Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2091578 times)

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #25280 on: July 1, 2022, 03:32:53 pm »
People in this thread always vastly over-estimate the number of people who ACTUALLY go to 13+, rather than just have the credits for 13+. There are probably loopholes and sweet spots with this new system, but the idea that there are loads of groups of friends out there who each have 13+ and also know others who can and will go to 13+ is just paranoia from those who think they're going to lose out.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25281 on: July 1, 2022, 03:34:05 pm »
Me, my 2 mates and my brother have 13+ games but all live in NI, so will not have 13+ for next season.

I mean if each of us were to transfer 13 games this season to someone we've never met.

ahh sorry i didn't read that way.   My understanding is that the club are going monitor this very closely and if people are transferring regularly they will be pulled up about it

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #25282 on: July 1, 2022, 03:34:44 pm »
People in this thread always vastly over-estimate the number of people who ACTUALLY go to 13+, rather than just have the credits for 13+. There are probably loopholes and sweet spots with this new system, but the idea that there are loads of groups of friends out there who each have 13+ and also know others who can and will go to 13+ is just paranoia from those who think they're going to lose out.

Agreed.

it is a MASSIVE gamble to transfer to people you don't know.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25283 on: July 1, 2022, 03:41:16 pm »
also a significant number of people don't have NFC smartphones. a friend has an older android and the only way is via QR code.

He can get a photo ID card

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25284 on: July 1, 2022, 03:43:23 pm »

I won't lose out but still think it's daft to not need memberships

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #25285 on: July 1, 2022, 03:44:20 pm »
I won't lose out but still think it's daft to not need memberships

You will though to take any kind of advantage.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25286 on: July 1, 2022, 03:45:11 pm »
Hence why they are going to phase it out over a number of games

how can they phase it out when the country still sells smartphones without NFC tech? are they expecting people to buy new phones?

i'd have got it if these phones weren't wildly in circulation, but they are.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2022, 03:47:05 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #25287 on: July 1, 2022, 03:47:45 pm »
how can they phase it out when the country still sells smartphones without NFC tech? are they expecting people to buy new phones?

Don't know, i don't work for the Club!!!  just passing on what i have heard

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25288 on: July 1, 2022, 03:58:05 pm »
You will though to take any kind of advantage.

I mean in terms of the fact I attend all games and don't transfer any anyway

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #25289 on: July 1, 2022, 03:59:18 pm »
I mean in terms of the fact I attend all games and don't transfer any anyway

Sorry, i know what you meant, what i mean is that for someone to take advantage of these credits in future they will need to be a member too.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25290 on: July 1, 2022, 04:09:43 pm »
Don't know, i don't work for the Club!!!  just passing on what i have heard

sorry i was just musing not actually asking you  ;D

it's a good thing, but only if the tech is accessible and actually works
YNWA.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25291 on: July 1, 2022, 04:12:46 pm »
Sorry, i know what you meant, what i mean is that for someone to take advantage of these credits in future they will need to be a member too.

Yeah, get you

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #25292 on: July 1, 2022, 04:20:47 pm »
You will be able to transfer to anyone on your friends and family, they don't have to be members, the credit will still go to them.  up to them to become a member or not after that.

Thanks for finally coming on to back me up on this was on my lonesome for a week 🤣

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #25293 on: July 1, 2022, 04:26:34 pm »
@sonofkenny any particular number for friends and family list?

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #25294 on: July 1, 2022, 04:29:45 pm »
I don’t agree with it at all.

I could just transfer my games to my partner to get them up to the 13, say they only have 11 I’ll transfer 2 in his name.

I just think if you can’t go. Sell back to the club.

Offline red number 9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Moses said "come forth" but we came first
« Reply #25295 on: July 1, 2022, 05:06:26 pm »
ahh sorry i didn't read that way.   My understanding is that the club are going monitor this very closely and if people are transferring regularly they will be pulled up about it

Good info as always SOK. 

It's a step in the right direction in my view but the club have got to keep on top of any abuse of the system.  I don't think it would be too many match-goers abusing the system but the touts would be all over it with burner phones.

Using the example mentioned above, if a tout has 6 cards * 19 games, each card can afford to transfer 6 matches per season whilst remaining at 13+.  This means a total of 36 credits (6 cards * 6 games) could be transferred to additional memberships the touts hold, jumping them from 6 to 8 cards with 13+ for the following season. 

Follow that logic forward and they could be up to 11 cards with 13+ the following season, 16 cards the year after that...

If the 13+ requirement reduces as you've suggested, they accelerate that even quicker.

Time will tell I guess.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25296 on: July 1, 2022, 05:07:07 pm »
I don’t agree with it at all.

I could just transfer my games to my partner to get them up to the 13, say they only have 11 I’ll transfer 2 in his name.

I just think if you can’t go. Sell back to the club.

Ah but its nice to sort out a mate once in a while that doesn't get to go often.  I have done this in the past or got a spare to take my Dad as he doesn't have the money to attend or pay membership every year.

Its rare I do it but there are odd occasions where I cannot get out of anything else.

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #25297 on: July 1, 2022, 05:09:13 pm »
Good news this, will stop the touts and make life a lot harder for them.

Just need to look at the aways next......
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #25298 on: July 1, 2022, 05:09:30 pm »
Cheers for the info sonofkenny
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline red number 9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Moses said "come forth" but we came first
« Reply #25299 on: July 1, 2022, 05:31:06 pm »

Just need to look at the aways next......

If they actually transfer the ticket, yes it will make it harder for the touts via locking the F&F down at the start of season but if they keep the ticket on a cheap burner, they can game the system to increase how many tickets they can tout.

We're talking about groups who are churning £10-20k per season touting match tickets and holding people's passports as deposits so they're hardly likely to be deterred by needing to spend a few £k on a batch of burner phones, particularly if they can double their opportunity within 2-3 seasons.

None of us like it, but why wouldn't they?

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #25300 on: July 1, 2022, 05:56:02 pm »

As has been the case for OVER A YEAR - if a member / STH doesn't have an NFC enabled phone then they need to get a photo ID card from the club. It was announced at the time NFC was introduced that these would become the only 2 methods of getting into the ground for home supporters.

Not sure you know how touts operate. If anything, the changes sonofkenny is talking about will actually improve the lives of the touts considerably as red number 9 pointed out.

Touts - in the traditional sense - don't transfer tickets via the club site you know; they literally hand over phones/screenshots or (in the old days) membership cards.

If you buy the ticket and attend the game, you get the credit for it.
If you buy the ticket but don't attend the game, you don't get the credit.
If you don't buy the ticket direct from the club, you don't get a credit.

It's hardly rocket science.

Agree wholeheartedly with this. Whilst it doesn't do anything to deter touting it will stop credit hunting.

I would even go further and put a limit on how many times per season a member/STH can transfer their ticket to someone else. For example - there is no possible excuse for a member/STH to transfer their ticket for more than half the games
« Last Edit: July 1, 2022, 06:18:37 pm by SalahsLeftFoot »

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #25301 on: July 1, 2022, 06:18:07 pm »
Ah but its nice to sort out a mate once in a while that doesn't get to go often.  I have done this in the past or got a spare to take my Dad as he doesn't have the money to attend or pay membership every year.

Its rare I do it but there are odd occasions where I cannot get out of anything else.

It is nice to do! I get that and there is no denying it, it’s just not the ‘fair’ way to do things haha!

But that’s the world I guess.

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #25302 on: July 1, 2022, 06:59:52 pm »
I have a question.

Lots of talk about members transferring to "boost' other members.

What happens if a STH transfers to a member? Does the member still get the credit for that home game?
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline James_1906

• Kopite
« Reply #25303 on: July 1, 2022, 07:25:22 pm »
I have a question.

What happens if a STH transfers to a member? Does the member still get the credit for that home game?
I'd hope not otherwise the amount of people on 13+ next season will be rediculous

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #25304 on: July 1, 2022, 08:01:08 pm »
I have a question.

That’s a very good point 😂😂

Offline theshirtmyfatherwore

• Main Stander
  • we had dreams and songs to sing.
« Reply #25305 on: July 1, 2022, 08:59:52 pm »
This is actually incorrect but your 2nd bit is correct, you can get junior tickets anywhere in the ground now (a strange ruling in a court about Tottenham discriminating against disabled forcing them to go into a set section) and you've been able to buy kids anywhere for the last couple seasons

What I would say tho is if your kid is young he'll probably complain he cant see all game because people are stood up. And unless you're in 13+ or in the auto cups already (which a new junior membership wouldnt be) then you've pretty much 0% chance of getting KOP tickets as they'd sell out before the ballot sale

Thanks for the replies everyone I’ll enter into ballot and hope for anything we can get . Not fussed which seats or which games, just be great to get going with my lad.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #25306 on: July 1, 2022, 11:11:19 pm »
This all sounds far fetched to me...none of seems thoroughly thought out. There so many loopholes and they are all helping the touts. By stopping normal fans passing on the odd tickets they are increasing the demand to buy from touts and therefore the prices will go up. Like the guy above me says they don't transfer through the club they will pass on burners. This is a dream for the touts..higher prices, being able to increase the amount of cards they hold in one season. They won't care if they lose the odd one.
Ps oh and nft doesn't work it will take 2-3 games with massive q's again to show that and reverse back to codes. If you want to tackle touts go on social media they are not hidding...look at the websites that resell and start canceling cards.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #25307 on: July 1, 2022, 11:42:27 pm »
Where does this whole thing leave the ST holders?? I mean are they ok to pass games etc!?? They won't lose the ST we all know that...there are touts with ST. Also hospos ...there is guy on Facebook who just raffled 2 tickets to 60people at £15 a pop. That's £900 for a pair for Crystal Palace that would cost him less then £600 cus he will buy it early with the discount.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #25308 on: July 1, 2022, 11:50:39 pm »
The club are being very naive if they think most people use nft to get in and q's will be a lot smaller cus they know how to use it now. Literally everyone I see scans a code to get in...the whole reason we go in quick now is cus we are not waving phones for 2min every time. We all know just to get ur code ready to save time and needless faffin around.

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25309 on: July 2, 2022, 03:16:24 am »
The club are being very naive if they think most people use nft to get in and q's will be a lot smaller cus they know how to use it now. Literally everyone I see scans a code to get in...the whole reason we go in quick now is cus we are not waving phones for 2min every time. We all know just to get ur code ready to save time and needless faffin around.

Yep, tried the NFC about 4 times last season , never worked for me. Bar code every time.

Offline MomoWasBoss

• customer tit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #25310 on: July 2, 2022, 05:29:08 am »
Yep, tried the NFC about 4 times last season , never worked for me. Bar code every time.

That could be down to the NFC tech on your phone. Mine has never worked either, but neither does my contactless apple pay so I think it is my device
We've got the best midfield in the world...

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25311 on: July 2, 2022, 07:27:01 am »
That could be down to the NFC tech on your phone. Mine has never worked either, but neither does my contactless apple pay so I think it is my device

Never had issues using the Google pay on it. We'll see next season. Hopefully not back to the massive queues when this kicks in.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25312 on: July 2, 2022, 09:17:54 am »
Where does this whole thing leave the ST holders?? I mean are they ok to pass games etc!?? They won't lose the ST we all know that...there are touts with ST. Also hospos ...there is guy on Facebook who just raffled 2 tickets to 60people at £15 a pop. That's £900 for a pair for Crystal Palace that would cost him less then £600 cus he will buy it early with the discount.

Yep  I'll be fucking livid if they are given a free pass.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25313 on: July 2, 2022, 09:31:57 am »

i have the latest iphone and i'm generally pretty tech savvy. i think NFC has worked 10 times or so in the 25 or so home games i went to when usually it works fine in other contactless places.

but also partly i don't wanna clog up the turnstile trying again so QRs are just easier.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2022, 09:36:52 am by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline redmen27

• Main Stander
« Reply #25314 on: July 2, 2022, 09:32:01 am »
That’s a very good point 😂😂

I don’t think a season ticket holder can transfer though ? Do their seats not just be sold back to the club to sell in the late availability sale ? Maybe I’m wrong
If theres no one at the crossroads..... give er loads!!!

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #25315 on: July 2, 2022, 10:52:30 am »
I don’t think a season ticket holder can transfer though ? Do their seats not just be sold back to the club to sell in the late availability sale ? Maybe I’m wrong

You are :)

STH can transfer the ticket to someone on their F&F, same as members, or sell it back to the club for credit

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #25316 on: July 2, 2022, 10:54:57 am »

The technology clearly works in some parts of the ground (maybe all) as 1000s of people manage to get in every week with it.

Maybe it's a load issue in terms of everyone trying to get in last minute and the tech can't cope. I normally go through the turnstiles about 20 minutes before kickoff and everyone else doing the same never seem to have a problem.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2022, 02:44:29 pm by SalahsLeftFoot »

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25317 on: July 2, 2022, 11:26:21 am »
Would’ve been better if it was Bluetooth brought in not NFC, there would be a lot less mobiles that don’t have Bluetooth compared to NFC. Whilst there was issues in Paris with it, what you got was the QR code didn’t activate and reveal itself till you got next to the turnstile.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2022, 11:28:31 am by stonecold_jpm »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25318 on: July 3, 2022, 01:34:52 pm »
Is a 16 year old classed as a young adult or Junior?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline James_1906

• Kopite
« Reply #25319 on: July 3, 2022, 01:56:30 pm »
Is a 16 year old classed as a young adult or Junior?
Junior