Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1048933 times)

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #13160 on: December 4, 2016, 12:50:32 pm »
Probably off topic a little.

Ive had my kitchen changed and its gone quite well. Had the final bill from the company and theyve put on a surcharge of £500 for putting up tiles and levelling the floorboards. When we asked about these issues before the guy said "dont worry we'll sort it" and "its ok we will throw the tiles up".

We had given email approval to pay more for handles and to install a windpost so those extra costs are fine. What I was wondering is whether he can charge as unspecified and unlimited amount without telling me before that he was going to do so, and after insinuating it was included in our package cost?

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #13161 on: December 5, 2016, 11:36:15 am »
Why are clementines/mandarins now coming in small cardboard boxes? :/

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13162 on: December 5, 2016, 12:55:59 pm »

Because big ones would be a waste of space.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13163 on: December 5, 2016, 09:40:17 pm »

Easier to peel open than a bag?  ;)

Actually, probably because cardboard is more recyclable.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #13164 on: December 5, 2016, 09:44:42 pm »
Does anyone know a company who'd service a Kingspan Aeromax heating system?

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13165 on: December 6, 2016, 11:36:10 am »
Was looking at Sakho and the fat burner stuff. Got me thinking off topic.

I'm sure when a lot of players come to the Premier League they're told to bulk up, to cope with it's physicality.

Who in our case? I'm sure Lucas and Garcia had to bulk up a while they were here. I'm sure it was one of the Spanish lads, just can't think off the top of my head.

Rafa studied the body at University, so he definitely would of known how to.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #13166 on: December 6, 2016, 11:39:20 am »
Does anyone know a company who'd service a Kingspan Aeromax heating system?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13167 on: December 7, 2016, 08:06:55 pm »
On behalf of Chopper, given the new guidelines issued today regarding bird flu, where should he keep his chickens and pigeons now  :-\

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #13168 on: December 7, 2016, 08:42:15 pm »
That is very true. Thank you John for your kind words.

I'll see you on the Koop.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13169 on: December 17, 2016, 10:57:12 pm »
My home doesn't feel like home. I share an apartment with a girl I met in college last year, we were both looking for a place and got along well so moved in about 4 months ago.

I generally like my quiet time and she's much more social, so I'm generally in my room by my choice. She quit her job, and is now almost always home, and always in our living room. The only time I have the place to myself is right before I go to work for a few minutes.

I get off around 3pm, if I dont have other plans I come home, and like clockwork she is sleeping on the couch. I tiptoe past her, and recluse into my room. I then go to my part time job at 6, sometimes she's awake by then. By the time I get home around 10, she's generally studying listening to music in the living room, so I go back to my room. I'm also in school and take the same amount of classes as her, but study in my room.

If she's not studying or sleeping, she usually has some guy over for a few hours a few times a week when I'm home. Trying to be more social with them, I went and studied in the living room, and during the hour I was out there she was straddling this guy, they were making out, it was incredibly uncomfortable.

I didn't realize this before moving in, but she smokes pot. Not a big deal, I don't, but it doesn't bother me. But the place absolutely reeks of it more often than not.

Any suggestions on confronting someone essentially explaining that every aspect of their lifestyle is bothersome while still 8 months left on our lease? Would prefer to keep in good terms. Also maybe I just need to lighten up and just accept we have different lifestyles, she is a friend but more so just wanted someone I knew to split living costs with. I'm 29 and she's 5 years younger than me.
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Online Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #13170 on: December 17, 2016, 11:05:57 pm »
Tell her you're madly in love with her and desperately  want to smash her back doors in. You won't see much of her after that.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline BRdispatch05

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13171 on: December 18, 2016, 04:44:36 am »
Anal and heroine. Thanks rawk!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13172 on: December 18, 2016, 01:36:58 pm »
Anal and heroine. Thanks rawk!

You just love the brown.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13173 on: December 20, 2016, 04:39:27 pm »
So I have a ground floor maisonette with a tennant in, bathroom ceiling seems to have a leak of some sort in the corner. Had someone check it and they believe it's from the upstairs lot and their bathroom which is directly above mine. Now I need to notify their landlord and get them to fix it but I cant force them and in such an event what are my options? Who will I complain to? Please no anal or heroin. Thank you.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #13174 on: December 20, 2016, 04:40:11 pm »
So I have a ground floor maisonette with a tennant in, bathroom ceiling seems to have a leak of some sort in the corner. Had someone check it and they believe it's from the upstairs lot and their bathroom which is directly above mine. Now I need to notify their landlord and get them to fix it but I cant force them and in such an event what are my options? Who will I complain to? Please no anal or heroin. Thank you.

I assume you have some sort of HOA there?

