Author Topic: Steve McManaman - Legend or big time charlie????????  (Read 67499 times)

Offline oldboybailey

• Kopite
Re: Steve McManaman - Legend or big time charlie????????
« Reply #280 on: February 3, 2008, 04:55:53 am »
thats what im sayin, the 90's were rough goin, but at least macca made them exciting. could run past anyone with the ball. without him we'd ave been shit and boring:)

Offline Philys

• Main Stander
« Reply #281 on: February 3, 2008, 04:56:11 am »

Offline mikek1984

• Peel 'ed. Property of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT
« Reply #282 on: February 3, 2008, 04:56:12 am »
oh yeh, i seem to recall being at that final
wa wa wee wa
I LIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline Oingy Boingy

• Bisquitts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: February 3, 2008, 05:29:11 am »
he was on top form tonight fuckin dickend..........must report it in the im bitter about andy gray the bitter and  all other commentry gripes thread....craig burley needs a slap to what a c*nt...suit the wankstain better to go an look for his front teeth (ill give u a hint look on the end of albertz toe you fuckin slabber)
Indeed...

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: February 3, 2008, 06:26:33 am »
Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't it the club who tried to sell him behind his back, buy touting him to the big clubs. So once he found out, fuckin off on a free was his way of getting his own back couple years later

Yep, and agreed a contract with him and then tried to get out of it and change the terms.

Still, clearly Macca left because he was a c*nt...
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline jonnyredman

• Main Stander
« Reply #285 on: February 3, 2008, 08:23:05 am »
I always liked him as a player but since he left the club I have totally gone off him with the things he said and have done. I rememebr watching him get asked what his favourite ground to play on was and he said goodison which just shows he has no respect for the club that made him.

Offline Sasquatch

• Veteran fingerer of the bad times
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm hairy and very very smelly
« Reply #286 on: February 3, 2008, 10:59:25 am »
without him we'd ave been shit and boring:)

You're forgetting Robbie Fowler. And even Collymore. The THREE of them made us an exciting team to watch, though ultimately an unsuccessful one.

Offline the jesus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #287 on: February 3, 2008, 11:09:24 am »
All pundits are c*nts........failed managers or to frightened to try it.
There oppinions are no more valid than mine or yours
"We just stand beside each other, and help each other. And we make sure that what we’re doing, we’re doing correctly"- Kenny

“When you’re lost in a fog you must stick together. Then you don’t get lost. If there’s one secret to Liverpool, that’s it.” - Bob

Offline pompeyred

• lock up your bins
  • Anny Roader
  • NO PEACE TILL JUSTICE IS DONE JUSTICE FOR THE 97
« Reply #288 on: February 3, 2008, 11:42:38 am »
after last night it just confirmed like a brick to our headS what a c*nt macmoneyman is.
i met him once when the squad trained on a field near portsmouth . me decked in liverpool colours with me wife and 3 yr old kid back in 96 asked for auto graf and tried to make the time of day with him after training not during, looked at me like a c*nt, one of the first breed of over paid money grabin foootballers, where was he at wembley in 97 NO WHERE!
like others have said  he played well against shit teams   Bolton, celtic, totenham. etc
SOS Member #6283

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: February 3, 2008, 11:45:36 am »
Didnt he say he would bring his daughters as evertonians

I'm assuming he has not been blessed with sons? God is a Liverpool Fan.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #290 on: February 3, 2008, 12:04:59 pm »
When he was good he was good - rarely brilliant! Most of the time he played for us I thought he ran around so he could feel his wavey locks brushing the side of his face.  ;D I agree with others, my only regret is we never got any money from his sale. Although had moments of quality, nowhere near a legend for me.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #291 on: February 3, 2008, 12:09:17 pm »
Doesnt wind me up in the slightest. Really dont see the fuss with his punditry. There are much much bigger twats
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Mackinaw Peach

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Wigan address
« Reply #292 on: February 3, 2008, 12:29:09 pm »
In the mould of Souness. But Souey won things.

