Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 2 vs 0 Watford Jota 22’ Fabinho 89’ (pen)  (Read 17274 times)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: PL: Liverpool 2 vs 0 Watford Jota 22’ Fabinho 89’ (pen)
« Reply #200 on: April 2, 2022, 02:55:21 pm »
Was... was the referee decent today?

Not really. Not as good as bang average should be. Didn't give stuff he should have

But we won, so...
« Last Edit: April 2, 2022, 02:57:40 pm by ToneLa »

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: April 2, 2022, 02:55:30 pm »
This man brings shame upon Owls.

He's an owl eejit
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #202 on: April 2, 2022, 02:56:27 pm »
Wish they’d actually acknowledge that the second big chance was offside and would have been disallowed had he scored it
That would ruin their narrative that we're just a very lucky team to be where we are and that Manchester City are absolute angels who are the truly deserved overlords of football.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: April 2, 2022, 02:57:07 pm »
I thought Joseph Gomez was fantastic. We know he's a good defender but he was channeling his inner Trent today.

Yes, he was superb. Trent would have been proud of those crosses.

Also loved the moment late on when he beat the defender, who then had to resort to a cynical foul to stop him putting in another.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: April 2, 2022, 02:58:45 pm »
We had a shit load of games like this when we won the league, none more so that the one at home to Watford in that season, which was pretty much a carbon copy of this game.

https://www.google.com/search?q=liverpool+2+v+0+watford+19%2F20&rlz=1C1ONGR_en-gbGB929GB929&oq=liverpool+2+v+0+watford+19%2F20&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i22i29i30l3.4753j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=m;/g/11fls3bf7h;2;/m/02_tc;dt;fp;1;;

Exactly. Even the great Liverpool sides that won titles & European Cups on a regular basis won lots of matches without playing in top gear. Still, it's pissing off a lot of the anti-Liverpool mob so long may it continue.

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #205 on: April 2, 2022, 02:58:46 pm »
Hodgson's clueless response to the penalty reminds me of a few years back when he was asked what he thought about his side not having had any shots on target during the game. He replied "But we hit the post" When the interviewer pointed out that hitting the woodwork is not on target, he just couldn't get his head round it

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: April 2, 2022, 03:00:01 pm »
Job doniest of jobs done. Well done. Come on the mighty Burnley.
Lol. Get in mate!!!

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #207 on: April 2, 2022, 03:00:36 pm »
They’ve had unbelievable luck all season.  If you were a conspiracist, you would very much be looking at City as having way too much “coincidental” luck this season

Blue moon is the Abu Dhabi Ministry for misinformation - amplification section.
I’m convince they have some loon locked in a room back in the Gulf starting random threads and stoking the lunatic grievances. He sets one running and the thick bastards all repeat it
Can’t fill their ground for a quarter final of the Champions league without a struggle. Can’t sell out a cup semi final yet they have millions of fans in Manchestoh who can’t get to a game because of… (checks notes) traffic!
They have a tram stop. Anyone who has been to Old Trafford for the cricket will know how effective GM transport are at getting people to the ground and then away on trams. £5 return from Piccadilly. I assume they do the same for the footie.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: April 2, 2022, 03:01:07 pm »
Yes, he was superb. Trent would have been proud of those crosses.

Also loved the moment late on when he beat the defender, who then had to resort to a cynical foul to stop him putting in another.
Thought Joe was very good going forward. Not so defending. Lost his defensive bearings few times. Another thing is he seems to have lost a bit of pace?
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: April 2, 2022, 03:02:41 pm »
C'mon BURNLEY!
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #210 on: April 2, 2022, 03:05:43 pm »
We did the job that we needed to do especially after an international break but shout out to Gomez.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: April 2, 2022, 03:11:38 pm »
Thought Joe was very good going forward. Not so defending. Lost his defensive bearings few times. Another thing is he seems to have lost a bit of pace?

I thought he was fine defensively. Playing the Trent role does come with the risk of being caught out of position occasionally, but we're well set up to deal with that.

