
Managed to drop my LG G2 and smash the screen to bits about 2 weeks ago. Took it to a phone shop in town and eventually got it back last night, he told me that screen replacement can sometimes result in a loss of sensitivity and therefore the screen may not react the way the original did. I took it home and tried it and half the fucker didn't work. Couldn't type a text message at all, try and press one thing and something else would open and just general crap response whatever I wanted to do.

I took it back today and he is going to replace it again - starting to feel I'm being fobbed off by the bloke though. Is it true with regards to loss of response when a screen is replaced or should it work exactly the same? I've never dropped a phone before - right pain in the arse.

He is talking out of hiss. Probably did a shoddy job of it and came up with this bullcrap exvuse to account for his cock-up.

I recently had my LG G Pro's screen replaced (cracked from falling on a concrete pavement) and it works as good as new, if not better. A properly replaced screen should not be any different to the screen of brand new phone.

Phuk yoo

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2132 on: September 18, 2014, 10:51:01 pm »
He is talking out of hiss. Probably did a shoddy job of it and came up with this bullcrap exvuse to account for his cock-up.

I recently had my LG G Pro's screen replaced (cracked from falling on a concrete pavement) and it works as good as new, if not better. A properly replaced screen should not be any different to the screen of brand new phone.

Cheers mate, I thought as much. Fingers crossed it'll get sorted this time round.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #2133 on: September 19, 2014, 01:24:08 am »
Cheers mate, I thought as much. Fingers crossed it'll get sorted this time round.

I am thinking he probably changed only the gorilla glass layer on top of the actual lcd panel instead of the whole panel. Its way way cheaper but only works if your digiter is not fucked coz of the crack.

Most service joints do a whole screen replacement anyway. Mine even gave me my old panel back.
Phuk yoo

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2134 on: September 19, 2014, 01:30:23 pm »
Decided the Nexus 4 needs an upgrade and was torn between the Xperia Z3 Compact and the 'normal' Z3.

Leaning towards the Compact as it's £150 cheaper, has nearly identical specs bar the screen resolution (which is barely noticeable on a 4.6" screen anyway), and I reckon it'll be more comfortable to use one-handed anyway.

The N4 at 4.7" was perfect, and while this is *very* slightly smaller, I doubt it'll be noticeable. All of the other specs are an upgrade (4G which is the main one, better camera, expandable memory).

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2135 on: September 19, 2014, 02:22:20 pm »
Love my Oppo find 7. UHD Screen is incredibly clear and crisp. A great spec phone. 5.5 inches is a bit of a stretch for some but I find it fine to type on

Battery life is not great but I'm on a Nightly 4.4.4 rom so the bugs are there

Galaxy S5 specs + better screen for £250 less. Its a no brainer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #2136 on: September 19, 2014, 03:57:27 pm »
Decided the Nexus 4 needs an upgrade and was torn between the Xperia Z3 Compact and the 'normal' Z3.

Leaning towards the Compact as it's £150 cheaper, has nearly identical specs bar the screen resolution (which is barely noticeable on a 4.6" screen anyway), and I reckon it'll be more comfortable to use one-handed anyway.

The N4 at 4.7" was perfect, and while this is *very* slightly smaller, I doubt it'll be noticeable. All of the other specs are an upgrade (4G which is the main one, better camera, expandable memory).

It has onscreen buttons like the N4 so even smaller viewing area in most cases.

Another "compact" phone to consider is the Galaxy Alpha. Good 4.7 size, metal frame and fast processor (faster than the 801 in z3)

Phuk yoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #2137 on: September 19, 2014, 03:59:50 pm »
Love my Oppo find 7. UHD Screen is incredibly clear and crisp. A great spec phone. 5.5 inches is a bit of a stretch for some but I find it fine to type on

Battery life is not great but I'm on a Nightly 4.4.4 rom so the bugs are there

Galaxy S5 specs + better screen for £250 less. Its a no brainer

Uhd screens drink battery like anything.  I really dont see the benefits over a FHD one. Beyond 350 odd ppi it ceases to matter.

