Author Topic: Michael Owen LFC International Ambassador  (Read 51042 times)

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Michael Owen LFC International Ambassador
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2016, 07:38:36 pm »
We got 50 m for Torres. We got 8 for Owen.  Owen shafted us big time. Actually  we got less because we had to pay Micheal Nunez's wages for a year as well. ( ok that last bit is a cheap shot as Nunez does have a champions league medal).

I'm not saying he went the right way about it but people would have gone mad had he signed the contract and requested a move aswell.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2016, 07:42:13 pm »
How did Owen fuck us over?
Really?

Others have answered it above. He ran his contract down to the point he forced our hand and we had to sell for peanuts. Then he snubbed us when we tried to take him back. It comes as no surprise that people are unhappy with this announcement. He sure doesn't deserve the respectful status he's been given.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2016, 07:42:21 pm »
I'm not saying he went the right way about it but people would have gone mad had he signed the contract and requested a move aswell.

Yep we might have but at least Torres didn't trouser his part of the cash. Not that I've much time for any player who leaves us but I hold Owen and McManaman in particular contempt.

But that's just me of course 😃
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2016, 07:43:32 pm »
I dont think so. Or certainly not near as much

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2016, 07:46:06 pm »
I can`t remember exactly but didn`t he let his contract run down, wouldn`t sign a deal we offered, spoke on the media about how he staying and would sign then signed for Madrid soon after?

Something like that I`m sure.

If I recall correctly he had one year left on his contract when Rafa took over. He had been plagued with injuries during the 2 years leading up to Rafa's arrival. Madrid had been sniffing around him since he had won the (then) Ballon d'Or in 2001. I also recall Perez stating on a number of occasions that Madrid were intent on signing him.

Eventually the club accepted an offer for him. That's why he left for Madrid. It wasn't Owen's fault that the best deal Parry managed to negotiate was 10 million plus Nunez. So again I ask, how did Owen fuck us over? 
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2016, 07:50:09 pm »
If I recall correctly he had one year left on his contract when Rafa took over. He had been plagued with injuries during the 2 years leading up to Rafa's arrival. Madrid had been sniffing around him since he had won the (then) Ballon d'Or in 2001. I also recall Perez stating on a number of occasions that Madrid were intent on signing him.

Eventually the club accepted an offer for him. That's why he left for Madrid. It wasn't Owen's fault that the best deal Parry managed to negotiate was 10 million plus Nunez. So again I ask, how did Owen fuck us over? 

Get back to work Michael.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2016, 07:51:53 pm »
Would you have been happy if he had signed the deal then put a transfer request in?
Do you still hold a grudge against Torres?
What are you asking me for? I was responding to Billy`s question with some hazy memories giving no mention of my own thoughts on the subject.

here's one I prepared earlier... :wink

Is no one annoyed that the striker crisis we had last season has been as much down to owen leaving with two days of the window left and no time to find a replacement as it has been down to injuries / bad luck?

Is no one annoyed at the lazy, uninspired play and lack of effore he showed over the last two seasons?

I'll always love Michael Owen from his debut to 2003

Michael Owen 2003 - now? Fucked us over royally. Lied to us, and cost our club millions and more good players (in transfer fees and reputation) than we can know.

Had Owen not been sold, he would have left in January, for a "nominal fee" laughing all the way to the bank and spouting "I promised the club I would never leave on a free and I haven't"

and yet 3 days before he signed for madrid, Owen was still lying through his teeth in a press conference, saying he was sure to sign his contract in the next few days.

He was already talking to Madrid before the USA tour. The interview, which is on .tv for everyone to see, in which he said the contract with liverpool was pretty much sorted and he's be signing "in the next day or two" was two days after they returned from america, and 3 days before signing for madrid.

He stalled, and stalled, to engineer the whole thing, and thank god Rafa was strong enough to call his bluff in time so we got some fee for him.

Owen could have left at the start of the summer, after another poor season for LFC - we'd have got £20 million or so, and time to buy replacements.

He didn't. He lied to the fans, lied to the club, and fucked us over.

