Author Topic: Fabio Aurelio  (Read 262953 times)

Offline sat

• urday's my half day off, and off to the match I go
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Fabio Aurelio
« Reply #1520 on: March 14, 2009, 04:27:00 pm »
He was absolutely immense today and the free-kick just topped it off.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #1521 on: March 14, 2009, 04:44:31 pm »
Boss performance from him. Topped off with a sublime free kick.

It was a split second before I realised his free kick went in, like time stood still. Anyone else feel like this?
Me too!!!
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline thedonone

• Main Stander
« Reply #1522 on: March 14, 2009, 04:44:51 pm »
awesome free kick by fabio absolutely sensational

Offline Bangers N Masch

• Legacy Fan
  • Backing Hodgson.
« Reply #1523 on: March 14, 2009, 04:46:55 pm »
He was very good today - not as good as some of his excellent recent performances imo (his passing wasn't quite as good and he looked slightly more error-prone), but nonetheless still very good - and his free-kick showed why he should be taking the majority of them when he's on the pitch. Sublime.
'Nights like the semi-final back in 2005 live long in the memory of anyone who witnessed it, never mind me as an opposition player. That night has always stuck in my head and given me the desire to one day play in a red shirt and help the club return to its former glory days.'

Muted for 12 days for calling Rafa fat.

Offline B9

• Official Mandy Moore Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1524 on: March 14, 2009, 04:57:42 pm »
That was the sexiest free kick I've ever seen.

sexy is the right word. lovely curves in all the right places.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1525 on: March 14, 2009, 05:01:45 pm »
please dont get injured ever again
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Fine Shagger, Danny Agger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1526 on: March 14, 2009, 05:02:34 pm »

It was a split second before I realised his free kick went in, like time stood still. Anyone else feel like this?

Even Van Der Sar didn't! Haha. It just slipped through so quietly, there was like a second of silence before everyone celebrated.
If you can see Martin Skrtel, he can see you.  If you can't see Martin Skrtel, you may be moments away from certain death.

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1527 on: March 14, 2009, 05:04:00 pm »

Same here. Wasn't expecting it.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline gloves

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1528 on: March 14, 2009, 05:05:06 pm »
He had a few near misses in his first season with us - nice to see one finally in the back of the net!  Great free kick!

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1529 on: March 14, 2009, 05:06:32 pm »
His left foot killed the game for the Mancs in the end, such sweet silence and a strike made so effortlessly that it was amazing. 
Allied to that, a great performance up against Ronaldo.
I just pray he stays fit for the rest of the season.

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
« Reply #1530 on: March 14, 2009, 05:16:50 pm »
I think we should make a pact from this moment not to wish he stayed fit for the rest of the season at least in writing or out loud. In fact, I think the pact should be that nobody even mentions the fact that he is likely to get injured.

The more it's said, the more fate rubs her grubby little hands together...
Blank.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1531 on: March 14, 2009, 05:19:16 pm »
Who was that guy saying he'll have a shit game today because Man Utd have some of the best attacking players in the world? Will have too look back in this thread, but I'd love to hear what he has tosay about his performance today.

Along with Hyypia, he was our best player. I did previously say Torres and Gerrard too, but they faded a bit in the second half. Hyypia and Aurelio were brilliant all game

Edit: It was azer

Anyway, see if he plays tomorrow and if he does, we'll see how well he does against a team that can play with width and will pose an attacking threat. Over to you fabio.....
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 05:20:53 pm by Hazell »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline the_prodigal_s0n

• Whats occurrin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1532 on: March 14, 2009, 05:24:09 pm »
Who was that guy saying he'll have a shit game today because Man Utd have some of the best attacking players in the world? Will have too look back in this thread, but I'd love to hear what he has tosay about his performance today.
Cue him saying that United don't have much width or attacking threat and how next week is the bigger test. Can't  believe the guy didn't cost us a penny in transfer fees.

