Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3445951 times)

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Re: SolSeks is STILL the manager of Manchester United!!
« Reply #25920 on: April 18, 2019, 02:05:50 pm »
Thing is will MoPo(GoProDoRehMeFaSoLaTe) want to go there now? He is managing the CL semi-finalists, with a billion pound cheese room under his control, and a fantastic squad of improving players + Harry Kane.

Why would he want to ditch all that for a sixth place club, with no recent meaningful pedigree, a revolving door of managers and a squad that needs a major rebuild?

I accept there was a point late last year when he would have jumped at the chance, but things change quickly in football.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25921 on: April 18, 2019, 02:12:58 pm »
You've heard it here first... #PochettinoOut. Gotta keep ahead of the curve.

Ole is Old news.

It's only a matter of time before we see them flying banners over their ground wanting two managers out in the same season.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #25922 on: April 18, 2019, 02:16:26 pm »
Apparently 4 of the back 5 against Barcelona started a game in 2011 against Basel where they didn’t make it past the group stage.

Didn’t realise how bad the rebuild job they have there actually is. Probably on par with us under Hosgaon with the likes of konchesky and ngog starting games.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #25923 on: April 18, 2019, 04:09:30 pm »
Probably on par with us under Hosgaon

Bloody Hosgaon.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #25924 on: April 18, 2019, 07:46:15 pm »
Nonsense. They are not a sacking club.

If you take Ferguson out of the equation, they've actually got quite a long history of sacking managers pretty regularly

Prior to Fergusons arrival, they were replacing managers every 2 to 3 years on average

The longevity of Fergusons reign has helped them to rewrite history somewhat

But overall, they've always been a sacking club. They're just reverting to form now
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #25925 on: April 18, 2019, 08:01:59 pm »
Ole's starting to look like a kid who thought he won a ticket to the Chocolate factory but has ended up at Neverland.
He thought he was getting a jelly bean, but ended up with a Billie Jean.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25926 on: April 18, 2019, 08:07:13 pm »

Tremendous ;D

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25927 on: April 18, 2019, 09:59:01 pm »
If you take Ferguson out of the equation, they've actually got quite a long history of sacking managers pretty regularly

Prior to Fergusons arrival, they were replacing managers every 2 to 3 years on average

But overall, they've always been a sacking club. They're just reverting to form now

Said it many times, the supposed 'United Way' is just the Ferguson way.  And that way was 'Win fucking loads'.  I think most clubs would sign up for that.  Ferguson wasn't always all out attack, running down the wing and all that.  No, in his later years it was Rooney on the left, Park on the Right, stay tight and Ronaldo can get us something, particularly in tough games.

What much of their fanbase of the last 30 years want isn't fantastic football.  It's being winners.  Being able to tell everyone else they won.  Being able to hang banners at the Stretford End and sing about us.  It was about feeling better than anyone else, with surprisingly little joy attatched.

Not for all of them, by any means, but for a lot, it was about being attached to a team that won.  That sounds like I'm calling them all glory-hunters, but that's not what I mean.  I met so many who were interested in telling you that they were better than you, no matter your team. 

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #25928 on: April 18, 2019, 10:14:24 pm »
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #25929 on: April 18, 2019, 10:15:50 pm »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25930 on: April 18, 2019, 10:49:26 pm »

Haha! Brilliant!

It makes me laugh seeing Man Utd fans now saying they'll need to get Poch in soon. As if he'd want to go there; why the fucking hell would he leave Spurs to go and manage that shambles?

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #25931 on: April 18, 2019, 10:52:37 pm »
I don't get it
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25932 on: April 18, 2019, 11:13:24 pm »
Will not be surprised one jot if Oleh is sacked in the summer. If they don’t make Top 4, he’s done. They’re in a mess
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #25933 on: April 18, 2019, 11:17:09 pm »
Will not be surprised one jot if Oleh is sacked in the summer. If they don’t make Top 4, he’s done. They’re in a mess

Not a hope, their online fans might want him gone but the locals would never allow it.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #25934 on: April 18, 2019, 11:22:55 pm »

I think they have sacked all but three managers in their history. Busby, Ferguson (only just remember) and Mangnall; the only three men to win a league title with United. I could be wrong about that btw, especially with the whole 'mutual agreement' bollocks. The gap between Busby and Ferguson in titles isn't even their longest.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #25935 on: April 18, 2019, 11:27:40 pm »
I don't get it
Sorry if you don't get it; Blame it on the boogie.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #25936 on: April 18, 2019, 11:39:54 pm »
Not a hope, their online fans might want him gone but the locals would never allow it.

Indeed - people forget that there are, in my opinion, three sets of fans. Match-going fans, locale fans, and internet fans - not to say any one is of more merit than the other (or precedence); but the mindsets can range depending on the 'culture'.