Good phone otherwise though. How are the colour levels?
Phuk yoo

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2138 on: September 19, 2014, 04:14:59 pm »
It has onscreen buttons like the N4 so even smaller viewing area in most cases.

Another "compact" phone to consider is the Galaxy Alpha. Good 4.7 size, metal frame and fast processor (faster than the 801 in z3)
I'm used to onscreen buttons with the N4, so the size difference won't be too bad I imagine.

I looked at the Alpha but it was going for £500 unlocked which is silly money for those specs, I could get a full sized Z3 for that. Compact was worth the saving I reckon.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #2139 on: September 19, 2014, 04:22:03 pm »
I'm used to onscreen buttons with the N4, so the size difference won't be too bad I imagine.

I looked at the Alpha but it was going for £500 unlocked which is silly money for those specs, I could get a full sized Z3 for that. Compact was worth the saving I reckon.

If you get a chance, have a look at the Huawei Honor 7, its the smallest 5 incher you can find with possibly the fastest processor around. Around 350 GBP unlocked. Great build quality and camera as well. It is usable with one hand if you are not a woman or have dainty hands.

Otherwise the z3 compact is a good purchase. I'd probably find that 4.6 screen too small though, being used to a 5.5 " screen over the last year.
Phuk yoo

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2140 on: September 19, 2014, 06:09:57 pm »
Uhd screens drink battery like anything.  I really dont see the benefits over a FHD one. Beyond 350 odd ppi it ceases to matter.

Good phone otherwise though. How are the colour levels?

Looks great to me. No 'yellow' tinge that has been reported by some people.

I've got a pretty new cyanogenmod nightly on which suffers battery drain so I'm putting it down to that

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2141 on: September 20, 2014, 12:18:28 am »
If you get a chance, have a look at the Huawei Honor 7, its the smallest 5 incher you can find with possibly the fastest processor around. Around 350 GBP unlocked. Great build quality and camera as well. It is usable with one hand if you are not a woman or have dainty hands.

Otherwise the z3 compact is a good purchase. I'd probably find that 4.6 screen too small though, being used to a 5.5 " screen over the last year.
I think I could get used to a 5"+ screen if I was using the phone daily, but when I was comparing Z3 and Z3C I didn't think the extra half an inch or so was worth ~£165. According to Clove I have two weeks to test this out and can get a refund on it if I do find the screen too small anyway, at which point I can look at 5"+ options. I doubt I'll have a problem with it though as the N4 is near ideal size, and the Z3C is only 0.1" off that.

Another big reason for going for one of the Z3 series is the ridiculous battery life. Z3C has 101 hours on GSMArena, of course that's not "it'll last 101 hours", but seems to be whatever calculation they do has resulted in only the Z3 Compact and the Nokia 1520 getting over 100 hours on battery endurance score ("big Z3" hasn't been tested yet). Considering the battery's non-removable, the longer it lasts the better.

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
    • Last FM
« Reply #2142 on: September 27, 2014, 10:35:08 am »
It been a while since I have done a new release of the application, not had much spare time after the arrival of my daughter this year. Hardly even been able to get on here.

Finally got round to getting some new features out in time for the derby.

The new version of LFCHistory.net for Android is out on Google play now.

http://goo.gl/SlBgq4

The new update now includes a new and improved main menu.

All player and manager lists now include profile pictures.

The league table for this season has now been fixed and we also have a new fixture list section which includes UK TV schedules.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #2143 on: September 28, 2014, 08:42:32 am »
Looks really nice mate. Will download it. Is it up on play store?

How about doing a windows phone version? Is porting the app too much trouble?
Phuk yoo

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
    • Last FM
« Reply #2144 on: September 30, 2014, 12:54:37 pm »
Just Android at the moment.

There is no problem porting it the only issue is that it takes time and i dont have any unfortunately.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #2145 on: September 30, 2014, 02:02:09 pm »
Just Android at the moment.

There is no problem porting it the only issue is that it takes time and i dont have any unfortunately.

