Author Topic: Lads, Trying to Conceive is a Ballache!  (Read 10928 times)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Lads, Trying to Conceive is a Ballache!
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2023, 08:45:57 pm »
Oh wow. Did you pay to put cameras in to monitor them? Kind of wish we had done that.

Edit: my wife's just told me each clinic does it differently. Some docs check on day 3.
Yeah each does it differently so don't base it on our experience mate.

We thought 5 days but they asked back on the 3rd. Embryo transfer done and she rested for the 5 days following. Did nothing at all.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2023, 10:48:09 am »
So we made it to the end of the process.

Out of the three eggs that were retrieved, 2 were deemed suitable. Looking at the percentages you are given at each stage, we were happy with that outcome. We would have liked to have more, but that's life.

Sunday morning one was transferred to my wife and one was frozen.

I got to watch the transfer happen on ultrasound which was a touching moment and really interesting. Its amazing the work that goes into this at each stage and it makes you realise how fragile it all is!

So yeah, we made it to the end. Just fingers crossed that the embryo has taken with a pregnancy test booked next week.

I've found that venting and chatting on here to have been really helpful so thank you to everyone for reaching out on the thread and in private.

I hope future fellow rawkites may find this useful at some point. I'll always be a part of this board, so always free to chat.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2023, 11:44:12 am »
Great stuff Fab! Fingers crossed for you both!! I thought pregnancy test was 2 weeks after but long as it's positive who cares!

Wish you both well & anytime you have any Qz don't hesitate to message.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2023, 11:51:37 am »
Cheers mate. Our test is booked exactly 2 weeks from when the eggs were fertilised. Transfer was on Sunday so that will be 11 days. I dunno, I just do what I'm told!
"Salahs in here......"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2023, 12:04:00 pm »
I just do what I'm told!
Learning quick ;)

How is Mrs? Let us know how it goes.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2023, 01:39:57 pm »
Best of luck Fab and anyone else going through similar.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2023, 01:45:14 pm »
Learning quick ;)

How is Mrs? Let us know how it goes.

I till fail to get that bit right ;D

Good luck with it Fab
Jurgen YNWA

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2023, 09:01:36 pm »
I till fail to get that bit right ;D
You can but try ;D

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2023, 01:00:13 pm »
Success 😊 found out this morning.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2023, 01:00:35 pm »
Congrats mate!

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2023, 03:02:47 pm »

Oh how fantastic for you both mate.  Congratulations 🥳

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2023, 03:04:24 pm »

Up there with your top corner finish against Van Der Sar. Well done mate.

Offline Mr Grieves

• at losing other mr, ending years of Broken Wings encores.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2023, 05:09:52 pm »
Brilliant news mate

Put the ball in the goddamn basket chief

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2023, 05:40:28 pm »
BRILLIANT!!!! When's due date ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #134 on: March 22, 2023, 05:43:06 pm »

Outstanding, congratulations...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2023, 10:26:38 pm »
Thanks all! It's still very early but we are obviously really happy. It's been months of worry and anxiety, and I'm sure some will continue, but weve decided to let the excitement of it all take over.

Absolutely hats off the the NHS. They've been incredible the whole journey. Tough times, but the staff and what they do is unbelievable.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2023, 10:28:32 pm »
Up there with your top corner finish against Van Der Sar. Well done mate.
:lmao
"Salahs in here......"

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2023, 10:33:04 pm »
get the fuck in mate, give my love to your wife  :)

Offline Rahul21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2023, 08:40:59 pm »

Congratulations mate!! :)

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2023, 08:49:45 am »
Thanks everyone 😊 first early scan booked in for 5th April (my birthday) so that's something to look forward to!

Rahul, you mentioned that you might need to go on a similar journey. Is everything good with you guys? Feel free to message in private.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #140 on: March 24, 2023, 09:02:24 am »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: March 25, 2023, 09:18:46 am »
Congratulations mate!! :)
How you getting on?

Offline Rahul21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2023, 05:07:56 pm »
How you getting on?

We had a baby girl in January. :)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2023, 06:35:01 pm »
We had a baby girl in January. :)
Really? FFS I got you confused with someone else ;D

Offline Rahul21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2023, 06:44:51 pm »
Really? FFS I got you confused with someone else ;D

I’ll DM you! :)

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2023, 06:53:42 pm »

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #146 on: April 9, 2023, 03:28:48 am »
Had our early scan on Tuesday, we're 7 weeks next week. Went early because her parents are up this weekend and wanted the announcement. I got my best man a bruised banana Arsenal babygrow for his so I'm expecting a Candy flashes one in return. It's due around her birthday so that might save me a few quid across the years.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: April 9, 2023, 10:07:53 am »
Had our early scan on Tuesday, we're 7 weeks next week. Went early because her parents are up this weekend and wanted the announcement. I got my best man a bruised banana Arsenal babygrow for his so I'm expecting a Candy flashes one in return. It's due around her birthday so that might save me a few quid across the years.
Congrats to you both ;D

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #148 on: April 10, 2023, 10:18:20 pm »
Brilliant news mate, congrats to you both! We're also 7 weeks this week!
"Salahs in here......"

