Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3171228 times)

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023
« Reply #240 on: May 16, 2023, 03:09:57 pm »
James Pearce saying the club have distanced themselves from the links to Manuel Ugarte.
I don't know what to believe anymore.

Anyone think we actually sign him if Fabinho has won Klopp's trust back?

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: May 16, 2023, 03:12:09 pm »
He is still young Curtis and has plenty of time to get more consistent with experience.
Exactly, which is why people should be cautious with their expectations of him.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: May 16, 2023, 03:13:09 pm »
Exactly, which is why people should be cautious with their expectations of him.

Have a look in his thread and you'd think we won't need to sign another midfielder this summer.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #243 on: May 16, 2023, 03:15:50 pm »
If we're going to be playing in a de facto 3-4-3 (which is what this seems to be with Jones on the left of the traditional three midfielders), Mount might actually be the perfect option for that left hand side position. Alternatively, it might mean we prioritise an alternative for the other side so Trent doesn't have to play every game.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: May 16, 2023, 03:33:20 pm »
Considering that I have actually watched Modric quite often even before he has joined Tottenham

When Modric signed for Tottenham, did you think 'yes, I think I've seen you before'.?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #245 on: May 16, 2023, 03:38:28 pm »
I don't know what to believe anymore.

Anyone think we actually sign him if Fabinho has won Klopp's trust back?

I don't think we were ever interested in Ugarte to be honest, People just use our name for clicks don't they.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: May 16, 2023, 03:41:25 pm »
Jones is not better than Mount. We've had some good result but let's not get carried away.

I do think Mount could work in our set up, but when has he proved to be this quality midfielder?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #247 on: May 16, 2023, 03:48:11 pm »
Have a look in his thread and you'd think we won't need to sign another midfielder this summer.

You do like to exaggerate Andy most people are just pleased he has found real form and is confident. It really makes me wonder why some of you seem determined to not like academy players. He has enough time on his side to further improve under the best man manager in the business. Why is it such depressing thing to you?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: May 16, 2023, 04:00:40 pm »
He is still young Curtis and has plenty of time to get more consistent with experience.

Sounds like all the more reason to not alter our summer transfer plans based on Curtis finding some good form for the last month or so.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: May 16, 2023, 04:00:56 pm »
Leicester has lots of decent players surely we can find one that will perform better in our setup even as squad players

https://fbref.com/en/players/56f7a928/Youri-Tielemans

https://fbref.com/en/players/5c74c0f5/Kiernan-Dewsbury-Hall

https://fbref.com/en/players/197640fd/Timothy-Castagne

https://fbref.com/en/players/ee38d9c5/James-Maddison

Anyone suggesting we sign Youri Tielemans should be instantly banished from this site, and probably the world.

The other three are just as shit as well.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: May 16, 2023, 04:03:34 pm »

“Talks with Schmadtke ongoing. Wouldn’t expect any certainty on signings before the end of the season. Lots of plates being spun currently.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: May 16, 2023, 04:04:23 pm »
Anyone suggesting we sign Youri Tielemans should be instantly banished from this site, and probably the world.

You can't ban people for not knowing football, only Peter would be left here

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: May 16, 2023, 04:10:11 pm »

No wonder Lobo hasn't been seen for a while.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: May 16, 2023, 04:13:11 pm »
I suppose I have to just accept that you're going to bicker with each other no matter what happens. It's just inevitable.

If only there was a common denominator for the vast majority of the bickering! 
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: May 16, 2023, 04:15:32 pm »
Modric won nothing at Spurs.

No one wins anything at Spurs

It's the law
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: May 16, 2023, 04:17:46 pm »
Ok, name five keepers Jurgen Klopp is picking ahead of Kelleher. I’ll give you a headstart, Ederson. Please finish the list.

Wait, you said he's currently one of the top 5/6 keepers in the league, now it's five keepers Klopp is picking ahead of Kelleher? So which is it?

If we're sticking with your original statement, off the top of my head, Ederson, Alisson, Raya, Ramsdale, Pope, Leno, Martinez and Mendy are all Premier League proven keepers who Kelleher isn't displacing if he was bought by those clubs.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 04:25:01 pm by Lone Star Red »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: May 16, 2023, 04:17:54 pm »
If only there was a common denominator for the vast majority of the bickering!

Lobo hasn't been seen for weeks now.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: May 16, 2023, 04:19:09 pm »

:lmao

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: May 16, 2023, 04:19:56 pm »
When Modric signed for Tottenham, did you think 'yes, I think I've seen you before'.?

I am from former Yugoslavia. Even today quite often I go to the Hajduk - Dinamo derby, although mostly in Split ...

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: May 16, 2023, 04:22:40 pm »
You can't ban people for not knowing football, only Peter would be left here

To be fair, there are quite a lot of people on here who know more about football than me. You are not in that group, obviously ...

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #260 on: May 16, 2023, 04:23:06 pm »
Ha, unlucky Asam.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: May 16, 2023, 04:23:34 pm »
 :lmao

Mac's killed him.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: May 16, 2023, 04:29:18 pm »
Slay

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: May 16, 2023, 04:30:37 pm »
Jus get rid  of the lot mate. None of em learn

Everyone’s so lovable man. We can’t do that!
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: May 16, 2023, 04:44:54 pm »
You do like to exaggerate Andy most people are just pleased he has found real form and is confident. It really makes me wonder why some of you seem determined to not like academy players. He has enough time on his side to further improve under the best man manager in the business. Why is it such depressing thing to you?