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13175 on: December 20, 2016, 05:17:28 pm »
I assume you have some sort of HOA there?
Yep there is, was thinking the local council can help but will look in to calling these guys.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #13176 on: December 20, 2016, 06:25:06 pm »
Yep there is, was thinking the local council can help but will look in to calling these guys.

Yeah girlfriend was in the same situation, call the HOA they will organize it.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #13177 on: December 20, 2016, 09:36:59 pm »
My home doesn't feel like home. I share an apartment with a girl I met in college last year, we were both looking for a place and got along well so moved in about 4 months ago.

I generally like my quiet time and she's much more social, so I'm generally in my room by my choice. She quit her job, and is now almost always home, and always in our living room. The only time I have the place to myself is right before I go to work for a few minutes.

I get off around 3pm, if I dont have other plans I come home, and like clockwork she is sleeping on the couch. I tiptoe past her, and recluse into my room. I then go to my part time job at 6, sometimes she's awake by then. By the time I get home around 10, she's generally studying listening to music in the living room, so I go back to my room. I'm also in school and take the same amount of classes as her, but study in my room.

If she's not studying or sleeping, she usually has some guy over for a few hours a few times a week when I'm home. Trying to be more social with them, I went and studied in the living room, and during the hour I was out there she was straddling this guy, they were making out, it was incredibly uncomfortable.

I didn't realize this before moving in, but she smokes pot. Not a big deal, I don't, but it doesn't bother me. But the place absolutely reeks of it more often than not.

Any suggestions on confronting someone essentially explaining that every aspect of their lifestyle is bothersome while still 8 months left on our lease? Would prefer to keep in good terms. Also maybe I just need to lighten up and just accept we have different lifestyles, she is a friend but more so just wanted someone I knew to split living costs with. I'm 29 and she's 5 years younger than me.

I had a similar problem mate. Signed a one year lease with a woman I worked with as she'd just split from her psychotic boyfriend and I'd just split from my girlfriend. We knew each other pretty well so I figured it would all be sound. One month later she got back with said b/f. The next eleven months was pure hell. In the end, I just chalked it up to experience. I've never shared with anyone since. Like you I don't go out much, so the money I save I spend on a place of my own.

Here are some suggestions:

Put up with like I did and be extra careful next time. Laying out ground rules before you move in together.

If she doesn't use her bedroom could you suggest she has the living room to herself and you take hers as your living area?

You know better than me about this one. If you tackle her about the smell of pot, is she likely to go off on one or will she be reasonable about it? As the UK still clings to its archaic drug laws you have to consider the possibility that someone else may smell it and report you to the authorities. If that happened, you might be considered to be in violation of your lease and evicted without the return of your deposit. Yeah it's unlikely, but it's a possible way of asking her to tone it down a bit.

Just a few thoughts mate. Good luck.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline BRdispatch05

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13178 on: December 22, 2016, 01:00:45 am »
I had a similar problem mate. Signed a one year lease with a woman I worked with as she'd just split from her psychotic boyfriend and I'd just split from my girlfriend. We knew each other pretty well so I figured it would all be sound. One month later she got back with said b/f. The next eleven months was pure hell. In the end, I just chalked it up to experience. I've never shared with anyone since. Like you I don't go out much, so the money I save I spend on a place of my own.

Here are some suggestions:

Put up with like I did and be extra careful next time. Laying out ground rules before you move in together.

If she doesn't use her bedroom could you suggest she has the living room to herself and you take hers as your living area?

You know better than me about this one. If you tackle her about the smell of pot, is she likely to go off on one or will she be reasonable about it? As the UK still clings to its archaic drug laws you have to consider the possibility that someone else may smell it and report you to the authorities. If that happened, you might be considered to be in violation of your lease and evicted without the return of your deposit. Yeah it's unlikely, but it's a possible way of asking her to tone it down a bit.

Just a few thoughts mate. Good luck.
Appreciate the feedback, and suggestions. I did actually make a contract prior to us moving in, but didn't include things I didn't realize would be an issue. I addressed the pot tonight, but she initiated it. I'm going to sum up the past few days in two paragraphs, and I shit you not this is all real.

I got a text the day I wrote that post from her,  saying "I'm staying with a friend outside town. Lock all doors, John (not his real name) is psychotic. I'll explain later. Take care of yourself. Love you."... I was torn. On the one hand I was angry that I might have to deal with her psycho ex and maybe he is going to murder me... But I got the apartment to myself for two days! She came home two days later, and explained she was terrified of this guy,  didn't want to give details.

She went to yoga last night, didn't see her after and I spoke with her tonight.
"How was yoga?"
"Didn't go.. "
"Oh... Well for groceries we need-"
"I was with John"
"...The guy you were afraid he was going to murder you and made you leave town? "
" Yea... But he was very, very, sorry, and he got you a Christmas present!"
"Uh...not really comfortable with him in our apartment"
"Well he knows our landlord and can tell her our apartment smells like pot, so I don't want to upset him right now. Hes really not a bad guy"
" Well maybe we should not make it smell like pot then? "
" Yea, I'll keep it outside.... Also I made $400 today, John knows why. Also why I don't want to upset him. "
" Doing what? Why would that upset him?"
" Robert. "
" What? "
" He's into some really into some kinky stuff. I'm sore today. Meeting Sean tonight"

And that's how she disclosed to me that, in fact, she is a prostitute. I wondered how she paid rent without a job. Nice segue from the information that she planned to continue seeing this apparently crazy guy. Who by the way is now sitting on our couch.

Holy shit. I have 8 months left on my lease.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13179 on: January 3, 2017, 12:11:41 pm »
Alright folks. happy New Year.

I want to reinstall Windows 10 on a HP Lappy i have here but I don't have a W10 DVD

I want to create a bootable USB drive from a Windows 10 ISO I intend to download.

Can someone recommend free software or the best way to create a W10 bootable USB please?

cheers

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13180 on: January 3, 2017, 10:33:12 pm »
Cheers LFsea. It's my sisters laptop and she's dropped it round for me to sort out. Cheers for that :(

I Reckon it's got a virus as she's been running it without AV. It slow as fuck and seriously needs formatting and Windows reinstalling.

What's me best option mate?

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13181 on: January 3, 2017, 10:47:41 pm »
Yeah I will stick Windows 7 on it. She's just a casual user.

What's me best option for sticking  windows 7 on it?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #13182 on: January 3, 2017, 10:50:09 pm »
Glue
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13183 on: January 4, 2017, 08:18:20 am »
Has it got Win10 on it at the moment? It has a re-install feature build in. Just google re-install Windows 10. Did it myself recently for all my family's computers that got ill. ::)

....or just put a linux distro on it. :)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #13184 on: January 4, 2017, 07:02:16 pm »
Rufus is great free tool for making bootable USBs:
https://rufus.akeo.ie/

Alternatively MS have a tool of their own:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

You can download a W7 iso direct from MS if you have a valid product key.  Last time I looked there was some issue with the English 64-bit W7 Pro version - only offered in French or Korean!  Its been broken for years but other version seem to be OK:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows7

As it has ben said there are plenty of guides for these tools but one thing you might find with installing W7 from a USB is that it happens much more rapidly, particularly if you are installing to an SSD.  This means that you need to pull the USB before the final reboot otherwise it will attempt to re-install all over again!

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13185 on: January 6, 2017, 11:47:30 am »
OK heres a question.

We live in a Victorian terrace. We have an alleyway out back, where our bins live. This is shared by ours and the adjacent street. We had some garden waste that we couldn't fit in the general waste bin, and we don't have a green bin collection. Today we got a notice through the door about fly tipping being illegal, and noticed the alleyway had been emptied. It wasn't just us that had rubbish out there, other houses did too. It wasn't particularly bad, just a bush and a broken piece of garden chair. We took our Christmas tree to the disposal places today and were planning a run to the tip after to get rid of this stuff, only the council have beaten us to it.

They stuck a note through everyones doors threatening fines and saying fly tipping is illegal, max fine of 50 grand and/or 5 years in jail!

I was just wondering what the chances are of them sending a fine through, does anyone have any experience with this? As far as I was concerned it wasn't fly tipping as it was right by our own fucking house, on a gated alleyway that only residents have keys to - therefore not public ground - and as I said, it was merely a 'holding area' while we got our shit together to take it to the tip - we have two young kids and its bloody hard to find any time when they're not with us, and therefore they'd be in the car rendering us unable to take stuff to the tip - today was literally the first day it has been possible. I'll be livid if we get fined over this.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #13186 on: January 6, 2017, 11:54:41 am »
Can't answer that exact question but it is laughable what they are doing about fly tipping. Our local council is putting out these notices too but there is only one tip anywhere near us and it opens from 8-3.30 every day. As most people are at work in the week and it's not open in the evening, it means that you end up queuing for anything up to an hour at the weekend to try and get in. If they don't want people dumping shit for a few days before they can get rid of it in the proper way then they should at least provide the services for people to do it!
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13187 on: January 6, 2017, 11:58:21 am »
Can't answer that exact question but it is laughable what they are doing about fly tipping. Our local council is putting out these notices too but there is only one tip anywhere near us and it opens from 8-3.30 every day. As most people are at work in the week and it's not open in the evening, it means that you end up queuing for anything up to an hour at the weekend to try and get in. If they don't want people dumping shit for a few days before they can get rid of it in the proper way then they should at least provide the services for people to do it!

