Author Topic: Question Time.  (Read 85620 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Question Time.
« Reply #360 on: October 18, 2017, 08:27:34 pm »
Lisa Nandy and Rev Coles are ok, still won't watch it though , been awful since the referendum

Yep. Another week of “...Brexit will destroy us”, “...no it wont”. So boring.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: October 18, 2017, 09:06:22 pm »
This week's line-up.

isnt most of nexts stuff made abroad, fx rate tanking will hurt him, unless he thinks it will ruin the likes of boohoo, missguided and co

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #362 on: October 19, 2017, 05:29:01 pm »
isnt most of nexts stuff made abroad, fx rate tanking will hurt him, unless he thinks it will ruin the likes of boohoo, missguided and co
I doubt it's going to hurt £112m-worth Conservative peer Baron Wolfson of Apsley Guise, son of Conservative life peer Baron Wolfson of Sunningdale on a personal basis too much I'd have thought.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: October 19, 2017, 08:22:16 pm »
I doubt it's going to hurt £112m-worth Conservative peer Baron Wolfson of Apsley Guise, son of Conservative life peer Baron Wolfson of Sunningdale on a personal basis too much I'd have thought.
if there’s one thing I know about very rich people it’s they hate to lose money, probably why Tim Martin wants the no deal scenario as his business will boom massively

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: October 26, 2017, 06:34:12 pm »
Rees-Mogg, Shami Chakrabarti, Alex Salmond, Germaine Greer and some Sunday Express nobody on tonight, in Portsmouth.

Fucking hell, should be awful.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: October 26, 2017, 09:35:38 pm »
Rees-Mogg, Shami Chakrabarti, Alex Salmond, Germaine Greer and some Sunday Express nobody on tonight, in Portsmouth.

Fucking hell, should be awful.
I think I can just about get through the program without throwing something at the TV, that's assuming Reese -Mogg doesn't bring up Admiral Nelson sailing off from this good city of Portsmouth to fight the French and Spanish at Trafalgar and how this generation is doing the same, if the audience at Portsmouth clap and cheer that one I may be looking for a new TV :)
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #366 on: October 26, 2017, 11:02:38 pm »
Rees-Mogg talking sense  about returning ISIS fighters.

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #367 on: October 26, 2017, 11:04:02 pm »
I understand QT has become a shadow of its former self...  but am I the only one watching?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: October 26, 2017, 11:06:50 pm »
I understand QT has become a shadow of its former self...  but am I the only one watching?

Yes. Its nice not to have Brexit as the main debate.

EDIT - I spoke too soon.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 11:13:03 pm by a clueless whopper »

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #369 on: October 26, 2017, 11:13:04 pm »
And as you say that, the Beeb bashing for not loving Brexit begins...
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: October 26, 2017, 11:26:34 pm »
And as you say that, the Beeb bashing for not loving Brexit begins...

Some interesting subjects being discussed today. Like always though, Brexit is the shittest subject.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: October 26, 2017, 11:29:38 pm »
Rees-Mogg is a c*nt.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: October 26, 2017, 11:33:51 pm »
Ha, Rees-Mogg just hammered Dimbleby.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: October 26, 2017, 11:51:58 pm »
  Camilla Tominey was desperately trying to play to the crowd on Brexit without getting the big cheers and applause she thought she would get, no cheering when banging on the table shouting lets get on with it. she would of got massive applause for this gem this time last year.
" The remain argument fails because everybody knows deep down that IF WE DO get the cake and brexit.  we can then have free trade with the EU and free trade with the rest of the world."
Shes either a idiot or trying to win the respect of idiots.
There is definitely a change in attitude towards Brexit, this is a hard leave area and I expected them to cheer any old s..
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: October 26, 2017, 11:54:13 pm »
  Camilla Tominey was desperately trying to play to the crowd on Brexit without getting the big cheers and applause she thought she would get, no cheering when banging on the table shouting lets get on with it. she would of got massive applause for this gem this time last year.
" The remain argument fails because everybody knows deep down that IF WE DO get the cake and brexit.  we can then have free trade with the EU and free trade with the rest of the world."
There is definitely a change in attitude towards Brexit, this is a hard leave area and I expeced them to cheer any old s..

Their day of reckoning is coming anyway. Its just a case of counting down the clock until this whole island is in a mess and its residents real standing is knocked down a number of pegs.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: October 27, 2017, 12:07:47 am »
of course why they’d want to give us a better deal being out of the eu than in it escapes her... as much as they loving going on about the Germany car industry ‘losing jobs’ (dont think that number they quote takes into account extra business they’d get from British built cars being far less attractive due to greater export tariffs) they are silent on the city shifting jobs to Frankfurt which aren’t likely to come back any time soon

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: October 27, 2017, 12:15:38 am »
Their day of reckoning is coming anyway. Its just a case of counting down the clock until this whole island is in a mess and its residents real standing is knocked down a number of pegs.
They certainly will, it's frighting, over a year has passed and leave MPs are still coming out with bullshit to keep leave supporters happy, it's as if there trying to palm off the whole country so they can get a hard Brexit and then we can go back to normal everyday politics. they've misjudged the mood of the country, the Brexit issue won't end when we leave.
               Emily Maitlis

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: October 27, 2017, 12:29:45 am »
of course why they’d want to give us a better deal being out of the eu than in it escapes her... as much as they loving going on about the Germany car industry ‘losing jobs’ (dont think that number they quote takes into account extra business they’d get from British built cars being far less attractive due to greater export tariffs) they are silent on the city shifting jobs to Frankfurt which aren’t likely to come back any time soon
Yeah I was going to make the same points, it's like banging your head against a brick wall. I assume leave voters don't really follow Brexit otherwise they would know the EU have said many times in every way possible, we have no chance of getting a cake and eat it Brexit,  I don't know why leave supporters cant understand one simple bit of logic, saving the EU is far more important to the EU than a trade deal with the UK. how anyone thinks 1 country loosing trade to 27 countries has more bargaining power than 27 countries loosing trade to 1 country is beyond me.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #378 on: October 27, 2017, 12:32:11 am »
maybe going against a trend but i enjoyed that one.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: October 27, 2017, 12:42:52 am »
maybe going against a trend but i enjoyed that one.

Yep, me too. Some good subjects (apart from Brexit). Also funny seeing Rees-Mogg’s and Dimbleby’s running ETON rivalry come forward.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: November 2, 2017, 03:45:56 pm »
Daniel Hannan, Kezia Dugdale, Jeane Freeman, Owen Jones and Anne McElvoy on tonight, in Kilmarnock. Hannan is probably trying to find out how he got stitched up.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: November 2, 2017, 04:10:12 pm »
Daniel Hannan, Kezia Dugdale, Jeane Freeman, Owen Jones and Anne McElvoy on tonight, in Kilmarnock. Hannan is probably trying to find out how he got stitched up.
:)
Betting on questions.
1/25, Daniel Hannan, Absolutely nobody is talking about threatening our place in the Single Market.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: November 2, 2017, 10:58:33 pm »
Owen Jones making the current situation party political as always. He really is a dickhead.

Plus he presses Hannan on why the Tories dont condemn the Spanish government. So parties not condemning other governments. I wonder if there are other examples of this.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2017, 11:17:17 pm by a clueless whopper »

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: November 2, 2017, 11:20:42 pm »
Owen Jones making the current situation party political as always. He really is a dickhead.
at least he hasn’t walked off in a huff

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #384 on: November 2, 2017, 11:22:08 pm »

But what he said was a question that needs to be answered May was getting daily briefing from the whips about what MPs were up to including sexual misdemeanors and she did nothing. why?

Seems a reasonable question to me. 
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: November 2, 2017, 11:27:37 pm »
But what he said was a question that needs to be answered May was getting daily briefing from the whips about what MPs were up to including sexual misdemeanors and she did nothing. why?

Seems a reasonable question to me. 

Why didnt Labour do anything about the situation regarding Bailey?

The place is full of snakes, regardless of your colours. Address it as a whole, dont look to score a point politically.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #386 on: November 3, 2017, 08:23:49 am »
Why didnt Labour do anything about the situation regarding Bailey?

The place is full of snakes, regardless of your colours. Address it as a whole, dont look to score a point politically.

As far as im aware the party didnt know apart from the one person she went to you can't do anything if you don't know about it.

anyway there is a thread on this now.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #387 on: November 10, 2017, 12:03:15 am »
Good programme tonight. Stella Creasy was impressive as usual, The Telegraph’s Charles Moore had a bad case of foot-in-mouth, the Grauniad’s hack didn’t mince his words yet was succinct. Justine Greening did her best as the token Government representative, and as (very) occasionally happens, I found myself wondering what on earth she’s doing making weak apologies for the Tories, and isn’t she in the wrong Party?

