Author Topic: Saudi Arabia refuses observing minute of silence for London victims  (Read 8008 times)

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
Re: Saudi Arabia refuses observing minute of silence for London victims
« Reply #40 on: June 8, 2017, 07:27:46 pm »
Fuck Saudi Arabia. As a Muslim, it pisses me off so much that our holiest city has to be based there. Probably the most corrupt country in the world.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: June 8, 2017, 07:28:28 pm »
Shameful.

Not sure if I'd blame the players though. It's not like they can just ignore the bosses without serious consequences in that country.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #42 on: June 8, 2017, 07:30:13 pm »
Shower of twats on the bench even refused to stand.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: June 8, 2017, 07:31:55 pm »
Hope they live long enough to see the oil run out, any Western support for their prick of a king will vanish and vanish quickly.
What would be great is to see the west not reliant on the petrol run engines in cars.

Makes you wonder why the oil rich despotic arab regimes are buying huge investment in car companies.

Bahrain Qatar and Kuwait have huge money invested in Mclaren Porsche and Aston martin.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #44 on: June 8, 2017, 07:32:58 pm »
Despicable post

Out of curiosity, why is it despicable?

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #45 on: June 8, 2017, 07:33:23 pm »
despicable behaviour.....kunts to a man

One guy their #7 stood.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban

Offline Steady Eddie

• Anny Roader
« Reply #47 on: June 8, 2017, 07:51:16 pm »
What would be great is to see the west not reliant on the petrol run engines in cars.

Makes you wonder why the oil rich despotic arab regimes are buying huge investment in car companies.

Bahrain Qatar and Kuwait have huge money invested in Mclaren Porsche and Aston martin.

The problem is oil is used extensive with vehicles being the main consumer, but less we forget there is an awful lot of plastic used too.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: June 8, 2017, 07:53:10 pm »
Just inexcusable really.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: June 8, 2017, 07:58:17 pm »
Inhumane bastards!!

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #50 on: June 8, 2017, 08:28:50 pm »
I wish we could observe a minutes silence everytime an innocent Arab family get slaughtered as well.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge] Pro
Nope, nope, nope

You don't get to do that - that straw man needs to retreat with all haste

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: June 8, 2017, 08:40:33 pm »
Out of curiosity, why is it despicable?
It's not a footy thread, is the short answer.

Read his posts around why there was a need for a minutes silence for the rest.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #52 on: June 8, 2017, 08:43:18 pm »
What do you expect? Cue the ABC or some other polemic/apologist media outlet to leap to their defense.

Bunch of c*nts. I'm so glad we beat these.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: June 8, 2017, 08:53:11 pm »
The idea that respecting a moment's pause for innocent victims isn't part of your culture is a pathetic excuse, and it's an insult given there were Australian victims. Truly baffling. Fair play to that one lad.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: June 8, 2017, 08:54:15 pm »
The sooner the oil runs out the better. Fuck these

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #55 on: June 8, 2017, 09:12:34 pm »
its fake news....as would any weapon selling government would say
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: June 8, 2017, 11:04:28 pm »
Fucking animals, why would a team disrespect like that? What's next? Jerseys with ISIS terrorists named on it?
Hope they get penalized big time maybe even banned from competition but knowing the corrupt FIFA, they will probably get a few million bucks to their pockets and ignore what happened today.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #57 on: June 9, 2017, 12:14:35 am »

Why? What was the reason to be deliberately insensitive? Who does this make happy?

We need to get off oil and starve some of the worst regimes on earth...
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Scaryscouse

• Purveyor of shite english lager
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice packet of Crunchy Nut you got here
« Reply #58 on: June 9, 2017, 12:15:10 am »
It's only shame the aussies played the match and didn't just kick that bunch of shit heads off the park instead. There are certain times where you might abstain or protest in someway to events that I could understand, this wasn't one of them. Don't take to the pitch if you must but that was just so disrespectful and antagonistic its made my piss boil.
I remember years ago doing the fart with your fingers pointed like a gun.

I did it to my brother, I had a dressing gown on.

Instead of farting I shat on the floor - my brother thought I was demented.

Online slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: June 9, 2017, 12:38:43 am »
saudi's have no respect for a human life. look at their human rights record. gang of fuckin mentalists. we wonder why the middle east is fucked? scum

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: June 9, 2017, 01:38:29 am »
Despicable behaviour given that 2 Aussies died in the attacks and the Aussie request for a minute silent was refused.

I'm reserving judgment on the Saudi players though until I know the full story. It seems to me that this was a call by the Saudi officials, not the players. And given what I know about how some football associations in that part of the world treat their players (e.g. Uday Hussein torturing players when he was head of the Iraqi FA) I'm not going to be so quick to lay into a Saudi player who's probably worried that him/his family might be on the receiving end of some dickhead Saudi Prince's temper if he disobeys him.
Good post mate.

One thing for sure is that whoever came up with that idea is a horrible horrible person with no feeling for humanity.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: June 9, 2017, 01:56:10 am »
Legitimate reasons for grievances against the Saudis but this one....the impression I got of the process was that it wasn't seen as a big deal, rather than any malice / statement intended. I remember checking the online sites of the papers (al riyadh, al jazirah etc, not to be confused with al Jazeera in Qatar, the wider audience al hayat, the official Saudi national team twitter)....there was nothing, not even the awareness that this caused an issue. Just the match report, and information on the next game.

It's only within the recent few hours that the Saudi team have released a statement apologising, stating no disrespect intended after seemingly processing the fallout.

http://thesaff.com.sa/NewsDetails.aspx?NewsID=15998

« Last Edit: June 9, 2017, 01:58:47 am by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #62 on: June 9, 2017, 02:23:50 am »
...so the entire team and staff were unfamiliar with the concept of a minutes silence, and didn't wonder what the other team and all the fans were doing?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: June 9, 2017, 02:35:48 am »
I think they are all familiar enough with it.

If it's some supposed statement, issuing a grovelling, complete apology later doesn't tally.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: June 9, 2017, 05:32:17 am »
When we start observing minutes of silence for the Syrians, Yemenis, Somalians etc then we can talk. Till then the hypocrisy is astonishing
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: June 9, 2017, 05:40:50 am »
When we start observing minutes of silence for the Syrians, Yemenis, Somalians etc then we can talk. Till then the hypocrisy is astonishing
Another strawman makes its appearance.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: June 9, 2017, 06:33:43 am »
Bollocks do the Saudis not know or understand what a minute's silence is all about. Their first excuse was that a minute's silence is not part of their culture - well guess what, when Australia played in Riyadh, women weren't allowed into the stadium unless accompanied by a male relative. If I were an Aussie woman, though, I'm sure they would have just waved me straight through, tolerant country that it is.

Agreed that the players should not be the target of our wrath, they don't have the freedom of expression that decent countries have. I pity the 99.999% of Saudis who have zero rights and zero liberty.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #67 on: June 9, 2017, 06:48:31 am »

not as astonishing as the stench of shit coming off your post....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: June 9, 2017, 07:06:29 am »
Another strawman makes its appearance.

Why is it a strawman arguement?

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #69 on: June 9, 2017, 07:12:49 am »

You're a guest in a country that is mourning one of their own that was killed in a terrorist act, allegedly by an assailant that claims to be a Muslim. Additionally, you happen to be a Muslim country that also hosts the two holiest sites in Islam. Do you show respect, and also solidarity against the loss of innocent lives via terrosist acts, or act like absolute insensitive buffoons and proceed to confirm to all how backward you really are, and since more than any other nation you carry the image of Islam (unfortunately for all Muslims) you also taint Muslims in the eyes of many.

There are Muslims dying in conflicts and as a result of terrorist acts, how that has any connection with not respecting another country's homage to their own is a mystery. If it was so important for the Saudis,  by all means do a similar homage when hosting a match in Saudi. I guarantee that regardless of their personal opinions of the Saudi regime, Islam as a whole, or the Middle East, the Australian FA would have made damn sure that they all showed the appropriate level of respect, especially as they would be representing their whole nation and not just 20 or so individuals.

There is no defense for the Saudi authorities that chose to make that stance. Obviously,  the players had no say in this, so maybe we should lay off lambasting them. They had as much say as anyone of us in that matter.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: June 9, 2017, 07:50:53 am »
I think they are all familiar enough with it.

If it's some supposed statement, issuing a grovelling, complete apology later doesn't tally.

They were briefed on it before the game, so they knew perfectly well what the connotations were:

A spokesman for the FFA said they were told before the game that the Saudi team would not be taking part in the tribute.

