Author Topic: Liverpool 0 v WBA 0 ( )  (Read 54129 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool 0 v WBA 0 ( )
« Reply #800 on: December 14, 2017, 12:45:53 am »
Pathetic. Different from you and your clueless mates, I've actually got a constructive point to put across rather than just shoot down people who haven't. Grow up.

Yeah everyone who calls out your bullshit is clueless but you are a true fucking savant.

We had our stringest attacking players out there and had Klopp made the cnages earlier and taken them off the likes of you would still be moaning.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 12:47:41 am by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #801 on: December 14, 2017, 12:46:02 am »
It wasn't a goal IMO. You can't guide the ball into the net with your arm and be awarded a goal for doing so.

It was a bit mad how long it took for them to make the decision though.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #802 on: December 14, 2017, 12:46:44 am »
It wasn't a goal IMO. You can't guide the ball into the net with your arm and be awarded a goal for doing so.

Practicing for VAR next year :D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #803 on: December 14, 2017, 12:47:12 am »
You haven't really explained how he is supposed to do everything when the other two midfielders are hiding, and seem incapable of passing forwards. When the buildup from defence and midfield is so slow that, by the time the ball reaches him, West Brom have already arranged their bus around their penalty area. And the movement around him was nonexistent. What do you want him to do?

'Be better'. What does that mean?

Dribble past five players and roll it into the net. And if he doesn't do that, he is NOT world class and therefore we can sell him and be okay. It beats me why Coutinho can't play the way De Bruyne does though he has Gini and Hendo/Can alongside him instead of rubbish like Silva and Fernandinho. Not to mention Andy "Cross or nothing" Robertson bombing down the left flank like Stewart "If only that shot went in" Downing of old.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: December 14, 2017, 12:48:01 am »
Of course, he plays off a handful of players. The rest seriously lack ability on the ball. Robertson is the most painfully average footballer we've had on the left since Stewart Downing. His crossing might get the average commentator licking their lips with excitement but they don't bring many goals to a side that plays the way we do. This is a great example of how you expect Coutinho to deliver no matter what but appear completely blind to the deficiencies surrounding him.

Robertson is limited but apart from his crossing another thing he is good at is timing his runs on the inside. There were a couple of opportunities to do that but Coutinho wasnt bothered.

He also wasnt bothered working for an opportunity either. Now this may be completely Klopp’s fault and he may want a rigid system but Coutinho did nothing with his movement to make half a yard. He could have popped up higher up the pitch or on the right.

Instead he parked himself in the middle and basically said to everyone look how great i am as i try to dribble past my opponent and play a through ball in the middle.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #805 on: December 14, 2017, 12:49:23 am »
Practicing for VAR next year :D
Probably previously discussed but didn't Aubameyang score a similar goal recently and the VAR system awarded it? Deemed it unintentional or something.

We have all seen worse goals given then that one tonight but truth be told it's a free out.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: December 14, 2017, 12:50:11 am »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: December 14, 2017, 12:53:46 am »

Apparently you can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEYkqs1mPus

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: December 14, 2017, 12:55:08 am »
Can will get some stick but he was the only player in our side to have more than 1 key pass tonight. Coutinho, Firmino and Salah all recorded 1, the same number as Ben Foster. Mane and Wijnaldum didn't muster any.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #809 on: December 14, 2017, 12:55:25 am »
:D That made me laugh cheers dude ;)

Must have been wind
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #810 on: December 14, 2017, 12:56:19 am »
We don’t seem as fluid offensively when Hendo isn’t playing. I know he has his detractors but he’s our best player in that position.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: December 14, 2017, 12:56:56 am »
Can will get some stick but he was the only player in our side to have more than 1 key pass tonight. Coutinho, Firmino and Salah all recorded 1, the same number as Ben Foster. Mane and Wijnaldum didn't muster any.

We might have been able to create more situations to make more key passes if he decided not to take his sweet time on the ball. He held onto it far, far too long.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #812 on: December 14, 2017, 12:57:45 am »
Does anyone else miss late goals?
What are they again? Fuck me, it's been ages.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #813 on: December 14, 2017, 12:59:18 am »

Here's a statistic - Lovren had more passes than anyone on the field. Klavan had only one less pass than Coutinho. Those were our top three passers against West Brom
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #814 on: December 14, 2017, 01:00:28 am »
Hang on. I thought it was a guaranteed win if we play our strongest attacking team against a shit side at anfield? That's what I heard after the Everton match from the experts.

Frustrating night, but a couple of good saves on a tough, windy day for Karius should give him some confidence.

About the only positive to take, really.

