Author Topic: Circus Boxing Thread  (Read 21639 times)

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Re: Circus Boxing Thread
« Reply #200 on: February 26, 2023, 11:11:19 pm »
"made my own legacy" :lmao
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #201 on: February 26, 2023, 11:11:31 pm »
Oh my dear lord... He's crying... Fucking hell...

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: February 26, 2023, 11:12:11 pm »
He is absolute ass. Will not even win an area title

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #203 on: February 26, 2023, 11:12:22 pm »
I can't figure out if Fury is a bad or a terrible actor.

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: February 26, 2023, 11:12:34 pm »
crying because he beat a YouTuber. Jesus wept...

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: February 26, 2023, 11:12:42 pm »
He is absolute ass. Will not even win an area title
Put him in with Anthony Yarde  ;D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: February 26, 2023, 11:13:42 pm »
Put him in with Anthony Yarde  ;D
Fuck it put him in there with Beterbiev, I'd fear for his life.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: February 26, 2023, 11:14:20 pm »
I am Tommy Fury.

Brilliant. What a bum.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: February 26, 2023, 11:14:28 pm »
The interviewer not having his best day. First telling Logal Paul he loves him and now he's throwing f-bombs...

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: February 26, 2023, 11:15:01 pm »
I am Tommy Fury.

Brilliant. What a bum.
I AM BRAVEHEART!

Paul "I had a sore arm but I don't want to make excuses."

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: February 26, 2023, 11:16:28 pm »
Does this mean Fury gets to fight Badou Jack?  :D

Porter says high level fighting for this level. Southern Area eliminator title then.

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
« Reply #211 on: February 26, 2023, 11:16:31 pm »
He's a pro, Jake isn't. His boxing career is dead either way, won't even win a Lonsdale belt.

Doubt he gives a shit, the amount of money he's made

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: February 26, 2023, 11:16:35 pm »
I'd love to see either of them in with a proper boxer , now that would be worth watching

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: February 26, 2023, 11:17:22 pm »
I’d love to know who pays for the ppv of this. I’d be saying that about a lot of ppv but I just don’t get how you would pay for that.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: February 26, 2023, 11:17:36 pm »
Doubt he gives a shit, the amount of money he's made
Over £3m possibly I read. Beterbiev probably doesn't get that for his standard title fights.

These commentators and pundits; zero shame. Worse than the fight itself.

• Kopite
« Reply #215 on: February 26, 2023, 11:17:43 pm »
I feel most sorry for dedicated and skilled boxers who are much better, who will never have the money these bums are making.

What?

It's simple supply & demand.

Can't feel sorry for guys who don't deserve money if people aren't interested.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: February 26, 2023, 11:19:17 pm »
What?

You don't think there's a problem that the market wants to watch people who are crap over people with skills in a given field?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: February 26, 2023, 11:19:25 pm »
Are these clowns fighting at the Light Heavy weight? Send them both in against Arthur Beterbiev.  ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: February 26, 2023, 11:20:31 pm »
What?

Motherfucker you've talked about this clown show more than I've ever seen you talk about actual boxing fights.  ;D

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: February 26, 2023, 11:20:37 pm »
Are these clowns fighting at the Light Heavy weight? Send them both in against Arthur Beterbiev.  ;D
I think YouTuber is a CW mate. I think Fury now have a WBC CW ranking or was that only if the influencer won? Badou Jack awaits!

• Kopite
« Reply #220 on: February 26, 2023, 11:21:50 pm »
You don't think there's a problem that the market wants to watch people who are crap over people with skills in a given field?

Doesn't matter what I think

If boxers want more money they need to make it more interesting to the public

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: February 26, 2023, 11:22:16 pm »
Motherfucker you've talked about this clown show more than I've ever seen you talk about actual boxing fights.  ;D
You really have a way with words :D

• Kopite
« Reply #222 on: February 26, 2023, 11:22:41 pm »

I like both 'the circus' & 'real' boxing

Think there's a market for both

Offline glewis93

• Kopite
« Reply #223 on: February 26, 2023, 11:24:26 pm »
Everyone knows how this all works now, disrespect each other by saying abhorrent things. Make people really want to see at least one of them get knocked out and people buy the PPV.
That display of 'respect' at the end will be out the window when it comes to promoting the rematch - 'The Real Truth This Time... Honest.'

It's all a show designed to build interest in a product that wouldn't sell on its sporting merit alone.