It is practically the same with every club, but the 'big 4-6' who have wide-reaching international fanbases can have different footballing values due to their local culture and whatnot. And with the internet, well, we all know that the internet has spawned a whole new level of fan.

I keep coming back to this notion of Ole being their version of King Kenny - while there's a length and breadth of difference in footballing terms of course, it is what Ole represents and inspires that will drive the fanbase. The usual characters of the internet will just jump on any bandwagon that gives them exposure or a sense 'precedence', or influence (of course), but the Stretford End won't be sharpening their knives just yet.

It is when Fergie scales back from the touchline/dressing room when Ole should start to worry. He distanced himself when things went sour with Moyes and that is when the Stretford End went all-out on him.

If he doesn't get them top four, he'll have a hard time next season - personally, I think they'll get spawny somehow and Europa League will possibly appease the fanbase and shareholders enough to back him and I also think that Fergie will take up an 'official' position over the summer.

We'll see I guess - but yet again, it is interesting/funneh times down the M62 once again. Long may it continue.

Continually on 11,420.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #25937 on: April 19, 2019, 12:04:54 am »
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25938 on: April 19, 2019, 12:41:46 am »
It's one thing for fans to wax poetically about how their team will move on 10 players and then get 10 better ones but to see the press do it is kind of crazy.  Aside from a team that is in administration when has something like that ever happened and it worked out?  Aside from taking away playing time you can't force a player to move to another club and earn less (Hello Sturridge).  Just selling more than 4 of their players that aren't out of contract will take a small miracle.  Then to get new players in that don't want Sanchez level wages at the start, hah.  They have a huge mess to clean up....

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25939 on: April 19, 2019, 12:43:58 am »
The parking space thing is amazing if true. It surely isn't?

This guy turned nasty when managing Cardiff. His bullshit like 'United way' are a myth.

Would you trust this guy to spend £200 million? They genuinely need a whole new spine barring GK.

They have lost 5 from 7.
De Gea as one year left after this year on his contract. If they dont want to be a low block countering attacking team they also need a GK as De gea isnt very good with the ball at his feet or having to sweeper keeper on a high line

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25940 on: April 19, 2019, 12:46:37 am »

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #25941 on: April 19, 2019, 12:48:48 am »
And sex is six in Swedish.

I've always thougth sex with six is Swedish.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25942 on: April 19, 2019, 01:02:33 am »
You think fans online or locals have any say? This is Man Utd Inc. They cannot afford to contiue to wallow in mediocrity. See how Ole navigate through this. Honeymoon is well and truly over. Knives have been unsheathed. If they are not top 4 ... there will be blood. Ole may be a “legend” but he is no Bobby Charlton. Someone was comparing him to our Kenny - that’s a travesty to Kenny and even Kenny was removed
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25943 on: April 19, 2019, 01:17:43 am »
The massive issue they have is their two decent players, in their eyes, in de Gea and Pogba, both want massive new contracts which will put them on (near) parity with Sanchez.

I imagine the club would happily sell the latter but on the deal he’s on I doubt he’s going anywhere without one huge payoff. He’s got 3 years left on a £500k a week deal, so there’s £78m right there.

So they’ll end up giving massive deals to keep de Gea and Pogba.

This will then mean any new player they go after, especially if they don’t qualify for the CL, will demand massive deals too or they’ll go to one of the many better sides around.

They are a money making machine but they don’t have an endless pot of cash, and to get them up to the level of ourselves or City they really need to find 5 or 6 top top quality players. There is no way they’ll do that over anything less than 2 seasons (and that’s with perfect recruitment), which means they will also have to hope they can keep hold of the decent players they have/find.

I know they make a lot of money (for a football club), but three players on 500k a week would still be 12-15% of revenue?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #25944 on: April 19, 2019, 01:19:54 am »
De Gea will go with Mata and Herrera.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #25945 on: April 19, 2019, 01:21:27 am »
I know they make a lot of money (for a football club), but three players on 500k a week would still be 12-15% of revenue?

Yup, that was sort of my point. As much as they make they don’t have an infinite amount or an owner who will find a way to funnel more money in. So with the amount they need to buy, and with the prices the market is currently at, they’re going to struggle.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25946 on: April 19, 2019, 01:24:35 am »
Yup, that was sort of my point. As much as they make they don’t have an infinite amount or an owner who will find a way to funnel more money in. So with the amount they need to buy, and with the prices the market is currently at, they’re going to struggle.