It’s not depressing, but a few good games at the tail end of a crap season does not solve midfield issues that have plagued us all season. Sign some midfielders asap.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: May 16, 2023, 04:47:01 pm »
To be fair, there are quite a lot of people on here who know more about football than me. You are not in that group, obviously ...

that might be a good line if you had any credibility left but like the song goes in an mbap it’s gone

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: May 16, 2023, 04:47:04 pm »
Andy is pissed off because Curtis didn't come to visit him in the class room like Tcho Tchoo did.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: May 16, 2023, 04:49:18 pm »
It’s not depressing, but a few good games at the tail end of a crap season does not solve midfield issues that have plagued us all season. Sign some midfielders asap.

we’ve got 3 first teamers leaving of course we will sign new players

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #268 on: May 16, 2023, 04:49:20 pm »
Wait, you said he's currently one of the top 5/6 keepers in the league, now it's five keepers Klopp is picking ahead of Kelleher? So which is it?

If we're sticking with your original statement, off the top of my head, Ederson, Alisson, Raya, Ramsdale, Pope, Leno, Martinez and Mendy are all Premier League proven keepers who Kelleher isn't displacing if he was bought by those clubs.
Yeah I’m going by Klopp’s standards, not Eddie Howes or Frank Lampard. Would rather have Kelleher than Pope, Martinez, Leno and Ramsdale. Haven’t seen enough of Raya and Mendy is very good. Still not five ahead of him for me.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #269 on: May 16, 2023, 04:49:40 pm »
And there it is ;D

Atta Girl ;D

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #270 on: May 16, 2023, 04:51:23 pm »
Jones is not better than Mount. We've had some good result but let's not get carried away.

We’ll disagree on that one. I don’t see why people rate Mount and I don’t think he is the kind of player we need.
#JFT97

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: May 16, 2023, 04:51:44 pm »
we’ve got 3 first teamers leaving of course we will sign new players

Midfielders that would start and improve it straight away, not squad players to replace the squad players leaving.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: May 16, 2023, 04:54:00 pm »
Yeah I’m going by Klopp’s standards, not Eddie Howes or Frank Lampard. Would rather have Kelleher than Pope, Martinez, Leno and Ramsdale. Haven’t seen enough of Raya and Mendy is very good. Still not five ahead of him for me.

No, you're going by your standards. Which is fine, we're all entitled to our opinions. But the goal post moving isn't a good look.

You've boldly claimed that our backup keeper, who's played...*checks notes*...zero Premier League minutes this season, is currently one of the best 5 or 6 keepers in the league in which he's played 0 minutes in.  ;D It's an astounding claim.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #273 on: May 16, 2023, 04:54:10 pm »
You do realise that whatever is said in here will have no influence on who Klopp and the team decide to buy?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #274 on: May 16, 2023, 05:01:50 pm »
No, you're going by your standards. Which is fine, we're all entitled to our opinions. But the goal post moving isn't a good look.

You've boldly claimed that our backup keeper, who's played...*checks notes*...zero Premier League minutes this season, is currently one of the best 5 or 6 keepers in the league in which he's played 0 minutes in.  ;D It's an astounding claim.
Yeah that’s my opinion, he’s better than the majority of the list you’ve given. If and when he’s a premier league number one next season you’ll see for yourself. Goalkeeping is so much more than shot stopping these days, he’s elite level with his feet, starting position, is good under the high ball and can save shots too. Training with Ali has been massively beneficial to his overall game.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: May 16, 2023, 05:04:07 pm »
You do realise that whatever is said in here will have no influence on who Klopp and the team decide to buy?

You following me around on here?

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: May 16, 2023, 05:05:28 pm »
Yeah that’s my opinion, he’s better than the majority of the list you’ve given. If and when he’s a premier league number one next season you’ll see for yourself. Goalkeeping is so much more than shot stopping these days, he’s elite level with his feet, starting position, is good under the high ball and can save shots too. Training with Ali has been massively beneficial to his overall game.

That's the key bit mate. He hasn't proven it yet. We've seen some glimpses in limited minutes that's he quite talented and that he could actually be a very good keeper in this league, but he's yet to actually prove it. He's a talented prospect, and with that, comes risk that it may not pan out.

Until then, he's not a top 5/6 keeper in the league. Pretty simple, really.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: May 16, 2023, 05:09:02 pm »
Midfielders that would start and improve it straight away, not squad players to replace the squad players leaving.

do you honestly think we will start 3 completely new midfielders in the first game of next season? new players will all take their time to adjust, so the existing players we have will be the starting team, maximum one or two new faces will start and then the team will evolve over the season

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #278 on: May 16, 2023, 05:09:17 pm »

Because he's been brilliant whenever he has played in whatever competition he has played. His passing may actually be better than Ali and he is great at penalties. He is big and agile. He is a rare talented ball playing goalkeeper with no apparent weakness to his game apart from experience. So I agree that he is top 5-6 in this league. I would be absolutely disappointed if we got less than 30 million for him because he'll be worth double that once he plays a couple full seasons somewhere.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: May 16, 2023, 05:10:47 pm »

He's worth what we say that he's worth & we shouldn't be taking a penny less than £35m
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill