Author Topic: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation  (Read 522297 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Reply #6840 on: March 29, 2024, 08:18:46 pm »
Well, I'm glad Xabi has binned us off. It allows me to make my -

"When the world seems to shine like you've had too much wine, that's Amorim" banner.

🍾

;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #6841 on: March 29, 2024, 08:29:04 pm »
What about Colin Pascoe.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6842 on: March 29, 2024, 08:34:12 pm »
With Alonso saying no and Gerrard charitably out there growing the Saudi game, surely Javier Mascherano is the next person for Edwards and Hughes to go and tap up?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6843 on: March 29, 2024, 08:35:07 pm »
What about Colin Pascoe.

100% record as Liverpool manager.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Funkster

• Main Stander
« Reply #6844 on: March 29, 2024, 08:38:39 pm »
100% record as Liverpool manager.

He has a great engine.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Bob Paisley

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6845 on: March 29, 2024, 08:39:59 pm »
With Alonso saying no and Gerrard charitably out there growing the Saudi game, surely Javier Mascherano is the next person for Edwards and Hughes to go and tap up?

Woah, Woah, Woah.

Surely Momo Sissoko should be after Alonso and before Gerrard and Mascheranoohh.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Jools

• Didn't believe at half time against Dortmund
  • Main Stander
« Reply #6846 on: March 29, 2024, 08:40:48 pm »
Tell people to sort their own post out for July then ffs

Appointing the National Germany team manager would certainly set us off on a high.
After the Euros he will be free and he has said that he wants to manage in the premiership.
A bit of a dark horse at the moment but I do feel he's the one!

Online wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #6847 on: March 29, 2024, 08:43:15 pm »
Has anyone seen enough of Sporting to know how they break down low-blocks? Every tactical analysis or highlights I've found show them facing high- or mid-blocks. They are fast and direct in transition, but they had a lot of space in behind. The Portuguese league is more progressive than the PL. Clubs don't consistently sit deep and defend.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6848 on: March 29, 2024, 08:44:59 pm »
Sad to see Alonso rejected us, some of these non scouse former players don’t love the club as much as we like to think.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6849 on: March 29, 2024, 08:48:35 pm »

Appointing the National Germany team manager would certainly set us off on a high.
After the Euros he will be free and he has said that he wants to manage in the premiership.

Can’t see it being him we need someone ready from June onwards he won’t be.

Plus he looks a right tit as well to me.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #6850 on: March 29, 2024, 08:55:05 pm »
What about Colin Pascoe.

In June 2015, Pascoe was sacked by Liverpool as assistant manager.[4] Since leaving Liverpool, Colin returned to Wales to spend more time with his family. In 2019 he oversaw the opening of a Rhyl branch of motorway services retailer Cotton Traders. He still works there to this day.

I can't imagine it taking an 8 figure sum to get him out of Cotton Traders.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline masher

• Legacy Fan
  • hippie at heart
« Reply #6851 on: March 29, 2024, 08:56:27 pm »
Sad to see Alonso rejected us, some of these non scouse former players don’t love the club as much as we like to think.

As much as I wanted Xabi, I think it might be the right decision for his career. Defending the title and competing in the Champions league will be a different challenge next season, one that will help him grow and prepare him really well for his next job. Gerard was in a good place but jumped ship way too quickly and since then his career has gone downhill, he would have been better off staying and developing himself at Rangers. While Alonso is in a different league compared to Gerrard the point still stands.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6852 on: March 29, 2024, 08:56:37 pm »
Estrella 1 Sporting 0

20 minutes in

Plan C?

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #6853 on: March 29, 2024, 08:56:56 pm »
I honestly think it's Torres.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6854 on: March 29, 2024, 08:57:24 pm »
hold your horses it's 1-1!!  ;D

(i'll stop now)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #6855 on: March 29, 2024, 08:57:52 pm »
Estrella 1 Sporting 0

20 minutes in

Plan C?

