Author Topic: Jordan Henderson-Officially a Liverpool player- Discussion  (Read 267862 times)

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jordan Henderson-Officially a Liverpool player.
« Reply #520 on: June 12, 2011, 09:41:58 pm »
Lucas was the same when he first got into the Liverpool side , only now are we seeing him demand the ball and be vocal.

Games under his belt with us and experience will make him more confident on and off the ball.Lets remind ourselves he is 20
Yup, i feel the same.

2/3 years before he comes out of his shell. Who knows with Kenny, maybe even quicker. Not expecting too much from him next season though.

Offline USC19Babel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: June 12, 2011, 09:42:16 pm »
Unbelievable the amount of times Phil Jones hoofed it up to Spain or out to the wings (actually out of play), it's like England didn't know they were allowed to play through the middle

Hardly a game where Jordan would shine in the middle

Offline Amin

• big trouble.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #522 on: June 12, 2011, 09:42:36 pm »
Let's not faff around the bush, was anonymous today, few astray passes but spain were just too good for him to try and get into the game. This game shouldn't really define his play.

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: June 12, 2011, 09:43:22 pm »
I think Rodwell should start in the middle with Henderson, Mancienne did nothing.

England play way too direct, Henderson is not a fit for that style

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Finally, Danone Actimel cured him.
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Cos if she did she's a stupid fuck.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #525 on: June 12, 2011, 09:44:03 pm »
He's playing with Rose and Mancienne in the centre of midfield.

The equivilent would be Kenny starting him in the middle alongside Martin Kelly and Jovanovic.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: June 12, 2011, 09:44:25 pm »
If there was any more proof that we needed Juan Mata more than Jordan Henderson!

Yep, because it's definitely one or the other isn't it?  ::)

Can people please stop judging him after one fucking game in a side which offered no movement off the ball and hoofed it, bypassing him, every time they got the opportunity. There were a couple of moments in that game where you could see what he was about, where he passed it quickly and moved into space. Unfortunately, the other players were, more often than not, not on his wavelength. In our side that shouldn't be such a problem.

For fuck's sake people, give the lad some time. He's 20 years old you twats.

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #527 on: June 12, 2011, 09:44:27 pm »
This season is going to be fun with him and the RAWKites. When he's had a blinder it'll be " what a buy a 16m", but when he's had a shite game, it'll be "can't believe we paid 20m for him". All players have good days and bad days. Some people just need to get a grip and let the lad get on with his job for us, fuck England.

First game of the season Carroll , Henderson and the other signings need to get off to a flyer otherwise the old cliches about paying too much will be flying about.As i said this is one of the downsides of paying big fees SOME will expect brilliance week in , week out and the paitence will be zero.

Might need to swerve RAWK if we get off to a slow start.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #528 on: June 12, 2011, 09:45:13 pm »
fuk its gettin depressing reading some of these posts......
I think judging him on that performance, that he is raw and lacks presence, but that could easily be instilled if his attitude is right (see Lucas). What I would say is after watching him there, it does set my mind at ease a bit in that he does look a comfortable on the ball, a solid worker and neat passer. Don't think he will be pulling up trees and starting any fires (and he does look expensive... a hefty tax for a local boy and an England player) just yet, but he certainly has some promise. Most importantly he doesn't look a headless chicken and appears a more cerebral player than most of the rest of the U21s. Was impressed by his reading of the game now and then, showing ana ability to cut out passes and make tackles at the right time.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: June 12, 2011, 09:46:09 pm »
I liked what I saw of him tonight, can't really judge him too heavily against the Spanish as he didn't get as many touches due to their technical superiority. It will be interesting to see how he does against the Czech Republic and Ukraine is it?
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: June 12, 2011, 09:46:11 pm »
Think people are being unfair, was OK, nothing more. Did enjoy seeing him being good at hitting another player while under pressure and then moving into space for a return, will suit the Liverpool style perfectly. It tended to fall apart when he tried the longer balls. Didn't help he was part of a 4-4-2 against Spain, which everyone in the world, bar Pearce and Fergie, knows doesn't work.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: June 12, 2011, 09:47:33 pm »
Don't get me wrong, I think Henderson is a talent and is going to be an excellent Liverpool player.  But my goodness did he just get worked over by Mata at the edge of the box.  Mata is class, class, class.

"Listen Juan...I'll make you a deal. I make you look good, and you agree to sign for my club. Sound good?"

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #532 on: June 12, 2011, 09:47:55 pm »
Yup, i feel the same.

