Author Topic: SM on the QT  (Read 136150 times)

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
Re: SM on the QT
« Reply #1360 on: February 14, 2018, 09:51:06 pm »
Got great service from Four less on the GSE app once they got the fix done.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1361 on: February 14, 2018, 11:37:36 pm »
Gave up floorless a few months ago. Was decent then (sounds like theres problems now) but there's better out there. Don't know why but a lot of people seem to stick with one provider for far too long. If it starts shitting the bed get out when your sub is up.

It takes about half an hour to find another one.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1362 on: February 15, 2018, 10:22:36 am »
Everyone basically jumped from SM to FL so the authorities just switched their attention from one to the other. SM got that a FB page ain't the best idea and moved to a forum but wmthe damage was done by then. FL didn't learn from that mistake did they.
SM are still going strong though, yes you need a VPN but appear to have relatively few problems. The biggest issue there is the Bitcoin payments
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1363 on: February 15, 2018, 11:14:11 am »
SM are still going strong though, yes you need a VPN but appear to have relatively few problems. The biggest issue there is the Bitcoin payments

I was one of the lucky ones to get a 6 month sub when the option of card payment opened up for a week.

And yeah it’s been rock solid.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #1364 on: February 15, 2018, 04:20:41 pm »
Gave up floorless a few months ago. Was decent then (sounds like theres problems now) but there's better out there. Don't know why but a lot of people seem to stick with one provider for far too long. If it starts shitting the bed get out when your sub is up.

It takes about half an hour to find another one.

Sent you a pm.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1365 on: February 15, 2018, 07:15:24 pm »
Wouldn't know as nobody posts about them anymore [emoji23]

How can FL sort the no vpn issues but SM can't?

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1366 on: February 15, 2018, 09:52:45 pm »
Have received a good few pm's that I have already replied to but just want to add that reddit is a good place to check out reviews https://www.reddit.com/r/IPTVReviews/

As mentioned in those replies I use a Vader re seller. One thing I would add is that the device you use is very important. I have two boxes and the fire tv works way better than the minix box I sometimes have to use. As far as I know they develop the apps etc on shield and fire devices so that's what I would recommend.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1367 on: February 15, 2018, 10:51:35 pm »
Fire TV box is the most solid device I've ever used.

Had it for about 14 months now and just deals with what I throw at it, no signs of slowing up.

Got a T95m I've had for about 16 months and it's on its arse now, locks up all the time and needs nursing to work, my Fire just works mostly, the odd reset now and again.

Gen 2 box btw.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 10:53:40 pm by tedmus »

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1368 on: February 16, 2018, 06:09:38 am »
I've used the fire tv box at the mother in laws...does seem solid. I used to only ever have a firestick and as good as it is for a little device it was pretty slow at times and even worse with terrarium tv.

Got the second gen shield now and it's a beast. The only slight drawback is that not all apps are on the store, so it can take some time getting it how you want it set up. But in terms of performance it's fucking lightning

Offline qwerty_in_advance

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1369 on: February 16, 2018, 09:15:34 am »
Wouldn't know as nobody posts about them anymore [emoji23]

How can FL sort the no vpn issues but SM can't?

Sportsmania aren't trying to sort out the VPN issue. In fairness it isn't there issue it's yours. ISPs are blocking you accessing there servers during EPL games.
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1370 on: February 16, 2018, 08:42:59 pm »
Sportsmania aren't trying to sort out the VPN issue. In fairness it isn't there issue it's yours. ISPs are blocking you accessing there servers during EPL games.
well they've changed their minds then as they were supposedly weeks away from a new system when mine ran out at the beginning of December, all lies presumably!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1371 on: February 17, 2018, 08:26:57 am »
well they've changed their minds then as they were supposedly weeks away from a new system when mine ran out at the beginning of December, all lies presumably!

Weren't they implementing a fix for the VPN 'next weekend' for months?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1372 on: February 17, 2018, 05:43:57 pm »
Weren't they implementing a fix for the VPN 'next weekend' for months?
yep, from the first week of the season! Guess they've given up!

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1373 on: February 17, 2018, 10:15:41 pm »
FL on tiptop full HD form for the boxing  8)
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1374 on: February 17, 2018, 10:39:16 pm »
FL on tiptop full HD form for the boxing  8)
Still working for you? Mine worked sound up until it was just about to start then went off, I switched to my other sub with someone else and has been spot on, I've tried going back on to FL on my phone just to see if it worked and it came back on but went off again a minute later. No channels loading last I checked.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #1375 on: February 18, 2018, 10:16:28 am »

Had it for about 14 months now and just deals with what I throw at it, no signs of slowing up.