Losing to a pint of lager. What a fraud.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6856 on: March 29, 2024, 08:59:24 pm »
Losing to a pint of lager. What a fraud.
;D

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6857 on: March 29, 2024, 09:00:19 pm »
I honestly think it's Torres.

Without entertaining the idea too much (because it's ludicrous), is there anything on how Torres is doing as the Atletico u19s manager? Is there the makings of a decent coach there later down the line?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #6858 on: March 29, 2024, 09:08:21 pm »
Estrella 1 Sporting 0

20 minutes in

Plan C?
Got to have the turnaround like Alonso in the EL, otherwise it's not showing character, right?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #6859 on: March 29, 2024, 09:09:58 pm »
Without entertaining the idea too much (because it's ludicrous), is there anything on how Torres is doing as the Atletico u19s manager? Is there the makings of a decent coach there later down the line?
Go on...entertain it. You know you want to.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Funkster

• Main Stander
« Reply #6860 on: March 29, 2024, 09:14:03 pm »

P7 W4 D0 L3

Overall P17 W11 L6
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 09:17:39 pm by Funkster »
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Bob Paisley

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #6861 on: March 29, 2024, 09:14:27 pm »
I can't imagine it taking an 8 figure sum to get him out of Cotton Traders.

Is he coping with the adversity though

Offline kvarmeismydad

• Might regale ya with tales of footballing genitalia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6862 on: March 29, 2024, 09:28:38 pm »
I've been doing some light reading on the potential options outside of Xabi. Amorim was my favourite so far and I'd looked at others like Slott, De Zerbi and whoever else. Lastly I had a look at Nagelsmann. I had counted him out because the vibe seemed to be that he was weird. I must admit everything I've found so far made him seem far and above the others. His back room staff in particular seem so far advanced than the others and that's important to gain the respect of the squad. I was quite shocked actually at how much he looks ready made for a big successful stint at a big club. What's so wrong with him that I've missed because unless someone tells me he's the next P Diddy I'm all in on this one.
@paulair

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6863 on: March 29, 2024, 09:32:28 pm »
I've been doing some light reading on the potential options outside of Xabi. Amorim was my favourite so far and I'd looked at others like Slott, De Zerbi and whoever else. Lastly I had a look at Nagelsmann. I had counted him out because the vibe seemed to be that he was weird. I must admit everything I've found so far made him seem far and above the others. His back room staff in particular seem so far advanced than the others and that's important to gain the respect of the squad. I was quite shocked actually at how much he looks ready made for a big successful stint at a big club. What's so wrong with him that I've missed because unless someone tells me he's the next P Diddy I'm all in on this one.

He has been at a big club. He was a bellend, the players got pissed off with him and the club got shot of him.

Offline kvarmeismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6864 on: March 29, 2024, 09:38:08 pm »
He has been at a big club. He was a bellend, the players got pissed off with him and the club got shot of him.

And now want him back?
@paulair

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6865 on: March 29, 2024, 09:40:20 pm »
And now want him back?

Do they? I know they want a manager, didnt read they wanted him back.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6866 on: March 29, 2024, 09:49:14 pm »

Unfortunately it is true most of the time, with some exceptions of course.

Everyone was digging out the 'my son's a scouser' lines and thinking he was smitten with us, when in fact he clearly doesn't fancy it as much as staying in Germany.

If he really was a big fan and longed for the littered streets of Scotty road, you think he would turn down the chance of being manager of the whole club? Would he fuck. Clearly not arsed.

Not buying this 'I want to improve myself' line either, yeah we don't know the in's and out's but if he heads of to Madrid in a year or two I think that will tell us everything, not that we don't already know.

Is this all being bitter because I feel rejected like a kid in a school dance, too fucking right it is. Hope he gets fucking smashed by Moyes and his season collapses in a heap. Go Bayern!

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6867 on: March 29, 2024, 09:52:11 pm »

Everyone was digging out the 'my son's a scouser' lines and thinking he was smitten with us, when in fact he clearly doesn't fancy it as much as staying in Germany.

If he really was a big fan and longed for the littered streets of Scotty road, you think he would turn down the chance of being manager of the whole club? Would he fuck. Clearly not arsed.

Not buying this 'I want to improve myself' line either, yeah we don't know the in's and out's but if he heads of to Madrid in a year or two I think that will tell us everything, not that we don't already know.

Is this all being bitter because I feel rejected like a kid in a school dance, too fucking right it is. Hope he gets fucking smashed by Moyes and his season collapses in a heap. Go Bayern!

Im sure someone will come along and say he is more aligned to us because he is from Basque country and he read a book with a coffee somewhere and that shows some similarities etc etc. They seem to forget this Basque boy went to play for Madrid.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6868 on: March 29, 2024, 09:52:17 pm »

To be fair he’s an ex Madrid player as well.

I wanted him to come but it’s just one of them, we’re one of 3 massive clubs that he’s played for and there’s a good chance he’ll end up managing (at least) one of the other two, maybe even us as well at one point.

It’s equally not beyond the realms that he becomes the next Gerrard and we’re all sat here thanking God that he stayed at Leverkusen.

People need to chill out; no idea where it’s going next but Alonso was never the sure fire option that it was made out to be.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6869 on: March 29, 2024, 09:52:30 pm »

Agree…I hope it’s one of Amorim or Nagelsmann.

Offline kvarmeismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6870 on: March 29, 2024, 09:53:13 pm »
Do they? I know they want a manager, didnt read they wanted him back.

Seems so.

Would be interested in reading about how he was a bellend as I didn't find that. He got sacked for a reason I guess.

I'm not clued up and you seem more informed than me. These days I watch Liverpool and my non league club alone and I don't have a lot of time for much more than that. I've been quite underwhelmed by the options so far but hopefully they find a diamond ready to shine.

That's me done with the new manager thoughts for the next 6 weeks. Been interesting and quite scary having a look to be honest.
@paulair

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6871 on: March 29, 2024, 09:56:33 pm »
Seems so.

Would be interested in reading about how he was a bellend as I didn't find that. He got sacked for a reason I guess.

I'm not clued up and you seem more informed than me. These days I watch Liverpool and my non league club alone and I don't have a lot of time for much more than that. I've been quite underwhelmed by the options so far but hopefully they find a diamond ready to shine.

That's me done with the new manager thoughts for the next 6 weeks. Been interesting and quite scary having a look to be honest.

He was cavorting with a local sports journalist and there was deemed to be a breach of trust with the players at the club.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6872 on: March 29, 2024, 10:01:34 pm »
Maybe Alonso didn’t feel ready to step up and didn’t want to piss on his chips. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6873 on: March 29, 2024, 10:08:01 pm »

To be fair, I don't think it'd be particularly difficult to piss off the Bayern Munich players.

Aside from his alleged abrasive personality, is there anything in regards to Nagelsmann's footballing philosophy that'd be considered a red flag? If I remember correctly, his sacking from Bayern came as a huge shock at the time. Only 1 point behind Dortmund in the league, still competitive in the Champions League and the DFB-Pokal.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6874 on: March 29, 2024, 10:12:42 pm »
Imagine if he turned up to Anfield via skateboard though, he’d be called a goth in about 30 seconds I reckon  ;D

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #6875 on: March 29, 2024, 10:13:42 pm »

Only thing I know is that once he got into a shouting match with Arbeloa (who was at Real U19s) and got sent off... ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6876 on: March 29, 2024, 10:17:01 pm »
Mascherano is the Argentina Under 20 manager currently.  We shoulds be looking at his direction for the next Argie gems coming through and they are especially in the forwards and central midfield.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6877 on: March 29, 2024, 10:23:25 pm »
So we're going from Xabi to Xavi?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6878 on: March 29, 2024, 10:27:15 pm »
Just my own intuition here, but my moneys on a fellow German...Julian Nagelsmann?
The rumour in her many is that he’s going to go back to Bayern
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6879 on: March 29, 2024, 10:27:42 pm »
Did Klopp just drop a hint that De Zerbi wouldnt suit us?