Yeah exactly, its not fair on people if they genuinely don't have the opportunity to get rid of stuff - in our case it was all stuff that was there when we moved in that needed to be disposed of. It's all garden waste, we asked for a green bin, and they delivered it but won't collect from our address so it got full once and is gently decomposing.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13188 on: January 6, 2017, 01:50:29 pm »
Had the same note years ago, nothing ever came of it.

I think they say you have to keep all waste on your premises until 7am collection day - including keeping your bins in your yard. Obviously, noone ever does that.

To be fair there are quite a few lazy bastards in our street that just chuck everything out the back, unbagged nappies, fridges the lot, but the worst fly tipping happens in the green bits around town, and nothing is ever done about it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13189 on: January 6, 2017, 02:45:29 pm »

Feel for you buddy. Personally I would chalk it down to experience and try to find a new place, and someone to replace you in your current flat. Life is too short and it sounds like you are living with a bum. It's not good for your mind. Find a better place where you can be happy.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13190 on: January 6, 2017, 05:02:04 pm »
Had the same note years ago, nothing ever came of it.

That's good to hear. I can't be doing with a fine, I want a new bike ;D

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #13191 on: January 6, 2017, 05:04:39 pm »
I would guess that they are issuing blanket warnings so when they start issuing fines in a few weeks time, they can claim that every one was warned.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13192 on: January 6, 2017, 05:05:46 pm »
I would guess that they are issuing blanket warnings so when they start issuing fines in a few weeks time, they can claim that every one was warned.

I'll be keeping my back alley clean from now on ;D

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #13193 on: January 6, 2017, 05:34:22 pm »
I'll be keeping my back alley clean from now on ;D

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #13194 on: January 6, 2017, 06:24:03 pm »
[snip]

Oh man you literally moved in with a crack whore. That's rough.

There's no harm in looking for someone to take over your tenancy on craigslist and local noticeboards etc?

OK heres a question.

How would they prove you put the stuff there? I wouldn't worry.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13195 on: January 12, 2017, 02:29:49 pm »
Why are application forms so shit? I fucking hate them
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13196 on: January 12, 2017, 02:37:28 pm »
What are you applying for?

A promotion in my job. I'm an AO in Child Maintenance Service. I'm applying for EO2, which is a line manager basically. Applied for it a few weeks ago but my application (and whoever else went for it) was so shit that they've advertised it again  :D

I'm fully equipped for the role, and more suitable than most of the ones already doing it. I've done the role on numerous occasions when my line manager has been sick/on leave/left and waiting on a new manager being appointed, but because I can't answer the questions on the form as good as some people, they get promoted before I do.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 02:39:59 pm by Brnylfc »

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13197 on: January 12, 2017, 02:54:55 pm »
I'll write it for you if you like. Can't guarantee it won't be full of tales of Dragons, Knights, Yetis and other such lore. It will be a gripping read though.

Haha. When I first applied, I got the application forms of 2 people. 1 that was in the role, and one that is currently in the role. Took parts of their forms and reworded them to my own. Sent it off to a Grade 7 (about 5 promotions above us) who suggested edits and pointers. Still failed  ;D

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13198 on: January 12, 2017, 03:02:45 pm »
You seem to write fine. What is it that you struggle on with these things? Expression, brevity?

Having had feedback earlier today, it seems the issue is simply not answering the question. One of them - Please demonstrate your experience of effectively managing resources in a Child Maintenance operational environment.
I thought I answered it pretty well. My own line manager thought it was a good answer. I scored 3 out of 10 for it.

It's exactly the same application form that has been sent out. Having applied and had feedback, I suppose I've got a slight advantage on the rest second time round.

Funnily enough, on the 2 application forms I got of the other 2 lads, there was only 4 questions. This one there were 5. The fifth question was the only one that had no comments from the panel. SO maybe I should fuck theirs off and do the whole thing myself from scratch  :D

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13199 on: January 12, 2017, 03:19:43 pm »
If you're struggling for expression perhaps lay out your answer in the form of a timeline. You're applying for a job within Child Maintenance not for the Poet Laureate. These people want to see facts and reason.

Something like:

April 2015: First given responsibility for X, Y & Z
June 2015: First periodic review with senior management. Comments were overwhelmingly positive regarding my immediate impact on the department.
End of September 2015: Reduced Overtime payments by £14,000 in first 6 months of tenure by efficient and careful management of staff rotas.
December 2015: As Part of a team of 3, we oversaw the opening of 3 new outreach centres in A, B & C. Recent demonstrable feedback has confirmed the benefits these centres have brought to the communities that use them and reduced staff fuel consumption by £12,900 p/a

Pretty much what he said in the feedback. With my answers, that would all be great if I was speaking to a manager about the job and roles I've held just over a cup of tea. But it's not what the application form is asking for.