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1533 on: March 14, 2009, 05:25:39 pm »
top performance by aurelio, definitely in the running for mem....and doe s this appear familiar?

goal number 3
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1534 on: March 14, 2009, 05:25:58 pm »

Along with Hyypia, he was our best player. I did previously say Torres and Gerrard too, but they faded a bit in the second half. Hyypia and Aurelio were brilliant all game

Edit: It was azer

You'll hear nothing for days. Then, you'll hear a few nitpicks which prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that this is one average player.
Blank.

Offline wilber7

• Main Stander
« Reply #1535 on: March 14, 2009, 05:28:35 pm »
that free kick today reiterates the fact that he is the best dead ball taker we have at the club.

gerrard is wasted taking corners n free kicks

Offline ladcameo

• Kopite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #1536 on: March 14, 2009, 05:36:34 pm »
i initially thought of starting a riise vs aurelio thread,but that is totally unnecessary.i think aurelio is far ahead of riise.i guess he only lags behind riise in terms of power

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1537 on: March 14, 2009, 05:38:21 pm »
i initially thought of starting a riise vs aurelio thread,but that is totally unnecessary.i think aurelio is far ahead of riise.i guess he only lags behind riise in terms of power

He lacks nothing in comparison with Riise football-wise, not even power.
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #1538 on: March 14, 2009, 05:45:44 pm »

:D

He looks so happy. Made up for him.

Offline B9

• Official Mandy Moore Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1539 on: March 14, 2009, 05:47:04 pm »
He lacks nothing in comparison with Riise football-wise, not even power.

Fabio is a much better player but to be fair Riise has hit some goals from so far out with the kind of power not even gerrard can match. Fabio doesn't have that.

Offline Red_in_Holland

• arl arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack is the best defense.. btw we have both
« Reply #1540 on: March 14, 2009, 05:47:46 pm »
Well done, Fabio lad.

Some never doubted yer.. some.. errr.. did.  Some have the bollocks to admit they were wrong, some..err.. won't.

Stay fit lad, just stay fit for us.

Los Rojos Conquistadores
"It's good to have a challenge in training. If you play against one of the best strikers in the Premier League almost everyday, that can only help you when the game comes around each weekend."

Asked if he had worked out how to stop Torres, Hyypia added: "I'm working on it, I'm working on it.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #1541 on: March 14, 2009, 05:48:22 pm »
I like his hair. Beautiful.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1542 on: March 14, 2009, 06:19:31 pm »
Quality player. If he had pace, would be up there with Evra as the best.

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1543 on: March 14, 2009, 06:22:09 pm »

I'm not sure what Evra has that Fabio doesn't football-wise. It also helps when he has somebody playing really well in front of him. Carried Riera (for the most part) and then linked up well with Dossena who was tracking back nicely. Only thing others have over him is his injury record.
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #1544 on: March 14, 2009, 06:27:51 pm »
I think they're different type of players, despite playing in the same position. Aurllio is far more versatlie than Evra. If Fab can stay injury free until the end of the season, then I think it'd be fair to start comparing who is the better player.

Love how big Skrtel steams in and gives him a big bear hug. ANIMAL!!!

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1545 on: March 14, 2009, 06:28:10 pm »
I'm not sure what Evra has that Fabio doesn't football-wise. It also helps when he has somebody playing really well in front of him. Carried Riera (for the most part) and then linked up well with Dossena who was tracking back nicely. Only thing others have over him is his injury record.

Fabio's technique is certaintly on a par with the best full backs. However, pace/atheleticism are also important elements for a full back to overlap and get to the by line, its these attributes the likes of Insua and Evra have over Fabio.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1546 on: March 14, 2009, 06:30:29 pm »
Fabio's technique is certaintly on a par with the best full backs. However, pace/atheleticism are also important elements for a full back to overlap and get to the by line, its these attributes the likes of Insua and Evra have over Fabio.

True, but if you have a team that doesn't use attacking fullbacks, it's not that much of a problem. I think Clichy is a very good player but is defensively suspect so I'd rather have Aurelio in our team.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1547 on: March 14, 2009, 06:53:52 pm »
HE FUCKING SCORED ONE!

Over the last couple of seasons Fabio's taken a few shots from free kicks and they've looked decent- but he hasn't scored one from a free kick- great goal keeping or whatever has thwarted him... but today- well, what a day to get it right. Killed the game off completely with one amazing set piece.

