Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Welcome to Liverpool Thiago Alcantara
« Last post by KC7 on Yesterday at 11:38:17 pm »
What's with this "hindsight" suggestion?

The only thing worse than making up that the need for midfielders was merely "hindsight" in Summer 22 is doing likewise for CBs in January 2021.

Both windows, and inactivity in brining in the required transfers, banjaxed the seasons.

Summer 22 was bad, but absolutely nothing from any team touches January 2021.

Worth repeating; Top of the league, 1 injury prone CB left (Matip, who too would be out for the season during the window), players who worked their ass off to get us into that position, Robbo saying on LFCTV in late December that having done so hopefully help was coming in. There was no help coming in.

Jurgen stating signing a CB was "unlikely", to effectively end the season ot a team top of the league, I still cannot wrap my head around. It's the one question above any I'd love him to answer without any covering things up in regard to the current ownership. He doesnt complain, that's not in his nature, hes an employers dream, but it just leaves fans in the dark about what is going on. That was disgraceful. How the players would have felt knowing their efforts up to that point were in vain, and not because of on the field stuff.

Back to Summee of 22, and this alleged "hindsight".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/08/26/liverpool-seek-new-midfielder-jurgen-klopp-admits-got-wrong/

Liverpool to seek new midfielder after Jurgen Klopp admits he got it wrong (26 August 2022)

Jurgen Klopp has held a clear-the-air summit with his players and a “find a midfielder” conference with his scouts in an attempt to reverse Liverpool’s slow start to the season.

After suggesting Liverpool did not need to reinforce in midfield during pre-season, Klopp now admits the club are proactively trying to recruit before Thursday’s deadline.

The immediate concern, however, is securing the first league win of the Premier League campaign. Klopp gathered his squad after the defeat by Manchester United to re-impose the standards set during his five-year tenure.

On his midfield recruitment about-turn, Klopp said injuries had forced him into a rethink.

“I know we have had this discussion since it all started and I am the one who said we don’t need a midfielder and I was wrong. That’s the situation,” Klopp said. “But the specific point doesn’t change – we will do something but it has to be the right one. We will see.”

We then brought in....Melo on loan, a repeat of the Kabak trick.
News and Current Affairs / Re: Sexual Abuser Donald Trump Indicted
« Last post by GreatEx on Yesterday at 11:35:00 pm »
Can a person called Rachel mansplain?

It's a typo, he meant msnsplain
General Football and Sport / Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Last post by sonnyred on Yesterday at 11:31:48 pm »
Everton are gone, they are finished. They don't have the revenue to pay back the interest on their loans, or for the day to day running of the club. And they certainly don't have the revenue to pay both. I thnik they'll enter administration in the very near future because I don't see an alternative path unless an oil state buys them. But they are too heavily in debt and not the most attractive club. It's over, they will be flushed.
Media and Arts / Re: Favourite 5 British films ever
« Last post by TepidT2O on Yesterday at 11:30:21 pm »
I can't believe I haven't mentioned the Paddington films. 😀
Paddington 2 is a ‘perfect’ film. There aren’t many.  Films that could not have been made better.
Ticket and Travel Info / Re: Members Sales
« Last post by MightyRed42 on Yesterday at 11:30:06 pm »
I have a couple of games from 22/23 on my card. Just wanted to register interest for wolves but nothing showing up if I click on the option. Anyone having the same issue? Tried with 2 browsers.

The games you got to in 22/23, were the credit seats or STH seats?
« Last post by swoopy on Yesterday at 11:29:37 pm »
I have a couple of games from 22/23 on my card. Just wanted to register interest for wolves but nothing showing up if I click on the option. Anyone having the same issue? Tried with 2 browsers.

Have you got a membership? If so, you'll probably need to get on live chat. Plenty of people had this issue for Spurs in the 3+ sale where they couldn't see the registration page even though they were eligible, they were having to manually sort it. Just another thing on the long list of things.
« Last post by swoopy on Yesterday at 11:28:42 pm »
You need to have 4+ for Wolves. Last game of the season is nearly always a 4+

Nope. They've opened registration to 1+ like Spurs (incase it goes down that far)
General Football and Sport / Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Last post by TepidT2O on Yesterday at 11:28:23 pm »
Urgh greta
General Football and Sport / Re: World XI Teams of Decades
« Last post by PoetryInMotion on Yesterday at 11:26:31 pm »
Based on  Peak, Longevity, and Individual Achievements (Club).

Benzema should be ahead of Lewandowski.  Benzema has also shown more versatility; able to be effective as a support forward and a spearhead

Peak - Lewandowski once scored 41 goals in 29 league games. Benzema, though more than a goalscorer, has never come close to those levels. Benzema has only scored more than 23 goals twice in the entirety of La Liga career, while 23 is what Lewandowski scored in his first season for Barca, well past his peak.

Longevity - Similar levels

Individual Achievements - Both deserved to win a Ballon d'Or. Lewandowski was the spearhead of a Dortmund team that won two league titles and went to CL final, where he scored 4 goals in a CL Semifinal game against Real Madrid.

It's probably neck and neck between the two players, but with Messi and Mbappe on the side, I don't need all round forwards, which those two are - I need a pure goalscorer, and who better than Lewy from this generation.
Media and Arts / Re: Steve Albini 1962-2024
« Last post by elbow on Yesterday at 11:25:06 pm »
Not the most upstanding of humans, he's said some very shady things in the past.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10