Long Live Lucas Leiva!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 26, 2023, 11:24:42 pm »
You really have a way with words :D

I've told you lads before that I was a playwright in another life.  ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: February 26, 2023, 11:29:42 pm »
Everyone knows how this all works now, disrespect each other by saying abhorrent things. Make people really want to see at least one of them get knocked out and people buy the PPV.
That display of 'respect' at the end will be out the window when it comes to promoting the rematch - 'The Real Truth This Time... Honest.'

It's all a show designed to build interest in a product that wouldn't sell on its sporting merit alone.
Mayweather was the architect. He gave all these Youtubers the blueprint on how to make money. Play the role of the bad guy to such an extent that they'll pay to see you lose. And of course he got that very idea from wrestling, when Hogan and NWO made it cool to be the bad guy. That's why these idiots pay to see this, not for the boxing but for the show.

EDIT: Muhammad Ali was the architect but Mayweather was the one who did it in the current age.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 11:33:29 pm by I've been a good boy »

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: February 26, 2023, 11:31:43 pm »
I think YouTuber is a CW mate. I think Fury now have a WBC CW ranking or was that only if the influencer won? Badou Jack awaits!

I only saw the last two or three rounds of the Badou Jack fight, but Paul and Fury could fight him at the same time and he'd still murder both of them in the first round...

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: February 26, 2023, 11:38:29 pm »
I messed up my scorecards as lost track of the deductions but that was a close fight.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: February 26, 2023, 11:49:26 pm »
I messed up my scorecards as lost track of the deductions but that was a close fight.
I watched rounds 4 to 8 and don't think YouTube guy won a minute let alone a round. Fury landed almost double the amount of punches, 88 to 49.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: February 27, 2023, 09:13:17 am »
How the US judge got Paul winning the fight I'll never know. Found it a little odd anyway that there was a US judge but no UK judge.

Glad that Fury won, all told. He's an actual boxer and while his level isn't very high, he was clearly better than Paul.

For what it's worth, I understand his tears. His daughter had been born a month ago and he's missed the first month of her life to train.

I enjoyed the fight - I know it's a circus and full off dickheads and unnecessary build-up... but it was interesting and watchable. Logan Paul calling all the Fury's bitches - very easy to do that behind a barrier.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: February 27, 2023, 09:38:25 am »
How the US judge got Paul winning the fight I'll never know. Found it a little odd anyway that there was a US judge but no UK judge.

Glad that Fury won, all told. He's an actual boxer and while his level isn't very high, he was clearly better than Paul.

For what it's worth, I understand his tears. His daughter had been born a month ago and he's missed the first month of her life to train.

I enjoyed the fight - I know it's a circus and full off dickheads and unnecessary build-up... but it was interesting and watchable. Logan Paul calling all the Fury's bitches - very easy to do that behind a barrier.

Wouldn't a proper boxer at his career stage not even humiliate himself by taking the fight though?

Youtubers have been allowed into the actual sport and professional athletes have too much ego to ignore the nonsense and buy into it, money is overriding respect for their own profession. I feel for diehard boxing fans because this shits been allowed to get into the actual sport. Imagine your local sunday league team being allowed a game against a professional football team in a proper stadium on national TV... it's worse than that because at least the Sunday league team plays football, these youtubers dont even box, they just saw a chance to get paid and decided to learn something with little to no risk, the pros massively outweighed the cons. Mayweather fighting them, still poor form but he's done everything people claimed he couldn't and more, to never lose is almost unheard of and the quality he displayed in doing so will be remembered forever. His legacy was cemented long ago, he's just printing money at this point

Tommy Fury is hilarious, the fact he was incredibly bothered by a nobody calling him out shows his pedigree and the nobody actually took him the distance after what... 4 years of learning a sport Tommy has grown up immersed in? Missing time in his childs life is a choice that he made, imagine being bothered people say you're dodging a youtuber :lmao he talked more than boxers who have won actual titles with real pressure and cried for what reason, it was a nothing fight from the first time he was called out and I fear for him when an actual decent boxer steps into the ring with him because he looks like he could take a serious beating. Can't do all that serious boxer talk when Love Island was most peoples introduction to you, he's actively choosing to live in that world but sobs like it's been a crazy journey through lifes toughest tests... fighting a youtuber :lmao

This current generation are so deeply ingrained in this anything for fame and achievement bullshit, everything is pinned like it's a rags to riches story when in reality it's the equivalent of you getting a medal for first place... then seeing the other 9 competitors get identical ones for taking part
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 09:42:33 am by RyanBabel19 »

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: February 27, 2023, 10:24:29 am »
It’s not boxing, it is money making, entertainment. A blending of two worlds.