Spot on. They’re not making Apple levels of money.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #25947 on: April 19, 2019, 01:45:31 am »
It's one thing for fans to wax poetically about how their team will move on 10 players and then get 10 better ones but to see the press do it is kind of crazy.  Aside from a team that is in administration when has something like that ever happened and it worked out?  Aside from taking away playing time you can't force a player to move to another club and earn less (Hello Sturridge).  Just selling more than 4 of their players that aren't out of contract will take a small miracle.  Then to get new players in that don't want Sanchez level wages at the start, hah.  They have a huge mess to clean up....
The supply just won't be there for them and that's another thing that will hamper their efforts to rebuild.
United fans think it's just so easy as flashing the United ass in a player's face, but there other factors involved.

Both Barca and Madrid need to replace players. Bayern is in serious need of a rebuild and then you have Chelsea who need strikers and more; Arsenal- who will also be vying for the same bracket of players. Then there are yet more clubs who will also be active in the market- Valencia, Napoli etc
It's going to be a mad Summer.

They can't hog the market. It would be incredibly difficult for them to "buy all the players!".
I see 2/3 top... erm "popular" signings maybe for them- "mercenaries" who know they will get a wage bump and 28-year olds.

The rest will want to play at clubs with a clear direction.

United are in the position where they are desparate for more big names to appease the fans and will be desparate to sign anyone from the top bracket- wages and all.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 01:56:14 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25948 on: April 19, 2019, 09:13:43 am »
You think fans online or locals have any say? This is Man Utd Inc. They cannot afford to contiue to wallow in mediocrity. See how Ole navigate through this. Honeymoon is well and truly over. Knives have been unsheathed. If they are not top 4 ... there will be blood. Ole may be a “legend” but he is no Bobby Charlton. Someone was comparing him to our Kenny - that’s a travesty to Kenny and even Kenny was removed

They categorically can afford it, they are fucking loaded.

Offline Stevie2810

• Main Stander
« Reply #25949 on: April 19, 2019, 10:40:51 am »
Matic Herrera and Sanchez back in training. Bailly also back this weekend.

More options available the better for next Wednesday.

I think a team of the below could get a result vs City.

De Gea
Young Lindelof Smalling shaw
Pogba Herrera matic
Lingard Rashford Martial

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #25950 on: April 19, 2019, 11:52:57 am »
Talking to a Manchester United fan yesterday.

He said they will pay £2BN to buy the best players as they are the biggest club in the world.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #25951 on: April 19, 2019, 11:54:50 am »

He said they will pay £2BN to buy the best players as they are the biggest club in the world.

Was he in a padded cell whilst you were speaking to him?

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25952 on: April 19, 2019, 11:56:59 am »

:lmao Either he's from 50 years in the future or he's confused about what millions and billions are

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #25953 on: April 19, 2019, 12:15:29 pm »

Bebe's price has gone up...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #25954 on: April 19, 2019, 12:19:29 pm »
Doesn't help them to spend another 200 M if they lack an organization that can spot a good player. They will just end up overspending on whoever is the hottest name on the market.

Klopp didn't spend that much in the beginning. Only after he had rebuilt the scouting and made some progress , did he spend big on a couple of established top players. I don't know if it was his choice or the owners, but it was wise.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #25955 on: April 19, 2019, 12:22:13 pm »

You really should stop hanging around school playgrounds mate, people will get the wrong idea.   :)
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #25956 on: April 19, 2019, 12:25:09 pm »
I've always thougth sex with six is Swedish.

I need to go to Sweden, these 3somes I'm having are getting boring.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #25957 on: April 19, 2019, 01:13:42 pm »
Doesn't help them to spend another 200 M if they lack an organization that can spot a good player. They will just end up overspending on whoever is the hottest name on the market.

Klopp didn't spend that much in the beginning. Only after he had rebuilt the scouting and made some progress , did he spend big on a couple of established top players. I don't know if it was his choice or the owners, but it was wise.

Klopp rebuilt the scouting network? I had not heard that. From what I understand, The scouting team is basically the old committee folks. The difference is that they have a manager who is looking for the same things.

I hope Man U spends more money on players. They have flushed so much down the toilette. :)
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #25958 on: April 19, 2019, 01:38:42 pm »
I think they can persuade players they have a blueprint, and they can offer big wages. They need a doF in so they can appear to have a blueprint. Whether that dof has any influence or lasts past Xmas is a different matter.
It's taken us a decade to get where we are from rock bottom? They can do it a bit faster with their greater wealth. Will it take new owners to do it though?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25959 on: April 19, 2019, 01:43:14 pm »
I think they can persuade players they have a blueprint, and they can offer big wages. They need a doF in so they can appear to have a blueprint. Whether that dof has any influence or lasts past Xmas is a different matter.
It's taken us a decade to get where we are from rock bottom? They can do it a bit faster with their greater wealth. Will it take new owners to do it though?
they need to feel humbled for want of a better word to go through such changes, not pump out that ‘biggest club in the world’ bullshit when you aren’t run at the level of clubs that are significantly lower on the status pole (atletico, Napoli, spurs, Dortmund), but I don’t think they are able to do so