Author Topic: SM on the QT  (Read 136158 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: SM on the QT
« Reply #1400 on: February 21, 2018, 03:45:25 pm »
These services which use private facebook groups as a way of organising etc.  I don't want to be on facebook, and have no intention of setting up an account for any reason.  In this situation, is there any other means of obtaining and paying for the service, or am I out of luck?  Getting fed up of the price of the sky sports on NowTV just for 1/2 matches a week I am interested in, and looking for a replacement so I can switch.

I'll ask in the group mate.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1401 on: February 21, 2018, 03:47:55 pm »
These services which use private facebook groups as a way of organising etc.  I don't want to be on facebook, and have no intention of setting up an account for any reason.  In this situation, is there any other means of obtaining and paying for the service, or am I out of luck?  Getting fed up of the price of the sky sports on NowTV just for 1/2 matches a week I am interested in, and looking for a replacement so I can switch.
Certain ones you will need to go by facebook but others you won't need and some of those you need FB if you require 'support'. Do you have a firestick, box, smart tv? (what do you plan watching on?).

Online Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1402 on: February 21, 2018, 05:06:51 pm »
Certain ones you will need to go by facebook but others you won't need and some of those you need FB if you require 'support'. Do you have a firestick, box, smart tv? (what do you plan watching on?).

I do have a fire stick (but thats usually at my mates for reasons), so other than that I always watch tv through my desktop which I have hooked up through my PC.  I already have a VPN service, which I use on my PC, and can apply to the router if necessary; ditto for when at friend's and using the fire stick.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1403 on: February 21, 2018, 05:34:38 pm »
They've only been going since November or something so hoping to get a good year out of them at least.
That's not too bad then, doubt they will get too big before your year is up.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1404 on: February 21, 2018, 07:12:58 pm »
I do have a fire stick (but thats usually at my mates for reasons), so other than that I always watch tv through my desktop which I have hooked up through my PC.  I already have a VPN service, which I use on my PC, and can apply to the router if necessary; ditto for when at friend's and using the fire stick.
See what Barney says then, as you'll only need to visit FB once, if they can find a workaround that you should be fine. Alternative if they can't help is a different provider with no having to go through FB which one or two here can help you with im sure.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #1405 on: February 23, 2018, 07:12:41 am »
I don't want FB either but I'm looking for good under the radar services too. I have one at the moment but would really like a backup or two.

How do I go about finding good providers on.my own? Someone sent a Reddit link but it's needle in a haystack to find the good ones.

I will be forever grateful to each who helps me along.  Feel free to pm. 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 08:08:37 am by Groundskeeper Willie »
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1406 on: February 23, 2018, 09:30:42 am »
Asked on the support group about getting a sub without a Facebook account. You can indeed. Also said that they won't be on facebook soon anyway. I'll PM the couple of guys I see querying that with the link.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1407 on: February 23, 2018, 12:36:11 pm »
Asked on the support group about getting a sub without a Facebook account. You can indeed. Also said that they won't be on facebook soon anyway. I'll PM the couple of guys I see querying that with the link.
what do you think about the comments regarding 'growing the business' and asking people to share/resell?  is only going to go one way isn't ?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1408 on: February 23, 2018, 01:30:11 pm »
what do you think about the comments regarding 'growing the business' and asking people to share/resell?  is only going to go one way isn't ?

Inevitably it will, just like every other one will. But I don't think they're big enough yet for the authorities to chase them so I'm just happy I've got a reliable one for the next load of months. None of these are going to last forever.

A reseller account may have been beneficial to me a fortnight ago before I referred you guys  ;D

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1409 on: February 23, 2018, 01:39:25 pm »
None of these are going to last forever.

LOF has been around for a decade to be fair.

Word of mouth, referrals, reselling, keeping off of Facebook/public social media shite, not sure why it's so hard for these other services to maintain that.

:D

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1410 on: February 23, 2018, 02:27:37 pm »

Word of mouth, referrals, reselling, keeping off of Facebook/public social media shite, not sure why it's so hard for these other services to maintain that.

LOF? Drop a pm please. :)
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Glass Kites

• Anny Roader
  • 5x
    • Blog
« Reply #1411 on: February 23, 2018, 02:30:59 pm »
My SM expired a few months back - I'm assuming they're still only accepting bitcoin payments?  :(

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1412 on: February 23, 2018, 02:33:29 pm »

They don't do IPtv though. They are just web streams. Not used them this year for first time ever.

Online Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1413 on: February 23, 2018, 04:45:08 pm »
LOF? Drop a pm please. :)

They haven't done sign ups for as long as I can remember.

247/Plus1 HD have been around for over 5 years though, no new sign ups there but they made another for newcomers: www.bigseason.tv It will be Bitcoin though.

Online Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1414 on: February 23, 2018, 04:46:33 pm »
They don't do IPtv though. They are just web streams. Not used them this year for first time ever.