Got a T95m I've had for about 16 months and it's on its arse now, locks up all the time and needs nursing to work, my Fire just works mostly, the odd reset now and again.

Gen 2 box btw.
Question from thick bastard. Is the fire box basically a super duper firestick?
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1376 on: February 18, 2018, 10:18:44 am »
Question from thick bastard. Is the fire box basically a super duper firestick?

I use the firebox - what I like about it is that it connects via ethernet.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1377 on: February 18, 2018, 10:32:10 am »
Still working for you? Mine worked sound up until it was just about to start then went off, I switched to my other sub with someone else and has been spot on, I've tried going back on to FL on my phone just to see if it worked and it came back on but went off again a minute later. No channels loading last I checked.
their Facebook group has been swarmed by complaints again, your issue sounds exactly like the problems SM had around PPV events, it worked for some but not others etc. They kept denying their servers were overloaded too!

Glad I'm with a couple of different suppliers now, both who were perfect for the PPV

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #1378 on: February 18, 2018, 10:36:48 am »
I use the firebox - what I like about it is that it connects via ethernet.
Cheers mate will try and figure out whether that is advantageous to me because it looks like there are pros and cons which my limited brain is going to try and navigate through.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1379 on: February 18, 2018, 11:24:25 am »
Cheers mate will try and figure out whether that is advantageous to me because it looks like there are pros and cons which my limited brain is going to try and navigate through.
the fact it has double the RAM of the Firestick on its own makes it far superior for live streaming

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1380 on: February 18, 2018, 02:58:36 pm »
the fact it has double the RAM of the Firestick on its own makes it far superior for live streaming

I have never had a problem live streaming with the stick,it works just as well as my box.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1381 on: February 18, 2018, 03:39:54 pm »
their Facebook group has been swarmed by complaints again, your issue sounds exactly like the problems SM had around PPV events, it worked for some but not others etc. They kept denying their servers were overloaded too!

Glad I'm with a couple of different suppliers now, both who were perfect for the PPV
Yeah SM was just the same wasn't it, one fight it would work sound for some but not for others then vice versa got the next one. Tbf I was chopping and changing channels on FL and my new sub between Kodi/PP/GSE as I had just set them up on them all earlier so wanted to see if they were all working. If I'd of left it on the one source it might of stayed on the whole fight? After their servers going down they did say they weren't up to full capacity yet so maybe that's why the servers struggled last night.

On Perfect Player the two subs join together in the channel listings which is dead handy.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1382 on: February 18, 2018, 05:14:37 pm »
I have never had a problem live streaming with the stick,it works just as well as my box.
that maybe so but many have loads of issues and most of them are using a cheap box or a Firestick. My stick was fine too but nowhere near as slick as my box

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1383 on: February 18, 2018, 05:34:12 pm »

Gen 2 box btw.
Still using my T95m, works sound. Got another new box at Christmas but ended up keeping the T95m as the main box as it performed better. Need another one soon so think I will go for a fire TV next as no one ever has a bad word to say about them.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1384 on: February 18, 2018, 06:49:15 pm »
that maybe so but many have loads of issues and most of them are using a cheap box or a Firestick. My stick was fine too but nowhere near as slick as my box

First gen sticks maybe but not the 2nd gen,if people are having problems streaming live tv with the 2nd gen then it is either the source or the software they're using.Also if people are looking to use wifi then there's no better value than the Stick because the cheaper box only have 2.4g wifi.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1385 on: February 19, 2018, 10:37:05 am »
re fire tv and ethernet
the fire tv sold now doesn't have an ethernet connection, that was the previous generation
you have to buy this for ethernet
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Ethernet-Adaptor-Remote-models/dp/B01LXP5TXI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1519036478&sr=8-4&keywords=fire+tv

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1386 on: February 19, 2018, 11:05:31 am »
re fire tv and ethernet
the fire tv sold now doesn't have an ethernet connection, that was the previous generation
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Ethernet-Adaptor-Remote-models/dp/B01LXP5TXI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1519036478&sr=8-4&keywords=fire+tv

That's annoying.  They've only done that to make money.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1387 on: February 19, 2018, 12:50:12 pm »
re fire tv and ethernet
There was supposed to be a new higher end box on the way, sort of an Echo dot hybrid, I'd imagine that should have ethernet connectivity.

