32 (25.4%)
Murphy
4 (3.2%)
Robertson
27 (21.4%)
Allen
9 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Author Topic: The Snooker thread  (Read 654396 times)

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Re: The Snooker thread
« Reply #12520 on: May 5, 2024, 09:26:26 pm »
I can't help but think the crucible staff are there every year on the tuesday literally throwing out a crying Murphy while he struggles to get back in again.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12521 on: May 5, 2024, 09:37:33 pm »
I can't help but think the crucible staff are there every year on the tuesday literally throwing out a crying Murphy while he struggles to get back in again.

The shit he comes out with, with that horrible East Midlands drawl. The way he just said “he may have broke the back of this match with that score line” … he comes out with tabloid sounding junk constantly. Loves a good “I told you so” too.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12522 on: May 5, 2024, 09:38:33 pm »
If Jak comes out of this at 10-7 it will be daylight robbery because he’s played like junk today
« Last Edit: May 5, 2024, 09:42:06 pm by Keith Lard »
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12523 on: May 5, 2024, 09:42:13 pm »
"No shaun, go home. This is not a residential building"

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12524 on: May 5, 2024, 09:44:20 pm »
"No shaun, go home. This is not a residential building"

Lmao 😂

He’ll just wait outside the crucible when it’s all over, offering to sign autographs for people going to see Abba

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12525 on: May 5, 2024, 09:45:51 pm »
I hate that that bastard Shaun Murphy just repeated what I posted earlier

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #12526 on: May 5, 2024, 09:46:09 pm »
The shit he comes out with, with that horrible East Midlands drawl. The way he just said “he may have broke the back of this match with that score line” … he comes out with tabloid sounding junk constantly. Loves a good “I told you so” too.

He has a dose of verbal diarrhoea equal to Joe Johnson. But Joe’s a lovely fellow, so it’s Eurosport for me😌
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12527 on: May 5, 2024, 09:52:38 pm »
If Jak comes out of this at 10-7 it will be daylight robbery because he’s played like junk today

He's done excellently from being 7-0 down though. Yes it's been scrappy and had he taken his chances when in it'd be closer still.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12528 on: May 5, 2024, 10:01:53 pm »
Shaun Murphy just said at 10-6 and Jones coming to the table down 35-0 “this is the biggest frame he’s ever played” … oh this guy. He really makes me want to throw a brick through my window

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12529 on: May 5, 2024, 10:02:47 pm »
Shaun Murphy just said at 10-6 and Jones coming to the table down 35-0 “this is the biggest frame he’s ever played” … oh this guy. He really makes me want to throw a brick through my window
why your own?

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12530 on: May 5, 2024, 10:04:00 pm »
“This red from mid distance is well within his wheel house” - S.Murphy. The dismal bastard, honestly

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12531 on: May 5, 2024, 10:04:45 pm »
why your own?

That’s a good point … I’ll chuck it through my neighbour’s window

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12532 on: May 5, 2024, 10:10:26 pm »
“It’s the old saying when your opponent needs a snooker, snooker them!” - S.Murphy.

Fucking bastard, honestly. Since when has that been an old saying?

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #12533 on: May 5, 2024, 10:13:46 pm »
Find something you love in life as much as John Virgo loves the cue ball heading towards a pocket.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12534 on: May 5, 2024, 10:13:50 pm »
Brilliant frame this is
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #12535 on: May 5, 2024, 10:16:40 pm »
This is huge!

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12536 on: May 5, 2024, 10:17:16 pm »
Just twat it. Easy

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #12537 on: May 5, 2024, 10:22:15 pm »
Far too risky to attempt that double.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #12538 on: May 5, 2024, 10:23:10 pm »
Thats silly that.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12539 on: May 5, 2024, 10:23:11 pm »
That was great 🤗

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12540 on: May 5, 2024, 10:23:27 pm »
You can tell the balls/table to fuck off on your way back to your chair but that double was very risky

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12541 on: May 5, 2024, 10:24:40 pm »
That last frame was brilliant.both players will weirdly be happy with the wcoreline

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #12542 on: May 5, 2024, 10:25:11 pm »
Far too risky to attempt that double.

Especially considering he had an opportunity to put Wilson in real trouble.

Black in the middle of the baulk cushion and the white behind the black spot.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12543 on: May 5, 2024, 10:25:15 pm »
You can tell the balls/table to fuck off on your way back to your chair but that double was very risky

It was risky but he was very unlucky to leave it

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12544 on: May 5, 2024, 10:25:42 pm »

Yeh that was ridiculous, but I’m sure when he was 7-0 down he’d have taken 11-6 so not all lost. The bugger needs a decent night sleep and to get off to a fast start.