2/3 years before he comes out of his shell. Who knows with Kenny, maybe even quicker. Not expecting too much from him next season though.
Agree with this, he certainly won't be slamming down any markers, more a grower for the future. That £20 million price tag needs to be ignored for the most part next year.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline The Portuguese Kopite

• 16? Yes. Naive? Maybe. Man enough to apologise when he's been a tool? Definitely. Megalolz.
  • Kopite
  • An American-Portuguese English football fan.
« Reply #533 on: June 12, 2011, 09:49:52 pm »
"Listen Juan...I'll make you a deal. I make you look good, and you agree to sign for my club. Sound good?"
;D

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: June 12, 2011, 09:50:34 pm »
Can't really judge his performwnce tonight. Spain had the ball all the time. Must have been hard for him to just stay in position. Next game will be more interesting.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #535 on: June 12, 2011, 09:51:23 pm »
Pearce hasn't got a scooby has he? What the fuck was that lineup about? Mancienne in the midfield, Cleverley, average, Rose, average, Albrighton on the bench, sitting off and letting Mata (what a player) dictate and Thiago....sign him up, strut about the gaff. Henderson had no chance in there. Not his best but who did play well? Walker, Smalling did well and that's it. First game in a tournament is always tough so let's see what happens when we play Ukraine needing a win. Pearce though....nah
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #536 on: June 12, 2011, 09:52:08 pm »
Agree with this, he certainly won't be slamming down any markers, more a grower for the future. That £20 million price tag needs to be ignored for the most part next year.

Looks the type of player that will be better with better players around him. Being able to recycle possession in midfield as we pin teams in their own half next year will be a big part of our play hopefully.

Both he and Lucas will enjoy each others close control and one and two touch passing.

Could have a big impact on the team next year.
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: June 12, 2011, 09:53:34 pm »
Pearce hasn't got a scooby has he? What the fuck was that lineup about? Mancienne in the midfield, Cleverley, average, Rose, average, Albrighton on the bench, sitting off and letting Mata (what a player) dictate and Thiago....sign him up, strut about the gaff. Henderson had no chance in there. Not his best but who did play well? Walker, Smalling did well and that's it. First game in a tournament is always tough so let's see what happens when we play Ukraine needing a win. Pearce though....nah
In fairness, Mancienne had a great game in the end. England were never overrun in midfield and a large part of that was down to him. Copying Mourinho worked out in the end.

Rose was definitely a mistake though.

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
  • Rodgers will lead us back to glory.
« Reply #538 on: June 12, 2011, 09:54:01 pm »
Adequate performance, IMO.
Lets not forget, we wouldn't take many of our English lads based on their performances for the Three Lions.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #539 on: June 12, 2011, 09:55:14 pm »
Side passes galore.

I'll be interesting to note how many side passes he's made. Lucas Mark II.

I can see why Sunderland fans targetted him with the Boo's towards the end of the season. He's pretty much the same player as Lucas, does the exact same thing. I'd love him to play a one two, with someone, drive forward occasionally. He's so rigid back there, just getting the ball and passing it back to the defenders.

To be kind to the lad, he's one for the future. But to spend that much money on a future product is a huge gamble.

Not bad you make such a shit assessment on just 45 minutes is the boy you don't like or Sunderland ?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: June 12, 2011, 09:55:37 pm »
90 mins against a good spanish team isnt gonna write him off fer me. lad will come good.

jones looked a fud tho  ;D
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #541 on: June 12, 2011, 09:58:30 pm »
Side passes galore.

I'll be interesting to note how many side passes he's made. Lucas Mark II.

I can see why Sunderland fans targetted him with the Boo's towards the end of the season. He's pretty much the same player as Lucas, does the exact same thing. I'd love him to play a one two, with someone, drive forward occasionally. He's so rigid back there, just getting the ball and passing it back to the defenders.

To be kind to the lad, he's one for the future. But to spend that much money on a future product is a huge gamble.

I know you are just clueless, but I thought I would point out the stat from optajoe before.

"20% - Just one in five of Xavi's passes in La Liga went forward. Crab."

Now be quiet.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: June 12, 2011, 09:58:40 pm »
Defensively he was a mess. Very little awareness.

Here's to him starting his Liverpool career on the wing.

Offline lfcshaunod

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #543 on: June 12, 2011, 10:02:00 pm »
I know you are just clueless, but I thought I would point out the stat from optajoe before.

"20% - Just one in five of Xavi's passes in La Liga went forward. Crab."

Now be quiet.

nicely done
I'M NOT NED STARK'S BASTARD!!!

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: June 12, 2011, 10:02:00 pm »
Defensively he was a mess. Very little awareness.

Here's to him starting his Liverpool career on the wing.