I feel most sorry for dedicated and skilled boxers who are much better, who will never have the money these bums are making.

Yeah.  It's a WWE / boxing hybrid.  All staged and everything.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: February 27, 2023, 10:41:42 am »
Mayweather was the architect. He gave all these Youtubers the blueprint on how to make money. Play the role of the bad guy to such an extent that they'll pay to see you lose. And of course he got that very idea from wrestling, when Hogan and NWO made it cool to be the bad guy. That's why these idiots pay to see this, not for the boxing but for the show.

EDIT: Muhammad Ali was the architect but Mayweather was the one who did it in the current age.

The difference of course being that Mayweather and Ali were both highly skilled, as were all their opponents (well, compared to these two anyway). So you were watching to see someone lose, but you were also watching high level sport as well.

Also with these fights you're not even seeing a genuine contest (whatever the quality). It's all just contrived and no doubt there'll be endless rematches.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 10:44:53 am by Rob Dylan »

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: February 27, 2023, 11:32:54 am »
Several stars from the world of sport and entertainment were in attendance and many more were following the eight-round bout from home.

Boxing legend Mike Tyson and footballer Cristiano Ronaldo were among those present in the open-top Diriyah Arena in Riyadh.

Popstar Drake shared a screenshot of his $400,000 (£335,000) bet on a Paul KO win, while Home Alone actor Macaulay Culkin tweeted: "There's no better way to celebrate your half birthday than to watch Jake Paul get punched in the head repeatedly."

The main event was given the full big-fight treatment, with legendary Master of Ceremonies Michael Buffer introducing both fighters.

Fury, dressed in white with the name of his new-born daughter etched across his robe, walked first to the ring along with trainer and dad John Fury and brother Tyson.

But with Fury waiting patiently, 'The Problem Child' Paul was still pacing up and down in his dressing room as the mind games continued. When Paul did make his entrance, a chorus of boos echoed around the venue.

Unusually, the fight took place on a Sunday night and while both Paul and Fury boast a huge social media following among younger fans, the first bell did not ring until 22:30 GMT (01:30 local time) - almost an hour later than scheduled.

The fight was the latest lucrative sporting event to take place in Saudi Arabia.

The Kingdom has spent billions to bring elite sport to its country but critics, such as human rights organisation Amnesty International, have accused Saudi Arabia of trying to 'sportswash' away the country's "abysmal" human rights record.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/64779968

I find the whole thing somewhat depressing.

• Kopite
« Reply #234 on: February 27, 2023, 12:05:14 pm »
Wouldn't a proper boxer at his career stage not even humiliate himself by taking the fight though?

He's not that good

He can take one fight with Paul & earn way more than he could during a career if he didn't

Fair play to him for realising that

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: February 27, 2023, 12:40:51 pm »
It’s not boxing, it is money making, entertainment. A blending of two worlds.

I mean some of the the cards are providing actual boxers with a payday too. I personally don't think they will be that bothered. Its not like boxing was in a great place anyway. We live in a very celebrity focused culture and everyone is aware of that, if it wasn't boxing it would be something else.  And honestly it does have the focus of a lot of kids who might be interested to start or pay attention to boxing as a result

I say this as someone who does still think it's a joke like but don't think it's all negative.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #236 on: February 27, 2023, 12:46:57 pm »
I still dont think they've really realised that whilst they might make good money from people hoping these people get battered, they'd make shitloads if they just stuck one of them in with a real boxer and he actually did get battered. Even for future nonsense bouts like that one last night. I see Carl 'I boxed in front of 80,000 people' Froch is getting his name out there now, and we know that just goes the same way as the others. A glorified exhibition.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: February 27, 2023, 01:08:07 pm »
He's not that good

He can take one fight with Paul & earn way more than he could during a career if he didn't

Fair play to him for realising that

But he isn’t realising that, his speech shows that

He genuinely thinks that this is the beginning of something special

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: February 27, 2023, 02:10:06 pm »
Imagine paying to watch that (I watched it for free)

Right decision but how shit is Fury, everytime Paul threw a punch, he ducked but the twat Fury couldn't read it or adjust. Calling Fury a professional is laughable

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #239 on: February 27, 2023, 02:35:58 pm »

I wouldn't class Tommy as a proper boxer and I can't see him ever winning a world title.  It was clear that he didn't look comfortable with the odd punch that Paul landed on him.

Tommy's net worth is around £1m and two fights ago be was paid just over £10k for his fight against Taylor.  He's made around £4.5m from the Paul fight so he would have been daft not to take it IMO.