The spokesman said: “The FFA sought agreement from the Asian Football Confederation and the Saudi national team to hold a minute’s silence in memory of those lost in Saturday night’s terror bombings in London and in particular the two Australian women.

“Both the AFC and the Saudi team agreed that the minute of silence could be held.

“The FFA was further advised by Saudi team officials that this tradition was not in keeping with Saudi culture and they would move to their side of the field and respect our custom whilst taking their own positions on the field.”

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #71 on: June 9, 2017, 07:52:17 am »

How many refugees has Saudi Arabia taken in from these countries? Europe doesn't just hold a minute's silence, it helps where it can and takes refugees in and tries to solve all those crisises with diplomatic talks. While Saudi Arabia wages war in Jemen, has a deputy war against Iran going on in Syria and doesn't do anything to help any of those people. Do you actually believe your own agenda?
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: June 9, 2017, 07:53:17 am »
Why is it a strawman arguement?

If Australia was in Saudi and the Saudis called for a minutes silence for the victims of attacks on Syrians, Saudis, and Yemenis, you can be damn sure that it would have been observed respectfully.

The Australians called for a minutes silence to remember their (and their friends) people who died due to an act of terror.

Saying that you won't even talk about this until you see the same being done for victims of Middle East violence is disingenuous at best when you examine the context within which it took place.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: June 9, 2017, 07:57:19 am »
You're a guest in a country that is mourning one of their own that was killed in a terrorist act, allegedly by an assailant that claims to be a Muslim. Additionally, you happen to be a Muslim country that also hosts the two holiest sites in Islam. Do you show respect, and also solidarity against the loss of innocent lives via terrosist acts, or act like absolute insensitive buffoons and proceed to confirm to all how backward you really are, and since more than any other nation you carry the image of Islam (unfortunately for all Muslims) you also taint Muslims in the eyes of many.

There are Muslims dying in conflicts and as a result of terrorist acts, how that has any connection with not respecting another country's homage to their own is a mystery. If it was so important for the Saudis,  by all means do a similar homage when hosting a match in Saudi. I guarantee that regardless of their personal opinions of the Saudi regime, Islam as a whole, or the Middle East, the Australian FA would have made damn sure that they all showed the appropriate level of respect, especially as they would be representing their whole nation and not just 20 or so individuals.

There is no defense for the Saudi authorities that chose to make that stance. Obviously,  the players had no say in this, so maybe we should lay off lambasting them. They had as much say as anyone of us in that matter.
Well said.

I think you're correct with respect to laying off lambasting the players.

My personal history colours my reaction in that respect, but I'm willing to acknowledge that every individuals life circumstances are unique and that some are not as brave as others.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: June 9, 2017, 08:00:42 am »
Wrong is wrong - the Muslims of Britain are willing to stand up in public to say so  - why do the Muslim countries such as Saud get a  free pass?

Fuck that

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: June 9, 2017, 08:00:58 am »
If Australia was in Saudi and the Saudis called for a minutes silence for the victims of attacks on Syrians, Saudis, and Yemenis, you can be damn sure that it would have been observed respectfully.

The Australians called for a minutes silence to remember their (and their friends) people who died due to an act of terror.

Saying that you won't even talk about this until you see the same being done for victims of Middle East violence is disingenuous at best when you examine the context within which it took place.

Thank you. Makes alot of sense

Offline kingz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #76 on: June 9, 2017, 08:35:29 am »

“The FFA was further advised by Saudi team officials that this tradition was not in keeping with Saudi culture and they would move to their side of the field and respect our custom whilst taking their own positions on the field.”[/i]

I am half Saudi and I find it embarrassing no excuse really the officials were wrong but its not meant as a lack of respect or something because even after tragic events inside Saudi itself or most of Muslim countries football teams don't do a moment of silence..

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: June 9, 2017, 08:42:58 am »

I am half Saudi and I find it embarrassing no excuse really the officials were wrong but its not meant as a lack of respect or something because even after tragic events inside Saudi itself or most of Muslim countries football teams don't do a moment of silence..
The point is that irrespective of what you do in your own country, most cultures respect other people's cultures especially if you're in their country.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #78 on: June 9, 2017, 09:03:37 am »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/08/saudi-arabia-footballers-ignore-minutes-silence-for-london-attack-victims

Awkward.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.