Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1048967 times)

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #13320 on: March 17, 2017, 07:44:13 pm »
Which is the best wifi dongle to get for my computer? So frustrating as the signal keeps cutting out yet when I go on my phone it's working perfectly.

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #13321 on: March 17, 2017, 09:25:41 pm »
Personally I would get a powerline adapter if you've got a desktop PC or a laptop which doesn't move around much. They're relatively inexpensive and work an absolute charm. I have found the wifi dongles to be generally piss poor and susceptible to interference if you are a floor or more away from them. We have the BT powerline adapters and I think a pair was £30.
Nice one I'll try that and see how it goes

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #13322 on: March 17, 2017, 11:58:36 pm »
Bear in mind that to work properly, they need to go into a direct power source - I.e. straight into the wall - as opposed to on an extension strip.

Absolute game changer for us - we were totally hampered by the thick, dense walls in our old cottage and our office couldn't get a peep of signal. Despite having ethernet installed during our rewire, we never use them now and just use the powerlines as you can put them anywhere with a socket.

Make sure you get a passthrough adapter. Otherwise you run out of power sockets.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #13323 on: March 18, 2017, 12:27:59 am »
In anticipation of anyone asking, it's actually mauve.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #13324 on: March 18, 2017, 11:00:55 am »
Thanks.
I turn 25 in September so if I had to cancel the policy and get another it knocks a substantial amount off.
Do you know if where you are in Liverpool affects the price? I.e is L1 dearer than L3 etc.
Put down that your car is parked on the street, not on a drive or in a garage, and it knocks a few quid off the price.
The reasoning is that on a drive, or in a garage, marks your car as something special, and more of a target.
Another trick to get the price down is to have a named driver on the policy.
The reasoning behind this is that the more people that drive the car, the less time you spend driving it.
I've done both and while not saving a fortune, about £30, I prefer it to be in my pocket rather than anybody elses  :)
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #13325 on: April 3, 2017, 04:34:24 am »
Is my avatar an issue? I've had it for about six months with no complaint.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13326 on: April 3, 2017, 10:00:12 am »
Is my avatar an issue? I've had it for about six months with no complaint.

Yes its an issue with me

I much prefer Ted Bundy

:)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13327 on: April 3, 2017, 10:47:44 am »
Yes its an issue with me

I much prefer Ted Bundy

:)
;D

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13328 on: April 3, 2017, 10:48:37 am »
I didn't even know who it was until someone pointed it out the other day.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13329 on: April 3, 2017, 11:06:16 am »
I didn't even know who it was until someone pointed it out the other day.

Your fine with Gacy, Bundy, Sutcliffe, Dahmer etc

I wouldn't recommend changing your avatar to Sgt Blackman (Marine A) though.  He's the devil incarnate to some.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #13330 on: April 4, 2017, 07:43:07 pm »
I was thinking of a cat as a companion.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13331 on: April 4, 2017, 08:01:05 pm »
Knowing you, a companion to what?   Roast potatoes, carrots and peas?

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #13332 on: April 4, 2017, 08:33:07 pm »

If cats aren't utter c*nts, they're doing a very good impression.

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13333 on: April 4, 2017, 08:45:34 pm »

Do explain
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #13334 on: April 4, 2017, 08:52:23 pm »
You can't fuck a cat carl...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #13335 on: April 4, 2017, 09:36:28 pm »

I'm not a cat fan. I think they have no regard for anyone but themselves.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #13336 on: April 4, 2017, 10:11:24 pm »

I refer you to your comments on page 263 of the things that annoy you thread......
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13337 on: April 5, 2017, 08:11:45 am »
People can change.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13338 on: April 6, 2017, 11:38:42 am »
Has anyone read Living on the volcano?

Worth a read? What do you think?
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13339 on: April 9, 2017, 10:31:11 am »
I posted theintro to my book on here. My hard drive died so i lost it. Its on here somewhere. Can someone help me loctate
It.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #13340 on: April 9, 2017, 10:36:46 am »
Does anyone know if the top the boss is wearing is available to buy anywhere? I've checked online but can't find it. Thanks.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #13341 on: April 9, 2017, 10:37:53 am »
My gas meter is at least 25 years old and on the blink I think. Am I right in thinking it's going to be my expense to fix?
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13342 on: April 9, 2017, 06:31:51 pm »
Is it normal for the trees to be bare of leaves at this time of year? Seems to me like they are late coming out this year?

Seems like I was right and it was late, leaves have been appearing on the trees for a couple of weeks now.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #13343 on: April 9, 2017, 08:26:16 pm »
My gas meter is at least 25 years old and on the blink I think. Am I right in thinking it's going to be my expense to fix?

Smart meter upgrade should be free.

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #13344 on: April 9, 2017, 08:38:01 pm »
Seems like I was right and it was late, leaves have been appearing on the trees for a couple of weeks now.
Could be that they are early this year.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13345 on: April 9, 2017, 08:40:34 pm »

As SP said, the upgrades are free. https://www.smartenergygb.org/en/how-to-get-a-smart-meter/who-can-get-a-smart-meter/homeowners

It could be a safety issue depending on what is at fault, so get onto your supplier tonight or tomorrow
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #13346 on: April 10, 2017, 04:51:36 pm »
What is a healthy lunch that does not take too long to prepare or is too big to store in the fridge at work....cant afford to eat out every lunch either

by healthy I mean for somebody who is trying to get lean, gym 3 times a week nothing too intense, bit of strength/cardio....but the lunch needs to fill me up until dins, without the need for snacking constantly!!

probably best to have multiple smaller meals I know but not an option. At the moment I do chicken/turkey in a sandwich or some kind of salad with a meat....need more than that tho

AND/OR

healthy snack ideas that can taste good and aren't too shit for you? apart from nuts
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #13347 on: April 10, 2017, 08:49:42 pm »
What is a healthy lunch that does not take too long to prepare or is too big to store in the fridge at work....cant afford to eat out every lunch either

by healthy I mean for somebody who is trying to get lean, gym 3 times a week nothing too intense, bit of strength/cardio....but the lunch needs to fill me up until dins, without the need for snacking constantly!!

probably best to have multiple smaller meals I know but not an option. At the moment I do chicken/turkey in a sandwich or some kind of salad with a meat....need more than that tho

AND/OR

healthy snack ideas that can taste good and aren't too shit for you? apart from nuts

Pasta, rice, baked potato, easy on the mayo
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #13348 on: April 11, 2017, 10:34:24 am »
cheers and cheers

All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13349 on: April 11, 2017, 10:38:08 am »
You want to look at a wholewheat carb (can buy these in ready made packs, usually flavoured nicely already), plenty of veg (buy frozen stuff as you can quickly make a wide variety without waste), then add a protein to it - so meat, fish, etc.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #13350 on: April 11, 2017, 11:03:51 am »
What do people know about sub-letting?  How often is this allowed or is this more something that just differs on a case-by-case basis?

Looking to rent a place at the moment but I've lived alone a few years so acquired quite a bit of stuff - reckon I'd be better getting myself in somewhere and letting out a room or two.

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13351 on: April 11, 2017, 11:44:16 am »
What do people know about sub-letting?  How often is this allowed or is this more something that just differs on a case-by-case basis?

Looking to rent a place at the moment but I've lived alone a few years so acquired quite a bit of stuff - reckon I'd be better getting myself in somewhere and letting out a room or two.
It all depends on the lease of the place you are getting
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13352 on: April 13, 2017, 11:03:57 am »
Does anyone know where this picture is from. Someone said it was en route Istanbul.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #13353 on: April 13, 2017, 11:47:12 am »

34 is the prefix for Istanbul, so yes, quite likely.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #13354 on: April 13, 2017, 12:31:15 pm »
Does anyone know where this picture is from. Someone said it was en route Istanbul.

Is that a young scouser4eva there hanging out the window? ;D
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13355 on: April 13, 2017, 08:31:40 pm »

Yeah, it looks like the final approach to the Ataturk stadium.
There was a big queue of traffic (mainly taxis), as all the liverpool fans were funneled into one duel carriageway for the last mile or so.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13356 on: April 13, 2017, 08:32:55 pm »
Yeah that was def the final approach. We ended up jumping out and walking across that waste land type thing to the stadium.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13357 on: April 13, 2017, 08:42:14 pm »
Wow i need to find a thread with some Istanbul travel stories. Was only a kid, be fascinating to hear them.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13358 on: April 13, 2017, 08:56:25 pm »
Wow i need to find a thread with some Istanbul travel stories. Was only a kid, be fascinating to hear them.

You'll find a few if you search titles in the LFC forum for Istanbul. I can;t link to the search results.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #13359 on: April 18, 2017, 03:28:50 am »
Why are all the seas salty

And why are all the seas salty with all the fresh water rivers and rain going into them?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 03:32:55 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.