Author Topic: Please read - thanks  (Read 32082 times)

Offline murdell

• Main Stander
Re: Please read - thanks
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2013, 02:31:54 am »
Gerrard is having his best season since 08/09 and the only reason Carra has had a sniff is because we've gone to absolute shite at the back.

He's not placating anyone just working with what he's got. I

Its placating good for nothing fans. And in order to do it he has to placate them rather than set up like he wants. Gerrard and cards have no future with us and as I was lead to believe he was meant to overhaul us. Well he hasn't he has bowed to result pressure probably due to whoppers so he can at least see next season. He has totally bottled any real rebuild over all you shits crying for the 80s in my opinion.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2013, 02:39:51 am »
Its placating good for nothing fans. And in order to do it he has to placate them rather than set up like he wants. Gerrard and cards have no future with us and as I was lead to believe he was meant to overhaul us. Well he hasn't he has bowed to result pressure probably due to whoppers so he can at least see next season. He has totally bottled any real rebuild over all you shits crying for the 80s in my opinion.

not sure if serious Gerrard has no future with us hey? as for a manager plays someone because he wants placate rawk posters well made me smile, in my opinion you take after your dad!
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2013, 02:43:50 am »

That is very harsh. I think he has been playing players on Merit all season. Its merit that has led to players like Henderson winning there place and its merit that has led to players like Skrtel losing there. As far as rebuilding is concerned our young players like Sterling, Shelvey ,Suso and Wisdom have seen a lot of playing time given there age so in that respect we are doing quite well.

Offline 6thSense

• 6th Sense? Nonsense more like.
  • Anny Roader
  • stadium work is gonna start in the summer of 2014
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2013, 02:49:58 am »
If he Ayre wasn't a talented young manager-ing director then he wouldn't be managing us.

Fixed for you. See, it doesn't make any sense.

Nice essay of an OP.

I never single out players for criticism - but there's no need tonight, because we were uniformly awful.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2013, 03:02:28 am »
Fixed for you. See, it doesn't make any sense.

Nice essay of an OP.

???

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2013, 03:08:21 am »

Your surely on a wind up or a complete plank.

Placate who, fuck me as much as Carra is loved by the majority of our fans you'd struggle to find many who have called for his inclusion in the team despite us looking clueless at the back. I think most fans have come to terms with the fact that he's no longer the player he was.

Gerrard, 6 goals and 9 assists. That's joint top for assists in the league, more than Hazard, Rooney, Silva, Van Persie.
Fucking placate me more with stats like that because you'd struggle to buy a player with stats like that for less than twenty million.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline murdell

• Main Stander
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2013, 03:18:37 am »
Your surely on a wind up or a complete plank.

Placate who, fuck me as much as Carra is loved by the majority of our fans you'd struggle to find many who have called for his inclusion in the team despite us looking clueless at the back. I think most fans have come to terms with the fact that he's no longer the player he was.

Gerrard, 6 goals and 9 assists. That's joint top for assists in the league, more than Hazard, Rooney, Silva, Van Persie.
Fucking placate me more with stats like that because you'd struggle to buy a player with stats like that for less than twenty million.

I don't give two fucks for us looking clueless at the back this season. I want our future playing. I don't give two fucks if we finish 10th this season I want Rodgers midfield been implemented not Gerrard deep playmaking / new pirlo bollox I don't care if its worked 2 or 3 months ( and it hasn't ) I want his ideas implemented now and continuous. Because unlike some I know we are shit and 10th to 7th makes full all difference. If I wanted counter attacking carra and Stevie I'd employed a counter coach. I want Allen in that midfield and I want him to stop worrying about whoppers and the sack and play his football. If he continues this direct low line shite I will want his head for totally different reasons too most whoppers in here.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2013, 04:03:58 am »
Am I the only one who was dissapointed to not see a brand new post?