Yet another clean sheet speaks volumes.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: April 2, 2022, 03:14:57 pm »
Wasn’t a penalty because no one appealed for it :lmao

That’s not what VAR is for, not for giving a penalty in the 88th minute

:lmao

:duh
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #213 on: April 2, 2022, 03:39:48 pm »
Wasn’t a penalty because no one appealed for it :lmao

That’s not what VAR is for, not for giving a penalty in the 88th minute

:lmao

Deluded as ever is Roy - https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1510255752589496324 (his 2 minute post-match interview)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: April 2, 2022, 03:45:51 pm »
Both their chances looked offside
Reminds of all those “Burnley chances” and Fabinho’s quizzical response to the interviewer some weeks ago. Nothing to see there.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: April 2, 2022, 04:06:11 pm »
This man brings shame upon Owls.

I saw one on the house out back just after the game ended,an owl not a Roy that is,feathers all ruffled doing his head turning ashamed look.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #216 on: April 2, 2022, 04:11:52 pm »
Kind of a weird game. In a lot of ways I don’t think we got out of 2nd gear and Watford were so passive that it really wasn’t necessary to kick it up a gear. I’m pretty sure both of their good chances would have been offside to boot.  Not sure there’s much else to say or take from the game. We’re the clearly better side and that’s that.

On to Benfica.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #217 on: April 2, 2022, 04:40:46 pm »
We've won every 12:30 kick off this season.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #218 on: April 2, 2022, 04:52:53 pm »
We've won every 12:30 kick off this season.

Brighton at home was 12:30 kick off wasn't it?

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #219 on: April 2, 2022, 04:56:42 pm »
Brighton at home was 12:30 kick off wasn't it?
3pm

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: April 2, 2022, 05:31:30 pm »
First of all and last of all we won. Clean sheet, no injuries (Jones ??).
Mo got through 75 minutes off form and will be better for it (I hope). He missed Trent giving him angles and options I think. Too many defenders, not enough space and not enough options.
Jota scored again and had some really good moments. His link up play was much better today. He's a killer when he gets a chance.
Bobby played well and got time into his legs.
The forwards as a collective had a difficult time mostly because The Owl stuck 15 behind the ball at every opportunity.

The midfield held their concentration very well and Jones got an hour into his legs. Thiago was fun to watch. They were solid and strangled Watford.

Likewise the defence. I though Joe did better going forward than I've seen before. Goalie ... well...

It felt like we never made many chances but thinking back we had a couple of good ones from corners second half. Difficult when half of the town of Watford was camped in their box always. A classic Roy performance against us. I've seen it over and over again. How can you win if you don't attack ?

So job done. Be interesting to watch the second half again knowing the score because we absolutely controlled it.

Allied to that Trent, Diaz, Mané all got rest

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: April 2, 2022, 05:39:43 pm »
It was an unusual game wasn't it.
Slightly less than a typical 'job done' performance than Burnley away, but of course an entirely satisfactory and immensely important 3 points.

I thought Tiago was superb, Gomez was brilliant, but not an awful lot to write home about except the indelible pressure we maintain on those other pricks.

I really, really does kick off from here. Heads up Reds, we're on the march.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: April 2, 2022, 05:52:35 pm »
Deluded as ever is Roy - https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1510255752589496324 (his 2 minute post-match interview)

Found a gif of the interview.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: April 2, 2022, 06:11:33 pm »
The ground was flat and the game was very boring, but in the words of William Blake

“Without contraries is no progression. Attraction and repulsion, reason and energy, love and hate, are necessary to human existence.”

important 3 points, up the reds
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: April 2, 2022, 06:41:00 pm »
Was... was the referee decent today?

Wasn’t the worst performance from a ref that we have seen this season to be fair, just wish he didn’t get in the way of play so much as we were passing it around

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: April 2, 2022, 06:50:52 pm »
Blue moon is the Abu Dhabi Ministry for misinformation - amplification section.
I’m convince they have some loon locked in a room back in the Gulf starting random threads and stoking the lunatic grievances. He sets one running and the thick bastards all repeat it
Can’t fill their ground for a quarter final of the Champions league without a struggle. Can’t sell out a cup semi final yet they have millions of fans in Manchestoh who can’t get to a game because of… (checks notes) traffic!
They have a tram stop. Anyone who has been to Old Trafford for the cricket will know how effective GM transport are at getting people to the ground and then away on trams. £5 return from Piccadilly. I assume they do the same for the footie.