That was entertaining 🤗

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12545 on: May 5, 2024, 10:30:06 pm »
Really enjoyed that. Gave himself a fighting chance. If he can nick the first couple tomorrow anything could happen.he would have snapped your hand off for this score at seven nil down.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #12546 on: May 5, 2024, 10:36:25 pm »
Jack’s game is so good in certain areas - one of which is pace - he never seems to over or under-hit shots (apart from regularly being wrong side of the blue). So why the f… did he leather the yellow when on that break? It’s a weakness cropping up often, which VR mentioned; he can’t seem to concentrate fully on the position, nor the now more difficult but gettable pot, on the shot after the one ‘winning’ the frame, to be ‘belt and braces’ as it were.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12547 on: May 5, 2024, 10:38:26 pm »
Jack’s game is so good in certain areas - one of which is pace - he never seems to over or under-hit shots (apart from regularly being wrong side of the blue). So why the f… did he leather the yellow when on that break? It’s a weakness cropping up often, which VR mentioned; he can’t seem to concentrate fully on the position, nor the now more difficult but gettable pot, on the shot after the one ‘winning’ the frame, to be ‘belt and braces’ as it were.

it's because he's not actually all that good.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12548 on: May 5, 2024, 10:39:59 pm »

He’s spivved his way to 11-6 … Wilson deserves an even bigger cushion. But fair do’s to Jak, he ground out a few frames under horrible pressure

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12549 on: May 5, 2024, 10:42:13 pm »
He’s spivved his way to 11-6 … Wilson deserves an even bigger cushion. But fair do’s to Jak, he ground out a few frames under horrible pressure

Not sure I'd totally agree.hes had chances to make it even closer.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #12550 on: May 5, 2024, 10:46:23 pm »

That’s beneath you VR. I know you’re a big Bing fan, but a bit more credit is due a qualifier who reaches the final and in the process, knocks out 2 former World champions.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12551 on: May 5, 2024, 10:50:49 pm »
That’s beneath you VR. I know you’re a big Bing fan, but a bit more credit is due a qualifier who reaches the final and in the process, knocks out 2 former World champions.

he's a 30 year old snooker player who's had (until now) a highest ranking of 35. he's literally not that good.

he'll deserve it if he goes on to win it though, obviously, because he'll have won his games.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12552 on: May 6, 2024, 12:56:41 am »
Not sure I'd totally agree.hes had chances to make it even closer.

Yeh I know what you’re saying, but considering Wilson crushed him 7-0 at the start and Jak never brought his a game for the entire 2 sessions, 11-6 seems almost unbelievable. 10-7 would have been jaw dropping

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12553 on: May 6, 2024, 08:23:40 am »
Yeh I know what you’re saying, but considering Wilson crushed him 7-0 at the start and Jak never brought his a game for the entire 2 sessions, 11-6 seems almost unbelievable. 10-7 would have been jaw dropping

Yeah he will delighted with the score line to be fair.he didn't play well but weirdly could have been closer. Set up nicely.

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12554 on: May 6, 2024, 09:55:16 am »
I think 11-6 Wilson is a fair reflection - looking at Wilson now he has been head and shoulders the best player in this tournament. His safety in this final has been the equal of Jones but his scoring is on a different planet.

Having said that, Jones wouldn't have slept a wink last night after losing that final frame (and in the manner he did) which would have made it 10-7 and game on. No way Wilson loses it from here, but fair play to Jones who can leave with with his head up now. I predict something like 18-12 final score which has a better ring to it than 18-6 or something like that which is where it was heading yesterday morning.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12555 on: May 6, 2024, 12:09:36 pm »
I think 11-6 Wilson is a fair reflection - looking at Wilson now he has been head and shoulders the best player in this tournament. His safety in this final has been the equal of Jones but his scoring is on a different planet.

Having said that, Jones wouldn't have slept a wink last night after losing that final frame (and in the manner he did) which would have made it 10-7 and game on. No way Wilson loses it from here, but fair play to Jones who can leave with with his head up now. I predict something like 18-12 final score which has a better ring to it than 18-6 or something like that which is where it was heading yesterday morning.

Jones seemed in quite good spirits in the interview after the second session. Hoping he can get off to a quick start and win the first mini session 3-1 or 4-0.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12556 on: May 6, 2024, 12:10:16 pm »
Huge, huge frame last night. Jones threw it away a little bit really. Shame but like you say, 3-1 or 4-0 would make a match of it for the final session and a half.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #12557 on: May 6, 2024, 01:47:11 pm »
Well then

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12558 on: May 6, 2024, 02:02:58 pm »
if jones can get it done I can't think of a more unlikely world snooker champion. brecel, dott and bing had both been in finals and whatever before, and murphy was young, but jones has done nothing.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12559 on: May 6, 2024, 02:26:37 pm »
Every time he gets close he makes a crucial error and Kyren capitalises.  Not good enough yet to be champion. Needs to score more heavily. More than anything he needs to build on this next year and be a regular in ranking tournament QFs and beyond.

There have been a lot of empty seats this final. Almost like the Etihad. Ridiculous people don’t turn up given how few seats there are.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2024, 02:29:13 pm by Schmarn »