Only Rafa stopped him being the new McManaman.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/archivedirs/news/2004/aug/23/N145778040823-1038.htm

admitting he'd known about the madrid interest for weeks while promising to liverpool fans he'd "sign soon", and admitting that he knew the low transfer fee didn't price him out of a move.

_________

Rafael Benitez has explained why Liverpool had no choice but to sell Michael Owen to Real Madrid at the weekend otherwise the Spanish side would have tried to sign the striker on a Bosman in January.

"I talked to Michael but, with just one more year of his contract left, it was very difficult to control the situation as his agent was talking with Real Madrid. Don't lose the player or don't lose the money. You have to have something. I remember Steve McManaman.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/archivedirs/news/2004/aug/16/N145691040816-0940.htm

Rafa saying he had to sell owen or he'd have went on a free

5th Aug - "we're close to a new deal"

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/archivedirs/news/2004/aug/5/N145593040805-1347.htm

Michael Owen today revealed he is ’getting closer’ to agreeing a new Liverpool contract. Owen and his representatives held a meeting in New York earlier this week with Anfield officials as the two parties aim to thrash out a deal.
Owen's current deal expires at the end of this season, but he has today reassured Liverpool fans that terms on a new deal have almost been finalised.

13th Aug - owen gone (keep in mind he said he'd been talking to madrid  for two weeks, but said a week before he was staying - therefore lying to the fans, while at the same time talking to madrid)

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/archivedirs/news/2004/aug/13/N145673040813-1234.html

Michael Owen has passed a medical in Spain and will be officially unveiled as a Real Madrid player on Saturday.
Owen flew into the Spanish capital on Friday evening and was immediately transported to a hospital in the north of the country for a medical under the supervision of the Real Madrid doctor.

A couple of hours later the Madrid website confirmed Owen had passed the medical and the England striker was seen smiling and giving a thumbs up sign to the waiting crowds as he was driven away from the hospital.

_________

Basically - all this stuff proves he stayedas long as he could to manipulate his fee down as low as possible to guarantee a move, that he was talking to madrid while lying to liverpool fans about staying, and that he was, rafa feared, going to pull a bosman on us if rafa hadn't called his bluff.

People seem to forget Owen, when sold, had been promising to the fans that he was close to signing a new contract only two days before!!!

He was sold on the 15th of Aug - as I recall 16 days before the close of the transfer window - the one that opens again on Jan the 1st, and the one on which he would have been allowed to sign a pre contract for a Bosman free immediately. We couldn't have sold him between then and now, as he didn't tell the club.

He was just two weeks from being a free transfer - and STILL telling anyone who would listen he was staying.

Don't believe this shit that he wouldn't do the dirty on us. He was two weeks away when Rafa called his bluff.

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2016, 07:53:24 pm »
I honestly don't even think of Michael Owen as a Liverpool player. It's like I have this weird blank spot and then I remembered he scored in the FA Cup final.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: April 21, 2016, 07:56:19 pm »
Yep we might have but at least Torres didn't trouser his part of the cash. Not that I've much time for any player who leaves us but I hold Owen and McManaman in particular contempt.

But that's just me of course 😃

I didn't like the way Owen or macca left at the time there is a right way to leave but I don't still hold a grudge. I don't mind any player wanting to leave they have every right to do what they want with their career.

I didn't like the fact he played for the mancs but I couldn't give a shit now.  Beardsley, Barmby, Xavier, Ince, Torres. We wanted Gabriel Heinze. We haven't got a problem supporting that lot so it's a bit sad how much people get wound up by Owen.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #129 on: April 21, 2016, 07:58:21 pm »
Don't see a problem with this. Product of the Academy, successful Liverpool striker, winner of the Ballon d'Or...
Perfect ambassador for the club: Someone who came through, managed to get himself into the 1st team based on his training at LFC and reached incredible heights.

That's who you want as an ambassador really.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 08:04:35 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: April 21, 2016, 07:59:58 pm »
Don't see a problem with this. Product of the Acedemy, successful Liverpool striker, winner of the Ballon d'Or...
Perfect ambassadr for the club: Someone who came throught, managed to get himself into the 1st team based on his training at LFC and reached incredible heights.

Yeah somebody who lied and fucked us off for another team, then joined our most hated rivals. They're the values you want our club to instill.