https://www.cnet.com/news/these-are-amazons-new-fire-tvs-report-says/

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1388 on: February 19, 2018, 01:17:36 pm »
There was supposed to be a new higher end box on the way, sort of an Echo dot hybrid, I'd imagine that should have ethernet connectivity.

https://www.cnet.com/news/these-are-amazons-new-fire-tvs-report-says/

yea read that somewhere before hopefully out soon as don't want the pendant model
the latest firetv goes straight into hdmi port like the stick apparently
but im like you I use the fire tv box and never had a problem

Online Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1389 on: February 20, 2018, 07:47:29 pm »
FL not working again, great. Can someone PM me an alternative please, preferably a provider who keeps things on the quiet so as to not draw attention to themselves.

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1390 on: February 20, 2018, 08:30:57 pm »
fl working perfectly here on vermin without VPN
ive heard few ips have blocked

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1391 on: February 20, 2018, 08:48:37 pm »
FL not working again, great. Can someone PM me an alternative please, preferably a provider who keeps things on the quiet so as to not draw attention to themselves.

PM me as well please.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1392 on: February 20, 2018, 09:51:48 pm »
I just sacked Fless off as it was all getting a bit messy. Quite a lot of disruption which seemed to have been increasing lately and some of the responses in the support group were bolshy as fuck. I know there are lots of bells complaining all the time, but a lot of people arent as sussed up as others and some of the replies/info coming out were a bit snotty.

I got a 48hr pass somewhere else and it worked well for the boxing at the weekend, and the golf in full HD was very good, so as my Fless sub expires tomorrow I've transferred across. Service seems excellent so far, but then again so did Fless at first so we'll see.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1393 on: February 20, 2018, 09:55:53 pm »
PM me as well please.

See my post below. These guys are on Facebook (not sure if they're anywhere else, but don't think so)
The group is private so doesn't show up on searches. You can add me on facebook and I'll ask request for you to be added to the group. PM me if you want.

If anyone wants a link to what I use PM me. Pretty much perfect since I got it. They're on Facebook and support is tremendous from what I have seen, even though I haven't had to use it.

Prices:

48 Hours Pass - £2

Full Package
1 Month - £9, Multiroom - £5
3 Months - £20, Multiroom - £10
6 Months - £35, Multiroom - £15
12 Months - £60, Multiroom - £20

Sports OR Entertainment Hosting
1 Month - £5, Multiroom - £5
3 Months - £10, Multiroom - £10
6 Months - £20, Multiroom - £15
12 Months - £30, Multiroom - £20

Available on firestick, Kodi, Android, Apple devices, Web TV etc

Just noticed the group settings have been changed. Can join by invite only so you'll need to add me as a friend on weirdbook and I'll request to get you added.

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #1394 on: February 20, 2018, 10:52:16 pm »
See my post below. These guys are on Facebook (not sure if they're anywhere else, but don't think so)
The group is private so doesn't show up on searches. You can add me on facebook and I'll ask request for you to be added to the group. PM me if you want.

Been great for me since I signed up, nice one mate.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1395 on: February 20, 2018, 11:05:04 pm »
Not sure I'd want to go to another supplier who has a FB group, whether it's private or not. FL was a private group after all.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1396 on: February 20, 2018, 11:59:46 pm »
Not sure I'd want to go to another supplier who has a FB group, whether it's private or not. FL was a private group after all.

They've only been going since November or something so hoping to get a good year out of them at least.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1397 on: February 21, 2018, 11:23:41 am »

Do you mind PM'ing me the name of the service provider you use? Do they take paypal?

I can't seem to send PMs at the moment, haven't got the auth code yet.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1398 on: February 21, 2018, 12:35:21 pm »
Do you mind PM'ing me the name of the service provider you use? Do they take paypal?

I can't seem to send PMs at the moment, haven't got the auth code yet.

See above mate. They don't show up on any searches. You should be able to PM now you have 50 posts.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1399 on: February 21, 2018, 03:43:28 pm »
These services which use private facebook groups as a way of organising etc.  I don't want to be on facebook, and have no intention of setting up an account for any reason.  In this situation, is there any other means of obtaining and paying for the service, or am I out of luck?  Getting fed up of the price of the sky sports on NowTV just for 1/2 matches a week I am interested in, and looking for a replacement so I can switch.