Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1415287 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chasing the Title, The Pack Chasing Us
« Reply #1880 on: December 30, 2018, 08:57:15 pm »
One game at a time, is all we can do.And the biggest game of them all this season, in a couple of days another test for the lads

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #1881 on: December 30, 2018, 08:59:20 pm »
Just a win in the next game please that will do nicely, if we don't manage to pick up any points then we dust ourselves off and go again.  It's in our hands good place to be but means nothing at this stage of the season.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1882 on: December 30, 2018, 09:03:05 pm »
‘We’ll fight to the end,
We’ll fight to the end,
You scouse bastards,
We’ll fight to the end’

They’ve turned into Chelsea now apparently.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1883 on: December 30, 2018, 09:05:45 pm »
To be fair, after we beat them at home in 13/14 they went on a 6 game winning run to wrap up the league.

Yeah, I should clarify: I think City have gone a bit soft, especially after last season.  They've become a bit complacent and taking results for granted.

Remember all those times we complain about mediocre teams rolling over for City and then pulling worldies against us?  When you become used to fighting for every point, as we have, it toughens you up.  Of course we can still fluff it up, but right now the attitude of this team is just so absolutely spot on.  They just don't seem capable of that kind of collapse because every game we play with the same grit and resilience.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1884 on: December 30, 2018, 09:28:22 pm »
I don't think it matters if we have had a ten point lead or whatever before. Remember we are up against a team that broke the points record last season . We could go unbeaten and still finish second.  Which will make winning it even sweeter yet!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #1885 on: December 30, 2018, 10:01:19 pm »
Yep, it's done if we win, they'd need to go at a crazy 95+ point pace and we'd need to drop to like top 4/5 pace for any chance of them catching us and that's just not going to happen.

Just cant imagine us having it so easy though. Us with a history of mental finals and games strolling to a title a zillion years after we last won one. No chance, we'll be 2-0 down at half time v Wolves on the final day when we need to win, eventually win 3-2 with Coady gifting us a last minute penalty and the world will fume  ;D
Injuries could definitely hurt us enough to allow them to catch up.
If december has taught us anything, its that things can go south very quickly even for a seemingly invincible team. Confidence is a precious thing.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1886 on: December 30, 2018, 10:04:47 pm »
To be fair, after we beat them at home in 13/14 they went on a 6 game winning run to wrap up the league.

True but they wasn't equipped to win the CL then.

They've every chance like us and about 6 others that can win the CL this season.

Online norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #1887 on: December 30, 2018, 11:56:40 pm »
I think psychologically drawing or preferably winning at The Etihad would be massive for us. I see it as our last truly tricky hurdle. Remember winning the league in 1990. Glenn Hysen was my favourite player. Never thought we would go so long without winning the league. This is probably as good a chance as we will ever have. Really hope we do it. It shows the importance of a manager being  a good judge of player. Can't think of a bad buy Klopp has made. He's only moved on Klavan. Thursday night is huge. Exciting times to be a Liverpool fan!

Offline CN23

• Has one so long that he can't hold it himself......yeah right.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1888 on: December 30, 2018, 11:59:54 pm »
The line I've heard most is "We'll never hear the end of it if Liverpool win the league" and they're right, they won't. Newcastle fans came to Anfield last week and sang about Gerrard's slip. Newcastle! A club who haven't won the league title since 1926. They know we're not going to shut up about it because they know they've spent 29 years ripping the piss out of us. Clubs who don't have anything to shout about telling us we live off our history, still singing songs 4 years on about our last title challenge. They're freaking out now because they think it's going to catch up with them and IF we do win the league it really, really will.

...and despite not having won it for 29 years, we only need 3 titles to be record winners again. This is what they all fear most, our bad spell is over and another good one starts and we are off running the gap bigger and bigger...

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #1889 on: December 31, 2018, 12:25:19 am »
...and despite not having won it for 29 years, we only need 3 titles to be record winners again. This is what they all fear most, our bad spell is over and another good one starts and we are off running the gap bigger and bigger...

that's the spirit
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1890 on: December 31, 2018, 09:26:15 am »
I think psychologically drawing or preferably winning at The Etihad would be massive for us. I see it as our last truly tricky hurdle. Remember winning the league in 1990. Glenn Hysen was my favourite player. Never thought we would go so long without winning the league. This is probably as good a chance as we will ever have. Really hope we do it. It shows the importance of a manager being  a good judge of player. Can't think of a bad buy Klopp has made. He's only moved on Klavan. Thursday night is huge. Exciting times to be a Liverpool fan!

To be fair, Klavan wanted more game time. I think he'd still be here otherwise.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #1891 on: December 31, 2018, 09:45:06 am »
Other way around. Klopp does traditional periodization, getting players fit for the first part and using rotation to make it last in the second half. This comes from having the winter break in Germany. I think there might have been some tweaks this season though.

Did Brendan pursue the inverse i.e. the players were fitter for the second half of the season ? I remember that being the case in both 12-13 and 13-14.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1892 on: December 31, 2018, 10:58:23 am »
Have heard a few shouts about City being weak mentally etc. (I may even have said it in the past?  )

But I don't know....they fought back to win on the last day against United, fought back in 13/14 to win it after losing against us....and many of those players are still there so they have it within them.

Granted, in some one-off games in CL they crumbled against us, but even last season when they got torn apart at Anfield they came back strong in the league. In the past couple of weeks though, losing three times.....especially to Crystal Palace at home and Leicester away....is the first time ive seen them properly rocked when you wouldn't think they would be. Was it enough damage done?

We will do our thing, one game at a time....but I wouldn't say they are not capable of putting a lot of wins in a row to pressure our lead right to the end, especially if they beat us on Thursday night.
If they lose however....
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1893 on: December 31, 2018, 12:11:34 pm »
Did Brendan pursue the inverse i.e. the players were fitter for the second half of the season ? I remember that being the case in both 12-13 and 13-14.

He did, which is usually the right way to go. Klopp was able to do it differently in Germany because the schedule is that little bit less gruelling than here and the winter break sorts out most issues. He has made adjustments to his approach every season (remember the rotation for the fab 4 last December?) leading to the slightly reserved "tyre management mode" style we've seen in many matches this season.

It's actually amazing how full throttle we have been in December considering the number of games we have had - it's almost as if we planned to do this in the toughest period of the year  ;)

I'm guessing one more full throttle performance then we will dial back a bit again for the next 5 weeks to recover.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #1894 on: December 31, 2018, 12:26:40 pm »
We are in an amazing position, no matter what happens on Thursday, but those saying a win and it's all over I think are going too far.  City were 8 points behind in April and still managed to come back and win it.  We will be 2 games in to a whole half of a season.

Optimism is great, so if that's your jam go for it.  But it'll be a bit early for me to start printing champions banners...
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1895 on: December 31, 2018, 12:33:10 pm »
Have heard a few shouts about City being weak mentally etc. (I may even have said it in the past?  )

But I don't know....they fought back to win on the last day against United, fought back in 13/14 to win it after losing against us....and many of those players are still there so they have it within them.

Granted, in some one-off games in CL they crumbled against us, but even last season when they got torn apart at Anfield they came back strong in the league. In the past couple of weeks though, losing three times.....especially to Crystal Palace at home and Leicester away....is the first time ive seen them properly rocked when you wouldn't think they would be. Was it enough damage done?

We will do our thing, one game at a time....but I wouldn't say they are not capable of putting a lot of wins in a row to pressure our lead right to the end, especially if they beat us on Thursday night.
If they lose however....

I know what you mean.  My answer is when they beat United to the title they were a lot leaner and hungrier for the success; United were a bit jaded.  Now it's City who have become a bit jaded - last season may in retrospect have been the worst thing for them because too many teams just rolled over and didn't offer them a fight.

I think they can rediscover that fighting form; the question is whether they will in time?  In 13/14 we found incredible form but the damage had already been done really; in the end we pushed ourselves to breaking point and our quality was just lacking.  City certainly have the quality, but they'll be counting on us to slip up.  If we don't then that's it, but hell it could be a real battle between us and them next season.

But that's thinking too far ahead.  If we want to think about what it might take for us to win the title this season, the closest analogy I can see is 87-88.  In a 40 game season we were W26 D12 L2.  That included a 29 game unbeaten run, finishing 20 points above 4th placed Everton and 9 points above 2nd place Man United.

So do the math - 18 games remaining and we need to win at LEAST 9 and go the whole season unbeaten to get 90 points, our 87-88 total.  In all honest though, I'd say we need 12 wins from our last 18 games.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #1896 on: December 31, 2018, 12:33:22 pm »
We are in an amazing position, no matter what happens on Thursday, but those saying a win and it's all over I think are going too far.  City were 8 points behind in April and still managed to come back and win it.  We will be 2 games in to a whole half of a season.

Optimism is great, so if that's your jam go for it.  But it'll be a bit early for me to start printing champions banners...
Is correct.
No race is won at the halfway mark
Heed the boss

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1897 on: December 31, 2018, 12:55:40 pm »
I know what you mean.  My answer is when they beat United to the title they were a lot leaner and hungrier for the success; United were a bit jaded.  Now it's City who have become a bit jaded - last season may in retrospect have been the worst thing for them because too many teams just rolled over and didn't offer them a fight.

I think they can rediscover that fighting form; the question is whether they will in time?  In 13/14 we found incredible form but the damage had already been done really; in the end we pushed ourselves to breaking point and our quality was just lacking.  City certainly have the quality, but they'll be counting on us to slip up.

By god I hope you're right!

We agree they have the quality, I am a little less-sure that they lack the fight for it though. Atleast not at the moment, given there are a fair few amount of games to go...as you say they will be counting on us to drop points so hopefully yes, the damage is done and we maintain a form that is good enough to take the title away from any challenger

« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 01:04:18 pm by just redk84 will do »
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1898 on: December 31, 2018, 01:07:26 pm »
To be fair, Klavan wanted more game time. I think he'd still be here otherwise.
Wow! I completely forgot about Klavan!
I didn't even have time to think about him.

Anyway, I wish him good luck, the big fella. Did a job when he was asked to, but we have everything we need now.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1899 on: December 31, 2018, 01:17:10 pm »
City were 8 points behind in April and still managed to come back and win it.

You are right, City still wouldn't be out of it even was a huge deficit to make up. But, the big difference when City was 8 points off United is they had a game with United which they won. After our game, they won't have the opportunity to directly influence our games as we would have played them twice.
Whatever happens on Thursday there is still a long way to go.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #1900 on: December 31, 2018, 01:33:55 pm »
He did, which is usually the right way to go. Klopp was able to do it differently in Germany because the schedule is that little bit less gruelling than here and the winter break sorts out most issues. He has made adjustments to his approach every season (remember the rotation for the fab 4 last December?) leading to the slightly reserved "tyre management mode" style we've seen in many matches this season.

It's actually amazing how full throttle we have been in December considering the number of games we have had - it's almost as if we planned to do this in the toughest period of the year  ;)

I'm guessing one more full throttle performance then we will dial back a bit again for the next 5 weeks to recover.

It certainly is staggering given that City and Spurs are looking more and more knackered. I agree with you that we haven't fallen upon this golden formula by sheer luck, it's certainly by design. Of course, it's become rather blasé to state this but the main difference between previous years and this season is that the team no longer have to worry about hijinks in the defence cancelling out the good work by the forward line. We can afford to ease through games after scoring a goal or two.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1901 on: December 31, 2018, 02:12:39 pm »
By god I hope you're right!

We agree they have the quality, I am a little less-sure that they lack the fight for it though. Atleast not at the moment, given there are a fair few amount of games to go...as you say they will be counting on us to drop points so hopefully yes, the damage is done and we maintain a form that is good enough to take the title away from any challenger

City are more than capable of going on a run. From a tactical perspective they can either play for the draw and hope we slip up, or play for the win, which could play into our hands?

Regardless of the result against us, they could go on a 10 game winning streak, in which case it's up to us not to crack.

That said, a loss to us would make it four defeats in six games for them. That would devastate team morale.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #1902 on: December 31, 2018, 02:24:47 pm »
This City are arguably the best team in the premiership era, no way this is over, even if we win.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1903 on: December 31, 2018, 02:33:47 pm »
From the Beeb:

As if all that wasn't enough, Liverpool became the first team to win all seven Premier League games in December - notoriously a particularly difficult month given fixture congestion. Manchester City, who achieved a record tally of 100 points last season, came close in 2017-18 but after six straight victories drew with Crystal Palace on New Year's Eve.
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1904 on: December 31, 2018, 02:35:21 pm »
This City are arguably the best team in the premiership era, no way this is over, even if we win.

They are, but what does that say about this Liverpool team?

How many points were we behind them on New Year's Eve last year? 

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1905 on: December 31, 2018, 02:37:57 pm »

Nah, it's over if we win. They'd need to play the rest of the season at around 100 point pace and we'd need to drop to around 4th-5th place pace for them to overhaul us, that's just not happening.

Infact, if we win I expect we'll extend even further away, they'll just quit on the season and go for the CL.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1906 on: December 31, 2018, 02:41:12 pm »
While they may be the "best team in the premiership era", let's not forget that over the last 38 games, we're level with them on points at 88, with them edging it on a 2-goal GD.

We're on a par with them and we're not even as strong as them individually. Now that, is what I call the best team in the premiership era.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1907 on: December 31, 2018, 02:42:59 pm »
Where is this chasing pack this thread speaks of?

Let’s look at the evidence after Thursday
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Online harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1908 on: December 31, 2018, 02:43:03 pm »
A win for us means they need a 4 result swing over the next half a season. That's big in the context of this season.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1909 on: December 31, 2018, 02:45:19 pm »
While they may be the "best team in the premiership era", let's not forget that over the last 38 games, we're level with them on points at 88, with them edging it on a 2-goal GD.

We're on a par with them and we're not even as strong as them individually. Now that, is what I call the best team in the premiership era.

I'd argue we have a better back 5 individually, it's pretty even up front and their midfield is better, but ours seems to be deeper.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1910 on: December 31, 2018, 02:47:27 pm »
Nah, it's over if we win.
No it isn't. It's over when it's mathematically impossible for them to catch up.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1911 on: December 31, 2018, 02:49:30 pm »
I'd argue we have a better back 5 individually, it's pretty even up front and their midfield is better, but ours seems to be deeper.
Yeah what I mean is overall. We don't have the quality of a Fernandinho or Silva, although we have players who can come close.
Also in reserve, we're not as strong as them individually. Take Jesus for example- and that's only 1.

At the back, we piss all over them, but that's it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 02:51:57 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #1912 on: December 31, 2018, 02:50:43 pm »
This is interesting because with my admittedly unlearned eyes, especially at the game, I always felt the team was particularly ‘leggy’ in the opening months of this season... in fact the zip and fizz in our play has only returned in recent weeks. The apparent slowness and legginess didn’t effect results but it was certainly tangible. Perhaps this was tactical or maybe conditioning?

It's a fair point.
I feel maybe that derby win was the turning point; that injection of belief that helped our performances afterwards (winning every league game & beating Napoli)
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #1913 on: December 31, 2018, 02:54:59 pm »
I think the point is we'd have to lose 3 and draw 1 / or draw 5 more than City in the last 17 games (also assuming they overtake our GD).

I don't see that happening - hopefully!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 02:56:42 pm by Tony18:5 »
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1914 on: December 31, 2018, 02:55:26 pm »
Every game is vital and important, but we've played most of the tough away fixtures already in this first part of the season. We have City[A],Everton[A],United[A], left. I am sure all of other other clubs fighting for relegation will be difficult to play against away from home but the toughest ones for the most part we've already played which is great considering our home record.

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1915 on: December 31, 2018, 02:58:51 pm »
One game at a time. Simple as that. One game at a time. A win or a draw in Manchester and that’s a big step but it is still only 3 points. I try not to look at the fixtures. A positive result and we have gotten a step closer but that’s all.  Once we get this game over us we can worry about the next one. One game at a time. 

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #1916 on: December 31, 2018, 02:59:22 pm »
Simon Brundish has been mentioning all season how much less we are running this season up to this month. Almost every team were outrunning us and by quite a margin too.

Has he thrown up any stats? I'd like to see the difference for the team/certain players.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #1917 on: December 31, 2018, 03:08:59 pm »
One game at a time. Simple as that. One game at a time. A win or a draw in Manchester and that’s a big step but it is still only 3 points. I try not to look at the fixtures. A positive result and we have gotten a step closer but that’s all.  Once we get this game over us we can worry about the next one. One game at a time.

It's not just one game. If we get the 3 points on Thursday it would be massive. We can lose and still have a great chance, but if we win we are 10 clear of City, 9 clear of Spurs with 17 games left. This is probably our most important league game in the last 30 years for what it could mean if we win.

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1918 on: December 31, 2018, 03:12:11 pm »
It's not just one game. If we get the 3 points on Thursday it would be massive. We can lose and still have a great chance, but if we win we are 10 clear of City, 9 clear of Spurs with 17 games left. This is probably our most important league game in the last 30 years for what it could mean if we win.

I agree. I’m more saying about future games. Focus on one game at a time and we will win it and that’s a fact. If we win on Thursday we won’t be handed the trophy. We are closer but there’s still not title won. As someone posted above City were 8 behind in April before and won the title. We need to be in the one game at a time mindset and look no further than that

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #1919 on: December 31, 2018, 03:12:56 pm »
This is definitely not just another 3 points
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.