Loving watching Fabio play these days- he's been immense. And just look at his celebration after the goal. Love it.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #1548 on: March 14, 2009, 06:54:23 pm »
This isn't knee jerk but he should be taking all our free kicks.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1549 on: March 14, 2009, 07:00:53 pm »
Our MOTM for me.

Had Ronaldo in his back pocket all game, looked composed and still got forward to help an otherwise non-existent Riera and topped it off with a fine piece of Brazilian magic.

Whenever hes on form hes always been one of our best players. You just can't beat the Fab.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #1550 on: March 14, 2009, 07:14:28 pm »
HE FUCKING SCORED ONE!

Over the last couple of seasons Fabio's taken a few shots from free kicks and they've looked decent- but he hasn't scored one from a free kick- great goal keeping or whatever has thwarted him... but today- well, what a day to get it right. Killed the game off completely with one amazing set piece.

Loving watching Fabio play these days- he's been immense. And just look at his celebration after the goal. Love it.

Aye - he's been close quite a few times, mainly they've scuffed the top of the net or hit the bar/post, but as (I think Bob) said in the Gerrard is shite at freekicks thread, now that he's getting more chance to take free kicks he's getting his eye in a bit more and the result is clear to see. Hope he continues to get a shot at goal when we're given a free kick on the right side of the box.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #1551 on: March 14, 2009, 07:19:02 pm »
Wrap him up in wool when he's not playing. Don't let him leave his house.

Quickly becoming one of the top left backs in the league.
JFT97

Offline SadRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1552 on: March 14, 2009, 07:22:28 pm »

I think he already is. Even without the pace.

Offline Crouchy

• Legacy Fan
  • Vamos!
« Reply #1553 on: March 14, 2009, 07:24:37 pm »
Sweet free kick but i reckon he did a better job in keeping Ronaldo in his back pocket.

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1554 on: March 14, 2009, 07:33:26 pm »
Wrap him up in wool when he's not playing. Don't let him leave his house.

Quickly becoming one of the top left backs in the league.

Padded room already built at Melwood. As soon as training is over he gets locked in there.
Blank.

Offline Sabu Pundit

• Genius obviously.
  • Main Stander
  • Youth Never Wore Cologne
« Reply #1555 on: March 14, 2009, 07:42:07 pm »
Flappy Ho! Yore leftly feet is sweet, sweet like chuck lot. This freedom kick it leaf Evander SARS stare into space in style slack jaw retard. Sabu offer sacrifice to the GAWDS tonight in yer Honor (not Blackman).
Dojo dreams be Tostao blown
Wark on, Wark on
Withe Thorpe injure Park

Offline lookieman

• Kopite
« Reply #1556 on: March 14, 2009, 07:43:42 pm »
Haha Flappy Ho! class :D

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1557 on: March 14, 2009, 07:50:12 pm »

:D

Is that the mathematical equation for the trajectory of the ball in the bottom corner?
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Ecuared

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1558 on: March 14, 2009, 07:54:04 pm »
On current form I can't think of a better LB out there. Evra has been the stand out player in that position over the last couple years, and Lahm is also a very good player, but on his day Fabio is just sucha good all around player.

He is a:

1) Excellent all around defender.

2) He's really good at getting out of jams and passing/dribbling his way out of tight spaces.

3) He's an excellent passer, he can keep it on the deck, and also lobs up a nice soft long ball.

4) He's always positionally/tactically sound. He's not a overlapping full-back, but he gets into danger areas nonetheless, almost never lets an attacker in behind him on the counter.

5) He takes good free-kicks and corners.

6) He scores goals.

That's a lot of good attributes for a fullback to have. The only big negative he has is that he's always getting crocked. He hasn't had any big injuries this year and his contribution to the side as been really good.

The one worry i have is that he may have earned himself a call up to the Brazilian side. Great for him personally, but the last thing we need is him flying across the Atlantic to play emotionally charged games on hard, dry, pitches.  :-[

Hopefully Dunga doesn't rate him.
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Online Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1559 on: March 14, 2009, 07:55:20 pm »
What a hit son, what a hit.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington