Author Topic: Man City 3-0 Liverpool: Full time......  (Read 49103 times)

Offline Forman

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man City 3-0 Liverpool: Full time......
« Reply #720 on: January 4, 2012, 01:12:19 am »
Sorry, I'm just tired of hearing the same old. Aquilani is not the answer to what ails this squad, he never was and he never will be. As to your Meireles example, he didn't want to be Liverpool either. I understand that we could use something, but what we don't need are players who don't want to be Red.

I agree with what you are saying regarding them both not wanting to play for the club. It's good to know that Kenny is building a team around players who want to play for their shirt. I just feel that we have let go of two technically gifted players and that has weakened our midfield this season.

Whether in January or in the summer, I hope that we bring in players of that calibre again who actually want to play for the club!

Offline LiverPete

• Kemlynite
« Reply #721 on: January 4, 2012, 01:12:32 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DOPyNockOI
This was 5 years ago. Nice but still 5 years ago. Trade him for Vorm..

Offline Heighwayondawing

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on The Reds
« Reply #722 on: January 4, 2012, 01:13:57 am »
The bottom line is it is clear we have let some clearly technical players leave and purchased less technical players in there place. and we are suffering.

The "bottom line" is that Kenny Dalglish is NOT going to play the "Please stay and I'll give you the keys to the city" game with any self important prima donna. He sold Fernando Torres. Get it? If these wonderful "technical players" care only for money and nothing for Liverpool Football Club, they have no place, nor should they. The Liverpool Way means something to the current manager and everyone crying over want aways being allowed to go should realize it. This is the club we support, when they are great or when they are crap and I would rather have players who want to be in the club any day, even if it means we continue to wait for silverware.
The one most important thing that we all must remember, in case it slipped our mind, is this club is much more important and bigger than anybody. I'll never forget that and anybody that does is being a wee bit irresponsible and stupid I think because the club is more important than any one individual. The Club is, The Club.

Offline Forman

• Main Stander
« Reply #723 on: January 4, 2012, 01:14:10 am »
The bottom line is it is clear we have let some clearly technical players leave and purchased less technical players in there place. and we are suffering.

Just read this post after commenting myself. Couldn't agree more with that.

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #724 on: January 4, 2012, 01:14:25 am »
players come and players go. We don't live or die on one game and if anyhthing this game (not result) was about where we are going.

Hands up who thinks city with all their millions will get anyother games like this home and away we've given this season?......chelsea, perhaps?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #725 on: January 4, 2012, 01:14:34 am »

After the loyalty Pepe has shown us, he deserves our support during this, ahem, "blip".
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Carra23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #726 on: January 4, 2012, 01:15:13 am »

Bollocks to that.
Sent from my laptop using my fingers to type

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: January 4, 2012, 01:17:29 am »
Trade for Vorm? haha lmao cant be serious? im defo being trolled.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: January 4, 2012, 01:18:02 am »
thought we did ok today personally. toughest place to go nowadays. had 2 good chances first half and maybe could have got something if it wouldnt have been for kompany having a great game. losing via a set piece, a penalty and a rare error is hard to swallow but its out the way now and we can think about the next one.
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline IrishRed1992

• Main Stander
« Reply #729 on: January 4, 2012, 01:18:21 am »
The majority of people on here that call yourselfs Liverpool supporters need to stop being moany little twats and look at the positives. We played the team at the top and controlled possession of the game. We are only 3 points off 4th. Some of you come on here to moan but are no where to be seen when we win. Get behind the team and if you're not gonna do that then piss off and go support the plastics or City.

Offline RedinExile

• credulous ingratiating simpleton
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: January 4, 2012, 01:19:00 am »
The "bottom line" is that Kenny Dalglish is NOT going to play the "Please stay and I'll give you the keys to the city" game with any self important prima donna. He sold Fernando Torres. Get it? If these wonderful "technical players" care only for money and nothing for Liverpool Football Club, they have no place, nor should they. The Liverpool Way means something to the current manager and everyone crying over want aways being allowed to go should realize it. This is the club we support, when they are great or when they are crap and I would rather have players who want to be in the club any day, even if it means we continue to wait for silverware.
If the player wants away because he isn't getting played, what's your take on that situation?
There are always more fortresses to torch.

