Author Topic: Swansea 3 vs. 1 Liverpool. 01/05/16 (Ayew, Cork, Benteke, Ayew)  (Read 33307 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Swansea 3 vs. 1 Liverpool. 01/05/16 (Ayew, Cork, Benteke, Ayew)
« Reply #320 on: May 1, 2016, 03:15:20 pm »
I'm a Klopp lover and proud.

We all are :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #321 on: May 1, 2016, 03:16:08 pm »
1 Nobody likes losing it is not the sole right of the negative people in here.
2 We played with a very Young and inexperienced midfield
3 Swansea played well
4 It seems that Skrtel and Lovren do not gel as a partnership
5 this game wasn't a major priority this week
6 Klopp knows better than anyone what he is doing
7 Klopp has a free pass he has improved this squad even without buying and selecting anyone yet
8 The kids even the ones that struggled will have gained from this experience
9 Ojo looked quite good in patches of the game.

and in the end the Hillsborough tribute today and the outcome this week was worth more than this game, this season or even this decade.

So we lost big deal move on to Thursday and get behind this manager he is only warming up for us.

Right that said i am out of here!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #322 on: May 1, 2016, 03:16:18 pm »
I love you all, well nearly you all. But not you, thats right you.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Rojo O Muerto

• Legacy Fan
  • LGTBQIA2S+
« Reply #323 on: May 1, 2016, 03:16:50 pm »

Have a look at that and yet people still have the fucking cheek to say Brendan never won a cup here.
If you can't support us when we're shartin', don't support us when we're fartin'

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: May 1, 2016, 03:17:17 pm »
Clyne, Lovren, Lucas and Coutinho had to come from that pitch without injury today,  they were never going to be at full tilt.  Our attention is on  the europa now,   all today has  done is play a few players out of contention for Thursday.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #325 on: May 1, 2016, 03:17:35 pm »
No worries long term Klopp will sort it

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #326 on: May 1, 2016, 03:18:27 pm »
3 Swansea played well
7 Klopp has a free pass he has improved this squad even without buying and selecting anyone yet

and in the end the Hillsborough tribute today and the outcome this week was worth more than this game, this season or even this decade.

So we lost big deal move on to Thursday and get behind this manager he is only warming up for us.

:thumbup

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: May 1, 2016, 03:18:50 pm »
Disgusting performance, look on the bright side, there are only 3 league games left that Skrtel is eligible to be selected for, the chaos in defence when he plays surely cannot be a coincidence.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #328 on: May 1, 2016, 03:19:52 pm »
Brilliant delivery from Ojo for the goal.

It puts shame on all our previous set-piece takers this season. If we had that kind of delivery consistently this season we would have scored significantly more from set-pieces and wouldn`t be moaning so much about them as I imagine we must be one of the worst in the league in that aspect. I think good delivery is even more important than having players who are overly dominant in the air.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #329 on: May 1, 2016, 03:24:22 pm »
I guess my thought on this match is that Klopp shouldn't be criticized for trusting his fringe players and young players to get a job done at this point, even when they fail miserably, like today. We've had a threadbare squad at times this season, and some of the replacements have shown promise and some haven't, but I think I have a much better understanding of our squad right now than I ever did under Rodgers. We played our starters into the ground last season, and didn't develop the fringe players the season before, even when we were pummeling the shit out of teams, so I don't really mind if Klopp's decisions to test the young lads and reserve guys cost us points. It's a long term approach to managing.

To be completely honest, I enjoyed watching the younger players today. They fought, struggled and failed, but I enjoyed watching them try to make the adjustments needed to make the step up. It's a hell of a mountain to climb.   

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: May 1, 2016, 03:25:24 pm »
Of course it's an excuse. If that was a full strength Liverpool side out there I would completely agree with what you're saying, but it wasn't it was a patched up one. Reason being? We've got a much more important game to play on Thursday.