Offline BreakfastPercy

• Legacy Fan
  • Follow me: @BreakfastPercy
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2013, 05:35:20 am »
I don't give two fucks for us looking clueless at the back this season. I want our future playing. I don't give two fucks if we finish 10th this season I want Rodgers midfield been implemented not Gerrard deep playmaking / new pirlo bollox I don't care if its worked 2 or 3 months ( and it hasn't ) I want his ideas implemented now and continuous. Because unlike some I know we are shit and 10th to 7th makes full all difference. If I wanted counter attacking carra and Stevie I'd employed a counter coach. I want Allen in that midfield and I wanthim to stop worrying about whoppers and the sack and play his football. If he continues this direct low line shite I will want his head for totally different reasons too most whoppers in here.
The Modern Fan: A Parody

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2013, 05:41:41 am »
Belter of a post, and thats an understatement.

My worry is not the fans. After the loss against Zenit, it hit me that there is a possibility the players might lose the faith much quicker than the fans. These so-called fans, rather than supporters, have already made their mind up on Rodgers right from the start.

Players' faith, for me, is the biggest worry now.

Offline murdell

• Main Stander
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2013, 05:43:40 am »
The Modern Fan: A Parody

Oh I'm sorry. I thought we all WANTED this. An overhaul of our style. But na we don't want that we want Jamie and Stevie and unrealistic league places. We don't want Allen and new philosophy we want Kenny tactics and old sentimental heroes. Modern fan fuck all, I want change at this club. Real change not top your hat I don't want the sack shit.

Let me ask you something, is Brendan playing to his principles?

Offline murdell

• Main Stander
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2013, 05:59:42 am »
"The reality is that Liverpool are not the best team right now. Not even close. Other clubs are investing much more than they are.

"I hope he has time to build, because if he doesn't have the right players in his hand, it takes more time to build. I think he deserves that and - with time - he will improve them."

He will never get the time with whoppers wanting the old guard and 4th. Those quotes are mourinho's and in addition to them until we drop sentimentality we will always be poor hard done by little shits.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2013, 06:07:22 am »
I don't give two fucks for us looking clueless at the back this season. I want our future playing. I don't give two fucks if we finish 10th this season I want Rodgers midfield been implemented not Gerrard deep playmaking / new pirlo bollox I don't care if its worked 2 or 3 months ( and it hasn't ) I want his ideas implemented now and continuous. Because unlike some I know we are shit and 10th to 7th makes full all difference. If I wanted counter attacking carra and Stevie I'd employed a counter coach. I want Allen in that midfield and I want him to stop worrying about whoppers and the sack and play his football. If he continues this direct low line shite I will want his head for totally different reasons too most whoppers in here.

What are you fucking on about ?  I can understand the need to see us prepare for the future but through the season Gerrard is having a revival.  He is injury free and he is starting to hit form again.  He may not run as much as he did in the past or be as dynamic but he is making up for it with experience.  He has quite easily been one of our best players this season with one or two bad games excepted.  What is your problem ?  He could easily continue for another two years if he keeps going this way and who is to say he won't go longer than that ? 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline BreakfastPercy

• Legacy Fan
  • Follow me: @BreakfastPercy
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2013, 06:40:23 am »
Oh I'm sorry. I thought we all WANTED this. An overhaul of our style. But na we don't want that we want Jamie and Stevie and unrealistic league places. We don't want Allen and new philosophy we want Kenny tactics and old sentimental heroes. Modern fan fuck all, I want change at this club. Real change not top your hat I don't want the sack shit.

Let me ask you something, is Brendan playing to his principles?
It is his first season, and as such he is trying to keep loads of different plates spinning. He has brought Carragher in to teach lessons of leadership and attitude, and to light a fire under Skrtel, and as a trade-off our defensive shape has begun to wobble. Yes it's unfortunate that it didn't work in some crucial games, but playing Carragher doesn't mean he's abandoned his philosophy, just that he's focusing his limited resources on a different element of it.

