Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 580157 times)

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
Shoulder makes the most sense since we know he played with injections at least once and it was still causing him problems as recently as a couple of games ago according to Klopp.

Good of Uruguay to give him chance to recover rather than test his resolve anyway.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Apparently has cut on his ankle that's causing discomfort.  These are friendlies anyway not South American qualifiers or anything.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Apparently has cut on his ankle that's causing discomfort.  These are friendlies anyway not South American qualifiers or anything.

Who said that? Makes sense because they are friendlies, if they were qualifiers he’d of went.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Maybe just taking the opportunity to rest and heal. Klopp was keep to distinguish between Jota being taken off to protect his health but Nunez was performance. Hopefully this can serve us well for the run in, as he's looked leggy the last few games.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Think we have been managing his minutes recently and he has been carrying something, hopefully a couple of weeks rest before the upcoming big games

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
Liverpool confirmed it now too, just says “Nunez will now miss the games due to an injury, as confirmed by the Uruguayan Football Association, and will instead receive treatment at the AXA Training Centre.”

Treatment on a cut?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1636854083070902274

Darwin Nunez out of the Uruguay squad after suffering a cut ankle in the Champions League defeat to Real Madrid.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
We are oddly incosistent when it comes to injuries. When we won the league and the CL, we hardly had any injury issues. We had a freakishly fit squad and could play the same 11 game after game. Then in between we've had 2 seasons that have been the worst in living memory. It's tempting to blame the staff, but isn't this largely the same group that did so well in our successful seasons?
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a Ł1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
After a few days with our medical department I expect it will turn septic. See you in 2025, Dazza.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
He's gonna lose the foot isn't he?

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
We are oddly incosistent when it comes to injuries. When we won the league and the CL, we hardly had any injury issues. We had a freakishly fit squad and could play the same 11 game after game. Then in between we've had 2 seasons that have been the worst in living memory. It's tempting to blame the staff, but isn't this largely the same group that did so well in our successful seasons?
The players who stayed mostly fit then got old, left, or are still not that injury prone. The players getting injured have been mostly new players or players who during that period missed a few games as well (Diaz Jota, Konate Thiago, Jones, Ramsay from the first group) (Matip, Gomez, Keita from the second group) it's only really Firmino and Milner who you'd stay were always available then who aren't now and still with the squad unless I'm missing an obvious one

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Firmino got injured quite a bit the last few years.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan

I would say we had average (maybe slightly above average) luck with injuries when we won the CL and League - we still had quite a few absences (just to name a few: Gomez breaking his leg when in the form of his life in early 2019; Fabinho missing a couple of months in 19-20; Adrian having to play loads of games in 19-20, which directly contributed to us going out of the FA Cup and CL that season; Keita and Chamberlain missing a lot of games or even whole seasons), but what we did have was Virgil, Wijnaldum, Trent, Robbo and the front three very rarely missing games, so we always had a certain foundation of 5-6 players to rely on. However, the idea that we could just pick the same XI all the time simply isn't true.

Our record with injuries is so freakishly bad this season and in 20-21, that people misremember other seasons as being lucky, when in fact they were just average and what other teams could expect to contend with in a "normal" season.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 08:02:15 am by decosabute »

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
I’d guess that his shoulder is still giving him grief
Seems to be the in thing to do...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
Would be interesting if you could group injuries by shoe sponsor, or even better, by boot model, if that info was available.
I would actually love to see that sort of data as well.

With all the sports science being applied to the modern-day footballer, that stat would be quite an interesting one along with footplate/sole used. Going back to my own personal findings, I did have Nike for many years both when playing football and rugby, yet move to Adidas Predators as Nike seemed to a) change their fit and b) (this is the boot tart speaking) came out with some godawful offerings that just looked horrendous (although Tiempo's always looked the biz)

Always have two different mouldies and varying stud lengths as well for whatever conditions are out there and at the age of 52 have never had any major tears, pulls or structural damage to my major joints, aside from a freak rabbit-hole injury many years ago.