Today the team put out played badly, but in the grand scheme of things, it matters very little. We can't qualify for the CL through the league anyway. So lets take it on the chin and move on.
I am firmly in the Klopp camp, but these league games matter if we want Europe next season. We MAY win Europa this month, but it's as likely we won't. And unless the cards break right for us we're going to end up 7th and out of Europa for next year. We really want to finish in the top 6 at least.

I am fine with his choice of players today, I understand why he did it. I trust him. Europa is top priority right now, as it should be. But this game didn't "matter very little". The loss hurts us.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #331 on: May 1, 2016, 03:27:09 pm »
To be honest, I am not that worried with today's result. We didn't play well and deservedly lost. Still, we played quite a few kids and it showed. The only thing that is really worrying in my view is Jordan Ibe. He's about a million miles away from the way he played when he first came into the team. And it's not only today's game it has been that way for weeks or even months. I don't know what has happened to him, but it is kind of sad to see how he's struggling to even get past one man or play a decent pass. He was a young player who was showing no fear of playing with the likes of Suarez or Sturridge and he fit right in. In recent weeks and months he looks like a boy playing against men who has no clue what to do...

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #332 on: May 1, 2016, 03:27:59 pm »
Thought the guy on NBC got it right. "Individuals playing individually." The team had no chemistry, and Swansea was up for it and well organized and pressed. Lost count of how many misplaced and silly passes were made, and players standing still with their hands up complaining instead of chasing the ball they just gave away.

Impossible to judge that side much, though. Would have been nice to get a result. Ibe still failed to impress, Ojo grew into the game but needs to toughen up - he's a big lad but gets bullied easily at times - and Smith had a poor match as well.

And the ref was awful.

Thursday, now.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #333 on: May 1, 2016, 03:38:02 pm »
I love you all, well nearly you all. But not you, thats right you.

Pfft like I care! I always have them over there!!!...not those though! only them!

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: May 1, 2016, 03:42:16 pm »
How many of those 10 other performances had the same patch up team as today.... Arrrgghh, you know what?...Forget about it. I'm off out for a few bank holiday beers and to hopefully see Leicester win the league. You carry on getting wound up about today and over-reacting. I'll chose to forget about it and leave it there.

Different opinions are what makes football beautiful. The team Klopp put out today on it's day was good enough to get a result. My point is, these wretched performances follow us about, no matter of the personnel.

We were awful today. Players make mistakes, but we kept making the same mistakes over and over again. How people can just say it's ok I'll never know. It hurts because I've seen it all far too much over the past 2 years.

Online Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #335 on: May 1, 2016, 03:47:29 pm »
To be honest, I am not that worried with today's result. We didn't play well and deservedly lost. Still, we played quite a few kids and it showed. The only thing that is really worrying in my view is Jordan Ibe. He's about a million miles away from the way he played when he first came into the team. And it's not only today's game it has been that way for weeks or even months. I don't know what has happened to him, but it is kind of sad to see how he's struggling to even get past one man or play a decent pass. He was a young player who was showing no fear of playing with the likes of Suarez or Sturridge and he fit right in. In recent weeks and months he looks like a boy playing against men who has no clue what to do...

Very interested to see how he comes out of the summer training camp because he's one who seems to have gone backwards which, as you say, is a bit baffling when you consider how he was playing on early on in Klopps tenure. Remember him and Origi at Southampton away in the cup? He was unplayable. Now we're almost pining for the games where he ran into blind alleys and insisted on skinning his man before laying the ball off because at least he forced opposing teams to stick a man on him and worry about that side. Now he's one half-decent cross per game and looking completely out of his depth. When was the last time he cut inside and tested a keeper with that left peg?