Oh and anyone arguing that incident isn't a handball and would honestly say they wouldn't be complaining if a goal like that was given at the other end is completely full of shit.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: December 14, 2017, 01:02:04 am »
Here's a statistic - Lovren had more passes than anyone on the field. Klavan had only one less pass than Coutinho. Those were our top three passers against West Brom

Yeah, our starting attacking trio tonight had fewer than 150 touches between them. Lovren had over 110 on his own.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: December 14, 2017, 01:03:15 am »
Thought Klavan and Karius were our best payers tonight.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: December 14, 2017, 01:03:58 am »
Yeah, our starting attacking trio tonight had fewer than 150 touches between them. Lovren had over 110 on his own.
Fucking hell, that's shocking.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: December 14, 2017, 01:04:37 am »

I bet half of Lovren’s passes was the result of him needlessly getting it back off Can.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 01:06:15 am by a clueless whopper »

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #819 on: December 14, 2017, 01:08:16 am »
Seemed like that. But shocking to see that number.

We really need Matip back and VVD or a like ball playing clone in the winter window!

Or just play Can in a back 3.  ;)

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: December 14, 2017, 01:08:50 am »
Coutinho’s chipped passes were infuriating. The one to Mane almost made me throw my laptop out the window.
Yeah, like he's been watching too many Messi/Iniesta videos or something. He just didn't look arsed tonigt which is a real worry.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: December 14, 2017, 01:10:12 am »
Robertson is limited but apart from his crossing another thing he is good at is timing his runs on the inside. There were a couple of opportunities to do that but Coutinho wasnt bothered.

He also wasnt bothered working for an opportunity either. Now this may be completely Klopp’s fault and he may want a rigid system but Coutinho did nothing with his movement to make half a yard. He could have popped up higher up the pitch or on the right.

Instead he parked himself in the middle and basically said to everyone look how great i am as i try to dribble past my opponent and play a through ball in the middle.

Timing his runs on the inside to then do what? First, he wasn't doing at all when he signed and has only recently started coming inside. Second, when he receives the ball in those tight situations, he frequently mucks it up. Contrast this with Moreno who often gets the ball from Coutinho in those situations.

In the first half, he played on the left of a 4-4-2. It would be a massive issue if a player decides to vacate his flank and move over to the right with no one to cover him. In the second half, he popped up in the right frequently.

As for not going higher up the pitch, I think you've only proven my point about how useless the rest of the midfield is. If he goes further up, who is going to pass the ball to him? This has been our biggest issue for years now. Cut out the supply to Coutinho and he has to come deeper and deeper to receive the ball, which takes him away from the areas where he can cause damage. That's not on him. That's on our other midfielders.

I'm not sure what you expect out of him really when you seem to not be acknowledging that he is not surrounded by players of a similar skill level with the ball in midfield. This is why he is not as effective as a midfielder and it's got more to do with our other midfielders just not being able to play in tight spaces. 

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: December 14, 2017, 01:11:11 am »
We don’t seem as fluid offensively when Hendo isn’t playing. I know he has his detractors but he’s our best player in that position.

Would have made zero difference tonight.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: December 14, 2017, 01:11:23 am »
Yeah, like he's been watching too many Messi/Iniesta videos or something. He just didn't look arsed tonigt which is a real worry.

I dont think many players looked arsed. They probably felt they should have their feet up on a cold December night. They certainly played like it.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: December 14, 2017, 01:15:21 am »
Timing his runs on the inside to then do what? First, he wasn't doing at all when he signed and has only recently started coming inside. Second, when he receives the ball in those tight situations, he frequently mucks it up. Contrast this with Moreno who often gets the ball from Coutinho in those situations.

In the first half, he played on the left of a 4-4-2. It would be a massive issue if a player decides to vacate his flank and move over to the right with no one to cover him. In the second half, he popped up in the right frequently.

As for not going higher up the pitch, I think you've only proven my point about how useless the rest of the midfield is. If he goes further up, who is going to pass the ball to him? This has been our biggest issue for years now. Cut out the supply to Coutinho and he has to come deeper and deeper to receive the ball, which takes him away from the areas where he can cause damage. That's not on him. That's on our other midfielders.

I'm not sure what you expect out of him really when you seem to not be acknowledging that he is not surrounded by players of a similar skill level with the ball in midfield. This is why he is not as effective as a midfielder and it's got more to do with our other midfielders just not being able to play in tight spaces. 

Does he have to come deeper or is that his choice? To me it seems he wants to pick the ball up on the half way line.

Dont get me wrong, Wijnaldum was terrible and he is far too inconsistent. Can is terribly overrated and quite frankly not good enough either. But I dont think Coutinho drops deep because he has to, he drops deep because he wants to .

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: December 14, 2017, 01:26:21 am »
Does he have to come deeper or is that his choice? To me it seems he wants to pick the ball up on the half way line.

Dont get me wrong, Wijnaldum was terrible and he is far too inconsistent. Can is terribly overrated and quite frankly not good enough either. But I dont think Coutinho drops deep because he has to, he drops deep because he wants to .

If he doesn't drop deep, I guarantee that he doesn't get the ball. Hendo and Coutinho were having a go at each other in a previous game because Coutinho was annoyed that he never received the pass while Hendo wanted him to make the run into the box. It's not the first time that has happened. Our midfield simply don't have the ability or the courage to break the lines with either a run or a pass. It's easier if we have 3 midfielders because just having the extra man helps get the ball a bit further, but really that only works against the best teams. Against teams conceding possession, I simply don't see the likes of Gini, Can and Hendo playing a pass through to the edge of the box with a first time pass through a couple of opposition players to get to the likes of Coutinho. Just ask yourself if you see that type of pass happen on the other side. How often does a penetrating pass occur on the other flank? Unless Bobby drops deep and plays it, the answer is that it doesn't happen. 

