Author Topic: Chelsea FC  (Read 341032 times)

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chelsea FC - the Prodigal Messiah Returns
« Reply #30000 on: June 21, 2023, 02:39:52 pm »
Just shows what kinda personality chelsea signed. those will easily move to retirement league for the money.

To think people rated Koulibaly as one of the best in the world at one point, now quitting competitive football after one bomb of a season. Awful mentality.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #30001 on: June 21, 2023, 03:27:49 pm »
To think people rated Koulibaly as one of the best in the world at one point, now quitting competitive football after one bomb of a season. Awful mentality.
yep, there was people here gagging for us to sign him the last time we won the champions league as Van Dijk was going to be suspended in the next round, literally came across like we should spend 90m on him for that one game.

There really is nothing special about him, I would rather have Thiago Silva even if he is 91
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30002 on: June 21, 2023, 04:57:53 pm »
Bailed out by Saudi Arabia and Arsenal for FFP then.

The only good and funny thing about this is the Mancs will now have to pay the £70m for Mount.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 05:00:23 pm by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30003 on: June 21, 2023, 06:25:41 pm »
I think this may be the straw which breaks the camel's back for a lot of people. It's actually left me feeling a bit despondent and led me to lash out at a Newcastle supporter today (not literally), who just doesn't seem to give a shit as long as his club are heading to the top of the pile.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30004 on: June 21, 2023, 06:42:39 pm »
I think this may be the straw which breaks the camel's back for a lot of people. It's actually left me feeling a bit despondent and led me to lash out at a Newcastle supporter today (not literally), who just doesn't seem to give a shit as long as his club are heading to the top of the pile.

I get you mate its not a great prospect is it.

As I stated on another topic PIF now own two clubs now in the same league its obvious who was throwing that £500-600m around.

Life goes on I guess it will make it easy to walk away.

They not stop at 2 clubs either see golf.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #30005 on: June 22, 2023, 01:30:58 pm »
They obviously have no plan at all ...

Probably they do , Saudi all the way

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #30006 on: June 22, 2023, 06:02:42 pm »
 ::)

Chelsea have acquired a majority stake (close to 100%) in Ligue 1 side Strasbourg. It’s the first addition to the multi-club model. 🤝

https://twitter.com/JacobsBen/status/1671919811289399305?s=20

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30007 on: June 22, 2023, 06:23:33 pm »

Chelsea have acquired a majority stake (close to 100%) in Ligue 1 side Strasbourg. It’s the first addition to the multi-club model. 🤝

That's how they'll get around the loan restrictions. Strasbourg will be their farm.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30008 on: June 22, 2023, 06:44:44 pm »
I get you mate its not a great prospect is it.

As I stated on another topic PIF now own two clubs now in the same league its obvious who was throwing that £500-600m around.

Life goes on I guess it will make it easy to walk away.

They not stop at 2 clubs either see golf.

Makes me think Abramovich still owns Chelsea and the Saudis are in bed with him
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #30009 on: June 22, 2023, 07:09:55 pm »
Makes me think Abramovich still owns Chelsea and the Saudis are in bed with him

That's a cool (conspiracy) theory Rob.

He is an Israeli citizen now though - they tend not to mix - although, when there are billions of dollars at stake, who knows?

Such depressing times. :(

Wars, poverty, climate change and loads, loads more -  and even football is no escape.  :(
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30010 on: June 23, 2023, 07:09:03 pm »
Another 40 million about to be spunked on some fucker nobody’s ever heard of. I close to being done. I really, really am.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30011 on: June 23, 2023, 07:11:28 pm »
And Caicedo any day now.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30012 on: June 23, 2023, 07:38:29 pm »

So, the Saudis have also bought Strasbourg ...

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30013 on: June 23, 2023, 08:44:44 pm »
And Caicedo any day now.

That’s a depressing one. Nkunku too.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30014 on: June 24, 2023, 08:14:19 am »
That’s a depressing one. Nkunku too.

On top of everything they’ve bought recently. Fuck are we doing? Not asking for 100 million Rice or something daft. Just SOMETHING. Lost about 10 players this summer. We won’t make top 8. I’m putting money on it.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30015 on: June 24, 2023, 08:38:38 am »
On top of everything they’ve bought recently. Fuck are we doing? Not asking for 100 million Rice or something daft. Just SOMETHING. Lost about 10 players this summer. We won’t make top 8. I’m putting money on it.

I'll take that bet.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30016 on: June 24, 2023, 09:05:23 am »
Careful. Asking for signings is labelled as cryarsing nowadays.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30017 on: June 24, 2023, 09:08:24 am »
We won’t have a full squad at this rate never mind a competitive one.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30018 on: June 24, 2023, 09:09:36 am »
I'll take that bet.

10k? Got great odds for not making the top 4 this season. We’re only going in one direction.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30019 on: June 24, 2023, 09:24:32 am »

I wouldn't say asking for signing is

I would say declaring we won't finish in the top 8 because we have only bought 1 player players right now (7 weeks from the start of the season) and because Chelsea will sign a bunch of players but haven't actually bought them yet

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30020 on: June 24, 2023, 09:27:01 am »
I wouldn't say asking for signing is

I would say declaring we won't finish in the top 8 because we have only bought 1 player players right now (7 weeks from the start of the season) and because Chelsea will sign a bunch of players but haven't actually bought them yet

How many do you think we bring in? Quality at that? 3 at most? How many we lost/going out on loan? It’s not for this thread but top 8 would be some going. Bare fucking bones once again and that’s before the injuries come.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30021 on: June 24, 2023, 09:30:49 am »
And its certainly not just about Chelsea. Everyone around us will strengthen. Not even thinking about the Slavers and Arsenal. We won’t.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30022 on: June 24, 2023, 09:31:11 am »
How many do you think we bring in? Quality at that? 3 at most? How many we lost/going out on loan? It’s not for this thread but top 8 would be some going. Bare fucking bones once again and that before the injuries come.

I think we bring in 4 players, having lost so far 5 players from my count. If you believe it is 10 please can you let me know who because so far I only have Firmino, Milner, Oxlade, Keita, and Carvalho

Of those 5 players only 2 had a more than a glancing impact on our 1st team last year, where as I expect the 4 I expect us to sign to be regulars in the team.

I also believe the 4 we are going after should be better than those gone so far.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30023 on: June 24, 2023, 09:39:51 am »
Still need bodies. Starting 11 quality or not. Ramsay is going too. So SIX at very least. Half the team are crocks as it is and I think 4 first teamers coming in  is massively unlikely. Hoping to unearth young gems for 20-30mill at best.

Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 09:41:26 am by Livbes »

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30024 on: June 24, 2023, 09:42:50 am »

Hahaha I mean that post is as textbook a case of cryarsing as you can possibly find.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #30025 on: June 24, 2023, 09:47:09 am »

Not sure what's happened to kick off your weekend with such negativity, but come on now, it feels like you're losing your head a bit here. We've definitively already done something by buying Mac Allister, which is more than half the teams in the league. We've lost five players, of whom two can be said to have contributed anything to us last season. We will almost certainly sign at least two more, and while none of us can say for certain that they'll be instant quality that improves us dramatically, I think Klopp has earned the benefit of the doubt that he can take them to the level we need.

Chelsea spent over half a billion to regress in the last year, so your confidence in them overhauling us based on them signing yet more players seems based on little more than Pochettino being a better manager than Potter (agree, but not 20 point swing better) and the equation of "more signings = better team".

Genuinely curious who else you think is nailed on to overtake us for 5-8th - fair enough that last year's top 4 may be unlikely to significantly decline, but are you seeing Spurs racing up the table with all the quality signings they've made to date? Brighton as they lose key players?

At my most negative I could see us coming 6th, if we were unlucky with injuries and Salah dropped off a cliff, and don't necessarily disagree with your pessimism about going up against the cheat clubs (certainly long term), but claiming we won't make top 8 borders on almost wishful thinking.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30026 on: June 24, 2023, 09:54:39 am »
Ah well let’s just be happy with 5th then after being in the biggest position of strength we could wish for a couple of years ago. Villa easily go above us. We are regressing, others are progressing.

Glad you’re all positive though. I’ll make my ticket money back and more this season I suppose. Enjoy your weekends, lads.

And 100% Chelsea with him will be miles in front of us next season.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30027 on: June 24, 2023, 10:02:25 am »
Ah well let’s just be happy with 5th then after being in the biggest position of strength we could wish for a couple of years ago. Villa easily go above us. We are regressing, others are progressing.

Glad you’re all positive though. I’ll make my ticket money back and more this season I suppose. Enjoy your weekends, lads.

And 100% Chelsea with him will be miles in front of us next season.

You don't have to be positive if you don't feel that way but getting this upset and angry because Chelsea are spunking a load of money on players, a club that just totally destroyed the transfer market last season and finished 12th, seems a little bit silly. There's also quite a bit of time left in the transfer window, by the way. I'm quite confident we will sign someone else. No doubt that'll cheer you up.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30028 on: June 24, 2023, 10:07:08 am »
Oh it’s not just Chelsea is it? You think anything happens out of the blue these days? We are not signing anyone we haven’t already been linked to. None, anywhere close to the finished article. I’m in no way a Mount fan but at least he’s relatively proven and the Mancs have blown us out the water. Toon slavers the same.

We are praying on unearthing “cheap” and hidden gems if we even get those through the door!!. Done with it. Enjoy your positively rosy weekends.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30029 on: June 24, 2023, 10:17:29 am »
Oh it’s not just Chelsea is it? You think anything happens out of the blue these days? We are not signing anyone we haven’t already been linked to. None, anywhere close to the finished article. I’m in no way a Mount fan but at least he’s relatively proven and the Mancs have blown us out the water. Toon slavers the same.

We are praying on unearthing “cheap” and hidden gems if we even get those through the door!!. Done with it. Enjoy your positively rosy weekends.

So, who are you going to support/follow now?

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30030 on: June 24, 2023, 10:20:51 am »
With the thread, mate. I’ll be in the Kop singing us to 9th.  :wave

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30031 on: June 24, 2023, 10:21:26 am »
10k? Got great odds for not making the top 4 this season. We’re only going in one direction.

Deal. £10k. Top 8.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30032 on: June 24, 2023, 10:23:32 am »

;D ;D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30033 on: June 24, 2023, 10:23:40 am »
Hahaha I mean that post is as textbook a case of cryarsing as you can possibly find.
Thank you for proving my point.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #30034 on: June 24, 2023, 10:27:08 am »
A wee whinge and a vent is fine, pissing and shitting your pants in the the middle of the street and crying for someone to come wipe your arse is not so cool, though.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30035 on: June 24, 2023, 10:29:23 am »
A wee whinge and a vent is fine, pissing and shitting your pants in the the middle of the street and crying for someone to come wipe your arse is not so cool, though.

Whatever fantasy floats your boat I suppose.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30036 on: June 24, 2023, 10:31:03 am »

You DO know that in the second half of last season (post World Cup) Liverpool won more points than the red Mancs, Villa, the Saudis and Brighton? Yeah?

Even the mighty Arsenal only won 4 more points than the Reds.

Just a bit of perspective maybe mate.

Chin up. :)

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #30037 on: June 24, 2023, 10:39:58 am »
Who let all of these whining twats in? It's as bad as Twitter in this thread, all we need is Musk avatar to pop up.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30038 on: June 24, 2023, 11:01:02 am »
Who let all of these whining twats in? It's as bad as Twitter in this thread, all we need is Musk avatar to pop up.

Let’s see who is “whining” during the season eh.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #30039 on: June 24, 2023, 11:03:38 am »
Let’s see who is “whining” during the season eh.

Just a reminder, they bought all the shiny new toys they could last season, changed manager, and finished 12th.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.