It could be a struggle to conform to the physical side of Klopps game, it could be less space to operate into but most of it seems to be that he looks lost. Tell you what, best he's looked recently has been when he switched inside for Milner half-way through the second half at Villarreal but even then was only for his defending and positionning. Has he been played wide right recently? Could be he prefers that side to the left.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Gerrard-2-Torres

• Main Stander
« Reply #336 on: May 1, 2016, 03:50:09 pm »
I guess my thought on this match is that Klopp shouldn't be criticized for trusting his fringe players and young players to get a job done at this point, even when they fail miserably, like today. We've had a threadbare squad at times this season, and some of the replacements have shown promise and some haven't, but I think I have a much better understanding of our squad right now than I ever did under Rodgers. We played our starters into the ground last season, and didn't develop the fringe players the season before, even when we were pummeling the shit out of teams, so I don't really mind if Klopp's decisions to test the young lads and reserve guys cost us points. It's a long term approach to managing.

To be completely honest, I enjoyed watching the younger players today. They fought, struggled and failed, but I enjoyed watching them try to make the adjustments needed to make the step up. It's a hell of a mountain to climb.   

Completely agree mate. I'm in the same boat. Of course, the result was shit and even the young lads played shit, but they'll learn from this and so to will Klopp in terms of knowing the capabilities of certain players and if he deems they have the quality to be a part of this team in the future. Ojo showed real promise and is ahead of Jordon Ibe now in terms of the pecking order. The latter simply lacks footballing intelligence I feel and that is where Ojo will fair better.

Onwards and upwards, let us move past this and focus on Thursday night.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #337 on: May 1, 2016, 03:53:08 pm »
Have a look at that and yet people still have the fucking cheek to say Brendan never won a cup here.

:lmao
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: May 1, 2016, 03:55:00 pm »

When was the last time he cut inside and tested a keeper with that left peg?

Today.

I agree with the general drift, though. His decision making on when to release the ball is awful at the moment.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #339 on: May 1, 2016, 03:59:01 pm »
3 Swansea played well

It's not great to lose, but of all our matches, I understand why minds might be elsewhere.

Concerns me more for Thursday than today, as I've always been of the opinion that you can't just turn it on and off again.

For me though, we probably learned more about who isn't good enough for next season than anything else...

Oh... And we've found someone who can actually take a corner!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #340 on: May 1, 2016, 03:59:46 pm »
I thought Stewart was okay today?  And Randall didn't even play! :)

not a knee jerk based on today's game, I just mean in their general performances

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: May 1, 2016, 04:04:04 pm »
It's not great to lose, but of all our matches, I understand why minds might be elsewhere.

Concerns me more for Thursday than today, as I've always been of the opinion that you can't just turn it on and off again.

I don't understand why minds might be elsewhere, at least with regards to football, this was nowhere near Thursdays team. I also have little or no concern for Thursday as it was nowhere near Thursdays team.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #342 on: May 1, 2016, 04:05:37 pm »
There is absolutely no excuse for that shitshow of a game.   Ridiculous team selection that showed from the whistle that nobody in red cared about the score.

Yes we have to keep the players fit for midweek,  but not at the expense of an utterly embarrassing performance like that.

Utterly furious right now,  and maybe when I've had time to calm down I'll be able to see a positive from it,  but I doubt it. 

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: May 1, 2016, 04:08:03 pm »
It will be Firmino...  Sturridge will come off the bench.

Surely he will start with an out and out goal scorer? would be suicide not to in my opinion.
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: May 1, 2016, 04:08:05 pm »
Klopp was clearly unhappy about the amount of time we had to prepare for this game. Hence him moaning about the 12pm kickoff. I think it showed he had good reason to be concerned as well.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: May 1, 2016, 04:09:32 pm »
He didn't win it, he bought it. People hate it when the plastic clubs do that, so lets not be hypocrites here.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #346 on: May 1, 2016, 04:18:31 pm »
Klopp was clearly unhappy about the amount of time we had to prepare for this game. Hence him moaning about the 12pm kickoff. I think it showed he had good reason to be concerned as well.

Would 3pm made much difference

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #347 on: May 1, 2016, 04:19:26 pm »
There is absolutely no excuse for that shitshow of a game.   Ridiculous team selection that showed from the whistle that nobody in red cared about the score.