There are a few villages missing their idiots tonight! As for jas boy seems like he is a newcastle lad or at least post code might explain the problem with a Sunderland lad hey!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline Shemy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #545 on: June 12, 2011, 10:02:01 pm »
horrible set-up by Pearce, hate to make excuses for Henderson quite game, but that was honestly a bad set-up from Pearce Henderson majority of the time Henderson was left by himself, he was played far too deep, he needs to play alongside Rodwell in the next match, and have Rodwell play in the holding midfield role Henderson played, while they let Henderson roam around more freely.....Mancienne is awful

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #546 on: June 12, 2011, 10:03:48 pm »
This reminds me of those in-game threads we used to have , and reminds me why they are no more!

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: June 12, 2011, 10:03:54 pm »
Some of the comments in here are getting silly now, and that's putting it kindly! You're slagging him off based on one game against world class opposition? Give him a break! He had very few chances to impress tonight due to Spain dominating the possession. If you want to start criticising him then at least wait 'til the tournament is over to judge him on his collective performances in all games, rather than doing so after one game against the best team in the competition!
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #548 on: June 12, 2011, 10:04:42 pm »
Personally I am not concerned how he performs in this tournament (world be nice if he shone… obviously) I am comfortable in the knowledge he will learn a hell of a lot from Kenny, Gerrard and the like which will help turn him into a fantastic player in the coming seasons.
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #549 on: June 12, 2011, 10:09:38 pm »
some right gobshites on here
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #550 on: June 12, 2011, 10:10:19 pm »
[/b]

Fat chance of that happening sadly. The skywashed, 'I want it all now' 'why isn't he dominating midfield' crew will be out in force when he turns in an average or poor performance . Led by the media of course and their withering 'Kenny wasted £20m* on an overrated player' assessments.
*This figure is subject to change as and when the media feel like it.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
« Reply #551 on: June 12, 2011, 10:11:53 pm »
20m?
Last I heard he cost 16m.

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: June 12, 2011, 10:12:23 pm »
Personally I am not concerned how he performs in this tournament (world be nice if he shone… obviously) I am comfortable in the knowledge he will learn a hell of a lot from Kenny, Gerrard and the like which will help turn him into a fantastic player in the coming seasons.

Ah yes, the bigger picture. Sentiments not shared by the fast food football generation.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #553 on: June 12, 2011, 10:13:25 pm »
England playing Roy Hodgson style football with dire players in rose and mancienne in midfield! centre backs hoofing, no calm passing, building from the back.

it seemed that henderson was the only one who could actually pass the ball.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: June 12, 2011, 10:15:25 pm »
20m?
Last I heard he cost 16m.

20 mill gives the mutters a bigger stick to beat him with Mike you know that, never use facts when lies will do!

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #555 on: June 12, 2011, 10:20:04 pm »
Certain kneejerk fantasists in this thread need to put things into a little perspective when criticising Henderson. Spain dominated possession in this game tonight, for the large part of the game England’s players were predominantly forced into a game of chasing shadows and closing down. It’s hard to control a game of football when you don’t have possession of the ball, moreso when the team is made up of inferior players and a team setup by a tactically inept manager.

No matter how good you are, it makes things alot more difficult to impose yourself when the opposition monopolises the ball – a good example of this would be the CL Final were a superior Barcelona team made United’s players look like schoolboys. 
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: June 12, 2011, 10:22:32 pm »
20 mill gives the mutters a bigger stick to beat him with Mike you know that, never use facts when lies will do!

£20m is a nice round figure for the Timmy's who cannot do math. Just like Adam and Wickham would cost £10m if we signed them even if it was actually £7m and £8m respectively. When it comes to LFC, the media like to round up the figures. By November, Carroll's fee will mysteriously have risen to £40m.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: June 12, 2011, 10:23:02 pm »
Its England u21 for christs sake - He hasn't even put a red shirt on yet. Give it a rest soft lads.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #558 on: June 12, 2011, 10:25:15 pm »
Can anyone guess who said this...

"He came in here for five and a half years, not two months." (i.e he will improve into the player we know he can be)

Why anyone would put a negative spin on his performance for the Under 21's is beyond me.

"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #559 on: June 12, 2011, 10:25:39 pm »
Last I heard he cost £13m (didn't believe that one though....)

Can't judge midfield players when the team is set up for diagonal long balls into the channel.....

I can't believe that England are still playing this way....still... 20 years after it was obselete and they are still hoofing it..against Spain ......

And it was clearly a tactic....

This was an utterly shit way to play football, no wonder clubs want to stop players going to tournaments like this...terrible set up.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W