Author Topic: Chelsea - schooled by Liverpool's kids  (Read 191126 times)

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chelsea - The Saudi money is just RESTING in Todd Boehly's Account
« Reply #280 on: August 14, 2023, 09:34:08 pm »
Probably Fernandez and Gvardiol from the Premier League list.
Mbappe and Gvardiol for me. What an utterly shit list, if bums like Lukaku and Maguire command those kind of fees, wonder what players like Zidane, Batistuta, Del Piero, Ronaldo, Henry etc would've gone for.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 09:39:07 pm by I've been a good boy »

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #281 on: August 14, 2023, 09:45:45 pm »
It's not a loophole (you would think they had found a way of ignoring profit and loss.) Chelsea were spreading the cost over 8 years instead of 5. The reason they want stop it is the timeframe for a gamble (which is what Chelsea are currently doing) is longer, which means they could fuck things up even worse. they are still up shit creek in a few years, but now the scale of the gamble becomes clearer that much quicker.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #282 on: August 14, 2023, 10:16:14 pm »
I just read that after Caicedo, now "Roméo Lavia would prefer to join Chelsea rather than Liverpool".

Did I wake up in an alternate timeline or some bizarro world?

Chelsea don't just want to beat us to players by overpaying, they also want to put a PR hit out on us to suggest players have chosen them and "snubbed" us. Witness Jacob Steinberg (a clear Boehly mouthpiece since Thursday) being the only one to carry the story that we bid £60m for Lavia, whilst none of the Liverpool patch did. Then lo and behold, Southampton accepted £50m plus add ons from Chelsea the same day, cos that makes sense.

Now I can just about believe that Caicedo might have preferred Chelsea (though I still believe agent backhanders after Thursday swung it back their way), but this Lavia stuff "choosing Chelsea" reeks of absolute bullshit to me. Most likely scenario is Chelsea are the only ones who've put in a bid Southampton would accept.

We still should've just offered them £50m weeks ago, so we're hardly above blame.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #283 on: August 14, 2023, 10:19:09 pm »
Cucurella about to go on loan to newcastle.

Imagine any other club loaning out a defender who cost £62m after one season. The lack of criticism is deafening

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: August 14, 2023, 11:05:46 pm »
How’s the blinkered, ostriches getting on in here these days?

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: August 14, 2023, 11:12:47 pm »
Cucurella about to go on loan to newcastle.

Is this the plan - break every rule with Chelsea then loan/sell to newcastle for pennies so they never break FFP?

Going to KSA after one season and a bonkers fee? Not dodgy at all; very reasonable stuff.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #286 on: August 14, 2023, 11:42:20 pm »
How’s the blinkered, ostriches getting on in here these days?

Spouting your shit in a Chelsea forum of all places? Do one.
We are Liverpool!

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: August 14, 2023, 11:50:28 pm »
Going to KSA after one season and a bonkers fee? Not dodgy at all; very reasonable stuff.

Be careful, Al will jump on you and demand that you provide a solid proof of any connection between KSA and Chelsea ...

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: August 14, 2023, 11:51:35 pm »
Spouting your shit in a Chelsea forum of all places? Do one.

Do one YOURSELFO. PLEB.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #289 on: August 15, 2023, 06:14:10 am »
Imagine any other club loaning out a defender who cost £62m after one season. The lack of criticism is deafening

Intensely annoying the lack of questioning they get for the classless way they operate. Hopefully they will pay a severe price for it, they are going to end up in trouble by taking too many risks. Not that the idiot will care.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #290 on: August 15, 2023, 08:58:24 am »
Be careful, Al will jump on you and demand that you provide a solid proof of any connection between KSA and Chelsea ...

Why actually have evidence for something when you can be Mac Red and spout things with absolute certainty.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: August 15, 2023, 09:58:09 am »
Intensely annoying the lack of questioning they get for the classless way they operate. Hopefully they will pay a severe price for it, they are going to end up in trouble by taking too many risks. Not that the idiot will care.
Seems like they are ok being fined. Won't make a difference to them.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #292 on: August 15, 2023, 10:41:52 am »
Seems like they are ok being fined. Won't make a difference to them.

It does make a difference though.

For UEFA a fine is the first sanction and can be accompanied by a squad restriction or other penalty. The fine then makes it more difficult to comply with FFP the next time and then sanctions then become more onerous.

