Author Topic: Skybet Championship Thread  (Read 186566 times)

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Re: Skybet Championship Thread
« Reply #1200 on: August 6, 2020, 04:56:46 pm »
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 10:33:30 am by John C »
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Skybet Championship 2019/20 Season Thread
« Reply #1202 on: August 6, 2020, 05:08:22 pm »
Dry your eyes, Scotty

https://twitter.com/HunterGodson/status/1291295212648759296?s=20
This is amazing. Just a shame he didn't stop him talking for the chorus and started him again after.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1203 on: August 6, 2020, 05:28:20 pm »
Took me a good 10 seconds to realise that it was actually Scott Parker talking and not a lip-syncing job ;D
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1204 on: August 6, 2020, 09:20:07 pm »
Took me a good 10 seconds to realise that it was actually Scott Parker talking and not a lip-syncing job ;D
The beginning in particular is spot on!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1205 on: August 7, 2020, 04:22:00 pm »
Have just seen that league 1 and league 2 have introduced a salary cap of £2.5m and £1.25m effective immediately.

Not sure how they are going to do this when players are already on long term deals and it will be difficult to renegotiate them.

Sunderland, for example, have a current wage bill of around £25m. Most other teams seemed to be around £5m. How do you just cut that?

Pompey, Ipswich and Sunderland are furious at it as they have bigger grounds and so it gets rid of any advantage.

I think some sort of wage cap as a % of turnover is a good idea for all leagues but this seems a bit harsh.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1206 on: August 7, 2020, 04:56:39 pm »
Have just seen that league 1 and league 2 have introduced a salary cap of £2.5m and £1.25m effective immediately.

Not sure how they are going to do this when players are already on long term deals and it will be difficult to renegotiate them.

Sunderland, for example, have a current wage bill of around £25m. Most other teams seemed to be around £5m. How do you just cut that?

Pompey, Ipswich and Sunderland are furious at it as they have bigger grounds and so it gets rid of any advantage.

I think some sort of wage cap as a % of turnover is a good idea for all leagues but this seems a bit harsh.

Edited last post as it was incorrect. A bit more clarity now..

For existing contracts, the salary will only count as an agreed divisional average until it expires. They think the average will be around 1.7k a week. So any player earning over that will only have 1.7k of their wage counted towards calculating their clubs total.

I think.

So the bigger clubs will still have an advantage in the short term, until every player they have was contracted after today.

Under 21's can be paid anything - they don't count toward calculations.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2020, 05:05:57 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1207 on: August 7, 2020, 08:27:57 pm »
Will be heaven & hell in the championship now. Promotion will get you untold riches, relegation will be a death sentence, some high stakes.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #1208 on: August 8, 2020, 12:20:53 am »
Will be heaven & hell in the championship now. Promotion will get you untold riches, relegation will be a death sentence, some high stakes.

I honestly see a breakaway league, whether it's the Championship becoming "Premier League 2" or other. With most of league 1 & 2 sides going into regional leagues.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1209 on: August 8, 2020, 04:44:31 am »

Not really, I think it'll help lower league clubs be more financially stable. I reckon you will see bigger exodus of players from teams that get relegated from Championship to League 1 but thats not necessarily a bad thing. Many teams that get relegated from Championship suffer from poor discipline, club culture or are struggling financially : see teams like Sunderland, Wigan etc. It would be hard reset for them.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1210 on: August 8, 2020, 07:00:59 am »
With most of league 1 & 2 sides going into regional leagues.

No chance of that happening. There are some huge, really well supported clubs down there.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1211 on: September 11, 2020, 08:08:24 pm »
Only heard of 5 of this Watford side. They have 17 players unavailable apparently.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1212 on: September 11, 2020, 08:15:03 pm »
Deeney’s only not playing because of the rise in cases.
AHA!

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #1213 on: September 11, 2020, 09:20:38 pm »
New thread? 

Also it's clear that Colin Wanker's only point of being now is to somehow prove Charles Reep was actually right all these years later.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1214 on: September 11, 2020, 09:26:03 pm »
Joao Pedro looks good. Should tear up the Championship if he can handle the physicality. Think Watford missed a trick not trusting him towards the end of last season.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1215 on: September 12, 2020, 12:35:44 pm »
No Benrahma in the squad for Brentford today so assume he’s on his way. Not sure who he’s been linked with though.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1216 on: September 12, 2020, 03:52:35 pm »
Probably one of the most open seasons, can't call it at all.

Ex red Ejaria scores a great goal for Reading, they are leading Derby 2-0.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1217 on: September 12, 2020, 04:55:18 pm »
League 2 favourites Bolton lose 1-0 at home to the mighty Forest Green Rovers.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1218 on: September 12, 2020, 09:17:14 pm »
Can we have an updated thread title please.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1219 on: September 13, 2020, 01:34:54 am »
Brentford lose and will probably lose their best player as well. It would have been refreshing to see them in the Premier League instead of Fulham seeing as that I don't think they'll be anywhere near promotion this time around.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1220 on: September 14, 2020, 04:07:14 pm »
Brentford lose and will probably lose their best player as well. It would have been refreshing to see them in the Premier League instead of Fulham seeing as that I don't think they'll be anywhere near promotion this time around.
I've been saying this in other discussions about them, last season really felt like the only chance they'd get in recent times, I can see it being another rebuild cycle of 2-3 years before they challenge again, and that's if they keep their recruitment team together and they have as many successes in the next round of recruitment.

