Author Topic: Hicks calls for Parry's resignation  (Read 103287 times)

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
Re: Hicks calls for Parry's resignation
« Reply #400 on: April 10, 2008, 05:08:24 pm »
Shocked by this
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool exclusive on SSN at 4pm
« Reply #401 on: April 10, 2008, 05:08:27 pm »
Heard some finance analyst on talksports just now giving his tuppence worth.

He stated what we already knew, about Hicks employing Merill Lynch etc. He said Merill Lynch is to raise enough finance for him to buy out Gillett, and this he says will be done in 3 ways, essentially inviting investors (could be venture capitalists, etc) to come in. If however, he does not manage to match DIC's offer within 90 days, then Gillett will sell to DIC. I post this simply because of the 90 days clause. Is it a reality or not?

Having calmed down just a little, I think this release of standing down by DIC was orchestrated between DIC, Gillett and Parry/Moore, and they are tightening the screw on Hicks.

Please don't shout at me if any of you think I'm talking/thinking rot. I am very fragile today.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #402 on: April 10, 2008, 05:08:38 pm »
The bloke talking on SSN just hit some nails on the head there
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline gillp

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #403 on: April 10, 2008, 05:08:41 pm »
Just said on the BBC that Hicks asked Parry to resign as he thought he was siding with Gillett. Parry said he will carry on at LFC.

Hicks blaming Rafa is either piss-poor management or part of a bigger game plan.

Offline LFC Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: April 10, 2008, 05:08:48 pm »
Really? On what grounds? I know this is old ground, but I think Gillet is a weasel that has done nothing for LFC. At least Hicks has the ambition to want a good quality stadium and commercial operation. All Gillet has done is ring Jeurgan Klinsmann.

Hicks is no good guy.  Look at what he's done so far and you will see why he's such a c*nt.
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they don't know the game" - Bill Shankly

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: April 10, 2008, 05:09:01 pm »
About time. Good decision.

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: April 10, 2008, 05:09:31 pm »

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: April 10, 2008, 05:09:41 pm »
That account for Parry looking like someone just nicked his ice cream when he was sat next to Gillett at Anfield on tuesday

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: April 10, 2008, 05:09:49 pm »
Xerex and 4pool will agree with anything the American decides to do
   Perhaps they're hicks and gillet in disgiuse.

Offline jonty101

• but you might know him as Damien.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • fernando torres , liverpools no.9
« Reply #409 on: April 10, 2008, 05:09:52 pm »
How about this for a possible scenario.....

Hicks asks for Parry's resignation
Parry refuses
Georgie-Boy backs Parry
Hicks Spits dummy :  "I can't work with Georgie-Boys Board"
Hicks Sell his 50%
Georgie Sells : But probably not his full 50%

Any takers ?

that would be ideal ;D

hopefully DIC will have a few meetings with george b4 they build a business partnership
and go for LFC ;D
add my ps3 ID jonty101 :)
Torres is the most overrated fuckin player I've ever seen. When he's not giving the ball away he's on his arse. How the fuck anyone can say he's worth 25 million is beyond me.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: April 10, 2008, 05:10:44 pm »
What next ground fuckin share?

Remember the day they took Hicks said Parry would resign if there was any talk of a groundshare.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline vanishingpoint

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #411 on: April 10, 2008, 05:11:14 pm »
Why won't DIC takeover of Parry is at the club?

You may remember January 07' when DIC bitterly criticised trying to do business with Parry using the description "amateur hour".

DIC woudn't keep Parry. Would Gillet keep DIC out for Parry though?
Reclaim LFC: First oust G&T and Purslow, sack Hodgson, shoe the anti-Rafa teds out of L4.

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: April 10, 2008, 05:11:24 pm »
Have no time for Parry, he should go but only once he's sorted the mess out that he helped create in the first place.

Impeccable timing once again from Tom Hicks.

Offline RedBoywonder

• The Big E
  • Legacy Fan
  • and could he play.....
« Reply #413 on: April 10, 2008, 05:11:51 pm »
He should have been shown the door months ago!
Justice for the 96.

Offline xerxes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: April 10, 2008, 05:11:53 pm »
Hicks is no good guy.  Look at what he's done so far and you will see why he's such a c*nt.

Maybe. But at least he does it in the open. Just because you can't see what Gillet does doesn't mean he isn't even worse.
Xerxes MBE

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool exclusive on SSN at 4pm
« Reply #415 on: April 10, 2008, 05:11:53 pm »
Good effort. Now we'll see what Gillett is made of I think.

With all the talk about Ian Ayre being Hicks yes man and being able to swing 50-50 decisions, then surely if Parry is in bed with Gillett then Hicks is now as powerless as Gillett would have been.

Clutching at straws here but I hope Hicks has done this knowing that Parry wouldnt go and GG wouldnt push him. Hicks comes out and says "well I cant work my magic with this, so I'm off".  Saves face, makes a profit, and lets him gob off about how great it could have been if it wasnt for those pesky scousers.