For the Premier League P&S rules clubs have to come up with a business plan that shows how they are going to avoid breaching P&S and have to consult with the Premier League on transfers and the Premier League can refuse to register players.

What people are failing to understand is that this Chelsea ownership group hasn't broken FFP or P&S and may well not end up doing so.     
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: August 15, 2023, 10:52:31 am »
It's not said enough how Chelsea and Roman laid the groundwork for the sportswashing running through the game now. In fact, I think it's the most effective sportswashing cases there has ever been up until his buddy decided to invade Ukraine. Because even after that Roman and his legacy doesn't have the toxic legacy it deserves. Him and Chelsea have done more damage to our game than anyone else in my opinion. The way they are acting now all comes from the foundations and arrogant cheating the system that he put in place.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #294 on: August 15, 2023, 11:07:14 am »
Threw in a public transfer request in January to try and force a move because he was too big for Brighton. Now he’s also too big to go to Liverpool and instead fancied Chelsea, where he’ll join the other 160 signings they’ve made over the last year or two.

Don’t wish him an injury, that’s small time, but I hope he flops and gets hounded by the gutter press.

When you put it like that, we would only have had 18 months out of him before he started pushing for Barca/Real/Saudi so to be honest, who cares about him.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #295 on: August 15, 2023, 11:35:59 am »
It's not said enough how Chelsea and Roman laid the groundwork for the sportswashing running through the game now. In fact, I think it's the most effective sportswashing cases there has ever been up until his buddy decided to invade Ukraine. Because even after that Roman and his legacy doesn't have the toxic legacy it deserves. Him and Chelsea have done more damage to our game than anyone else in my opinion. The way they are acting now all comes from the foundations and arrogant cheating the system that he put in place.

Chelsea are also using the Abramovich strategy of investing massively in the Academy which is exempt from FFP. Then years later offloading those players for big balance sheet profits to subsidise their spending on ready-made players. Their academy is just industrialised cheating.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #296 on: August 15, 2023, 11:50:26 am »
As I’ve said before: the EPL is run by & for its member clubs. The likes of Chelsea are effectively cheating the other members. No wonder John Henry is mildly perturbed. Why would they put up with what they & City are doing? The other clubs (that can afford it) might as well spend whatever they want.

Chelsea have gradually become an agency.
They are now like those agencies who provide nurses and teachers to cover shortfalls.
They buy as many players as they can and then lease them out to clubs who need a CB or a DM or a GK.
They are controlling the availability of players in the market.
Lavia going there to sit on his arse like Salah and KdB did, only now these players are on 8\9 year contracts.

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: August 15, 2023, 11:53:54 am »
It's funny all the media and pundits back slapping Chelsea and their deals, totally oblivious to the fact that their money is ruining football. When talk of the ESL happened, they were all united in their disgust (Inc the hypocritical Govt and public)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #298 on: August 15, 2023, 12:03:14 pm »
I agree that Chelsea are probably the most effective sportswash the game has had the misfortune to encounter. Even today so many people leave them off the list when talking about sportswashing and concentrate on Abu Dhabi, Saudicastle and Qatari St. Germain.

The Chelsea sportswash has generally been absorbed into English football's fabric now and they are seen as a legitimate club. Personally, I don't recognise anything they've done. Their European cups are meaningless and their name on it is a stain. They have always been a repulsive little club with a largely repulsive fanbase, but it went up several levels when they were sportswashed by Abramovich. They are still a repulsive little club, but have managed to buy credibility in the eyes of far too many people now.

Letting Abramovich in started the decline of our game into industrial scale cheating. The baton has since been passed on to the other sportswashing fronts already mentioned. All cancers killing our game for their own personal and political ends.

Abramovich will always head the rogues gallery for me. Only his war criminal mate put paid to his trashing of our game, but his departure still left his toxic legacy in place, stinking out the sport whilst hiding behind the name of Chelsea FC.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 12:04:51 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: August 15, 2023, 12:14:33 pm »
Chelsea net spend this summer is lower than ours? (Not inc Lavia deal). :o

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: August 15, 2023, 12:33:52 pm »

Not sure that's right. I think you'd have to count all of MacAllister's add-ons, and none of Chelsea's.
It would have been true prior to the Caicedo signing, mainly due to the sales of Mount and Havertz.

In any case, it's a daft statistic because they've spent 200m+ in the two previous windows as well.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #301 on: August 15, 2023, 12:36:17 pm »

Why is that surprising they have sold around players for around £215m.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: August 15, 2023, 12:46:40 pm »
They lose around £150m-£200m every year before transfers. Last season, they had a bloated wage bill and they spent £600m (still adds up regardless of amortization). I don't see how they pass PL's FFP when considering the last 3 seasons.

According to the PL rules, a club can lose £105m in 3 seasons. In the first two seasons (I.e 20/21 and 21/22), they have an accumulated loss of £260m (before adjustments) which is almost double the limit and there is no way they made a profit last season.

I'm honestly baffled by journalists' attempts to portray them as compliant. "Oh, they sold some players! Very smart!".
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 01:26:58 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: August 15, 2023, 12:54:25 pm »
They lose around £150m-£200m every year before transfers. Last season, they had a bloated wage bill and they spent £600m (still adds up regardless of amortization). I don't see how they pass PL's FFP when considering the last 3 seasons.

According to the PL rules, a club can lose £105m in 3 seasons. In the first two seasons (I.e 20/21 and 21/22), they have an accumulated loss of £260m which is almost double the limit and there is no way they made a profit last season.

I'm honestly baffled by journalists' attempts to portray them as compliant. "Oh, they sold some players! Very smart!".

They wont comply with the PLs FFP nor are they remotely arsed. They know the likely outcome is a fine which they can comfortably swallow and they'll go again.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: August 15, 2023, 01:42:50 pm »

Actually, it isn't after the Caicedo deal, let alone the Lavia deal - their net spend after Caicedo of about 70m, ours is 50m. 

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: August 15, 2023, 01:45:02 pm »
Actually, it isn't after the Caicedo deal, let alone the Lavia deal - their net spend after Caicedo of about 70m, ours is 50m. 

And they aren't done. They probably want a keeper and a striker.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #306 on: August 15, 2023, 01:45:38 pm »
An absolute shit stain of a club.
We are Liverpool!

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: August 15, 2023, 01:48:29 pm »
the media have been obviously muted. any peep and they will be found in a barrel full of concrete at the bottom of pacific ocean. case will be deemed as suicide obviously.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: August 15, 2023, 01:49:56 pm »
That's being generous to shit stains. Would love nothing more than for these dickheads and Abu Dhabi and Saudicastle to liquidate.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #309 on: August 15, 2023, 02:54:29 pm »
And they aren't done. They probably want a keeper and a striker.
They're buying Michael Olise from Palace for around 32m quid.

Football is easy when you don't have to play by the rules.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #310 on: August 15, 2023, 02:55:19 pm »
They're buying Michael Olise from Palace for around 32m quid.

Football is easy when you don't have to play by the rules.

They are playing by the rules though.  It could blow up in their faces eventually because they're taking a massive gamble, but they're within the rules at the moment.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #311 on: August 15, 2023, 02:56:28 pm »

They are Millwall with money.
#Sausages

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: August 15, 2023, 04:19:56 pm »

Is there any beside that PIF is 1 out 400+ investors in Clearlake?
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #313 on: August 15, 2023, 04:55:20 pm »

I hate the Abu Dhabi sportwashing project as a matter of principle, and their fans can be insufferable.

But fucking hell, I think I despise these more. Acting like absolute shitstains and their fans are a hundred times more cuntish than the Abu Dhabi knobheads.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #314 on: August 15, 2023, 04:59:17 pm »
The proceeds from the sale will be frozen in a UK bank account until the government has received further assurances that the money will solely go to support humanitarian causes in Ukraine.

Wonder where all this money is now?

Offline Jambo Power

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: August 15, 2023, 05:04:31 pm »

How exactly?

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: August 15, 2023, 05:08:11 pm »
It will be delicious when they eventually crumble :D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #317 on: August 15, 2023, 05:09:07 pm »
Chelsea’s Director of Football

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: August 15, 2023, 07:40:59 pm »
Irrespective of FFP and amortization, what happened to dodgy sponsorship in a vain attempt to cover things up?

These cheats' owners, whoever they are, are just giving money straight to the team. How is that allowed?

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: August 15, 2023, 08:10:06 pm »
It will be delicious when they eventually crumble :D

Oh yes. Stamford Bridge has become a footballing lunatic asylum.