Are you talking about an IPTV receiver? Because they have always had Kodi.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1415 on: February 23, 2018, 07:03:50 pm »
You've done extremely well if you have LOF and not had to use it for a year, it's an essential back up for me

Online JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1416 on: February 24, 2018, 10:48:57 am »
How much ballache is it to get bitcoin, lads?

Might have to dive in and get some and FL seems to be unreliable now and have only got LOF and that, so will renew on SM.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1417 on: February 24, 2018, 10:55:18 am »
Thanks for all the suggestions. I have 3 subs now so should be good for the rest of the season.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1418 on: February 24, 2018, 11:18:57 am »
How much ballache is it to get bitcoin, lads?

Might have to dive in and get some and FL seems to be unreliable now and have only got LOF and that, so will renew on SM.

having used both, and with the ball-ache of bitcoin aside, there's no way id choose SM over FL....FL has had a couple of issues this year as you'd expect due to the nature of the beast - but my overall experience of it has been top of the shop
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #1419 on: February 24, 2018, 12:43:49 pm »
Feel daft having paid for a 3 month FL sub. I can't remember using it on a matchday without having problems.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1420 on: February 24, 2018, 02:06:36 pm »
I switched to a monthly sub on FL as it is quite good when it works. 7 a month I can live with a not perfect service.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1421 on: February 24, 2018, 03:35:30 pm »
Vader is down. Was a little bit ropey yesterday as well. Hope it's not a sign of things to come.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1422 on: February 24, 2018, 05:16:58 pm »
Floorless didn't miss a beat today, tried my other sub alongside it on my phone and that seemed to work fine although I only tried it here and there as I had the rugby on  mostly.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1423 on: February 24, 2018, 06:04:57 pm »
Floormore seemed fine today. Except it was missing the epl section so had to go through the American sport channel section

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1424 on: February 24, 2018, 07:10:45 pm »
Floormore seemed fine today. Except it was missing the epl section so had to go through the American sport channel section
Epl was on mine mate.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1425 on: February 24, 2018, 08:10:23 pm »
I had the rugby on  mostly.
How did that work out?

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1426 on: February 25, 2018, 12:02:45 pm »

What device and method/software did you use?
The Kodi add on gives an error for me and I was getting site down for maintenance in the browser.

Although I haven't used it for a good few weeks, so there .at have been changed I hadn't implemented.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1427 on: February 25, 2018, 12:23:09 pm »
The Kodi add on gives an error for me and I was getting site down for maintenance in the browser.

Although I haven't used it for a good few weeks, so there .at have been changed I hadn't implemented.

I used perfect player on the shield. They updated the links recently so you need to re add the url's

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1428 on: February 25, 2018, 02:22:43 pm »

Make sure that you repo/source address is up to date,if it is click to install the repo zip again.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1429 on: February 25, 2018, 03:11:46 pm »
Floorless seems to be down
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1430 on: February 25, 2018, 03:15:01 pm »
It does seem that way. Only a few more days till my sub expires

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #1431 on: February 25, 2018, 03:15:07 pm »
Floorless seems to be down
Again. It's good when it works, but it never works when there is a game on that I'm interested in. At least recently. Pointless.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1432 on: February 25, 2018, 03:38:08 pm »
Back now

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #1433 on: March 3, 2018, 02:10:08 pm »
Again. It's good when it works, but it never works when there is a game on that I'm interested in. At least recently. Pointless.
Every weekend like clockwork. Won't be renewing.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #1434 on: March 4, 2018, 06:28:45 am »
Every weekend like clockwork. Won't be renewing.

It was off yesterday morning for server maintenance but was fine for the ev game. Its worth paying for a backup supplier though.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #1435 on: March 4, 2018, 11:05:02 am »
Lot of talk about FL on here. Anyone still using SM? Works for me with a VPN.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1436 on: March 4, 2018, 11:48:43 am »
Lot of talk about FL on here. Anyone still using SM? Works for me with a VPN.
no, couldn't be arsed with the Bitcoin shite, would go back if they worked that out
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1437 on: March 4, 2018, 12:40:30 pm »
Yeah I don't use sm anymore either. Can't be bothered with Bitcoin. Maybe they might find an alternative at some point in the future. I did think on the whole sm was the best service. They always had the Liverpool games on pretty much right after they had finished so if you want the match you could watch it back as soon as you got in (it's what I do :D )

The constant vpn was an issue too though I guess.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #1438 on: March 4, 2018, 07:51:24 pm »
I ditched sm ages ago cos of the bitcoin debacle. FL started well but has been shite for me.
Went to globalls who have been fantastic... and the cheapest on the scene.
Current offer for new members £25 for the year. (£45 normally). Literally the best I've used.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1439 on: March 5, 2018, 09:57:53 am »
I ditched sm ages ago cos of the bitcoin debacle. FL started well but has been shite for me.
Went to globalls who have been fantastic... and the cheapest on the scene.
Current offer for new members £25 for the year. (£45 normally). Literally the best I've used.

Can you pm the details for this sign up please? Sick of FL