Owen has always been a self serving, selfish, egotistical prick. Regardless of how many brochures he makes to big himself up
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: April 21, 2016, 08:02:45 pm »
I didn't like the way Owen or macca left at the time there is a right way to leave but I don't still hold a grudge. I don't mind any player wanting to leave they have every right to do what they want with their career.

I didn't like the fact he played for the mancs but I couldn't give a shit now.  Beardsley, Barmby, Xavier, Ince, Torres. We wanted Gabriel Heinze. We haven't got a problem supporting that lot so it's a bit sad how much people get wound up by Owen.

You have very right to see things which ever way you please but I personally wouldn't be nominating anybody with that attitude as an ambassador for LFC. Not Michael Owen and not you. But as I said that's just me, you carry on as you please.

Not meaning to have a go btw, it's just that we have had so many players who stayed loyal that why would we need someone who didn't to represent us.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 08:05:13 pm by goalrushatgoodison »

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: April 21, 2016, 08:02:58 pm »
Don't see a problem with this. Product of the Acedemy, successful Liverpool striker, winner of the Ballon d'Or...
Perfect ambassadr for the club: Someone who came throught, managed to get himself into the 1st team based on his training at LFC and reached incredible heights.

Can't say he's the perfect ambassador id have a very long line of ex reds before I was picking Owen out.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2016, 08:05:04 pm »
I honestly don't even think of Michael Owen as a Liverpool player. It's like I have this weird blank spot and then I remembered he scored in the FA Cup final.
Pretty much how I feel about him mate.

It`s a strange one really, in his pomp he was one of the best strikers we`ve ever had yet he`s just a non entity in my mind. When I think of the best players who`ve played for us he never enters my thoughts.

Not happy about him being an ambassador for the club. John Barnes should be an ambassador, Ian Rush, Kenny, not Michael Owen.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2016, 08:05:51 pm »
You have very right to see things which ever way you please but I personally wouldn't be nominating anybody with that attitude as an ambassador for LFC. Not Michael Owen and not you. But as I said that's just me, you carry on as you please.

It is not an attitude it's a human right. Personally as a fan I wouldn't want to move anywhere but most of the players that have and will play for us aren't Liverpool fans.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2016, 08:06:18 pm »
Really?

Others have answered it above. He ran his contract down to the point he forced our hand and we had to sell for peanuts. Then he snubbed us when we tried to take him back. It comes as no surprise that people are unhappy with this announcement. He sure doesn't deserve the respectful status he's been given.

I think you're forgetting that we finished woefully adrift of Arsenal Chelsea and United in 2004. Granted, we finished top 4, but we finished on a very low points tally. Luckily for us, Newcastle were our closest chasers in 5th on something like 55 points. Bear in mind that back then, we could get away with being abysmally shit and still keep our top 4 status. The league was a lot less competitive then than it is now.

We had slipped a long way during the latter stages of Houlliers reign. Owen probably thought he had little chance of ever winning a league title with us. And given he was a recent Ballon d'Or winner at that time, I can understand his reluctance to sign a new deal in 2004. After all, it did take Rafa 4 years to get us challenging for the league

You're also wrong about him snubbing us for Newcastle. It was Rafa who snubbed him. I can understand people being annoyed with him for signing for United and feeling like it was a slap in the face. But to say he "fucked us over" just isn't true. That's an OTT inaccurate account of what happened. Sorry, but it just is
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: April 21, 2016, 08:07:23 pm »
It is not an attitude it's a human right. Personally as a fan I wouldn't want to move anywhere but most of the players that have and will play for us aren't Liverpool fans.

If they aren't LFC fans then why would we want them as ambassadors?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #137 on: April 21, 2016, 08:08:04 pm »
They can fuck off with this. Purposely timed as well so they won't get much of a fans backlash given the morale of the fans after recent results.

Passing himself off as a Liverpool fan now as well. What a joke.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2016, 08:12:56 pm »
At least it means he has to go abroad to do the job and will limit his role as a commentator.

No doubt he sees it as a useful stepping stone should the United or Real Madrid ambassador role become vacant.

