Author Topic: S.O.S Update  (Read 9222 times)

Offline Spirit Of Shankly

• Anny Roader
  • www.spiritofshankly.com
    • Spirit of Shankly
S.O.S Update
« on: June 30, 2008, 05:47:44 pm »
S.O.S Update

Just a quick update on where we are at the moment with regards to membership packs, the website and online joining, and some other events that we have planned.

1. Membership Packs

All members who had joined before 12th June 2008, have now had their Membership Packs sent out and these should be with you shortly. In the pack is your joining letter, membership card, and Spirit Of Shankly pin badge. Please sign your card when it arrives. If there are any queries or problems, please email admin@spiritofshankly.com, with the subject header, Membership Packs, and we will deal with them for you.

All members who have joined after 12th June 2008 are having their memberships processed and membership packs will be sent out shortly.

2. Website and Online Joining

The website is currently being finalised and will be launched in the next ten days. Once we have the exact date, this will be publicised. As soon as the website is live, you will be able to join Spirit Of Shankly online. We know there has been a long delay in getting this up and running and we apologise for that. It was a number of unforeseen events that kept pushing back the website being launched, along with the online memberships.

3. Joining Now

If people want to join now, before it goes online, they still can. Go to www.spiritofshankly.com and download our Membership Application Form (It is currently the old one, as the new one is being edited and needs to be uploaded. Either of the forms are acceptable). All you need to do is then send it off to the address on the application form, enclose your cheque, postal order (made payable to Liverpool Supporters Union) or cash if you wish, and send it off. If you have friends, family who want to join, pass the membership form to them as well. Alternatively you can go into EDT on Great Homer Street (near to the NSPCC building) and join. We will soon have a drop off point for memberships in a number of locations around Anfield.

4. Other Events

We will be giving out some information shortly on a Sportsmans Evening that we are holding, as well as details on our first coach, for the pre-season friendly against Glasgow Rangers at Ibrox. The details for both will be released shortly.
Join your Union Now online at www.spiritofshankly.com

Like SOS on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @spiritofshankly

Offline Anything Will Do

• Legacy Fan
Re: S.O.S Update
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 05:49:42 pm »
Good news on the website front.

Can't wait to see it :)

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 06:26:47 pm »
well done

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 06:28:10 pm »
Im thinking about joing and was just wondering what you gain by doing so, if anything. Thanks

Offline morestellata

• Legacy Fan
  • fiends,romans and fuck off everton!!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 06:32:54 pm »
Im thinking about joing and was just wondering what you gain by doing so, if anything. Thanks

You get a big badge with the word "ME" on it.
1st IS 1st, 2nd IS NOWHERE.
NEVER FORGET NEVER FORGIVE.
NEVER BUY THE SUN.
JUSTICE WILL BE DONE.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 06:35:03 pm »
You get a big badge with the word "ME" on it.

Very helpful :)

SOS?

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 07:01:58 pm »
Just wondering if packs have also been sent out to applicants overseas?  I signed up at the Olympia end of season do back in May - just wanted to check.  Thanks!

Helly

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 08:20:32 pm »
Just wondering if packs have also been sent out to applicants overseas?  I signed up at the Olympia end of season do back in May - just wanted to check.  Thanks!

Yours was sent out in the first batch :)

Helly

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 08:22:25 pm »

A voice.  This is the biggest thing as a member of SOS, the stronger our numbers the more powerful our voice.

Access to coaches to away games at an incredibly low cost, hopefully transport to Euro aways at the lowest possible cost as well. 

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 08:30:30 pm »
A voice.  This is the biggest thing as a member of SOS, the stronger our numbers the more powerful our voice.

Access to coaches to away games at an incredibly low cost, hopefully transport to Euro aways at the lowest possible cost as well. 

Thank-you

Offline wattie

• lottie shite
  • Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 09:09:28 pm »

What you gain??

This a serious question, mate?

Offline kingjari

• But you can call me Off the Pitch. Or donut.
  • Legacy Fan
  • It is our RIGHT, our DUTY to throw off such owners
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 09:59:35 pm »
Sound, ta very much like for the hard work on our behalf. Lookin forward to getting the pack and seeing the updated website. Is there a forum on it ??
The Sportsmans evening also sounds very interesting, see you there.

Helly, I give you me application and tenner, at the meeting before the Reading game  :wave
SIR Bill Shankly:
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Con el Socio, todo ; sin el socio, nada

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html-  join online

Helly

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 10:11:29 pm »
Sound, ta very much like for the hard work on our behalf. Lookin forward to getting the pack and seeing the updated website. Is there a forum on it ??
The Sportsmans evening also sounds very interesting, see you there.

Helly, I give you me application and tenner, at the meeting before the Reading game  :wave

I know mate, I have been using you as a checking point through the process, I checked your membership letter came off the printer OK the other day!

Offline kingjari

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 10:31:38 pm »
Eh !! a checking point  ?? sorry for being a bit dim but what's one of them do  ?    Apologies abar me awkward address, its a bit....er Welsh.
Sound Helly ta :wave
SIR Bill Shankly:
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 10:38:03 pm »
Well in Lads n' lasses. Will be keepin an eye out for the Postman!

Helly

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 10:40:46 pm »
Eh !! a checking point  ?? sorry for being a bit dim but what's one of them do  ?    Apologies abar me awkward address, its a bit....er Welsh.
Sound Helly ta :wave

Just a point for me to check, like when the database was done I could check against a name to make sure it went in ok, so i checked yours was there, when the letters were printed i checked yours so i knew that was OK.  Thats all :wave

Helly

« Reply #16 on: July 1, 2008, 09:30:18 am »
Got my pack in the post this morning :thumbup

Offline RedJam70

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #17 on: July 1, 2008, 11:32:30 am »
So did I! Thanks very much.

:thumbup

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #18 on: July 1, 2008, 12:24:17 pm »
Yours was sent out in the first batch :)
Cheers, Helly!   :wave

Thanks to all involved - been trying to get some of my fellow New Yorkers moving on this front as well; this should help!

Offline kingjari

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: July 1, 2008, 09:05:12 pm »
nice one, the membership pack arrived this morning, got It when I came back from work. Ta Helly  :wave
SIR Bill Shankly:

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #20 on: July 2, 2008, 11:48:07 am »
Got mine this morning. Looks very professional.

Thanks very much. :thumbup

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #21 on: July 3, 2008, 09:51:36 am »
got my pack yesterday.

nice one, cheers

Offline Jason McG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: July 3, 2008, 12:13:59 pm »
Got mine a couple of days ago, badge looks great.
I'm so fucking angry I'm rubbing my face!!!

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
« Reply #23 on: July 7, 2008, 09:00:19 pm »
keep up the good work lads
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline dh21974

• Kemlynite
« Reply #24 on: July 9, 2008, 06:10:39 am »
I was at my supporters club meeting last Thursday. Our chairman had been summoned to attend a meeting at Anfield to discuss the development. It seems that H+G want to increase the corporate seats at Anfield and to do this they intend to close the development, taking the tickets from this for the corporate seats. The financial director Les Wheatly was in attendance at this meeting and he only learned of the plan at another meeting he was at with the stadium manager regarding car parking at Anfield. The stadium manager let slip that another 1,200 spaces would be needed as the development was being closed down and the tickets were for more corporate guests. There is a meeting scheduled for tonight involving representatives from all the supporters clubs in N. Ireland to discuss the way forward. I was told at my meeting that legal advice was being sought on the matter as the development is totally separate from Kop holdings. Anyone else heard anything on this? It was suggested at my club meeting that this increased revenue would just be to make the books look better for any potential investors/buyers. This is on top of the new £29 olsc. The yanks are only in this to make as much money as they can before they quit.  There was talk of going to the press about them trying to close the development. Possibly the mirror? They don't want to go to the Echo as either H or G rents offices from them and  fear word of what is planned will get back to them. I'm sure we will hear more about this in the coming weeks.

Offline dh21974

• Kemlynite
« Reply #25 on: July 9, 2008, 06:14:08 am »
The idea is excactly that. Taking tickets from REAL supporters and selling them as corporate seats. I was told they want to increase the corporate seats from 5,000 to 10,000. Thats 5,000 less tickets for the like of you and me. The development assoc' is just the first thing to lose out. P.T.S cards are being targeted too along with supporters club allocations being cut by 50%. All this to show an increase in revenue. This might be to make the club look more attractive to any potetial bidders or to aquire more loans from the banks. Who knows? The one thing that is for sure the atmosphere will be shit. Look at Emirates stadium for an example. Half time comes and all the middle rows of seats all empty for the half time corporate hospitality. Some of them not even watching the second half. Don't know about you but I think the time has come for direct action against H+G.

Offline lainey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: July 9, 2008, 06:59:27 am »
grief! you'd think 'they can't do that' - but they will, 

keep your ears peeled

Offline wednesday25052005

• Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #27 on: July 9, 2008, 10:22:54 am »
This is getting worse by the minute, nothing they (G+H) do is up front.

How can we counter this and what direction against the pair can we take??!!

Seriously depressing this is

Keep up the work S.O.S - this is going to be for the long haul me thinks

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #28 on: July 9, 2008, 01:15:50 pm »
The club is slipping fast to a point of no return.

Even more 'real fans being pushed away.

I really fucking despair.
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #29 on: July 9, 2008, 01:57:18 pm »
What the fuck?

This is fucking outraegous, they are basically giving a stand to all the c*nts who we despise the most, the corporate c*nts who are taking the game away from us.  Fucking c*nts, get the fuck out of OUR club.

Fucking c*nts.

I'll have to get onto the site laters to print the application form for SOS, should be with you soon.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: July 9, 2008, 02:33:29 pm »
A thought - is this ALL about money, or does it suit our owners to dump traditional die-hard fans - the ones who protest against them and make life difficult for them?

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: July 9, 2008, 02:37:18 pm »
A thought - is this ALL about money, or does it suit our owners to dump traditional die-hard fans - the ones who protest against them and make life difficult for them?
Money is my guess. They bloody have to build it first folks.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: July 9, 2008, 05:34:30 pm »
Just posting to ask if anyone from SOS is reading this, could they check their emails as I've sent one regarding my application, thanks.

Offline anfield

• Legacy Fan
  • No surprises from me
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2008, 11:24:30 am »

Money first and success if it's not to expensive. If it's to expensive then success won't come into the picture.
I always believe in our team, always.
Sheikh Mo will own the club very soon.

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2008, 02:01:33 pm »
I think you have a point; I'm sure they've considered how corporates and tourists (and this isn't meant to be an anti- OOT comment) will be less hassle for them.

Offline Grandson of Shankly

• Kemlynite
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2008, 12:17:03 am »
Thanks SOS - I wish I had the time to help and support your great work.  Keep it up , I am in for the long haul with these fuckers.   I am not going to let 3 gens of reds down and let them take the club from the fans.

I didn't go to the demos last year but will defo this year. I am also lobbying everyone I speak to take some action.  If we have a shit start to the season then the pressure should notch up.  Another demo in the ground organised by SOS with a bit of notice will get the press on our side.
Recommend a league cup night coz you get better local support

Offline kingjari

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2008, 01:42:22 pm »
Mass protests within the ground will be dificult to get going next season, the club took measures to limit the protests toward the end of last season

Plus, I understand SOS have been told theres little interest in the national media about those kind of protests anymore.

Spirit of Shankly now have to be very innovative, like with the mock dig in stanley park and the re-posession of Anfield. Embarassing The custodians and drawing attention to their unsuitabillity to be owners of Liverpool Football club is the way forward. Through satire, PR stunts, and press statements.

The addition of more corperate beauts next season, probably in the Upper Kemlyn, is hardly at the expense of 'die hard' Reds. Have you ever sat there ? I do all season, its fuckin awful like. Wil make little difference to the atmosphere in that stand, if i'm honest.

Its likely The 'die hards' among ST holders and PTS lads, the ones who are most likely to protest, will have moved to block 1892 in the Kop if they could, which is in essence a RTK/SOS block; the club even inexplicably expanded it to three times its size from last season. If anything it seems their trying to isolate all the protesters into one section of the Kop.
SIR Bill Shankly:

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2008, 12:40:00 am »
Fucking hell, thats the first I have just read about those c*nts taking the tickets of the Dev Association to give to the corprates. FUCK OFF YOU PAIR OF TWATS, there are some people that will have done some very hard work for the Dev Assoc every single week, and, although I'm not one of them, I do feel for you the fact these pair of twats don't give a shit about you in the slightest and are only interesting in making their keep.

LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB IS IN THE WRONG HANDS

Offline Taylor_LFC

• Whopper who didn't make it to Porto
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2008, 02:36:18 am »
The addition of more corperate beauts next season, probably in the Upper Kemlyn, is hardly at the expense of 'die hard' Reds. Have you ever sat there ? I do all season, its fuckin awful like. Wil make little difference to the atmosphere in that stand, if i'm honest.

Sorry lad but that has to be the biggest load of shite I have ever read on this site, and that is saying something.

Atmosphere wise you are right, but to say the people there are not 'die hards' is shite. The fact these lads (including me) are losing their tickets for some corporate bell ends is a disgrace.

Another thing, the lads up there that want to move to the RTK block can't. The Development sadly doesn't get Kop tickets so we have to put up with the shitty Upper Kemlyn.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 02:38:55 am by Taylor_LFC »

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We write our own history
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2008, 09:56:34 am »
Sorry lad but that has to be the biggest load of shite I have ever read on this site, and that is saying something.

Atmosphere wise you are right, but to say the people there are not 'die hards' is shite. The fact these lads (including me) are losing their tickets for some corporate bell ends is a disgrace.

Another thing, the lads up there that want to move to the RTK block can't. The Development sadly doesn't get Kop tickets so we have to put up with the shitty Upper Kemlyn.

Is right, he obviously doesn't go round collecting his pounds for the development association.
Its a way of getting the chance of a match ticket, the comment about not being DIE HARDS is an absolute load of bollocks, Ive been goin since 1969 and have sat there, what does that make me then, a fuckin dead hard, behave yourself and get real
2013/2014 My 51st year with hope in my heart