Author Topic: The Return Of The King - How do you feel?  (Read 27487 times)

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
Re: The Return Of The King - How do you feel?
« Reply #320 on: January 8, 2011, 02:22:58 pm »
I feel like the Union soldiers when Abe Lincoln sacked George McClellan and replaced him with Ulysses S. Grant.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #321 on: January 8, 2011, 02:23:26 pm »
Awesome, haven't stopped smiling since this morning.

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #322 on: January 8, 2011, 02:31:37 pm »
Wonderful!

Another boil at the club has been lanced and the King has returned,oh happy day!

Just Cecil to get rid of new and our club can rise again.
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline redblack7

• Main Stander
« Reply #323 on: January 8, 2011, 02:33:13 pm »
I feel fucking up for it.Let's have it.Up and at em.

Offline djsworddog

• Anny Roader
« Reply #324 on: January 8, 2011, 02:34:21 pm »
Fucking amazing  ;D

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #325 on: January 8, 2011, 02:34:25 pm »
ecstatic!!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #326 on: January 8, 2011, 02:35:48 pm »
Been an hour and I am still smiling!!

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #327 on: January 8, 2011, 02:37:13 pm »
How do I feel?

Ecstatic!

Can't wait for tomorrow now!

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #328 on: January 8, 2011, 02:39:22 pm »
Big fat spliff, some rum punch, Gnarl Barkley on the stereo, footy on the telly, and kinell the King is back.

Brilliant.

Supporters united behind the the manager. Players need to get their arses in gear now. There are no more hiding places for some of them. Perform or move on. It's time to get things right again.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline DG

• Killjoy who loves himself.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
« Reply #329 on: January 8, 2011, 02:47:15 pm »
I'm not sure he will do well. I just hope he won't get blamed if he doesn't do well. What he already has done for this club will never change.

Offline F412OUK

• All hail the new Baldrick!
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #330 on: January 8, 2011, 02:48:38 pm »
WOW Does it feel good, The Return of The KING against the manc twats tomorrow, lets bring them on.

I feel like singing for the whole 90 mins tomorrow, Fields of Anfield Road, YNWA, Torres Bounce :champ

Well done NESV, this is how to do things, one small change and the whole feeling around the club has changed. Adrenaline pumping the King has returned and you NESV have just given the fans their pride back.

We have songs to sing and were gonna bounce in a minute, well I am anyway. :wave
The general who became a slave. The slave who became a gladiator. The gladiator who defied an emperor = Rafael Benitez!

There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time - Malcolm X

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #331 on: January 8, 2011, 02:49:05 pm »
about to cry of joy
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: January 8, 2011, 02:50:31 pm »
Are you aware of the situations this man has been in throughout his career?

Of course. That doesn't mean he's automatically gonna succeed does it.

I am cautiously optimistic. Things couldn't've got any worse anyway :)

Offline stevelfc1

• Main Stander
« Reply #333 on: January 8, 2011, 02:51:12 pm »
Ive been double fist pumping all morning - I cant stop!! had to type this with my fists, took me 2 hours!

Offline AnotherSpanishfan

• The Human Babelfish
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: January 8, 2011, 02:51:46 pm »

Offline RoverAndOut

• Main Stander
« Reply #335 on: January 8, 2011, 02:52:41 pm »
I'd be worried if I was a Liverpool fan. I assumed NESV would have lined up a proper replacement, rather than bowing to crowd pressure and putting Dalglish in charge.   

Dalglish hasn't managed properly in ten years, and his last two jobs didn't end well. Football has moved on a lot since he last managed Liverpool and your team is nowhere near as good as it was when he was last an Anfield. I suppose you'd better hope the players that failed Hodgson - and no matter how much Hodgson was to blame, the players don't get anywhere near the stick on here they deserve for playing so poorly - don't fail Dalglish as well. It'd be a shame for everybody involved.

Smacks of Newcastle, this appointment. Hope it works out for you, but wouldn't hold my breath.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: January 8, 2011, 02:54:08 pm »
Finally, we have our club back! Roll on the good times! The Return Of The King indeed !!!