In many ways he behaved like Kevin Keegan in that he made sure he looked after himself first and foremost (except for the fact Kevin did not do the 'running down the contract' stunt) but Kevin always treated the club with dignity despite the obvious way in which he 'moved on' and I think still commands the respect of the fans.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 08:16:05 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2016, 08:17:11 pm »
I think you're forgetting that we finished woefully adrift of Arsenal Chelsea and United in 2004. Granted, we finished top 4, but we finished on a very low points tally. Luckily for us, Newcastle were our closest chasers in 5th on something like 55 points. Bear in mind that back then, we could get away with being abysmally shit and still keep our top 4 status. The league was a lot less competitive then than it is now.

We had slipped a long way during the latter stages of Houlliers reign. Owen probably thought he had little chance of ever winning a league title with us. And given he was a recent Ballon d'Or winner at that time, I can understand his reluctance to sign a new deal in 2004. After all, it did take Rafa 4 years to get us challenging for the league

You're also wrong about him snubbing us for Newcastle. It was Rafa who snubbed him. I can understand people being annoyed with him for signing for United and feeling like it was a slap in the face. But to say he "fucked us over" just isn't true. That's an OTT inaccurate account of what happened. Sorry, but it just is
That was one of the big problems I had with Owen when he left. He didn`t give Rafa a chance, he didn`t stay for one season to see how it worked out and see if there would be signs of progress under Rafa. I wouldn`t have minded if he struck a deal with the club to sign a new contract, give it a season under Rafa to see how it went and left the following year if he didn`t feel it was working.

He didn`t do that. He lied to the fans about signing a new deal a couple of days before he signed for Madrid, so to say he didn`t fuck us over isn`t quite true. He certainly fucked the fans over by lying.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 08:21:53 pm by TheTeflonJohn »

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2016, 08:21:46 pm »
That was one of the big problems I had with Owen when he left. He didn`t give Rafa a chance, he didn`t stay for one season to see how it worked out and see if there would be signs of progress under Rafa. I wouldn`t have minded if he struck a deal with the club to sign a new contract, give it a season under Rafa to see how it went and left the following year if he didn`t feel it was working.

He didn`t do that. He lied to fans about signing a new deal a couple of days before he signed more Madrid, so to say he didn`t fuck us over isn`t quite true. He certainly fucked the fans over by lying.

Saving grace was that the year after he left we won the CL, a cup that Owen never won but SG did
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2016, 08:23:33 pm »
Some really strange people on here at times. "Perfect Ambasador"? Fuck me sideways.

He's a boring, self serving, horse whopper. Loved by no set of fans, disliked by all. Takes some doing that.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 08:25:11 pm by Livbes »

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2016, 08:24:26 pm »
Saving grace was that the year after he left we won the CL, a cup that Owen never won but SG did
Thing is, how far could we have gone with Owen in Rafa`s team?

We won the European Cup, we could of won much more, but he didn`t give us and Rafa a chance and fucked off. Then signed for the fucking Mancs and kissed their badge!

And now he`s an "LFC Ambassador".

eeeewwwwwww
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 08:26:17 pm by TheTeflonJohn »

Offline McMahon

• mrrrnnggghh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2016, 08:24:31 pm »
Owen never really got the credit he deserved as an LFC player. But like Macca he departed after working the club over running his contract down and giving then false belief, he would renew his contract at the end of the season. Ok I can't blame any player wanting to play for Madrid its just the way the both of these loyal pair went about it. Certainly left a bitter taste in my mouth at the time. But Parry being so gullible was as much to blame for letting both players contracts run down to the final year. 2 years left no sign off you go, pick a decent fee up and get a decent replacement as we did with Keegan in signing KD.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2016, 08:25:57 pm »
Screw Owen

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2016, 08:26:06 pm »
If they aren't LFC fans then why would we want them as ambassadors?

Yes I agree with that I was on about players deciding on moving, like I've said there would be a very long list of ex reds who id prefer.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2016, 08:26:46 pm »
Don't see a problem with this. Product of the Academy, successful Liverpool striker, winner of the Ballon d'Or...
Perfect ambassador for the club: Someone who came through, managed to get himself into the 1st team based on his training at LFC and reached incredible heights.

I work with an American guy who is a very casual Liverpool fan, told me that he got into supporting us because of owen. He doesn't understand us and what we (supposed to) stand for. So for him I can understand why he chose to follow Liverpool, but I've tried many times to explain to him why owen is a twat.

But I must say that you have been on this site for a very long time and have many posts, if you haven't worked out by now why he is hated then all hope is lost with my American friend.

But I will keep trying.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2016, 08:28:46 pm »

We are all ambassadors for the club, boys and girls.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2016, 08:41:56 pm »
You know we grow as a club if we recognise that some of our best players, after they have given good service to the club, leave to join other clubs. Personally I think it is healthy and encourages others to come to our club.

What Owen did was no different to what Luis and a load of others did Keegan for instance and Rushie did. Dont let us turn into a parochial bitter club, LFC is bigger than any individual player. We can export talent.

Also If Owen being an ambassador for our club means that we hear less of his fucking crap commentary on BT sport that that is well worth it.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: April 21, 2016, 08:42:09 pm »

Owen has openly said he's a fan though so that puts your theory in the shitter.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2016, 08:48:34 pm »
barnes, rush, keegan, even macmoneymoney if we are desperate but that c*nt?
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2016, 08:51:01 pm »
You know we grow as a club if we recognise that some of our best players, after they have given good service to the club, leave to join other clubs. Personally I think it is healthy and encourages others to come to our club.

What Owen did was no different to what Luis and a load of others did Keegan for instance and Rushie did. Dont let us turn into a parochial bitter club, LFC is bigger than any individual player. We can export talent.

Also If Owen being an ambassador for our club means that we hear less of his fucking crap commentary on BT sport that that is well worth it.

It's not the same. We got Kings ransoms for Suarez, Rush and King Kev. Different times in the case of the latter two admittedly but still not the same. The only thing in common is that they all left, nothing else.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: April 21, 2016, 08:54:29 pm »
What an absolutely godawful bloody decision that is.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2016, 08:54:34 pm »

And what part does Luis play as an ambassador for the club now? And Keegan? I don't know what role Rush plays at the club but when he came back he didn't play for that shower up the road.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2016, 08:58:45 pm »
Served him in a restaurant back in the day.

Never seen a grown man with smaller feet, couldn't fathom the physics behind him staying upright to be honest.

He ordered a tuna nicoise salad without anchovies, olives and dressing. So basically a bowl of tuna.

Infer from that what you will.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2016, 09:03:59 pm »
It's a really stupid decision, but one I'm not totally surprised about.

We've got some great people who would be perfect for the role, and we have to choose this prick!

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2016, 09:08:00 pm »

If we were a bitter parochial club we would resent Keegan, Suarez and Rush. We don't.

I think Michael cares nothing about anyone but Michael (and of course his right cheekbone)

http://www.michaelowen.com/gallery_lifestyle.html

(Looking at that website made my mouse stop working, once I left it started working again, even my mouse didn't want to look at those photys)

The other things that pisses you off about people like this is just how much he makes of putting £75k into charity (hope he wasn't sponsored), £75k is a weeks wages for a footballer these days, if I gave a weeks wages to charity I would not build a website round it (and I'd miss the money)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2016, 09:08:30 pm »
Served him in a restaurant back in the day.

Never seen a grown man with smaller feet, couldn't fathom the physics behind him staying upright to be honest.

He ordered a tuna nicoise salad without anchovies, olives and dressing. So basically a bowl of tuna.

Infer from that what you will.

He likes Tuna?
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2016, 09:11:50 pm »
And what part does Luis play as an ambassador for the club now? And Keegan? I don't know what role Rush plays at the club but when he came back he didn't play for that shower up the road.

When Owen came back we didnt want him so he signed for the Mancs. The choice then was ours. Was he supposed to be unemployed because we didnt want him ?

I hate the Mancs who belittle Ince and forget all the things he did for them cos he came back and played for us for a couple of years. We are bigger than that. Owen is well known throughout the world and he is selling LFC to sponsors and others thats all that matters.

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2016, 09:15:13 pm »
You don't get to call yourself a Liverpool fan when you fuck us off for Madrid, then fuck off to Man Utd

This.
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."