Yet they attract more commercial income than us, Man Utd, Madrid and Barca who could fill their stadiums twice over. Hmmmm

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #226 on: April 2, 2022, 09:13:07 pm »
Brilliant result. On we go.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #227 on: April 2, 2022, 09:27:32 pm »
yeah, thinking back on how i felt during the game, there wasnt a moment really, where i thought we were in danger from them.
little disconnected after the internationals, to be expected, so now its onto the real football business..c'mon t'fuck
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #228 on: April 2, 2022, 09:37:21 pm »
It was an unusual game wasn't it.
Slightly less than a typical 'job done' performance than Burnley away, but of course an entirely satisfactory and immensely important 3 points.

I thought Tiago was superb, Gomez was brilliant, but not an awful lot to write home about except the indelible pressure we maintain on those other pricks.

I really, really does kick off from here. Heads up Reds, we're on the march.

Standard fare after an international break given the kick off time and opposition. A lot of ours had World Cup play offs while many of City's got a rest (including De Bruyne who scored their first goal).

Especially when you look at the Chelsea's result with Tuchel bemoaning the international exertions. It was all just about ticking the win off.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: April 2, 2022, 09:52:03 pm »
wasnt an easy game. some of our players looked tired, especially salah. a few of them were involved in tough games during the week. thiago was outstanding. last season was a right off for him. he was 100% physically. he looks like the old thiago again now. looks leaner and gets around the pitch much better. pure class.

i liked Firmino today also. the energy looks to be back.

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
« Reply #230 on: April 2, 2022, 10:09:03 pm »
Any links to the goals or highlights please,missed it due to work commitments.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #231 on: April 2, 2022, 10:16:40 pm »
The older he gets the more like an owl chick he looks!
The picture of Dorian Greylag Goose?
Sort of...

If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #232 on: April 2, 2022, 10:23:27 pm »
First of all and last of all we won. Clean sheet, no injuries (Jones ??).
Mo got through 75 minutes off form and will be better for it (I hope). He missed Trent giving him angles and options I think. Too many defenders, not enough space and not enough options.
Jota scored again and had some really good moments. His link up play was much better today. He's a killer when he gets a chance.
Bobby played well and got time into his legs.
The forwards as a collective had a difficult time mostly because The Owl stuck 15 behind the ball at every opportunity.

The midfield held their concentration very well and Jones got an hour into his legs. Thiago was fun to watch. They were solid and strangled Watford.

Likewise the defence. I though Joe did better going forward than I've seen before. Goalie ... well...

It felt like we never made many chances but thinking back we had a couple of good ones from corners second half. Difficult when half of the town of Watford was camped in their box always. A classic Roy performance against us. I've seen it over and over again. How can you win if you don't attack ?

So job done. Be interesting to watch the second half again knowing the score because we absolutely controlled it.

Allied to that Trent, Diaz, Mané all got rest
Thanks for that mate; very good summary  :thumbup
Saved me a lot of typing  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #233 on: April 2, 2022, 10:55:35 pm »
Surprise, surprise. MOTD talked about two great chances that Watford had………they forgot to say that both were offside. An offside chance is not a chance…..you may as well include ones where there is a blatant foul or handball.
#JFT97

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: April 2, 2022, 10:58:53 pm »
Surprise, surprise. MOTD talked about two great chances that Watford had………they forgot to say that both were offside. An offside chance is not a chance…..you may as well include ones where there is a blatant foul or handball.

Not convinced the second chance was offside..looked very close. Wouldn’t have been confident if VAR looked at it. But missed anyway so doesn’t matter I suppose.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #235 on: April 3, 2022, 02:36:58 am »
We got some splendid penalty takers.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #236 on: April 3, 2022, 03:57:21 am »
Sarr was offside for the Joao Pedro chance & Kucha or whatever his name is was offside for the Alisson 1v1

the internet twitter people think we rode our luck here

get in the bin pronto
The change is cast

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: April 3, 2022, 04:04:11 am »
Job done.  Happy for Gomez.  20 goals in all comps for Jota is unreal. 

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #238 on: April 3, 2022, 06:24:04 am »
Not convinced the second chance was offside..looked very close. Wouldn’t have been confident if VAR looked at it. But missed anyway so doesn’t matter I suppose.

They showed an angle that showed he was just offside. Only saw it once though!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: April 3, 2022, 06:45:04 am »

I was working yesterday, was driving back from Scotland and kept checking the score on 5 Live - the reporter at Anfield kept banging on about it, she totally ignored the offsides too and then the dickheads in the studio kept repeating the same old shite.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA