Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3173226 times)

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé
« Reply #79600 on: May 2, 2024, 07:21:44 pm »
I've still never saw much of Tchouameni but Camavinga is a monster, they've got so many transfers right in recent years Madrid and he's a perfect example. One we could have been in for at that price but it's like Bellingham, once they're gone, they're gone.

The midfield still needs work if we're to go up another level though. Interesting to see how we can build around Mac Allister and make it very top level, because he's there right now. Hope to god 2024/25 Szoboszlai can be more first half of this season than second half of it.

A monster 6 (athletic, fast, and quick on the ball), with Mac and Dom as the 8s, we are cleaning up (especially if the cheats get done).

Mac from January onward (until he got knackered and dragged down with the team's collapse) was Modric level. He displayed an ability I had no idea that he had in him. From being between him and Dom as the other 8 to being probably the first name in the team sheet. Seen all the Argentina games at the World Cup, and while he was tidy and industrious (great assist in the final to crown it) he never showed this. Dom for the first two months, when fresh, looked the part. He was probably our best player (certainly one of). His engine, the constant running, and his decision making, top class. He has been overworked though and looks completely drained. That's my real frustration by having a weakness in the team; having to "stay close to one another" so as not to expose the slow 6, the good players get dragged down. Seeing Mac's flushed face after a game like hes run a marathon. He (nor Dom) shouldn't having any part of being the water carrier, that the job of the 6. From trying to create something at one end of the field and them having to immediately run back and help out the fella who has no recovery pace; having to carry some the workload of the 6 as he cannot pull his weight only impedes their game. Physical tiredness impacts mental sharpness, and Dom especially has looked cooked for a while. We have been getting away with it with comebacks galore, but over a long season it wasn't sustainable, tiredness has kicked in, and the flaky midfield has really been exposed.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79601 on: May 2, 2024, 08:00:39 pm »
not many right sided players
Madueke looks good for chelsea
if they need to sell id rather him than colwill

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79602 on: May 2, 2024, 08:24:04 pm »
not many right sided players
Madueke looks good for chelsea
if they need to sell id rather him than colwill

There are loads that can play off the right.

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #79603 on: May 2, 2024, 08:26:54 pm »
Gomez is open to leaving surely not?

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79604 on: May 2, 2024, 08:31:32 pm »
Gomez is open to leaving surely not?

Looks like it, wants to move to London for family reasons

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79605 on: May 2, 2024, 08:33:27 pm »
Nobody who is anybody is reporting this.

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #79606 on: May 2, 2024, 08:57:29 pm »

cheers  :wave

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #79607 on: May 2, 2024, 09:34:38 pm »
But everybody wants to know is he somebody?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #79608 on: May 2, 2024, 10:58:07 pm »
We have a saying in Arabic " He fasts and fasts and then breaks his fast with an onion ". I hope we dont see this happening with the DM position I want us to go for a yubari king melon not an onion. Maybe try for Tchouameni again, if we get it right Mac and TAA will improve even more.
:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79609 on: May 2, 2024, 11:08:00 pm »
I don’t think there is a direct Fabinho replacement out there especially considering how good he was in the air, I would love to see us sign someone that can dominate the midfield so a good option is Joao Gomes at Wolves.

23 years old, proven in the premier league, Wolves is also a decent club to do business with

Only seen him a couple times but looks a proper menace on the pitch.  I couldn't comment on his all round game cause i didn't take that much notice about him but he must be up there for the most tackles in the league. 

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #79610 on: May 2, 2024, 11:16:14 pm »
Looks like it, wants to move to London for family reasons

Won a fan award from The Anfield Wrap crew and in an interview today is talking very highly of the club, the fans and how friends of his who have left talk fondly of how amazing being at Liverpool was. He may decide he wants more regular football but he didn’t sound like a man upset with being here.

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #79611 on: May 2, 2024, 11:41:32 pm »
I've still never saw much of Tchouameni but Camavinga is a monster, they've got so many transfers right in recent years Madrid and he's a perfect example. One we could have been in for at that price but it's like Bellingham, once they're gone, they're gone.

The midfield still needs work if we're to go up another level though. Interesting to see how we can build around Mac Allister and make it very top level, because he's there right now. Hope to god 2024/25 Szoboszlai can be more first half of this season than second half of it.

I would take Camavinga over tcho too way better on the ball. Looks graceful but athletic too
« Last Edit: May 2, 2024, 11:47:21 pm by DiggerJohn »

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79612 on: May 3, 2024, 12:56:41 am »
Only seen him a couple times but looks a proper menace on the pitch.  I couldn't comment on his all round game cause i didn't take that much notice about him but he must be up there for the most tackles in the league.

He’s very good at tacking and making blocks, decent enough on the ball

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79613 on: May 3, 2024, 01:46:57 am »
Won a fan award from The Anfield Wrap crew and in an interview today is talking very highly of the club, the fans and how friends of his who have left talk fondly of how amazing being at Liverpool was. He may decide he wants more regular football but he didn’t sound like a man upset with being here.

Yeah anytime I’ve seen or heard an interview with Joe, he comes across as incredibly bright, humble and normal bloke.

Genuinely the last player in the squad that I would think would kick up a fuss. My guess is if he wants a move away for more playing time, the club won’t stand in his way and won’t hold him to ransom. He’s got a lot of goodwill.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #79614 on: May 3, 2024, 08:47:31 am »
 :wellin :wellin :wellin
We have a saying in Arabic " He fasts and fasts and then breaks his fast with an onion ". I hope we dont see this happening with the DM position I want us to go for a yubari king melon not an onion. Maybe try for Tchouameni again, if we get it right Mac and TAA will improve even more.
;D ;D ;D

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79615 on: May 3, 2024, 09:53:15 am »
Michael Olise's release clause is around £60m.

[@FabrizioRomano]

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79616 on: May 3, 2024, 10:29:44 am »

[@FabrizioRomano]

Not even looked at the numbers but would be a thumbs up on the naked eye test

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79617 on: May 3, 2024, 10:31:11 am »

People singing about onions used to terrorise Europe back in the day.

Chanson de l'oignon, marching song of Napoleon's Imperial Guard.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jm3HU5W-j08" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jm3HU5W-j08</a>
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79618 on: May 3, 2024, 10:31:13 am »
Not even looked at the numbers but would be a thumbs up on the naked eye test

Was that a private viewing?

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79619 on: May 3, 2024, 01:20:35 pm »
Noises about Osimhen now. Is he worth dropping £100m+ on, notwithstanding the extremely slim chance that we're actually after him and we could outbid PSG?

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #79620 on: May 3, 2024, 01:25:38 pm »
Noises about Osimhen now. Is he worth dropping £100m+ on, notwithstanding the extremely slim chance that we're actually after him and we could outbid PSG?

Absolutely not. I would rather Keep Nunez who I think we should upgrade on.

He's not bad just not anything special.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79621 on: May 3, 2024, 01:57:51 pm »

[@FabrizioRomano]

I am a big fan of his. Think he could take his goalscoring up a notch as well

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79622 on: May 3, 2024, 02:32:41 pm »
Don't think we need s big centre forward. We need a top quality wide forward who can score Mane/Salah totals. Olise might be able to do it but seems to get injured a lot.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79623 on: May 3, 2024, 02:36:35 pm »

[@FabrizioRomano]

ESPN said yesterday that United are favourites but credited us with an interest. Ticks loads of boxes doesn't he, great underlying numbers, the right age, lots of Prem experience, a lefty, homegrown. One concern I have is that he's apparently already on £100k a week at Palace, having signed a new deal last summer instead of going to Chelsea. So possibly looking for a decent step up at his next club, not sure we'd be willing to so quickly make him one of our top earners.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79624 on: May 3, 2024, 03:01:05 pm »
If it's between us and Man Utd then it should be an easy decision but they'll probably offer him £300k a week

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79625 on: May 3, 2024, 03:10:37 pm »
Absolutely not. I would rather Keep Nunez who I think we should upgrade on.

He's not bad just not anything special.

If not Osimhen who would be an upgrade on Núñez for you out of interest?

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79626 on: May 3, 2024, 03:29:32 pm »
If it's between us and Man Utd then it should be an easy decision but they'll probably offer him £300k a week

Not these days ineos are Tory tight fisted bastards.

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #79627 on: May 3, 2024, 03:33:44 pm »
If not Osimhen who would be an upgrade on Núñez for you out of interest?

Will be hard to find with there being a lack of top strikers and one who could play to our style. I think we should focus on getting two wingers and go with Nunez for one more season in the hope that he fires up. I'm skeptical whether he can play Slot's 9 role but willing to give it a season.

But if an upgrade was on the cards I would fancy Lois Openda. Very Edwards type signing that.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79628 on: May 3, 2024, 04:16:10 pm »
Look to South America if I were you lads when it comes to wingers.  :D

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #79629 on: May 3, 2024, 04:18:07 pm »
ESPN said yesterday that United are favourites but credited us with an interest. Ticks loads of boxes doesn't he, great underlying numbers, the right age, lots of Prem experience, a lefty, homegrown. One concern I have is that he's apparently already on £100k a week at Palace, having signed a new deal last summer instead of going to Chelsea. So possibly looking for a decent step up at his next club, not sure we'd be willing to so quickly make him one of our top earners.

Obviously he's got to want to come.. but assuming that he does - its not 2018 anymore and we put our new signings on big wages these days, Gravenberch, Macallister etc are on 150k per week

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #79630 on: May 3, 2024, 04:21:24 pm »
Look to South America if I were you lads when it comes to wingers.  :D

Luis Gilherme - but it may depend on how quickly we can secure that second club (which I am still hoping is Toulousse somehow).

"While Endrick dominates all the headlines at Palmeiras, there is another academy product who spent his whole youth career playing alongside the Real Madrid-bound teenager who also looks set for a place at the top table of European football.

A pacey winger that once clocked 36 km/h in a game, Luis Guilherme is most comfortable playing off the right-hand side before cutting onto his lethal left foot, though he has experience of playing centrally too. The 18-year-old, who has also provoked comparisons with Rivaldo in his homeland, has been routinely linked with a move to Liverpool, though Manchester United, Chelsea and Real Madrid are also reportedly interested."

https://www.goal.com/en-us/lists/nxgn-2024-best-wonderkids-football/bltc65fc7aa012056f4

That's a pretty interesting article, though you have to wonder how they've put Cobbie Manu at #7.

Another one they mentioned (not in connection to us) is Antonio Nusa at Club Brugge.

"‘The Norwegian Neymar’ is quite the nickname to live up to but, so far, Antonio Nusa looks capable of following in Erling Haaland and Martin Odegaard’s footsteps by becoming a footballing face of the Scandinavian nation. The winger’s stock has risen significantly over the past six months and Club Brugge are almost certain to cash in at the end of the campaign.

A winger with a bag full of tricks, the 18-year-old is most comfortable cutting in from the left-hand side onto his right foot, and he has already produced plenty of highlight-reel moments during his time in Belgium and with boyhood club Stabaek. He has also made a glittering start to his international career, as he both scored and assisted on his full debut in September before providing three further assists in his next two caps. Tottenham came close to a £25m ($31.5m) deal to sign Nusa in January, but other clubs are likely to be interested come the summer."
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #79631 on: May 3, 2024, 05:18:55 pm »
Luis Gilherme - but it may depend on how quickly we can secure that second club (which I am still hoping is Toulousse somehow).

"While Endrick dominates all the headlines at Palmeiras, there is another academy product who spent his whole youth career playing alongside the Real Madrid-bound teenager who also looks set for a place at the top table of European football.

A pacey winger that once clocked 36 km/h in a game, Luis Guilherme is most comfortable playing off the right-hand side before cutting onto his lethal left foot, though he has experience of playing centrally too. The 18-year-old, who has also provoked comparisons with Rivaldo in his homeland, has been routinely linked with a move to Liverpool, though Manchester United, Chelsea and Real Madrid are also reportedly interested."

https://www.goal.com/en-us/lists/nxgn-2024-best-wonderkids-football/bltc65fc7aa012056f4

That's a pretty interesting article, though you have to wonder how they've put Cobbie Manu at #7.

Another one they mentioned (not in connection to us) is Antonio Nusa at Club Brugge.

"‘The Norwegian Neymar’ is quite the nickname to live up to but, so far, Antonio Nusa looks capable of following in Erling Haaland and Martin Odegaard’s footsteps by becoming a footballing face of the Scandinavian nation. The winger’s stock has risen significantly over the past six months and Club Brugge are almost certain to cash in at the end of the campaign.

A winger with a bag full of tricks, the 18-year-old is most comfortable cutting in from the left-hand side onto his right foot, and he has already produced plenty of highlight-reel moments during his time in Belgium and with boyhood club Stabaek. He has also made a glittering start to his international career, as he both scored and assisted on his full debut in September before providing three further assists in his next two caps. Tottenham came close to a £25m ($31.5m) deal to sign Nusa in January, but other clubs are likely to be interested come the summer."

I hope we are in for Wesley Gassova as well as Guilherme.

Another one is Kubo. High pace and dribbling put plays with his head up at all times...hard to find that combination.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79632 on: May 3, 2024, 05:21:10 pm »

Another one is Kubo. High pace and dribbling put plays with his head up at all times...hard to find that combination.

Sounds great. Always thought he only had two strings to his bow.

Not mine
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #79633 on: May 3, 2024, 05:22:13 pm »
Sounds great. Always thought he only had two strings to his bow.

Not mine

Wow
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79634 on: May 3, 2024, 05:27:05 pm »
I Laika.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #79636 on: May 3, 2024, 07:49:53 pm »
Oh, and sign Reus!
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79637 on: May 3, 2024, 08:05:16 pm »
Tough crowd here you fucktards.  ;D

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #79638 on: May 3, 2024, 08:08:00 pm »

[@FabrizioRomano]

I can see another Mount situation where United just chuck wages about that we aren't going to go near.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #79639 on: May 3, 2024, 08:51:25 pm »
What would people think to Isak as a target?  He seems to be a really clinical finisher when he gets a chance