Just installed it and gave it 5 star!

Phuk yoo

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2146 on: September 30, 2014, 05:13:24 pm »

YOU HAVE A WOMAN'S HANDS.

Sorry, that should have been in the Blackadder thread :)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2147 on: September 30, 2014, 05:37:09 pm »
not an app but would come under "stuff"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BQ5KHJW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

bought one of these, takes about 7 hours to charge fully and provides around 5 full phone charges

the charge is similar to having it plugged into the wall, averaging about 1% per minute

well worth  the 21 quid I paid for it, for anyone going to festivals or anything like that its perfect, I just keep it in my work bag for when its needed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #2148 on: October 1, 2014, 07:03:37 am »
 ;D

YOU HAVE A WOMAN'S HANDS.

Sorry, that should have been in the Blackadder thread :)

http://recombu.com/mobile/reviews/huawei/ascend-mate-7/

Top phone, anyone looking for a 'phablet', please consider this.

Ten times better thn the bendy 6 plus, much better specs all around.

Phuk yoo

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
    • Last FM
« Reply #2149 on: October 2, 2014, 08:32:50 am »
Just installed it and gave it 5 star!
Thanks, really appreciate it.

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2150 on: October 13, 2014, 12:06:55 pm »
Could someone please tell me what this status bar icon is? I've had the phone for a few weeks now, and it's really bugging me. Showed up after a few days of use, and it's permanently up there.

The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2151 on: October 13, 2014, 12:11:37 pm »
Could someone please tell me what this status bar icon is? I've had the phone for a few weeks now, and it's really bugging me. Showed up after a few days of use, and it's permanently up there.
NFC is on.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #2152 on: October 13, 2014, 12:15:02 pm »

Your phone has NFC enabled.

Read up on it here if you are unaware of what it does/denefits/etc http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_field_communication

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2153 on: October 13, 2014, 12:31:42 pm »
Ahh thank you both! Disabled and its gone. I imagine possibly using unnecessary battery life too, considering I would only use it in a one off situation. Interesting feature though
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2154 on: October 20, 2014, 09:30:38 pm »
;D

http://recombu.com/mobile/reviews/huawei/ascend-mate-7/

Top phone, anyone looking for a 'phablet', please consider this.

Ten times better thn the bendy 6 plus, much better specs all around.

Nice review.  Pricey?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #2155 on: October 21, 2014, 06:04:00 am »
Nice review.  Pricey?

Pretty cheap actually considering the specs. Around 350 GBP i believe. Great deal to be honest.
Phuk yoo

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #2156 on: October 21, 2014, 07:37:17 am »
I'm really getting tired of carriers monkeying with phones.

Add your own apps if you want, but don't disable the FM radio to drive me to stream on mobile data and take away per contact ringtone on messaging so I use the verizon app. I should frankly be illegal to alter the phone that way. You can add to it, but you can't take anything away.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #2157 on: October 21, 2014, 01:34:41 pm »
I'm really getting tired of carriers monkeying with phones.

Add your own apps if you want, but don't disable the FM radio to drive me to stream on mobile data and take away per contact ringtone on messaging so I use the verizon app. I should frankly be illegal to alter the phone that way. You can add to it, but you can't take anything away.

Buy simfree/unlocked handsets! They are cheaper anyway if you compare it with the cost of the contract.

Phuk yoo

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2158 on: October 28, 2014, 09:41:26 am »
Got a Samsung? I'd probably read this...

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/28/samsung-find-my-mobile-exploit/#continued

Good job Apple didn't do this, 21CenturySchizoidMan would of had #AppleLockGate trending by now.

Offline Thush

• Spawwow, Tit. Anal Chat is "Equidistant between chit-chat and analysis"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's pronounced "Toosh"
« Reply #2159 on: October 30, 2014, 07:41:59 pm »
Just a heads up. Amazon have got 39 apps for free today through their App Store instead of the usual one free. Plex the media server is definitely worth it. Lots of games there too. Picked up a personal finance app and a timelapse app there today.