I have no doubt the mentality of Rodgers' players are as much a part of his philosophy as the technical skills. The summer may allow us to get a player that can do it all, but for now we are either/or.

I think there's different ways of looking at Rodgers' performance, and the reason I'm not listening to calls for his head are because those people did not have a voice a week ago. No sensible view in football is formed in a week. I'm glad you back what you think is his vision, but then it's his vision and he has the prerogative to change it.

If we go from the end of Benitez's last season and strike the intervening years (let's face it there has been virtually no progress), then from that point to now there are some noticeable differences. That was a squad designed by and for Rafa Benitez and- despite all the other stuff- it only finished seventh. From that point to now we basically have the same performance output, but with a younger squad and more attacking football.

Now revamping the philosophy of a Benitez team, blooding youngsters, and not ceding places in the league would generally be an acceptable year's work for a manager. Of course it's down to everybody's personal taste whether they think Hodgson and Kenny have since made that an easier task, but that's just one way of looking at it.

This time next year I'll be expecting a lot more, but as far as I can tell the 'ocean liner' someone at the club described has been turned around. Yes there are things I disagree with, and also things I don't like. There are some things I don't care about because I just don't need every little thing to be either for or against whatever view I might accidentally find myself entrenched in. Instead I focus my energies on fostering the bits I do like, surrounding myself with the interesting and the enjoyable. Some might pass that off as 'happy clappy' but then fuck me there's enough things that demand you suffer for them, I prefer to have my football remedy not add to them.

All I read from you is 'I want I want I want'. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar, and god knows there's plenty around when your posts stink like shit. Go find a thread with something you like, encourage and further that thread, and you may find this whole thing more enjoyable. It's great this place when you're looking to identify with other people who love their football.

Offline kapil08

• Kopite
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2013, 07:00:21 am »
Brilliant post. So many memories. Hopefully, Rodgers will create a few of his own, with us.
"If Bob Paisley had been on the continent or in America, in whatever capacity or field he worked, and achieved what he achieved, I think he’d be rated higher than the President, the Lord Mayor, the King or the Queen or whatever"

Ron Atkinson

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Please read - thanks
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2013, 07:15:40 am »
The Minority are shouting the loudest and its the only voices people hear anymore.

Offline FoolForPool

• Main Stander
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2013, 07:55:40 am »
I think the majority of the fan base have a deep rooted sense of fear that Liverpool will slip to mid table obscurity and beyond.  Become another Notts Forests.  I suspect if they had online forums at the time we would have witnessed a similar melt down.    We have had to accept that we haven't won the league in 20 years.  Then we had to put up with just being a 'cup' team whilst still being in the top 4.  Now we are not in the top four and can't even call ourselves a cup team.  Some fans see this as a 20 year decline and are panicking.  They're scared, hell I am scared:-( 

It's normal to vent these frustrations in a forum that has all sorts of different types of fans.  None are more 'real or true' - (although some can be more fun/interesting).   The opening post was great, we need people to put perspective back in to the forum.

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2013, 08:00:11 am »
I would like to note how appreciative I am of the OP - not just that immensely wise contribution but his analysis and thoughtful writing to date. It's a pleasure to read, and I learn a great deal. Thank you PhaseofPlay.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 08:03:40 am by The Repeated Meme »
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2013, 08:04:33 am »
I'm so glad that post he made got it's own topic

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2013, 08:08:02 am »
The Rafa ship has sailed a long time ago. What's done is done and there's no way to reverse it. As much as I love King Kenny, I thought his appointment was not right because it had a short term ring to it. FSG should have created an extensive process to select the right manager after the Hodgson farce. That's that and now we have Rodgers.

So far, he's a good manager but in many areas, still unproven. Will Liverpool and FSG afford him time while he learns? I don't know. I'd rather take the long term view. As long as we get it right eventually. Every year, it gets tougher. We compete with the nouveau riche, the champion club for decades and the up and comers.