Newcastle next week. Rod Liddell is on the panel. He was once a researcher for Barry Jones, the Flintshire Labour M.P. He’s now a shock-jock on a par with Littlejohn or Hopkins. Which given the usual panel make-up, begs the question: as the token what?
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: November 10, 2017, 12:21:22 am »
Good programme tonight. Stella Creasy was impressive as usual, The Telegraph’s Charles Moore had a bad case of foot-in-mouth, the Grauniad’s hack didn’t mince his words yet was succinct. Justine Greening did her best as the token Government representative, and as (very) occasionally happens, I found myself wondering what on earth she’s doing making weak apologies for the Tories, and isn’t she in the wrong Party?

Newcastle next week. Rod Liddell is on the panel. He was once a researcher for Barry Jones, the Flintshire Labour M.P. He’s now a shock-jock on a par with Littlejohn or Hopkins. Which given the usual panel make-up, begs the question: as the token what?
I couldn't help thinking of Frankie Howard when i was watching Charles Moore getting worked up. his fingers pointing everywhere and all you hear from is, Hmm ahh, yes. well ahh.ermm ahh, I was half expecting to say  yes Mrs
               Emily Maitlis

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #389 on: November 10, 2017, 03:08:11 am »
I couldn't help thinking of Frankie Howard when i was watching Charles Moore getting worked up. his fingers pointing everywhere and all you hear from is, Hmm ahh, yes. well ahh.ermm ahh, I was half expecting to say  yes Mrs

Pour soul...Titter ye not, he could be one of your own.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #390 on: November 10, 2017, 11:45:54 am »
Just saw on Twitter the fat guy on the show getting worked up about blaming the Tories for the deaths of some disabled people is a Tory Councillor

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: November 10, 2017, 01:21:04 pm »
Just saw on Twitter the fat guy on the show getting worked up about blaming the Tories for the deaths of some disabled people is a Tory Councillor
The idiot who said Aditya Chakrabortty used inflammatory language just like Donald Drumpf without pointing out which points he disagreed with? Adityas points wern't inflammatory they were infuriating, they did make people angry and so they should when you hear some of the tragic stories. all down to Tory policies.
A mother was found dead in Halton this week. sitting in the cold wearing a coat and a scalf. she only put the heat on when the kids came home from school as her welfare had been stopped.
she had to go into a Hospitals intensive care, she was unable to attend a UC review. the review decided being in Intensive care is no excuse for attending their review and stopped her money.
Can you believe it. being in Intensive care is no excuse for not attending a UC review. words fail.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/mum-dies-alone-cold-house-13874491
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 01:22:43 pm by oldfordie »
               Emily Maitlis

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: November 16, 2017, 11:14:00 pm »
Bad enough that you have to see Rod Liddle on TV, but Emily Thornberry makes your toes curl. Awful.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #393 on: November 16, 2017, 11:22:11 pm »
Listening to the bulk of the audience hooting for a no deal Brexit is rather disheartening. Least Thornberry was trying to base things in the reality of what that would mean. Rod Liddle devolves further back into primordial slime each time I see him.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: November 16, 2017, 11:24:15 pm »
Listening to the bulk of the audience hooting for a no deal Brexit is rather disheartening. Least Thornberry was trying to base things in the reality of what that would mean. Rod Liddle devolves further back into primordial slime each time I see him.

Seems to be an equal mix of Leaver's and Remainer's.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: November 16, 2017, 11:25:49 pm »
Where do they get these people from.
All the panel are in agreement, this government is awful  it's incompetent, worst government in living memory. all receive a big round of applause.
Audience member says he's fed up with Labour and the left criticizing the government all the time. cue loud applause. :-[
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #396 on: November 16, 2017, 11:30:12 pm »
Seems to be an equal mix of Leaver's and Remainer's.

When they panned out when Thornberry was speaking, it was mainly to people shaking their heads at her. Seems to be some remainers in there though, yeah. One of them got to speak too.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: November 16, 2017, 11:33:51 pm »
When they panned out when Thornberry was speaking, it was mainly to people shaking their heads at her. Seems to be some remainers in there though, yeah. One of them got to speak too.

I would be shaking my head as well having to listen to Thornberry speak. I can imagine her family doing the same round the dinner table at Christmas.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: November 16, 2017, 11:45:53 pm »
Farron is applying the Frottage tactic (albeit not pioneered by him) to answering any political question.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #399 on: November 16, 2017, 11:50:20 pm »
I would be shaking my head as well having to listen to Thornberry speak. I can imagine her family doing the same round the dinner table at Christmas.

;D

I don't mind her so much as you seem to. Think Oldfordie's right about the audiences just being 'odd'. For an area which is overwhelmingly Labour, there were some odd reactions to bread and butter policies.