On the same theme and as I mentioned in my previous post, would the fact that Melwood had more stable ground than the AXA also perhaps have something to do with it? New training pitches created from "made" ground rather than well bedded in turf? Weirdly, I was speaking to the old groundskeeper at Reading a few years back and he was telling me that a newly laid pitch does not have anywhere near the same grip than one that was freshly laid, as more established turf/grass was more reobust and also deeper rooted than newly laid thus giving more traction. To be honest, I was hugely surprised and taken aback at the amount of science that went into these things, as I thought all that was involved was spreading some seed on bare patches and cutting the grass constantly...

The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Just in case we were all getting too blasé about injuries, Kostas went off after 20 mins of Greece's game today with a rib injury.

Oh, and of course it was a friendly.  ::)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 06:13:56 pm by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thiago Alcântara remains out injured and is adhering to an individual programme after a hip complaint. [Paul Joyce]

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
See you in August Thiago!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Thiago Alcântara remains out injured and is adhering to an individual programme after a hip complaint. [Paul Joyce]

Not really surprised by that, he's an incredibly slow healer.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Not really surprised by that, he's an incredibly slow healer.

Do we not order Horse placenta anymore

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Just the week of games you'd desperately want Thiago for, our best midfielder by a mile at City last season. owns Arsenal everytime he plays them and has wrecked Chelsea at SB on his debut. Perfect. Gonna be a grim week.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Do we not order Horse placenta anymore

Seems the repeat prescription for inhalers hasn't been kept up to date either.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
FFS take a few painkillers and play.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The issue with Thiago - we had to have known that he was highly-injury prone before signing him but it was a risk we were willing to take. It's been compounded by the oft injured Keita and Ox, etc.

The Richarlison leg-breaker isn't one you can account for - but it is likely that he still would have been injured and missed 2 months that year anyway. Basically the best he plays is 70% of any season which might be fine in isolation.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
that'll learn 'im!

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Good grief.

Offline GazDean

• Main Stander
Is Darwin back training yet?

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
that'll learn 'im!
The problem with the majority of modern day footballers is unless they feel 100% then they don’t want to play …it’s a pity we didn’t have 11 players with the same mentality as Luis Suarez.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
If we had a manager who would test his resolve...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
Diaz back for City?

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
Diaz back for City?

Probably on the bench at best mate.

:)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
The problem with the majority of modern day footballers is unless they feel 100% then they don’t want to play …it’s a pity we didn’t have 11 players with the same mentality as Luis Suarez.

I dunno, I'm still pissed off Suárez didn't play for us the day after his meniscus surgury. Tainted his entire stint here for me.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
how do you know that?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
how do you know that?

Body language of course taking into consideration their hair style.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
Body language of course taking into consideration their hair style.
RAWK is blessed with so many body language PhD graduates.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
This is a very interesting piece on what might be wrong  with Bajcetic…

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/03/explaining-stefan-bajcetics-3-injury-possibilities-after-adductor-stress-response/

Thigh splints…. Ouch.

More detail on this here

https://www.ajronline.org/doi/full/10.2214/ajr.177.3.1770673

Symptoms of vague hip, groin, or thigh pain may be associated with stress-related changes in the proximal to mid femoral shaft (thigh splints).

This fits the idea of him having little pain…

So this seems to be precautionary in a young player so they don’t have long term effects on their career.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 08:07:40 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Amazing how we pick up injuries hithertoo unheard of.

Have long suspected Naby Keita would be abducted by aliens just as he was about
to hit peak fitness.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Just in case we were all getting too blasé about injuries, Kostas went off after 20 mins of Greece's game today with a rib injury.

Oh, and of course it was a friendly.  ::)

‘Rib injury’.

Rumour has it he’s done a Prince.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
‘Rib injury’.

Rumour has it he’s done a Prince.

Is this an auto-felony reference?
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias