Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
and the PGMOL.

Unless there's progress on the City charges and a major overhaul of the PGMOL, I'm going back to just following athletics and snooker this summer. Football is (to paraphrase Rossi) going the way of WWE. It's a joke of a sport at the moment.

Is precisely where I am at with it. I was bereft after the derby because I could see a team that was absolutely rinsed out, that didn’t have anything left to give. The reason for that is, like it or not, FSG are running LFC by the book and there is a drop off when our wider squad players come in, meaning to remain at the top we’ve had to squeeze our top players dry to the point that, surprise surprise, they get injured. Now think back to 115’s CL games against Madrid, where even Real were really struggling in extra time with their fitness levels. 115 players looked like they were fresh as daisies, as if it was a light training session. Zero drop off, anywhere.

The playing field is not level, and I severely doubt that it ever will be again, hence I’m jibbing it in unless something is actually done about not only 115 but also the PGMOL. But it’s interesting to read about the perception of somehow the UK pissing off Abu Dhabi and all that political stuff. It should also be noted that the nations of the Middle East are highly competitive. I would think that if 115 were to get away with it somehow that the regimes of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and any other nation that has a vested interest in the prestige of football would kick off big time (it’s not like these nations are in it for the money, are they?). I would much rather expect they would like to see their power stripped away and Abu Dhabi made a bit of a laughing stock. I suspect the ruler of Dubai might be at the front of the queue for the popcorn.
Sandman universe you say?

God the sandman was brilliant.   So often I find my self thinking back over one of the episodes .  Series 2 maybe later this year… maybe early 2025?

I’ve still not watched sandman, think I was put off initially cos it looked like loads of cgi and I’m always dubious in tv (esp when it’s not Apple) - is it based on a book?
Technology and Science / Re: Macbook/Macbook Pro thread
« Last post by emergency exit on Today at 10:15:57 am »
Using it on my Mac Studio.
Plays fine, runs Baldurs Gate 3 smoothly.

That’s exactly what I wanted to hear. Cheers, Zlen!
I'm at the stage now where. depending on who the officials are on Sunday, I'm going to sell my ticket to my mate.

Just fucking bored of the match-fixing in every game now.

I'll go to the last game as Jurgen is getting off, but next season - I'll review each game by official. In all the games I thought we'd be fucked over, we have been - so won't even bother watching them on the telly depending on the cheat c*nt match-fixing it.

Hopefully this will lead to less posts moaning, because I just won't see any of it. Also completely gibbed all other football of any kind. What's the fucking point of watching something that has been decided before kick off?

Football is a complete waste of money, time and effort. Loads more things I like doing that I actually enjoy. I'll be doing those a lot more next season.
Reminds me of this, scroll to 1:00, yet this was allowed to stand

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/o1nIcDslWGk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/o1nIcDslWGk</a>

Shit show all round, yet still the most objectionable thing in the whole incident is Ferdinand being allowed to be stood between the assistant and ref whilst barking abuse at them, and then continuing to shout at  the assistant even after he’s got his way when they award the goal.
Media and Arts / Re: Only connect...
« Last post by Crosby Nick on Today at 10:15:07 am »
Connections
Puzzle #323
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦

Easy one that, Nick!

Spoiler
Glute bridge, lie on your back and raise hips and hold.
[close]

Spoiler
Just walk up the stairs FFS
[close]
So ignore almost all of what I actually wrote and switch to xG per 90 now? And when the fuck did the conversation have ANYTHING to do with injury records? At no point has the conversation been about that and/or who should be starting. I've seen people go down these wormholes with you before, with FSG related stuff.  You're not interested in finding an objective truth, just "winning the internet".  You cherry-pick stats such as only picking the Premier League players in your 'minutes per game' argument that support your narrative and simply ignore any point that you can't refute and instead simply move on to a fresh set of stats. I'm done.

There isn't a remotely coherent argument to be made that p90 is not the best way to look at any stat. It has its limitations (sub effects and similar), but is vastly superior to any other way to presenting the data. To refuse to see that is myopic at best, but pure foolishness most of the time. It is not cherry picking, it is basic data literacy.

It would seem bizarre to sell him now we've put the data nerds in charge. If he were to be put up for sale (particularly for less than we bought him), I'm not sure our club's email system would be capable of withstanding the number of inquiries we would have. It is fair to say there is a disconnect between how the world's recruitment analysts see him and members of our own fan base. The question you should ask yourself is why do you see it so differently to those paid to see the value of players? If your position is that Edwards, and every statistical analyst in the world are all chancers who don't understand football, fair enough. That is at least a consistent position, but you must be terrified of what is to come.
Media and Arts / Re: Only connect...
« Last post by Claire. on Today at 10:12:09 am »
Connections
Puzzle #323
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦

Nope.

Connections
Puzzle #323
🟨🟩🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟦🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟨🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟦🟨

Spoiler
Missed the bee connection at first. Good clue. Knew there was an exercise one but could t get the 4th. What’s a bridge? Then I thought there was a US election/vice president connection with Carter, Gore and I think King but again was guessing at a 4th. Fucked it.
[close]
Easy one that, Nick!

Spoiler
Glute bridge, lie on your back and raise hips and hold.
[close]
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by killer-heels on Today at 10:10:23 am »
I think our centre back partnership is as good as any in Europe. Agree about not having an elite keeper or striker. Keeper is good enough for the league given how we suffocate teams as you say, but with the passes Odegaard threads through we should have a 20 goal striker/wide forward. That needs addressing in the summer.

I think the centreback partnership is helped a lot by the structure ahead of it and the fact that White helps out and you have Rice in front, plus midfielders who work their arses off. I think individually they can be rattled, but the system is so risk averse that it stops them being exposed.

But yeah the goalkeeper is ok at best. But you do have some fantastic footballers and the coaching is top class.
It's basically every game, Andy. Odd how, through this staggering incompetence, 115 FC basically never get a shit decision given against them (Hooper against Spurs is the only one I can recall) while they have more than a few in their favour. Very strange.

I personally stopped watching games (sticking to brief highlights) after seeing Webb's lies, where he justified the refs not giving Mac a penalty for being booted in the chest. The fact such an obvious penalty wasn't given was bad enough, the complete gaslighting that followed was insulting to the intelligence. At that point I decided that was enough; nearly made that decision after the Spurs farce. I don't plan to watch much of any of next season either. As has been said in this thread, football is no longer the release it was for me. I feel very sad about it as it's a big part of my life but it's such an objectively bad sport now.

I did see the incident yesterday and can't quite believe it happened, nor can I believe that Taylor will get away with what amounts to outright cheating. Actually, I can believe it because that's how it is now. The English Premier League is a terrible product. It produces mainly poor quality, uninteresting football with the odd exciting game, but most games are decided by refs and whether they get major decisions right in what is a low scoring sport where one incorrect decision can change everything.

We have football 'fans' who swallow the lies being fed, mainly because it affects a team they don't like. Apparently, terrible reffing decisions are part of the game now. I don't want to waste my time on such a sport. Then we have the "in your face" cheating from certain clubs...

This all day.
Only certain clubs suffer the most from "the incompetence"
That's not incompetence for me.
Its corruption.
The media also appear especially complicit with the corruption when its against us.
Not the first time the media have done that though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10