The Mop won 1 FA cup.

Surely tis in jest this post? How dare you reduce our 90s trophy haul to one! Macca pretty much won the Milk cup in 95 on his own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDpCRqopUzM (bet you'll watch the clip of God that's linked to it - go on, you'll be glad you did).

I take it you are comparing him to Souness in the cuntishment department only?

Offline Peeker

• Blames Rafa for fucking up Johnson deal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Simply Magnificent
« Reply #293 on: February 3, 2008, 12:52:09 pm »
Not really arsed what he says about us...Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Everyone also seems to blame Macca for his transfer to Madrid, but the club shit on him first and got what they deserved at the time.

I like to judge ex players on what they did on the pitch, and for me McManaman was one of the best and most entertaining Liverpool players ive ever seen play live.

Not sure about legend, but was a very very very good player for us.

Offline J_Bowie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: February 3, 2008, 12:59:16 pm »
He was good to watch, played with flair and speed. Twat of a fella. Never anything decent to say really when he does setanta games.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #295 on: February 3, 2008, 01:04:19 pm »
The problem is that although he played for us he remains a blue and speaks as such. Robbie was a blue but there's no doubt where his loyalty lies.

I wish he wouldn't be asked to comment on our games as though he's an ex-red who supports the club because he doesn't.

Offline Mark_P

• Stupid fucking little gosbite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: February 3, 2008, 01:12:52 pm »
Grade A twat.
Just GO you Yank twats.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #297 on: February 3, 2008, 01:17:22 pm »
legend. liverpool need a player exactly like him at the moment.

dont care about him as a person, just care about what he did on the pitch.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: February 3, 2008, 01:17:58 pm »
Fuckin hippy.  Get a haircut!
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Once a knob always a knob
« Reply #299 on: February 3, 2008, 01:18:30 pm »
You know, reading threads like this is why I just get the growing feeling that some of us accusing Everton fans of being bitter [whilst speaking the truth] is at times hilariously and embarrasingly hypocritical...

and it aint just on Mcmanaman either...

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: February 3, 2008, 01:32:51 pm »
I say lengend.
What he says off the field or on TV has nowt to do with him as a footballer.
Loved watchin' this fella in his pomp.
Deserves a lot more credit than he's gettin' on here I feel.

Offline Rock-N-Red

• Main Stander
  • 96 Never Forgotten
« Reply #301 on: February 3, 2008, 01:50:52 pm »
Is it just me or does anybody else get easily annoyed by the man, every time i see him he makes me cringe.

And after some recent outbursts in the media i hate the man even more.

Anyways i just wanted to see the opinion amongst us reds and see if you people share the same opinion as me i.e. "shut up and go away, you waste of time big time charlie wannabe" or do you class him as a legend.

Obviously the way he left this fantastic club of ours wasn't the best, however when he was here i'll be honest and say i never thought much of him them. 

I totally agree.

When Steve McManaman first started playing for Liverpool I was delighted. I thought he was going to be an exciting and talented player. How wrong I was. I only ever remember him dribbling the ball then losing possession. One famous manager once said, In football the only things that mater are how well you take the ball and how well you pass it on, what happened in between doesn't matter. McManaman was all ‘in between’.

I also think that McManaman became a very disruptive influence during his time at Liverpool and squad discipline suffered as a consequence. When he refused to renew his contract, so that he could have a free transfer to what he said was the best club in the world, i.e. Real Madrid, I was appalled. How can any Liverpool player regard any other club as better - even worse say so in public?

If all this wasn’t bad enough, McManaman was also responsible for Liverpool not signing Cristiano Ronaldo. I understand that as a boy and teenager, Ronaldo was a very keen Liverpool fan (that’s after his support for his own country's Benfica) and desperately wanted to play for us. At the time Houllier asked the then chief scout to check the young Ronaldo out. When he reported back to Houllier, the scout compared Ronaldo to the departing McManaman, saying ‘he’s just another dancer’. The result, Ronaldo ended up at Manchester. So, if it wasn’t for the bad experience with McManaman we would have signed Ronaldo and he would be playing for the team he originally loved.

Bruce Grobbelaar once had a famous bust up with McManaman - I think he actually hit him. At the time Bruce said he had got mad with McManaman because he showed absolutely no desire or commitment to play well for the club. I wish Bruce had knocked him out!

So to me, McManaman is certainly no Liverpool legend. Just a very average over opinionated player with a monster ego. His comments on Setanta the other night are  typical of him.

McManaman is currently Executive Director of Grandtop International Holdings, a company owned by the billionaire Carson Yeung and listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange but based in the Cayman Islands. The company recently tried to buy out Birmingham City and I understand that it was the main reason Steve Bruce left the club - apparently it caused Birmingham to renege on Bruce's contract extension. Grandtop Holdings also has extensive operations in the USA. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the company has some tie up with one of Hick’s operations and that McManaman has been recruited as part of Hick’s PR drive.

Offline elsombreroman

• Now 18 but check his id anyway. Potential hacker. The new Ken Dodd.
  • Kopite
« Reply #302 on: February 3, 2008, 02:18:36 pm »
Met him at Athens hes alright theres much worse ex-pool pundits....
You what lad?!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #303 on: February 3, 2008, 02:20:19 pm »
Is it just me or does anybody else get easily annoyed by the man, every time i see him he makes me cringe.

And after some recent outbursts in the media i hate the man even more.

Anyways i just wanted to see the opinion amongst us reds and see if you people share the same opinion as me i.e. "shut up and go away, you waste of time big time charlie wannabe" or do you class him as a legend.

Obviously the way he left this fantastic club of ours wasn't the best, however when he was here i'll be honest and say i never thought much of him them. 

chat

He's a bellend as is (sadly) Jamie Redknapp
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Peeker

• Blames Rafa for fucking up Johnson deal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Simply Magnificent
« Reply #304 on: February 3, 2008, 04:12:51 pm »
Redknapp is a bellend your right...I remember him saying "The Liverpool players have got to get some solid tackles in and get stuck in"....This coming from the biggest shithouse ive ever seen play in centre midfield...Only Beckham can match Redknapp when he comes to fannying out of tackles.

Also remember when he was with Keane as a studio guest and spent over 2 hours arsekissing him like he was terrified of upsetting him.

Tit.

Hes far worse than McManaman

Offline bridgetown

• Main Stander
  • If You've Got A Blue Nose Get Out of My Way.
« Reply #305 on: February 3, 2008, 06:16:52 pm »
Not an LFC legend.
"West Ham think they've won this"

Offline Wewonit6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: February 3, 2008, 06:25:38 pm »
You know, reading threads like this is why I just get the growing feeling that some of us accusing Everton fans of being bitter [whilst speaking the truth] is at times hilariously and embarrasingly hypocritical...

and it aint just on Mcmanaman either...

Your opinion regarding Liverpool football club means absolutely fuck all though. You support England, no one else.

Every time a pundit gets slagged off you're there sticking up for them, giving it the "bitter" shite. You're staggeringly clueless.

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Once a knob always a knob
« Reply #307 on: February 3, 2008, 07:30:40 pm »
Your opinion regarding Liverpool football club means absolutely fuck all though. You support England, no one else.

Every time a pundit gets slagged off you're there sticking up for them, giving it the "bitter" shite. You're staggeringly clueless.

Looks as though I have touched a nerve with this one, why am I not suprised  :P

Not nearly so 'staggeringly clueless' as someone who makes idiot assumptions and repeatedly and moronically questions someone who he has never met before's support  ::)

I dont think I am wrong, some of the bile on here is embarrassing, sometimes, and I am not the only one believe me, people occasionally question some of the things said and done on places like this, if you want to be a myopic sheep then it's up to you but dont you fucking tell me to stop speaking my mind because I wont listen
« Last Edit: February 3, 2008, 07:36:24 pm by Rizla »

Offline pool182

• Anny Roader
« Reply #308 on: February 3, 2008, 07:36:41 pm »
Great player but very dissapoiinted by his remarks towards the demonstration by loyal supporters after the sunderland game.

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: February 3, 2008, 07:38:21 pm »
I cannot put into workds the hatred i felt towards the wanker when he walked away from us without us getting a fucking penny.

Still boils me up just thinking about it.
Journalist: Without giving any secrets away, how do you practice when you haven't got a six foot seven player in the squad? How on earth can you prepare?

It's about beating him in the air, so we will use Mascherano against him!

NinjaVideo

Offline grimreaper

• this is a new one... ok it's shite but it is a no-brainer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: February 3, 2008, 07:38:21 pm »
cockhole

Offline Wewonit6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: February 3, 2008, 07:38:38 pm »
some of the bile on here is embarrassing

Fuck off somewhere else then you whopper. This place is so "bitter" and "embarassing" as you tell us all day every day yet you're on here all the time. Weird.

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: February 3, 2008, 07:51:24 pm »
I cannot put into workds the hatred i felt towards the wanker when he walked away from us without us getting a fucking penny.

Still boils me up just thinking about it.

How did you feel when the club offered him a contract which he agreed to and when he came to sign it tried to change the terms of it? Or when they were touting him round Europe behind his back?

Personally, I'd have walked away too in his position.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #313 on: February 3, 2008, 07:53:27 pm »
Redknapp is a bellend your right...I remember him saying "The Liverpool players have got to get some solid tackles in and get stuck in"....This coming from the biggest shithouse ive ever seen play in centre midfield...Only Beckham can match Redknapp when he comes to fannying out of tackles.

Oh how true that is.

I remember us losing 2-0 against United at OT. Scholes scored the 2nd with a beaute of a strike from outside the box. The ball flew into the top corner but our Jamie saw just enough of it... to pull his fuckin head out of the way. Fuckin wanker. He was getting paid a small fortune to stick his whole body in front of the ball if needs be.

Shanks would have crucified him.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: February 3, 2008, 07:54:07 pm »
How did you feel when the club offered him a contract which he agreed to and when he came to sign it tried to change the terms of it? Or when they were touting him round Europe behind his back?

Personally, I'd have walked away too in his position.

I don't believe you would've or are you also a Bitter turned Red  ? :lickin
Journalist: Without giving any secrets away, how do you practice when you haven't got a six foot seven player in the squad? How on earth can you prepare?

NinjaVideo

Offline wickolfc

• Seriously Thick Feedback Tourist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "He's big an he's fuckin' ard"
« Reply #315 on: February 3, 2008, 07:55:37 pm »
Class player, don't mind him personally.

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: February 3, 2008, 07:57:00 pm »
Class player, don't mind him personally.

He was a wonderfull player i guess that's why i felt so hurt.

NinjaVideo

Offline The Grim Reaper

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • **** PROUD INTERNET TERRORIST ****
« Reply #317 on: February 3, 2008, 07:57:07 pm »
Lost respect for him yesterday with some of his un-educated comments.
\\\\\\\"Never Argue With Idiots. They Will Bring You Down To Their Level and Beat You With Experience\\\\\\\

Offline BIGdavalad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: February 3, 2008, 07:58:36 pm »
I don't believe you would've or are you also a Bitter turned Red  ? :lickin

Fucking right I would have if the club had treated me with that little respect.

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: February 3, 2008, 07:58:53 pm »
Lost respect for him yesterday with some of his un-educated comments.

He's a fucking Blue end of story,that's why he doesn't get either us or the club, we've turned many a blue at our Club but that bastard just wasn't for turning.

NinjaVideo