Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 340791 times)

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #1040 on: August 14, 2016, 03:06:24 pm »
yep that's a wise move - unlikely to get much time from the bench today so makes sense to play for the 'reserves'

Have you seen our bench for today.  Only Origi as an attacking option.  With Sturridge injured, this is an interesting move.
just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1041 on: August 14, 2016, 03:13:10 pm »
Have you seen our bench for today.  Only Origi as an attacking option.  With Sturridge injured, this is an interesting move.

4 attacking players in the eleven starters though.

Ings needs game time.

Offline Joff123

• Anny Roader
  • They say our days our numbered
    • Twitter
« Reply #1042 on: August 15, 2016, 11:08:25 pm »
Really can not decide whether its best for him to get a loan move for a few months, need him firing fit for when the inevitable injury to Sturridge comes.

His hunger and drive impresses me but his innate quality still raises doubts in my mind.

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #1043 on: August 15, 2016, 11:18:15 pm »
...but his innate quality still raises doubts in my mind.

?

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #1044 on: August 16, 2016, 12:35:34 am »
?
His Potential Ability rating is <150.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Joff123

• Anny Roader
  • They say our days our numbered
    • Twitter
« Reply #1045 on: August 16, 2016, 10:55:11 pm »
?

his natural quality.. hard work only gets you so far.

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1046 on: August 16, 2016, 10:59:29 pm »
4 attacking players in the eleven starters though.

Ings needs game time.

Ings is a versatile attacker. He can play several positions in Klopp's attacking setup.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #1047 on: August 16, 2016, 11:18:47 pm »
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #1048 on: August 17, 2016, 08:43:31 am »
his natural quality.. hard work only gets you so far.

Did you miss out a "lack of" in there then?

I don't think I've seen enough of him to comment on his quality.  :)

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #1049 on: August 17, 2016, 09:24:51 am »
Is he likely to make the squad next Saturday? He's been working very hard since and during his injury, came back early and all but we are stacked, especially with Milner and Sturridge fit again.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #1050 on: August 17, 2016, 06:20:01 pm »
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1051 on: August 17, 2016, 07:08:02 pm »
Is he likely to make the squad next Saturday? He's been working very hard since and during his injury, came back early and all but we are stacked, especially with Milner and Sturridge fit again.
if Mané's shoulder keeps him out for the weekend, that might open up a space in the match day squad.

otherwise he'll just have to bide his time.
there's the Burton game coming up, surely Klopp will give him a start for that one. Then he can hopefully get on the scoresheet and give Klopp a dilemma

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1052 on: August 17, 2016, 07:19:42 pm »
if Mané's shoulder keeps him out for the weekend, that might open up a space in the match day squad.

otherwise he'll just have to bide his time.
there's the Burton game coming up, surely Klopp will give him a start for that one. Then he can hopefully get on the scoresheet and give Klopp a dilemma

Sturridge is probably making the match day squad before Ings - unless Klopp believes in some sentimentality or something.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: August 17, 2016, 07:22:09 pm »
Sturridge is probably making the match day squad before Ings - unless Klopp believes in some sentimentality or something.
yeah definitely. just thinking they might both make the squad if there's no Mané.
but yeah, obviously Sturridge would be ahead in the pecking order if fit

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #1054 on: August 18, 2016, 08:12:46 pm »
New Guardian article hinting Klopp may have told Ings to leave (on a loan?) for game time.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/18/liverpool-agree-to-sell-christian-benteke-to-crystal-palace-for-27m

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #1055 on: August 18, 2016, 08:20:21 pm »
Hmm. That's all right until the injury crisis hits around November and we're playing Henderson up front.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #1056 on: August 18, 2016, 08:41:03 pm »
Yeah, I think so too. I remember Pearce's piece a week or so ago* saying Klopp intended to keep Ings. Maybe it's a case of The Guardian writers reading between the lines from Klopp's press conference rather than getting information from a LFC source.

I still think he'll be here this season, we'd be foolish to send him elsewhere.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 09:40:16 pm by ZeusMetallica »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: August 18, 2016, 08:48:31 pm »
I'm sure he said in the press conference it *wasn't* the same situation as Flanagan, and when he referred to Ings collecting minutes and scoring goals it was in relation to him playing for the u23's the other day?

Haven't got time to watch it again but I'm sure someone in here has.

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1058 on: August 18, 2016, 09:03:23 pm »
I'm sure he said in the press conference it *wasn't* the same situation as Flanagan, and when he referred to Ings collecting minutes and scoring goals it was in relation to him playing for the u23's the other day?

I watched it, and it seems that you are spot on. Lost in translation, or the Guardian journo trying too hard to read between the lines.

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1059 on: August 18, 2016, 09:05:35 pm »

Yep, he did.

I have bags of time, clearly!

Offline SASDistress

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1060 on: August 18, 2016, 10:32:08 pm »
Pretty sure Klopp said for Ings it is important to play, not which games he plays and that's why he went into the u23 when we didn't need him on that day. That to me shows the opposite of wanting him gone.

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #1061 on: August 18, 2016, 10:41:06 pm »
Yep, he did.

I have bags of time, clearly!

Thanks Cricket - hopefully that's put that rumour to bed then.

I like Danny and think he's got plenty to offer. It is a shame for him that we don't have European football, because his game time is likely to be limited this season.

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: August 18, 2016, 11:10:50 pm »
Thanks Cricket - hopefully that's put that rumour to bed then.

I like Danny and think he's got plenty to offer. It is a shame for him that we don't have European football, because his game time is likely to be limited this season.
Sure.  ;)

Even with the cup games, it's hard to see him starting; whoever hasn't started the previous game out of Sturridge and Origi is more likely to start, I guess. Still, an injury to one of them and he is right in the mix.

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1063 on: August 19, 2016, 01:25:00 pm »
Sure.  ;)

Even with the cup games, it's hard to see him starting; whoever hasn't started the previous game out of Sturridge and Origi is more likely to start, I guess. Still, an injury to one of them and he is right in the mix.

I wouldn't rule him out playing a little deeper this season either. I have feeling that Ings could do very similar Houghton/Kuyt like role as one of the 3 in 4-2-3-1.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1064 on: August 19, 2016, 04:28:41 pm »
I've been wondering for a while what Klopp thinks of Ings in terms of being good enough at this level.  He obviously sees him in training regularly.  Supporters would struggle to make some sort of objective assessment simply because he's hardly played with injuries last season. 

He'd a decent season by all accounts a couple of years ago for Burnley in a season which seen them relegated.  But looking at the stats he scored 11 that season, which isn't bad I guess in a relegated team, but not brilliant either.  He scored a couple for us in the cameo roles before getting injured last season.

People make a case for him with comments like 'he'll fit right into a 'Klopp' team' and 'he will run in behind' when comparing him to the likes of Benteke, Balotelli.

But is he technically at a level to effectively lead the line for a team with designs on challenging at the top?  I don't know.  No doubt Klopp will have an opinion by now given he's now been through a pre-season.   

Offline Lemieux

• Kopite
« Reply #1065 on: August 19, 2016, 04:30:02 pm »
Klopp would never throw a player under the bus.  He said positive things about Allen and look what happened to him.  I think he probably rates Ings in the end but obviously not as much as our other 3 options.  If I were Ings I would go on loan.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1066 on: August 19, 2016, 06:21:28 pm »
But is he technically at a level to effectively lead the line for a team with designs on challenging at the top?

No. But there are some players in the squad Klopp counts on not necessarily better but offering something important for the team play. I would think this to be key in his case.

No doubt Klopp will have an opinion by now given he's now been through a pre-season.   

For sure, I fear it's not the one the majority around here wants to hear.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1067 on: August 19, 2016, 06:27:05 pm »
No. But there are some players in the squad Klopp counts on not necessarily better but offering something important for the team play. I would think this to be key in his case.

For sure, I fear it's not the one the majority around here wants to hear.

why don't you just state what you know - you've been dropping hints left and right since yesterday.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1068 on: August 19, 2016, 06:31:35 pm »
why don't you just state what you know - you've been dropping hints left and right since yesterday.

That's assuming he knows anything.

Which I really doubt.

Klopp's stated his opinion of Ings and where he figures in our plans this season.  He hasn't left room for misinterpretation in saying clearly that we're counting on Danny Ings so I'd be surprised and disappointed if he's not at the club come the end of the month.  There's absolutely no reason to let him go, Ings has made it clear he's happy to fight for a place here so let's see how he gets on this season.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 06:38:40 pm by Djimi Smicer »

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1069 on: August 19, 2016, 06:50:47 pm »
I wouldn't rule him out playing a little deeper this season either. I have feeling that Ings could do very similar Houghton/Kuyt like role as one of the 3 in 4-2-3-1.
From the little I've seen of him, Ings does seem to be intelligent enough to make it work. I think he'd be more likely to play as a narrow forward on the side of a 4-3-3, if he were to play somewhere other than as centre-forward.

It might depend on whether he still has the same pace after the injury, though.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1070 on: August 20, 2016, 01:05:59 am »
Seems like he's 4th choice striker at the moment.  Unless we see a bunch of injuries again this year I don't think he'll see a lot of time on the pitch other then cup games. 

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1071 on: August 20, 2016, 01:40:00 am »
Seems like he's 4th choice striker at the moment.  Unless we see a bunch of injuries again this year I don't think he'll see a lot of time on the pitch other then cup games. 

He always was fourth choice, but to be fair had he not been injured last season, he still would have likely been ahead of Benteke. As we saw last year, it only takes a few injuries and he'll get games. And given Sturridge's injury record, that's quite possible. Look at Klavan. In most people's mind, he was fourth choice coming into the season. He ended up starting against Arsenal due to injuries to Sakho and Matip

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: August 20, 2016, 06:38:56 am »
He always was fourth choice, but to be fair had he not been injured last season, he still would have likely been ahead of Benteke. As we saw last year, it only takes a few injuries and he'll get games. And given Sturridge's injury record, that's quite possible. Look at Klavan. In most people's mind, he was fourth choice coming into the season. He ended up starting against Arsenal due to injuries to Sakho and Matip

look like klopp taking it slow with him too after such a serious injury. Knee issues are always a bit tricky. Don't think he will be in the squad today too if Danny is fit. Better for him to get some game time for his fitness and match sharpness with the u23s.

Really glad that he is fourth choice. A player that is ready and always willing to give his all.

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1073 on: August 20, 2016, 10:54:29 am »

Ings is not exclusively an out-and-out striker. He can play several positions in the 4-3-3 and the 4-2-3-1.

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1074 on: August 20, 2016, 12:08:27 pm »
From the little I've seen of him, Ings does seem to be intelligent enough to make it work. I think he'd be more likely to play as a narrow forward on the side of a 4-3-3, if he were to play somewhere other than as centre-forward.

Yep. That's the thing that struck me most about him last season, he is a really intelligent footballer. Brains and workrate is such a fucking great combination.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: August 21, 2016, 11:11:53 am »
Why wasn't he in the squad yesterday? Injured?

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #1076 on: August 21, 2016, 02:34:44 pm »
Ings is not exclusively an out-and-out striker. He can play several positions in the 4-3-3 and the 4-2-3-1.

Is he the best option at any given time for any other positions, though? I expect he'll get most of his games up front for us, there's even more competition for the other roles.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1077 on: August 21, 2016, 02:54:51 pm »
He should have been on the bench, and if he was he should have been brought on along with Origi up front to stretch them and inject some pace.

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: August 21, 2016, 03:07:49 pm »
He should have been on the bench, and if he was he should have been brought on along with Origi up front to stretch them and inject some pace.

How can you stretch a team that is already camped in the penalty area? Ings would have been useful I think given his aerial ability and the number of crosses aimlessly pumped in.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: August 21, 2016, 03:30:21 pm »
How can you stretch a team that is already camped in the penalty area? Ings would have been useful I think given his aerial ability and the number of crosses aimlessly pumped in.

Bringing him at half-time would have helped a lot more than later on in the match once it was 2-0.