NESV, take your time in finding the new long term manager. After all, he will only be compared to likes of Rafa and King Kenny...  ;)
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: January 8, 2011, 03:05:43 pm »
Welcome back Kenny :)  We've got your back 100%

Offline barneyk100

• Main Stander
  • Our lads have come from all over the place
« Reply #338 on: January 8, 2011, 03:07:10 pm »
How do I feel? That picture to the left will be changing with Rafa's blessing. Welcome back to where you belong Our Kenny.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: January 8, 2011, 03:07:58 pm »
How do I feel? That picture to the left will be changing with Rafa's blessing. Welcome back to where you belong Our Kenny.
ditto. I finally feel I can change it.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline RedChanel

• Main Stander
  • Be the chess player, not the chess piece.
« Reply #340 on: January 8, 2011, 03:08:17 pm »
Its simply amazing, a legend like Kenny taking over the reins at Liverpool would be the perfect morale booster for the players and fans alike.

I foresee him bringing some stability and sanity which had been lacking since August last year.
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Offline Red in Korea

• Claims to be from Korea but we're not convinced...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: January 8, 2011, 03:10:15 pm »
I'd be worried if I was a Liverpool fan. I assumed NESV would have lined up a proper replacement, rather than bowing to crowd pressure and putting Dalglish in charge.   

Dalglish hasn't managed properly in ten years, and his last two jobs didn't end well. Football has moved on a lot since he last managed Liverpool and your team is nowhere near as good as it was when he was last an Anfield. I suppose you'd better hope the players that failed Hodgson - and no matter how much Hodgson was to blame, the players don't get anywhere near the stick on here they deserve for playing so poorly - don't fail Dalglish as well. It'd be a shame for everybody involved.

Smacks of Newcastle, this appointment. Hope it works out for you, but wouldn't hold my breath.

He will prove you wrong.
"What is called for is dignity. We need to set an example." Kenny Dalglish

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: January 8, 2011, 03:11:38 pm »

I was saying pretty much the same thing yesterday, now that it has happened, all my worries and apprehensions have flown out the window. We must think long-term rebuilding. Kenny would have been part of that process anyway. This is only six months. It is impossible for a LFC fan not be over the moon, yes it is emotional but despite all my worries about appointing him, right now I am fucking chuffed and it just feels so right. I personally do not have very big expectations. It is the long-term rebuilding that I am looking at.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline kacangpool

• By day, a quiet office worker from Ormskirk. By Night CAPTAIN OBVIOUS
  • Kopite
« Reply #343 on: January 8, 2011, 03:15:15 pm »
we'll rule middle earth. :wave

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: January 8, 2011, 03:15:49 pm »
On the one hand chuffed to bits on the other hand worried for the King that it may go wrong
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline placidcasual

• Main Stander
  • No you won't fool the children of the Rafalution
« Reply #345 on: January 8, 2011, 03:15:55 pm »
When I heard I just felt overwhelming relief. And then about 20 mins later I did the double fist pump.

Welcome home, your majesty.  :D

Offline scotkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: January 8, 2011, 03:16:36 pm »
Over the fucking moon! :D

Offline Baraka

• bama. But a lot lot lot lot stupider. Has an IQ of 6½
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: January 8, 2011, 03:16:40 pm »
DALGLISH!
South Park>>>>>All.

Offline richmond-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A stranger in a strange land.
« Reply #348 on: January 8, 2011, 03:16:53 pm »
Mightily relieved!  And cautiously optimistic.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #349 on: January 8, 2011, 03:19:29 pm »
I just hope expectations are managed, we're not in the same place as we were when Kenny was last in charge, the playing field's changed, we need to be realistic about what can and can't be done.

Offline KULPete

• Main Stander
« Reply #350 on: January 8, 2011, 03:19:37 pm »
I am personally over the moon that Liverpool FC is been taken charge of by the King... who is even more Liverpool in heart and soul than Rafa Benitez.  I know he is putting his legendary status on the line but he does realize that HIS club needs him and he is coming back into the Lion's den to save his club from relegation.  He already has my highest regard so it only remains for the players to get off their behinds and listen to what he has to say.

YNWA... King!! :wellin

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
  • We are all part of Liverpool-FC
« Reply #351 on: January 8, 2011, 03:20:03 pm »
Feel like king of the world, well kenny is the king so...
I feel so relieved, all the heavey burden on my shoulder has been lifted off, finally can get some decent sleep at nights, no matter how poor we shall be, it can not be worse then hodgson, the fans will be as one for once in a LONG LONG time, with that we can not do worse. At least they would be more joy of watching and supporting. YNWA!!
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
MICHELANGELO

Offline ..Bruiser..

• A liver bird upon me chest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #352 on: January 8, 2011, 03:21:36 pm »
I've got tears of pride in my eyes

(softlad)
96 friends we'll never forget
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline rednick75

• Begets Rednich85
  • Anny Roader
  • If the shit fits, wear it!
    • Rednick75 Youtube
« Reply #353 on: January 8, 2011, 03:22:56 pm »
Whatever happens with Kenny being in charge, he's not gonna lose credibility with me if it turns sour.  We're a long way to being back to where we should be and Kenny still has to work with the same players.   Its gonna be tough with our current squad.  I dont think any manager could turn us around in just half a season so it wouldnt surprise if Kenny doesnt manage it.   However, those players who are committed and good enough to wear the shirt must be buzzing to see Kenny in that dugout and that might be enough to make us truly perform to their potential.

Offline koppite118

• Main Stander
« Reply #354 on: January 8, 2011, 03:24:35 pm »
Great news we have waited 20 years for the return of the king !!!!!!

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #355 on: January 8, 2011, 03:26:58 pm »
I can't for the life of me understand how some think the fans will turn on him if he doesn't do well.

Firstly, Hodgson has already ensured that this will be an uphill struggle to finish in a decent position in the league. Secondly, the morale of the club is at a massive low right now, so he's got that to sort out too. Basically, if we don't do great under Dalglish then he'll have tried his best and he'll be replaced at the end of the season, and I can't believe for one second that anyone would blame him.

IF that happens, and IF people start to round on him then they need shooting. Most people disliked Hodgson because he was an appointment of the old regime, and because he never ever understood the club or the job he was taking on. None of those things can be said for Dalglish, and I'm perfectly happy no matter what happens for the rest of the season, simply because it feels like the club is back together and this is a fresh start we've been waiting for. It never felt that way for one minute under Hodgson.

I would also add.... if a few voices were raised about Dalglish they would be immediately silenced by the many. The Kop just simply wouldn't let that happen to Dalglish. He is one of our own, he is a legend of this club for reasons far more important than football. It simply will not happen.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline sparkiemark73

• Legacy Fan
  • Hairway to Steven
« Reply #356 on: January 8, 2011, 03:28:13 pm »
"Here's Dalglish...........Oh and a goal!!"
PSN - sparkness08

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #357 on: January 8, 2011, 03:29:20 pm »
For me, it's not about how well he'll do or where we'll finish anymore this season. It's about having a Liverpool legend as manager and the good felling that will bring.
Put it this way, Hodgson in charge in the derby match, where would the atmosphere be, even as a derby match? In the gutter. Now though?

Even if we get hammered tomorrow, the feeling not only among the fans and the players alone is worth putting Kenny back in charge for, even IF we still finish mid-table.
I just hope we don't all suddenly think we'll finish anywhere near the CL spots. Even if we finish mid-table I'll be happy, just for Hodgson not being here anymore.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline The Scouseologist

• Weak-bladdered, ultimately repentant pie-hog
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE
« Reply #358 on: January 8, 2011, 03:31:08 pm »
I would also add.... if a few voices were raised about Dalglish they would be immediately silenced by the many. The Kop just simply wouldn't let that happen to Dalglish. He is one of our own, he is a legend of this club for reasons far more important than football. It simply will not happen.

Lets hope not, there has been a shift in the way our team is supported since 2005. I just think this new generation of fans don't understand everything the man is about. I hope for his, the clubs and my personal sake it does not happen. But given the way I feel about a large chunk of our supporters these days, I can see it happening if it does not go well, and it scares me shitless.

Long live the King!
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europe vincendarum

Offline johnny_be_good

• Main Stander
« Reply #359 on: January 8, 2011, 03:33:42 pm »
Whether he will be a success or not..........only time will tell. The biggest gain is that the players will be up for it (they better be!!!!)
And having Kenny as manager during the transfer window is a massive plus.