I suspect that parry has known about this for a little while, or at least suspected it...so when gillette sat with parry last game, gillette was showing then what he is made of...the most public support.... further, for parry to refuse to stand down can only be done if gillette, the other 50%, agrees and supports parrys refusal... so when parry refuses, george has effectively "spoken".
 all in all, just another brick in the wall.

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #416 on: April 10, 2008, 05:12:04 pm »
Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has written to the club's chief executive Rick Parry calling for him to resign.

Hicks is thought to feel that Parry is siding with co-owner George Gillett in the club's ongoing power struggle.

The latest twist comes on the same day that Dubai International Capital announced it was ending its interest in the club until the saga is resolved.

BBC Sport understands Parry is highly unlikely to resign and that Hicks lacks boardroom support for his shock move.

In a brief statement, Parry, who has yet to see the letter, said: "It is my intention to remain focused on the job of serving Liverpool Football Club to the best of my abilities at this very important time of our season."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7341190.stm

Offline RobbiesLeftPeg

• Main Stander
« Reply #417 on: April 10, 2008, 05:12:22 pm »
that would be ideal ;D

hopefully DIC will have a few meetings with george before they build a business partnership
and go for LFC ;D

I'd bet they've already had meeting. This is part of the plan, as was GG attedance Tues. Sitting next to Parry Tues. DIC announment today......

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: April 10, 2008, 05:12:27 pm »
Xerex and 4pool will agree with anything the American decides to do

I am convinced they are part of the Hicks entourage.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Simon C

• witty wording
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tries to post intelligently and normally fails..
« Reply #419 on: April 10, 2008, 05:12:33 pm »
that would be ideal ;D

hopefully DIC will have a few meetings with george before they build a business partnership
and go for LFC ;D
Would be ideal, unfortunatley won't happen in a million years.

We just seem to lurch from one crisis to another, one thing we shouldn't loose sight of this the fantastic job Rafa and the players are doing, while this shit storm blows around them.

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #420 on: April 10, 2008, 05:12:52 pm »
its a measure of Hicks cuntishness that im siding with someone like rick parry over him

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: April 10, 2008, 05:13:03 pm »
Really? On what grounds? I know this is old ground, but I think Gillet is a weasel that has done nothing for LFC. At least Hicks has the ambition to want a good quality stadium and commercial operation. All Gillet has done is ring Jeurgan Klinsmann.

Not sure you have your facts straight...

This request can only be the result of the following situation and it's about boardroom control. Nothing to do with football or even fucking revenue (if it was revenue the commercial director would get it...)

Gillett & Hicks have 50/50 share, the CEO gets the casting vote in big decisions where the two parties cannot agree. Presently they can't agree on much. Parry, for all his many short-comings, can see what Hicks is upto (it was he & Moores that stopped all the debt accrued in purchasing the club being put back on the club during the re-financing in February) and he (Parry) doesn't like what Hicks is trying to do.

Hicks cannot sack Parry as he has no substantive grounds, and besides, Gillett won't allow it as he doesn't want Hicks to get his own "yes-man" on board.

Parry has to sit tight until the ownership is resolved (i.e. Hicks has gone). I then expect that the new owners will pay him off, especially in the now seemingly unlikely event that it's DIC as he fucked them around so royally in their negotiations.
@ManifoldReasons

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: April 10, 2008, 05:13:08 pm »
How the fuck he has the audacity to put this on Benitez. I am fucking livid.

Offline Wyl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: April 10, 2008, 05:13:27 pm »
Is this merely a Hicks PR stunt?

Hicks wants to get rid of the unpopular Parry (lets face it he's hardly the most popular figure around here, he was instrumental in Moores selling to G+H instead of DIC, is blamed for transfer messes and ticket allocations) But Hicks can't do this though because Gillett isn't in agreement
= Hicks looks like the good guy

Unfortunately for Hicks though anything he wants the fans will oppose as it's seen as him tightening his control of the club. 

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: April 10, 2008, 05:13:56 pm »
its a measure of Hicks cuntishness that im siding with someone like rick parry over him
Cuntishness , a great word !!!

Offline xerxes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: April 10, 2008, 05:14:06 pm »
I am convinced they are part of the Hicks entourage.

I've been here a lot longer than Hicks. I just think that now the family silver has been sold, we don't have many better options.
Xerxes MBE

Offline Wyl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: April 10, 2008, 05:14:09 pm »
How the fuck he has the audacity to put this on Benitez. I am fucking livid.

He is a c*nt, I think we've had that fact down for a while now

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: April 10, 2008, 05:14:09 pm »
Great timing. What a fucked up season this has been.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline amsterdam red

• Main Stander
« Reply #428 on: April 10, 2008, 05:14:35 pm »
Gotta hand it to Hicks though,.... he never fails to surprise me. (and im sure im not the only one)

On a (otherwise) wonderful week it only goes to show what a total lack of connection he has with me,... fans,... LFC... or football in general!  He treats us like we're some fucking strategic computergame!!

Would he even know tuesdays result?

Argh!

:butt

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: April 10, 2008, 05:14:41 pm »
Don't particularly want to see Parry out until there're new owners... it would seem that he's one of the ones up there trying to sort the shit he put us in.

Hating this fat Hicks c*nt more and more, he's turned us into a circus with his fucking friend.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline T-1000

• Legacy Fan
  • "I am focused on training and coaching my team"
« Reply #430 on: April 10, 2008, 05:14:50 pm »
You may remember January 07' when DIC bitterly criticised trying to do business with Parry using the description "amateur hour".

DIC woudn't keep Parry. Would Gillet keep DIC out for Parry though?
For goodness sake get a grip!! If DIC came in it would be logical that they would bring in their own management structure. Gillett probably couldn't give a toss if DIC wanted to sack Parry because it would be their club. Parry stays for the time being to oppose Hicks - thats what we need right now - to prevent conman Hicks from trying to establish more control
.....where once we watched the King Kenny play

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: April 10, 2008, 05:14:51 pm »
"focused on the job" do you think he's echoing Rafa's comments when he went all tracksuit earlier?

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #432 on: April 10, 2008, 05:15:03 pm »
Not sure you have your facts straight...

This request can only be the result of the following situation and it's about boardroom control. Nothing to do with football or even fucking revenue (if it was revenue the commercial director would get it...)

Gillett & Hicks have 50/50 share, the CEO gets the casting vote in big decisions where the two parties cannot agree. Presently they can't agree on much. Parry, for all his many short-comings, can see what Hicks is upto (it was he & Moores that stopped all the debt accrued in purchasing the club being put back on the club during the re-financing in February) and he (Parry) doesn't like what Hicks is trying to do.

Hicks cannot sack Parry as he has no substantive grounds, and besides, Gillett won't allow it as he doesn't want Hicks to get his own "yes-man" on board.

Parry has to sit tight until the ownership is resolved (i.e. Hicks has gone). I then expect that the new owners will pay him off, especially in the now seemingly unlikely event that it's DIC as he fucked them around so royally in their negotiations.

Exactly! Good post

Offline RedJam70

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #433 on: April 10, 2008, 05:15:14 pm »
Oh FFS! Why now so, close to the end of the season and why, oh why make it so bloody public. Aren't we in the news enough already for non-football reasons! Bastards.

I think most want Parry gone but Hicks is the priority and with the rumours that it was him and Moores that were making life difficult for Hicks in the boardroom, we need him to stay in the short term. Glad to hear Parry's told him to fuck off. Wonder if Gillett will say something yet.

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: April 10, 2008, 05:15:21 pm »
Great timing. What a fucked up season this has been.
....That will end with us lifting number 6 in moscow.....every cloud and all that.

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #435 on: April 10, 2008, 05:15:50 pm »
I've been here a lot longer than Hicks. I just think that now the family silver has been sold, we don't have many better options.

I got 1 good option for you and 4pool; but I refuse to use bad language

Offline M.A.G.M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: April 10, 2008, 05:16:03 pm »
What next ground fuckin share?

Remember the day they took Hicks said Parry would resign if there was any talk of a groundshare.

If it makes an extra buck, why not? He clearly doesn't give a shit about what we think, Satan has no values and only worships the dollar.
"I am awake at 4am designing a team. The selection? It's Javier Mascherano and 10 more." Maradona

Offline Drunknmunky

• Kopite
« Reply #437 on: April 10, 2008, 05:16:03 pm »
'DIC shelving plans to buy Liverpool'

On SSN now aswell.

Offline LFC-Dan

• one of the worst here!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: April 10, 2008, 05:16:05 pm »
Whether Parry bought the pricks to the club in the first place or not, you can't blame the lad for it turning out like this, he did it with the clubs best interests at heart, he wasnt to know it would be this bad.  Glad he's come out to say he's stayin.

I wouldnt say this is the last of the twists in our off the field problems, theres bound to be more, long term it completely fucks the club over which I dont even want to contemplate or even think about but there sadly is a big chance.

We need to get these fucks out of the club and someone more wealthy who can sort the debt out and take the club onto the next level before its too late!!

God know what the fat c*nt Hicks will come up with next, he'll probably call for Torres' head or somethin.
Justice for the 96

Offline LFC Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: April 10, 2008, 05:16:08 pm »
Maybe. But at least he does it in the open. Just because you can't see what Gillet does doesn't mean he isn't even worse.

You've got to understand that I'm not saying Gillett is good either.  He's a stupid c*nt too and hopefully they will both leave.   All I said earlier was that if one Yank went first, I'd prefer it to be Hicks.
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they don't know the game" - Bill Shankly