If Benrahma goes, they need to be building around Dervisoglu and playing to Toney's strengths. It looks like they battered Birmingham really at the weekend, having 16 shots and 64% possession, so not all is lost, but they've undoubtedly let their best attacker go (for a great fee) and Benrahma and Raya could easily follow.

Some of my family are big Crewe fans, so watched an hour of them at the weekend, looked like they were a bit disjointed with a lot of new signings in the team, against a Charlton side still with a lot of Championship quality players. They conceded two in the first half then boxed Charlton in, missing some decent chances and hitting the woodwork a few times, but they didn't ever quite convince. They're missing Tommy Lowery for sure - that lad has the talent to play Championship football at some point in his career. Like a League 2 Barry Bannan.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1221 on: September 25, 2020, 09:35:50 pm »
Can't remember how many times I posted on here about Forest being a rank average outfit last season. They were a good example of how you should use analytics to look beyond the bare form. Lamouchi is fucking awful, I hope and think this is it for him. What kind of morons would give him a new contract after that shit sandwich last season?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1222 on: September 25, 2020, 09:41:42 pm »
Can't remember how many times I posted on here about Forest being a rank average outfit last season. They were a good example of how you should use analytics to look beyond the bare form. Lamouchi is fucking awful, I hope and think this is it for him. What kind of morons would give him a new contract after that shit sandwich last season?

5 league defeats in a row, their worst run since 1992 apparently (when they were relegated from the Premier League?)...lovely stuff.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1223 on: September 25, 2020, 09:45:46 pm »
5 league defeats in a row, their worst run since 1992 apparently (when they were relegated from the Premier League?)...lovely stuff.

10 games without a win dating back to last season.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1224 on: October 6, 2020, 06:25:33 pm »
Finally Forest sack Lamouchi. Only months and months too late. The squad is horrible, he only brought cloggers.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1225 on: October 6, 2020, 07:15:01 pm »
Hughton is a good appointment for Forest.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1226 on: October 6, 2020, 07:32:31 pm »
Finally Forest sack Lamouchi. Only months and months too late. The squad is horrible, he only brought cloggers.

What’s wrong with Dutch players?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1227 on: October 12, 2020, 12:53:44 pm »
This has become a kind of EFL thread so..

Salford have sacked Graham Alexander and given Paul Scholes the job on the interim.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #1228 on: October 16, 2020, 09:38:44 pm »
Derby are terrible and it's hilarious.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1229 on: October 23, 2020, 06:25:02 pm »
Forest v Derby tonight.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1230 on: October 23, 2020, 06:47:52 pm »
Forest v Derby tonight.

What a shitfest that promises to be!

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1231 on: October 27, 2020, 08:17:58 pm »
Reading are absolutely flying this season.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1232 on: October 31, 2020, 02:34:35 pm »

You're 3-1 down at home vs Norwich and you get a penalty on 75 mins - score and you're back in the game... with 15 minutes to find that equaliser...

Bristol City's Wells does a panenka penalty - https://streamable.com/cfj8ku

Spoiler
Bristol lost 3-1
[close]
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1233 on: October 31, 2020, 08:00:56 pm »
You're 3-1 down at home vs Norwich and you get a penalty on 75 mins - score and you're back in the game... with 15 minutes to find that equaliser...

Bristol City's Wells does a panenka penalty - https://streamable.com/cfj8ku

Spoiler
Bristol lost 3-1
[close]

That's 3 points to England. ;D
#Sausages

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1234 on: November 1, 2020, 09:32:05 am »
Someone mentioned "He's no Ismaila Sarr" in the Diogo Jota thread so I had a look at his stats, 1 goal and 1 assist in just under 6 full games. Has anyone watched Watford enough to make a comment about how well he's played apart from those stats? Because going by stats alone, you can see why Watford were desperate to sell him this window, his value will only go down if he continues like this.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #1235 on: November 1, 2020, 09:45:59 am »
Anyone know why QPR played in a Feyenoord style kit at home to Cardiff, who played in their normal blue ? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1236 on: November 1, 2020, 09:59:03 am »
Anyone know why QPR played in a Feyenoord style kit at home to Cardiff, who played in their normal blue ? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Apparently it's their 3rd choice kit for this season so they gave it a run out: https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/inspired-by-r-past-311020/

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1237 on: November 7, 2020, 05:12:20 pm »
Just watch the Derby County game and jesus it's a good job they getting taken over as if not they would of got relagated.  Shocking.  Still might but at least they might be able to sack Cocu now at least.
choose Life.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1238 on: November 10, 2020, 03:58:02 pm »
Sheffield Wednesday fans probably thought 2020 couldn't get any worse. Then they hear that the three managers linked with their club are Tony Pulis, Sol Campbell and Phil Neville.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1239 on: November 14, 2020, 05:14:01 pm »
Cocu sacked by Derby.

Wayne Rooney as player manager incoming.