Author Topic: BBCi Player  (Read 2619 times)

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
BBCi Player
« on: February 7, 2015, 10:44:01 am »
So can anyone tell me how you can watch a program downloaded via BBC! player on the TV,via a usb stick?

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: BBCi Player
« Reply #1 on: February 7, 2015, 12:50:27 pm »
you'll need to find a program that will strip the DRM from the iplayer video, there seem to be a load of different ones about, i've not done it myself so can't recommend one
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 8, 2015, 11:16:01 pm »
you'll need to find a program that will strip the DRM from the iplayer video, there seem to be a load of different ones about, i've not done it myself so can't recommend one
Tried google but can't find a "free" DRM stripper,guess my missus will have to accept I cocked up and she will have to miss out on her "doctors" episode ;)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 8, 2015, 11:24:05 pm »
Use GetiPlayer, an app someone mentioned on here a while back...been good for me

http://tom-tech.com/iplayer_automator/iPlayer_Automator/Get_iPlayer_Automator.html
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 8, 2015, 11:56:45 pm »
Use GetiPlayer, an app someone mentioned on here a while back...been good for me

http://tom-tech.com/iplayer_automator/iPlayer_Automator/Get_iPlayer_Automator.html
I can watch iplayer no problem but that's on the computer,I can also download the programs but can't watch the via the TV which is what the missus wants...

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #5 on: February 9, 2015, 01:48:29 pm »
If you have player on an iPhone or iPad then you can download episodes/shows.  You can watch them offline and have something like 30 days to watch them.

We load up the iPad with shows if going on a trip with our son.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 9, 2015, 06:58:30 pm »
If you have player on an iPhone or iPad then you can download episodes/shows.  You can watch them offline and have something like 30 days to watch them.

We load up the iPad with shows if going on a trip with our son.
Yea I know that but I wanted to put them on a usb drive and watch them on the TV.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 9, 2015, 07:52:06 pm »
Yea I know that but I wanted to put them on a usb drive and watch them on the TV.

Yeah, that program I posted a link to downloads the programs to your hard drive DRM free so you can do just that, it's what I do :)

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 9, 2015, 08:50:43 pm »
the other option would be to get a Chromecast but not sure how that would work outside the UK.  You would need the Chromecast to connect to a UK based VPN but not sure how to do that.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 9, 2015, 09:54:21 pm »
Yeah, that program I posted a link to downloads the programs to your hard drive DRM free so you can do just that, it's what I do :)
Guess I should have clicked the link I thought it was just a IP Changer type Program,thanks I'll download it now and give it a try.

Edit - Just seen it's for the Mac. I use a PC
« Last Edit: February 9, 2015, 09:59:56 pm by @Pheeny »

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 12:14:15 pm »
Edit - Just seen it's for the Mac. I use a PC

Oh, sorry. I've had a quick look but can't see any PC equivalent :(

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 02:57:42 am »
Oh, sorry. I've had a quick look but can't see any PC equivalent :(

http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer_win/get_iplayer_setup_latest.exe

I hope you like command lines.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 10:43:01 am »
Doesnt BBC Iplayer have an option to download to removable media? Or does this still not work on a TV?

You could buy a Chromecast for £20 plug that into your TV and stream BBC Iplayer from your phone onto the TV.

Offline BillysBoots

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2015, 11:26:11 am »
Hi,

Not an I Player problem but I have a problem with the BBC website.

Since the website issues they had yesterday were resolved, when I now try to get onto the site on my laptop, I get the mobile version rather than the standard one.

I don't know if somehow I have managed to select the mobile version as a default but I can't find a way of getting the standard version back.

Can anyone provide any guidance?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2015, 11:37:33 am »
Should be an option to select the desktop site .

Try the home page at the very bottom left..

Also you could try signing in to the website and setting your preferences there...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline BillysBoots

• Kemlynite
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2015, 11:45:58 am »
I've searched again for a desktop version but if it's there I can't find it.

I have never registered but have just tried it to see if I could change the settings & can't see a way of doing it that way either.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2015, 11:48:08 am »
Try deleting your history and cookies and then going back to the BBC website.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline BillysBoots

• Kemlynite
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2015, 11:57:07 am »
Tried that again just now but still the same.

I think there must be something on the BBC site that lets you change versions and somehow in trying to get it working yesterday I have ended up on the wrong one.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2015, 12:01:58 pm »
Sorry, can't think of anything else... It's happened to me too, can't remember how I solved it!

Use a different browser?  Chrome maybe?
W

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2015, 12:02:13 pm »
I think I know what the issue is - BBC are in the process of updating their website to a more responsive design - whereby it will automatically scale itself for the browser and device you are using. As a result there won't be a separate site for mobile and web and it should all work seamlessly - I would imagine the issues you are experiencing will be related to that as the transition begins, and will fix itself shortly.

Offline BillysBoots

• Kemlynite
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2015, 12:06:00 pm »
Thanks for your replies. If you're correct, then I'll just have to get used to it and stop being a fecking Luddite!

Cheers.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2015, 12:08:37 pm »
This is the link for the new beta site: http://m.bbc.co.uk/news try navigating from there

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2017, 12:41:10 am »

Had to register and sign into to a BBC account to watch iplayer content this evening - it is free, quick and easy to do - but still seems needless for those of us who don't want to 'personalise our BBC experience' - or have info shared with social media or advertisers etc...

http://informitv.com/2017/05/19/bbc-iplayer-to-require-user-registration/
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2017, 01:23:10 am »
I have a second email address for anything that requires registration (unless it's something important or something that won't result in me getting loads of spammy emails) so that they don't clutter up my actual email account.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2017, 12:52:10 pm »
if you have a gmail account you can do things like first.name+whateveryouwant@gmail.com and then push all that comes into there into a folder (or the bin). They're very handy for stuff like this.