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: December 14, 2017, 01:33:38 am »
Honestly can’t believe this fucking team sometimes

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #827 on: December 14, 2017, 01:34:17 am »
I dont think many players looked arsed. They probably felt they should have their feet up on a cold December night. They certainly played like it.

The winter break LFC is currently on is not working very well for us and I will be glad when it's over.

Winter breaks only work when every club takes one at the same time........

They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: December 14, 2017, 01:41:59 am »
If Salah had scored with the header at the far post.......thought that was a clear cut chance as any.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #829 on: December 14, 2017, 01:42:49 am »
Robertson tried overlapping runs on the left (or looking for 1-2) -- got nothing most of the time. We seemed to be trying to force it through the bloody middle all the time where it was packed. Why not run out wide and cut balls back inside?. Fustrating game :(

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #830 on: December 14, 2017, 01:47:22 am »
18 pts away from top spot with half of the games being played.

Not much progress from last season.

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #831 on: December 14, 2017, 02:00:59 am »
You can't look at the 18 point lead, City's results are extraordinary only dropping 2 points

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: December 14, 2017, 02:25:32 am »
I think the most depressing part of Liverpool drawing is the imeediate outpuring of criticism by the usual suspects in the media and, sadly, on here. As a rule of thumb, to help those who doubt, when manc supporters and manc media outlets start saying that Klopp is the problem and must go, despite Liverpool being level on points with the much vaunted Spurs and only 4 points off third, then is the time to back the team and the manager.

Remember when Hodgson had Liverpool in the shitter? What was the reaction from them then? "He's a good manager, give him more time". There's your guidelines there. Always be suspicious of Mancs bearing gifts.
This is the truth.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
  • Never get out of bed before noon
« Reply #833 on: December 14, 2017, 02:31:49 am »
Yeah agree on Robertson , he is bang average and he is a bit yellow too . He let Karius get a bang instead trying to protect for one cross.

Can, Gini and Hendo cant or wont play a forward pass thru lines and you can see how it pisses Phil off . The two second window he creates with movement and players wont even try to play it to him . Then again I suppose if they do and its intercepted the groans will be out .

Would love a striker to come off the bench and maybe play as more of a target man and make the ball stick round the box and we could get more shots off,

" I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp ".

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: December 14, 2017, 02:34:30 am »
Dunno. I expected the draw. Everyone else seemed to think the same.

Maybe because we didn't win at the weekend? That was why I thought we'd draw. You'd have to ask the others why they thought that, but everything was pretty flat and unarsed.

Maybe as people said we shouldn't be going to the game but then again - shit loads of empty seats tonight - so those demanding that 'better fans' go - where were they?

Anyway. Draw. Expected. I reckon next game draw or narrow loss.

Are you always this negative?  Been 2-3 straight days of this shit. 

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
  • Never get out of bed before noon
« Reply #835 on: December 14, 2017, 02:36:02 am »
Are you always this negative?  Been 2-3 straight days of this shit.
Sunday hit him hard
" I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp ".

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: December 14, 2017, 02:36:51 am »
I think the most depressing part of Liverpool drawing is the imeediate outpuring of criticism by the usual suspects in the media and, sadly, on here. As a rule of thumb, to help those who doubt, when manc supporters and manc media outlets start saying that Klopp is the problem and must go, despite Liverpool being level on points with the much vaunted Spurs and only 4 points off third, then is the time to back the team and the manager.

Remember when Hodgson had Liverpool in the shitter? What was the reaction from them then? "He's a good manager, give him more time". There's your guidelines there. Always be suspicious of Mancs bearing gifts.

Wait, people in the media are saying that Klopp needs to go?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: December 14, 2017, 02:43:01 am »

Robertson couldn’t get by their fullback tonight.  He really struggled in attack. 

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #838 on: December 14, 2017, 02:47:06 am »
Trent was very impressive again. Looked more likely to run at someone and commit them than Coutinho, Mane or Salah. He could do a job in midfield for us to add a bit of drive in these sorts of games rather than Can; it's more worthwhile us developing him and he'd add something we lack without Lallana/Coutinho playing more centrally and deeper. A Keita lite for now.

That bit stood out to me. The game was crying out for the likes of Coutinho and Mane to drive at defenders and force them to commit, but it was pretty much non existent. I noticed Robertson getting opportunities to make decent runs, but he's just not the athlete that Moreno is. We need players who are more direct, and are just simply better at penetrating and driving at packed defences. The counter-pressing system as a playmaker works great against sides who actually look to attack, but against 75% of the teams in the league, I just feel we need better 1v1 players.

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #839 on: December 14, 2017, 02:56:50 am »

You can't look at the 18 point lead, City's results are extraordinary only dropping 2 points

Anyone worried that Burnley has won more games than us? 
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?