Yes we have to keep the players fit for midweek,  but not at the expense of an utterly embarrassing performance like that.

Utterly furious right now,  and maybe when I've had time to calm down I'll be able to see a positive from it,  but I doubt it.

Blimey! We lost a game of football with very little significance and with many kids playing, to a decent side on their day.

Think it's fair to say Thursdsy is more important.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: May 1, 2016, 04:20:13 pm »

Massive difference.

I wouldn't have had to do the commentary with a hangover, for one.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: May 1, 2016, 04:24:59 pm »
Noticed there was some smoke about Sturridge walking off initially at FT but last 3 or 4 pages no mention of it....who was the other two players who went down the tunnel before Daniel? Amazing to hear Owen talk more sense than others here.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #350 on: May 1, 2016, 04:27:07 pm »
Worst performance since Stoke hammered us that time.
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #351 on: May 1, 2016, 04:27:32 pm »

go rub one out so you can calm the fuck down

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #352 on: May 1, 2016, 04:27:37 pm »
Massive difference.

I wouldn't have had to do the commentary with a hangover, for one.
:wellin

Online cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: May 1, 2016, 04:28:38 pm »

If we win on Thursday I will literally forget that this game happened.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #354 on: May 1, 2016, 04:28:48 pm »
Completely agree mate. I'm in the same boat. Of course, the result was shit and even the young lads played shit, but they'll learn from this and so to will Klopp in terms of knowing the capabilities of certain players and if he deems they have the quality to be a part of this team in the future. Ojo showed real promise and is ahead of Jordon Ibe now in terms of the pecking order. The latter simply lacks footballing intelligence I feel and that is where Ojo will fair better.

Onwards and upwards, let us move past this and focus on Thursday night.

You know, with Ibe, sometimes I wonder if the lad doesn't think too much? He comes across as having little intelligence because he is so damned indecisive. I played with a guy like that in high school that went on to become a professional baseball player, and actually started for a few seasons as a pitcher in the majors. He was a physical freak of nature, and trained extremely well, but he made the stupidest decisions in games. I mean, he just made idiotic decisions all the time! He got drafted anyway, despite how poorly he played most of the time, and his pitching coach in his first spring training told him he would never make it unless he went with his first impulse on every pitch. He improved dramatically from there, to the point he became the organization's top pitching prospect for several years until he debuted and nailed down a starting spot.

I wonder if Ibe isn't the same? Sometimes I think he just overthinks every pass and dribble. He seems torn about every fucking move he makes in the game. Klopp keeps giving him chances, so he must train well enough, but there seems to be some disconnect between training and games.         

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #355 on: May 1, 2016, 04:29:10 pm »
Boring, negative whingers

Pick yourselves up for Thursday

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: May 1, 2016, 04:34:20 pm »

Perhaps yes. I suppose you'd  have to ask Klopp himself. He is the one who felt really bothered about it.

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #357 on: May 1, 2016, 04:45:34 pm »
Blimey! We lost a game of football with very little significance and with many kids playing, to a decent side on their day.

Think it's fair to say Thursdsy is more important.

I agree thursday is more important,  but doesn't excuse rolling over for Swansea. 

Fixture congestion etc,  understandable we'd field a weakened team,  but we didn't need to show up with a bunch of kids who look like they've never even had a kick around together. 

It screamed we don't give a shit right from the offset,  and for me,  that is not an acceptable mindset for Liverpool,  whether the game matters or not

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #358 on: May 1, 2016, 04:46:25 pm »
If we win on Thursday I will literally forget that this game happened.

I already want to forget it.. 

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: May 1, 2016, 04:48:09 pm »
I think we only rested players because he had to today, not that he thought the game wasn't important.  Having said that, of course momentum is a big factor in sport, I can't believe anyone would think otherwise.
Nailed it there Shane.