With BR, when we're good, we really look awesome. When we're bad, we still look good except the scoreboard. To me, he's still developing as a manager and has upsides. For a team in transition, that's what I look for: upsides.

royhendo

« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2013, 08:48:26 am »
Sturridge has played 275 minutes of football for us in the league. He's already demonstrated that what he does is key for the system. We've had to improvise up to this point.

275 minutes is all you get as a manager. All the rhetoric about how he was let down in the summer window is forgotten. All the mitigating stuff is thrown out and ignored. Pathetic reasoning, and no different from the Chelsea fans and Newcastle fans we spend so much time taking the piss out of. We need a big mirror put in front of us next time we even start with that.

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
Please read - thanks
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2013, 09:18:31 am »
Sturridge has played 275 minutes of football for us in the league. He's already demonstrated that what he does is key for the system. We've had to improvise up to this point.

275 minutes is all you get as a manager. All the rhetoric about how he was let down in the summer window is forgotten. All the mitigating stuff is thrown out and ignored. Pathetic reasoning, and no different from the Chelsea fans and Newcastle fans we spend so much time taking the piss out of. We need a big mirror put in front of us next time we even start with that.
Yet Brendan had the option to take him on loan didn't be, and refused. Also while Sturridge has been a success, it has come at the cost of Suarez's goal threat. You cannot claim that his system needed this kind of player so badly yet ignore that fact that we spent 20 million on Allen and Sahin instead of acquiring the players everyone KNEW we needed, a striker and cover for Lucas.

Now we hear that Rodgers is looking to add another Swansea player to the ranks after failing to get the best out of two CB's that were part of one of the best defended last year.

The snideness towards posters on this site is laughable. Of course we are all blind and stupid. Maybe someone should set me up with an hour or two with Brendan so I can fall for his wonderful charm.
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
Please read - thanks
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2013, 09:21:24 am »
The Rafa ship has sailed a long time ago. What's done is done and there's no way to reverse it. As much as I love King Kenny, I thought his appointment was not right because it had a short term ring to it. FSG should have created an extensive process to select the right manager after the Hodgson farce. That's that and now we have Rodgers.

So far, he's a good manager but in many areas, still unproven. Will Liverpool and FSG afford him time while he learns? I don't know. I'd rather take the long term view. As long as we get it right eventually. Every year, it gets tougher. We compete with the nouveau riche, the champion club for decades and the up and comers.

With BR, when we're good, we really look awesome. When we're bad, we still look good except the scoreboard. To me, he's still developing as a manager and has upsides. For a team in transition, that's what I look for: upsides.
How has the Rafa ship sailed? Are we in the position to ignore top managers who know our players, setup our youth system and signed a good amount of our young stars? Of course we are.

Cutting off options is a stupid thing to do.
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2013, 09:23:09 am »

That last part is the bit that really disappoints me. We are very quick to deride Chelsea fans for not giving Benitez a chance, for wanting his head, for derogatory comments they throw at him, yet, I've seen many of our own throw similar at our own manager.

He's called a fraud, a no mark, a prick. Some fans are a poorly printed A4 sign away from being identical to those Chelsea fans they criticise.

I'm not as old as some, but this isn't the way I've been brought up to support our club. Criticism of tactics, substitutions etc is fine, welcomed even. But many fans seem to go past this and straight to the sarcastic, snide comments and it really doesn't sit well with me.

I want to give Rodgers time, he deserves it because no one, no matter how talented or experienced they are could've taken a side that finished around 7th for three years running, cut the squad and take us into the Champions League. It will take time, maybe he won't be the manager to win us titles, but unless he gets the backing both from the owners and us fans, we will never know and what's worse, I can't see any next manager being afforded the time to do so either.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline rafa4eva

• Kopite
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2013, 09:26:02 am »
Wow, up until your hodge appreciation started and pre brendan bits of your post....everything u had written resonated with me .. It's how I had felt at each of those specific times in our history ... Well done on a well written post and I am no coach !

I would like to counter some of the points in this post, in the interest of debate based on the premise of the good old days sitting in a pub with a few lads vs the other extreme, unadulterated Internet whoppers or wums.

From my perspective, what has opened my eyes over the years is give people choice and the ability to choose freely without any duress, that's when you really get to know people. Even 30 years ago we had limited choice, limited access to information, how many people knew about or believed in the reality of sexual abuse outside of those being treated for it? Or had the choice and desire to move anywhere and get a job?

As an example,  Family and staying close used to mean more back in the day but now I think that's changed and that's due to choices and options being available and people being more honest about taking them...

This same point applies to us as a football club. Sitting in a group of 5 with a vocal lead, an antagoniser and 3 moderators supported by some old sod ... Who would clip u around the ear if u went too far... For me now is more about controlled conversation.... I've sat in many a pub where if a conversation reached a difficult, polarising or complex subject... Inevitably you were publicly mocked,  or violent or threatening behaviour would occur because people don't want to talk about it... A level of control on what is discussed or not is always there....and what that control does is support the clichés IMO ... Limits how far you can test or push a subject which again IMO is where u learn more... It's scary how many people just drift... No opinions of their own... Full of cliche and parts of someone else's arguments stored away for regurgitation....

I don't know out of that group of 5, at the end of the night, whether when they are walking back home one of em is thinking that was bollox what Roy said... But can't be arsed tellin him that .... All down to not being called out, not being confident, not caring enough to make a counter point because who wants to be laughed at? This situation could cover racist remarks, stereotype remarks, cheating, treating women like second class citizens, adultery.... And football managers, styles and rafa.

Sometimes I think people forget that with choice comes responsibility, that just because u can do something doesn't mean you have to do it...

So what's my point..

My point is that as much as I believe in some posters assertions our fan base has changed in some ways... On reflection I actually believe you are just hearing and seeing what has always been there ... Apart from the extremes of wums and antagonists....

Fatscouser puts it more eloquently than I can, but rafa leaving and the vitirole just within our club nevermind the external world broke me... along with similar stuff happening in my own life....around a manager who gave me everything I had felt when kenny was in first in charge... Total and utter belief that he knew what he was doing backed up by trophies, great games and memories..... To have to sit and listen to people, friends, family and posters who as far as I was concerned were saying get rafa out anyone else can do better... Effectively IMO were saying burn down anfield, our club and our legacy....and this was coming for people who apparently loved the club as much as me.... that really opened my eyes to what actually does exist, what is real...

As a human race, we haven't changed much to be honest... There are never enough true leaders, there are too many people who just don't think, there are too many people who just want to follow, there are not enough people wanting to do the right thing, there are not enough people who think of consequences... And there are too many people stuck hurting others and themselves....

There really are people who just want to burn down the world....open your eyes and see them for what they are .... Sooner rather than later! The Internet and information overload can be full of bile but it also helps you see what's really out there in terms of opinion and sentiment....as weird / wonderful and scary as that can be ....

I don't feel for Liverpool what i once felt... I put it down to being emotionally scarred... but IMO Brendan still has question marks... We play like a mid table team... Same levels of inconsistency as any other side around us at the moment.... The question is with the squad we have is that where we should be? IMO I made the same point about the hodge, our 1st 11 is not a mid table team... I hated the hodge for suggesting we couldn't compete for 4th.... And though Brendan is nowhere near da hodge as a man, I don't think he's getting the best out of the players he has available... Should we show paitence? Of course... Do I think this is the best football I've seen as other posters have suggested? No, I personally think we have a system and set up akin to a boxer who has a weak chin but can't find any other way to box ... He's best when he's on the attack, he has to stay open and the chance is always there for a knock out.... Which inevitably means inconsistency ... And if nothing else any lomg term winner in any sport has to be able to provide consistent winning performances...

Apologies for this rambling post! And again appreciated the op.

Offline kred

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2013, 09:26:24 am »

Let's say that a two strikers (good ones) set-up, is the key.  If that's the case then why not play Borini along Suarez in WBA match?  Yes maybe Borini's not that good, but he is a Rodgers signing.  But no, the manager plays lone striker, and brings us back to the dross of possession but no goals.  It's this type of inconsistencies that worry some of us. 

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2013, 09:27:47 am »
How has the Rafa ship sailed? Are we in the position to ignore top managers who know our players, setup our youth system and signed a good amount of our young stars? Of course we are.

Cutting off options is a stupid thing to do.
We have a manager, whats your point? .........You want our current manager to be sacked?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

royhendo

« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2013, 09:30:28 am »
We'd do the exact same if it was Rafa, don't kid yourselves. We did it before, and we're only more inclined to do it again.

Yet Brendan had the option to take him on loan didn't be, and refused.

That's right - he had a deal tied up for Dempsey, or so it seemed, and at a value price. Ergo pass on Sturridge. As for the other signings, fair dos, but Borini missed the bulk of the first half of the season with injury, while Allen was arguably our standout performer during that period. But again, that's not being taken into account.

The snideness towards posters on this site is laughable. Of course we are all blind and stupid. Maybe someone should set me up with an hour or two with Brendan so I can fall for his wonderful charm.

And you say other folk are snide Reece? The opening post is balanced. It reminds you that we all bitched and moaned about Rafa just the same. It wouldn't be any different for any manager just now. We're no different from the fans of any other club, despite claims to the contrary.

royhendo

« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2013, 09:32:52 am »
Great post that rafa4eva. Thought provoking and much appreciated.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2013, 09:33:27 am »
The Minority are shouting the loudest and its the only voices people hear anymore.

The problem is mate, it's those that are the most blinkered, and resistant to debate.
It used to be just the post match, but it's started to seep out into the forum.
I suggested yesterday in the RAWK Plea thread, make Post match open to those that support the site, the 'supporter' and the 'scribe' and 'writer'.
If they want to spout shite all fucking night then at least they pay for the privilege, the first one that steps onto the main board get's a ban.

I know the PM is 'designed' to keep all the fucking blerts in once place, much like the Transfer Forum, but I've noticed its the same posters every week, and it's easy to contaminate the other threads, when it's on the board it's on.
If someone says they want Brendan out, but then backs it up with 200 words that make sense we can all appreciate it's been thought out, and on the face of it could be construed as a genuine opinion.
Those that 'slime' their way in, and just drop a nasty underhand one linerand then fuck off are the ones we don't need.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline kred

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2013, 09:37:06 am »
Yet Brendan had the option to take him on loan didn't be, and refused. Also while Sturridge has been a success, it has come at the cost of Suarez's goal threat. You cannot claim that his system needed this kind of player so badly yet ignore that fact that we spent 20 million on Allen and Sahin instead of acquiring the players everyone KNEW we needed, a striker and cover for Lucas.

Now we hear that Rodgers is looking to add another Swansea player to the ranks after failing to get the best out of two CB's that were part of one of the best defended last year.

Rodgers results in signings is questionable really.  Sahin, Assaidi, Allen, Borini.  Only Sturridge is proven, but he was already on radar 2 seasons ago.  Hope he does better this summer. 

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2013, 09:38:33 am »

This suggests the manager should only be measured or assessed when Sturridge plays.  Which completely discards all of his signings and indeed tactics beyond Sturridge.  Yes he was let down in the Summer by Ayre, a problem which hasn't been addressed to date as Ayre is still in post riding his Harley.

However notwithstanding that his signings have left a fair bit to be desired, to the extent where he obviously prefers Dalglish's over his own, with Downing and Hendo regularly starting ahead of the likes of Allen/Borini.  And of course the loan agreement for Sahin is forgettable at best.  As for the other two, Assaidi and the other one, Yesil is it?.  I've no idea what happened to them.

royhendo

« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2013, 09:46:19 am »
This suggests the manager should only be measured or assessed when Sturridge plays.  Which completely discards all of his signings and indeed tactics beyond Sturridge.  Yes he was let down in the Summer by Ayre, a problem which hasn't been addressed to date as Ayre is still in post riding his Harley.

It suggests there was a frame for the first half of the season, that's for sure. We were studiously patient for a lot of that time dude, weren't we? It suggests everything should be viewed in context. "We'll judge him after January" a lot of folk said. A handful of days into February and they ain't kidding.

However notwithstanding that his signings have left a fair bit to be desired, to the extent where he obviously prefers Dalglish's over his own, with Downing and Hendo regularly starting ahead of the likes of Allen/Borini.  And of course the loan agreement for Sahin is forgettable at best.  As for the other two, Assaidi and the other one, Yesil is it?.  I've no idea what happened to them.

Allen's done well for us on balance. I honestly don't get people citing him as if he's a failure. Borini's been injured and others have gone ahead of him in the pecking order. Rafa never picked Robbie Keane. Kenny never played Carroll. Mourinho with Kezman/Crespo/Mutu. Wenger with Jeffers. Guardiola with Ibrahimovic. Managers eh? But when we've a point of view about a manager, we cite things against them as if we were in court, despite all managers doing them.

The system works with the right players in it, that's what I'm suggesting. With more of the right players it'll work more consistently. That's why I'm hopeful about the manager in spite of a few bumps in the road. I respect your worry on that front - it's down to personal belief isn't it? But it seems to me we get less and less tolerant and patient over time. We've become incapable of letting a manager have a sub-par season, as if it never happens to talented managers in their careers.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2013, 09:55:12 am »

The system works with the right players in it, that's what I'm suggesting. With more of the right players it'll work more consistently. That's why I'm hopeful about the manager in spite of a few bumps in the road. I respect your worry on that front - it's down to personal belief isn't it? But it seems to me we get less and less tolerant and patient over time. We've become incapable of letting a manager have a sub-par season, as if it never happens to talented managers in their careers.

I agree.
However, what worries me Roy is that the powers that be only see slow/little progress and their collective trigger finger will start to itch.
Only a fool would claim things are no different when you look at the side, yes, we'll buy players that aren't the right fit just yet, Allen is a point in case. The odd blip aside it looks on the surface like we're on the right road to becoming 'flaat track bullies', which is something we've lacked for years, when we've achieved this, through playing football the way BR wants us to, we work on the teams around/ahead of us.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2013, 10:01:18 am »
It suggests there was a frame for the first half of the season, that's for sure. We were studiously patient for a lot of that time dude, weren't we? It suggests everything should be viewed in context. "We'll judge him after January" a lot of folk said. A handful of days into February and they ain't kidding.

Allen's done well for us on balance. I honestly don't get people citing him as if he's a failure. Borini's been injured and others have gone ahead of him in the pecking order. Rafa never picked Robbie Keane. Kenny never played Carroll. Mourinho with Kezman/Crespo/Mutu. Wenger with Jeffers. Guardiola with Ibrahimovic. Managers eh? But when we've a point of view about a manager, we cite things against them as if we were in court, despite all managers doing them.

Yeah but it's probably down to genuine expectation.  A sub par season for some may be narrowly failing to nip into 4th, not treading water in mid table.  Obviously the season isn't over but barring a miracle we won't challenge for CL qualification.  If all are being genuinely honest no-one at the start of the season would have settled for a season which is panning out worse than last.  With last resulting in the sacking of the manager.

The main worry re Brendan is that he's no pedigree to suggest he can pull it all around.  Would love him to do so.  But we're his first big job, and he was brought in on the back of having a decent season with Swansea City, where he finished mid table.  If he could point to previous and say 'been there, done that' then you'd be more inclined to write the season off as a transitional one, as opposed to one which maybe is as good as it gets under an inexperienced and unproven manager.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2013, 10:05:30 am »
This is an excellent thread with decent debates and so on. Please keep your aggression to a reasonable level when arguing your points thanks. I really don't want this derailed. Ta.
Yep.

royhendo

« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2013, 10:11:06 am »
If all are being genuinely honest no-one at the start of the season would have settled for a season which is panning out worse than last.  With last resulting in the sacking of the manager.

I distinctly remember a lot of 'year zero'/'transitional season' talk when they got rid of Kenny (which was ridiculous in its own right). The club needs to heal and build a base to grow from steadily, and given it's mid Feb, and we're sat a point off 7th having massively streamlined the wage bill, which may seem irrelevant, but it'll mean we have a real solid platform for next season. We have a new scouting team freshly recruited from City which was the envy of the footballing world supposedly, and that just happened in the Autumn, with them all feeling their way into it - see the talk of Sneijder, Williams etc and the chat about getting in experience - Rodgers is lobbying for a relaxation of the owners' buying criteria. I'm guessing he won't get his way (again), but it's natural of a new structure and process starting. That lot will stay, even if we do bin Rodgers. The approach, the blueprint, it'll stay the same too. But it'd work better if we gave the man in the hot seat a fair crack of the whip.

It really is a season in transition, that's the thing. We can't settle enough to think that way though. If they had the gall to sack Kenny, I personally think they better be serious about the alternative they had in mind.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2013, 10:12:25 am »
I know I can be a right moaning bastard after a game and I know I can be critical of players. That's because I remember Whelan and McMahon (Souness was in a singular class). I remember Whelan being the scapegoat until he proved his worth and I remember Johnson getting called a "headless chicken" yet he delivered more trophies than some of the worshipped players in recent times have. I remember Liverpool bought players who'd wore the number 2 to 11 shirt the next Saturday, not to be a hopeful prospect for the next 2 years. I remember nothing being said now that wasn't said in the 70's or 80's, and remember the advent of the internet from which some people think moaning was invented. Nothing has changed and people should remember that, providing that rational debate prevails we can ignore those calling for Rodgers to be sacked. They are not a new phenomena like people seem to make out so just ignore them.

For me its all about realism, I love this site, I loved the OP and I loved this section..........

I have much respect for Rodgers, but hard questions still have to be asked of certain players, while some concerns are legitimate about his learning curve.

And that's all I want - instilment that the concept of Rodgers being sacked is unthinkable but recognition that there's areas of concern.

I'm going to have to re-read Mark Platt's book about the 1946/47 league winning season and provide some quotes for you all. It will enlighten you.

Great read, thanks.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2013, 10:15:01 am »

Are you saying that we are too good to sign players from Swansea?

Living in Swansea as I do, I have seen an awful lot of Ashley Williams and I really thought that he would struggle in the Premier League and that quick strikers like Suarez would ruin him but that hasn't happened and he has more than held his own in this League. He is also good in the air.

Also, going back to my language analogy, having another fluent speaker added to our squad can only be a good thing no? Especially when our centre backs are not exactly playing out of their skins....
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline redmen9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2013, 10:21:08 am »
Amen! Great OP!

Remember at the start of the season there was a very pessimistic thread on here where people put down their thoughts on where wed finish in the league. Most people seemed to think mid table but the outlook seemed rather bleak. The general consensus was that it would take a while for Rodgers to build his team and it was a given that we wouldn't be close the finished article for a couple of seasons at the earliest.

I'm not sure what changed that opinion, short memories, the need for instant gratification, the fact that the team were playing some really nice football, being profligate in front of goal due to the lack of an out and out goal scorer, but creating the chances. Maybe it  was the performances against City and Arsenal that made people believe that we now had a real chance of a top 4 spot.

For me, nothing's changed, Brendan has my support and my patience. Rome wasn't built in a day. He's done some great things since coming here from blooding youths to offloading some dead weight and reducing the wage bill. He's also acquired someone that will hopefully become a goalscoring great. He just needs to be given time, it's the least he deserves.