Offline fowlerisgod4eva

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #149 on: April 21, 2023, 03:44:22 pm »
Nice to read some of the posts in here and congratulations to everyone above!
Me and my wife are just about starting now, having been trying for some years and on the NHS waiting list what seemed ages (about 12 months).
Had all our Appts and tests with seemingly nothing wrong with either of us.
Wife has now started taking Norethisterone for 12 days when we then start the injections.

Been good to read other people having gone through the journey and how it’s been for you all, I guess it’s not easy to have someone necessarily close to you (either by location or friendship) that has been through it to share with.

Offline Mr Grieves

• at losing other mr, ending years of Broken Wings encores.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2023, 07:04:25 pm »
Good luck with it mate, keep us posted.
Put the ball in the goddamn basket chief

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2023, 09:50:47 pm »
Me and my wife are just about starting now, having been trying for some years and on the NHS waiting list what seemed ages (about 12 months).
Wife has now started taking Norethisterone for 12 days when we then start the injections.

Been good to read other people having gone through the journey and how it’s been for you all, I guess it’s not easy to have someone necessarily close to you (either by location or friendship) that has been through it to share with.
Good luck with it!

Let us know how you get on.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2023, 11:46:51 am »

Good luck with it mate.

Its a long and tough journey, as I'm sure you realise. Always free to chat mate if you want, ask advice or anything.

Yeah, let us know how you get on.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline fowlerisgod4eva

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #153 on: July 3, 2023, 09:20:23 am »
Hey all,  had our first run at IVF, all the injections etc seemed to go ok and the Mrs didn’t have too much of a reaction to them (emotionally). We only managed 3 eggs, 2 fertilised, 1 was deeemd appropriate for implantation. Waited 2 weeks as instructed and then had a positive pregnancy test. Within a day of that bleeding started and was heavy and we knew we would no longer be positive. Had to wait a little while for that to be confirmed though which was tough going.
Had our follow up appt last week and looking to start another try, although will now be at our expense with only one cycle funded via the NHS. Think we are going to try this one as normal as the dosage can go up to 450 from 300 (max they said could be given on NHS), so hopefully this will help to gain more eggs for us.
Last week or so has been tough for sure, especially for the Mrs I think due to the egg situation last time. Onwards and upwards we go to try again!

Although we may have a wait on our hands, we have received a letter this morning around something the Mrs needs seeing to, which they have recommended is done prior to our next attempt even though they have said it had zero impact on the treatment. Hoping that we don’t have to do that as the Dr indicated a potential 5 month wait for the procedure that’s needed.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2023, 10:09:54 am by fowlerisgod4eva »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: July 3, 2023, 08:57:48 pm »
Ah sorry to hear that. Always available for a PM if you want to chat!

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #155 on: July 3, 2023, 10:54:21 pm »
Hey all,  had our first run at IVF, all the injections etc seemed to go ok and the Mrs didn’t have too much of a reaction to them (emotionally). We only managed 3 eggs, 2 fertilised, 1 was deeemd appropriate for implantation. Waited 2 weeks as instructed and then had a positive pregnancy test. Within a day of that bleeding started and was heavy and we knew we would no longer be positive. Had to wait a little while for that to be confirmed though which was tough going.
Had our follow up appt last week and looking to start another try, although will now be at our expense with only one cycle funded via the NHS. Think we are going to try this one as normal as the dosage can go up to 450 from 300 (max they said could be given on NHS), so hopefully this will help to gain more eggs for us.
Last week or so has been tough for sure, especially for the Mrs I think due to the egg situation last time. Onwards and upwards we go to try again!

Although we may have a wait on our hands, we have received a letter this morning around something the Mrs needs seeing to, which they have recommended is done prior to our next attempt even though they have said it had zero impact on the treatment. Hoping that we don’t have to do that as the Dr indicated a potential 5 month wait for the procedure that’s needed.
Yeah I'm really sorry to hear that too mate. Our first round of IVF didn't yield enough eggs so I know what that feeling is like.

Its such a very difficult situation to navigate. Like G, always around for a pm if you want.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline fowlerisgod4eva

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #156 on: July 7, 2023, 01:45:26 pm »
Thanks all, appreciate just being able to type it out I guess as an outlet. Thanks for the offer of support if needed.

We have had confirmed we don’t need to have the minor procedure done prior to starting our 2nd round, so initial appt Monday to get started again!

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #157 on: July 8, 2023, 10:20:19 am »
That's very much the way I felt with it too. Just nice to have an outlet, especially if you don't feel comfortable talking about it in person.

Absolute the best of luck with it. Keep us updated!
"Salahs in here......"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: July 8, 2023, 05:27:49 pm »
Yeah good luck with it.

Offline Rahul21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #159 on: July 9, 2023, 01:43:48 am »
The very best of luck mate.