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #731 on: January 4, 2012, 01:19:21 am »

Technically, we still have 2 good technical players out on loan... And I don't mean the one who's better than Messi...

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #732 on: January 4, 2012, 01:20:04 am »
wow o wow people doubting pepe now. I hate our supporters, fan base, erm whatever it is you call yourselves because to me you arent part of the aforementioned groups.

Offline Cooper-Man

• Anny Roader
« Reply #733 on: January 4, 2012, 01:21:10 am »
Im sick of everyone raiving on about Adam, he is a mid table club player and doesnt deserve to be in the starting team. He lacks energy. His long runs always go two steps too far and he doesnt create SHIT from set pieces. All other midfielders are going to town on his defence cause he just stands there and watches. Yeah he has scored some goals, but how many of them have been deflections.

We made some mistakes in the transfer window and its starting to show. We will challenge the top 4 purely because of gunners and blues team issues.

I previously stated that I was impressed by his improvement, but I was WRONG.

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #734 on: January 4, 2012, 01:21:27 am »
The majority of people on here that call yourselfs Liverpool supporters need to stop being moany little twats and look at the positives. We played the team at the top and controlled possession of the game. We are only 3 points off 4th. Some of you come on here to moan but are no where to be seen when we win. Get behind the team and if you're not gonna do that then piss off and go support the plastics or City.
I second this. Summed up my feelings. We ate not in an awful position like some people seem to suggest

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #735 on: January 4, 2012, 01:21:30 am »
Downing really needs to learn how to hit things first time, thats shots and crosses

Offline Cooper-Man

• Anny Roader
« Reply #736 on: January 4, 2012, 01:22:16 am »

We LOST.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #737 on: January 4, 2012, 01:23:39 am »
Would anyone think lowly of me if I said that the last 20 odd months have been a glaring indication that Rafa's sacking was probably one of the single most inept decisions ever taken by any Liverpool board in the history of the club? I'm not trying to cause any divisiveness here, nor am I intimating that I have any lack of faith in Kenny of any sort, because I honestly do. I love him, and I'm 110% behind his appointment, and his leadership going into the future

I guess what I'm trying to say is, Rafa's sacking was one which was grossly premature. He deserved a season to put things right after a poor showing in 09/10. Afterall, he had taken us to within a whisker of the title the year previous. 1 bad season in which we had incurred numerous injuries, plus other contributory factors, yet we fucked him off in an absolutely shameful manner ? Bad bad move IMO. The "ultimate vision" may have been knocked of course, but it was hardly ship wrecked. Hodgson took on a squad (that admittedly was under performing) and turned it into one which resembled a side completely defunct and devoid any of any attacking impetus or confidence.

I look at our current squad and can't help but think that it resembles one which was once functional, yet chipped and cracked under Rafa (although within repair had he been trusted) to one which was demolished to its core in terms of confidence (under Hodgson) to one that is now so far removed from Rafa's initial grand plan that it will probably take Kenny 3 to 4 years to rectify it and return it to a resemblance of what it was in 09. You see, Kenny isn't actually the problem right now IMO. Kenny is simply picking up the broken pieces left over by the gross mismanagement of our previous board.

I saw a lot of posts on here tonight knocking Kenny's team selection and signings. I also saw a lot of posts declaring that we're "light years" away from challenging for major honours. It's only 4 and a half short years ago we were taking aim at our 6th European cup, and only 3 short years ago that we came within a gee hair of our 19th title. But like it or not, the guy who was trying to put in place a platform with which to allow us to challenge for future honours got ousted due to board mismanagement. Alas he's gone. And like I said, I'm 110% behind Kenny. But you know, if you up root a tree in mid growth, sometimes you've got got to replant it and wait for it to re-flourish, which is where we're pretty much at right now.
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline aggerdid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: January 4, 2012, 01:24:28 am »
our possession stats today were unbelievable. 64-36 to us and in the second half it was 73-27 to us.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #739 on: January 4, 2012, 01:24:39 am »
Technically, we still have 2 good technical players out on loan... And I don't mean the one who's better than Messi...

Pacheco?

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #740 on: January 4, 2012, 01:25:09 am »
We LOST.
no shit sherlock! He just saying people are bitching like were relegation material! I agree with him to many c*nts support this team now who bitch and dont know how to support the club. Fucking pathetic!

Offline Molealdinho_LK

• Anny Roader
  • Killing threads and wrecking heads!
« Reply #741 on: January 4, 2012, 01:26:51 am »
Awful lot of people on this thread would want to go away and realise just what this club means. Nothing but pure short sightedness, we've been around more then a hundred years and will still be around for a hundred more. We're a club built on respect and values not on success, plenty of other clubs have success, it doesn't mean I envy them beacause most of them are shit clubs. Liverpool could be  in the blue square premier for all I care, i'd still support them regardless. We are a club moving forward not backwards so give over complaining about every blip on the road to where we want to be, cause eventually we will get there.

Offline LiverPete

• Kemlynite
« Reply #742 on: January 4, 2012, 01:28:28 am »
Trade for Vorm? haha lmao cant be serious? im defo being trolled.
Dutch keepers seem to last longer than "normal" ones... I love Pepe dearly but he's not as solid as he used to be and not saving penalties anymore, which is one reason I started to love him in the first place...

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #743 on: January 4, 2012, 01:29:05 am »
no shit sherlock! He just saying people are bitching like were relegation material! I agree with him to many c*nts support this team now who bitch and dont know how to support the club. Fucking pathetic!

Agree to a certain extent. But it's not often we loose by 3 goals, regardless of how well we played. Probably best to draw a line under it safe in the knowledge that of the big clubs we only have to go to Old Trafford in the remainder of this season.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.

Offline FernandoTourettes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #744 on: January 4, 2012, 01:31:49 am »
Agree to a certain extent. But it's not often we loose by 3 goals, regardless of how well we played. Probably best to draw a line under it safe in the knowledge that of the big clubs we only have to go to Old Trafford in the remainder of this season.
The silver lining to that is we will have a rested Suarez back and hopefully, fully fit Gerrard. I'm looking forward to that game already.

Offline AULD-OLDIE

• Anny Roader
  • Quiza-un-dia
« Reply #745 on: January 4, 2012, 01:32:32 am »
Overall a good team performance; we didn't help ourselves due to our glaring mistakes:- Kuyts misplaced pass led to their first goal which normally Pepe would have saved; Set-piece for the second - even Carroll would have been "brushed off" the man-mountain Yaya Toure (who Manchester City will surely miss during African Cup duty); Penalty for the third - maybe a cynical "professional" foul would have been in order, before reaching the penalty area.
Possible reason for "Rushie" to assist in the training of Carroll i.e.movement in the box and being the teams first part of defence.
Truth - 12.09.2012.
Now for JUSTICE !

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #746 on: January 4, 2012, 01:34:05 am »
Dutch keepers seem to last longer than "normal" ones... I love Pepe dearly but he's not as solid as he used to be and not saving penalties anymore, which is one reason I started to love him in the first place...
No offence mate but thats a right old load of bollocks. pepe is by far the best keeper in the country.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #747 on: January 4, 2012, 01:34:10 am »
Pepe fucked up today and it changed the entire game but if there are people who are seriously questioning him because of that 1 mistake than I can only weep.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline aerorossi29

• Anny Roader
« Reply #748 on: January 4, 2012, 01:34:57 am »
our possession stats today were unbelievable. 64-36 to us and in the second half it was 73-27 to us.

where did you get them stats? i dunno, but doubt we had 64% of total possession, more like 50-50 to me but i stand corrected.

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #749 on: January 4, 2012, 01:36:48 am »
Pepe fucked up today and it changed the entire game but if there are people who are seriously questioning him because of that 1 mistake than I can only weep.
Football fans. so fickle its untrue.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline aerorossi29

• Anny Roader
« Reply #750 on: January 4, 2012, 01:37:15 am »

the past few years proves that we dont do too badly against the so called big clubs, its the stokes, wigans, fulhams etc that we have struggled with in that same time period.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #751 on: January 4, 2012, 01:39:08 am »
the past few years proves that we dont do too badly against the so called big clubs, its the stokes, wigans, fulhams etc that we have struggled with in that same time period.

Fair point mate. But if we make a couple of signings in January then I think the fixture list gives us a big advantage over our rivals for 4th.

Offline aggerdid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #752 on: January 4, 2012, 01:40:50 am »
where did you get them stats? i dunno, but doubt we had 64% of total possession, more like 50-50 to me but i stand corrected.
sky

Offline Nugget-8

• Main Stander
  • Lucas does jobs.
Man City 3-0 Liverpool: Full time......
« Reply #753 on: January 4, 2012, 01:41:00 am »
No offence mate but thats a right old load of bollocks. pepe is by far the best keeper in the country.

Easily.

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #754 on: January 4, 2012, 01:41:49 am »
Pacheco?

And the Italian guy who's name cannot be mentioned...

I don't mind having him back especially. The reason why he was allowed to go on a ridiculously cheap loan/deal, was because he won't be able to get enough games here...

At the moment, he might be a good alternative to Adam and when Gerrard is really back, Gerrard can take over one of the wings, which are still our weak spots...

I don't buy the "he wants to leave" crap. Gerrard wanted to leave, still here, and one of our best players. Modric too, and even if such players do leave at the end of the season, at least they'll still contribute, either just to prove a point or to showcase themselves to other clubs (a la Alonso)...

Offline FernandoTourettes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #755 on: January 4, 2012, 01:42:01 am »
Would anyone think lowly of me if I said that the last 20 odd months have been a glaring indication that Rafa's sacking was probably one of the single most inept decisions ever taken by any Liverpool board in the history of the club? I'm not trying to cause any divisiveness here, nor am I intimating that I have any lack of faith in Kenny of any sort, because I honestly do. I love him, and I'm 110% behind his appointment, and his leadership going into the future

I guess what I'm trying to say is, Rafa's sacking was one which was grossly premature. He deserved a season to put things right after a poor showing in 09/10. Afterall, he had taken us to within a whisker of the title the year previous. 1 bad season in which we had incurred numerous injuries, plus other contributory factors, yet we fucked him off in an absolutely shameful manner ? Bad bad move IMO. The "ultimate vision" may have been knocked of course, but it was hardly ship wrecked. Hodgson took on a squad (that admittedly was under performing) and turned it into one which resembled a side completely defunct and devoid any of any attacking impetus or confidence.

I look at our current squad and can't help but think that it resembles one which was once functional, yet chipped and cracked under Rafa (although within repair had he been trusted) to one which was demolished to its core in terms of confidence (under Hodgson) to one that is now so far removed from Rafa's initial grand plan that it will probably take Kenny 3 to 4 years to rectify it and return it to a resemblance of what it was in 09. You see, Kenny isn't actually the problem right now IMO. Kenny is simply picking up the broken pieces left over by the gross mismanagement of our previous board.

I saw a lot of posts on here tonight knocking Kenny's team selection and signings. I also saw a lot of posts declaring that we're "light years" away from challenging for major honours. It's only 4 and a half short years ago we were taking aim at our 6th European cup, and only 3 short years ago that we came within a gee hair of our 19th title. But like it or not, the guy who was trying to put in place a platform with which to allow us to challenge for future honours got ousted due to board mismanagement. Alas he's gone. And like I said, I'm 110% behind Kenny. But you know, if you up root a tree in mid growth, sometimes you've got got to replant it and wait for it to re-flourish, which is where we're pretty much at right now.

Ooh. You went there :) I personally believe, that had Rafa outlasted the H&G era, we would certainly be a top 4 team as opposed to a top 6 team currently, for the reason that it was still his project/vision as you state. I think our current attack has more of a Houillier era feel to it then a Benitez one.

But alas, I agree with your point. Kenny is relatively early on in a transitional state. My concern (coupled with excitement ) is  wondering how long this state will continue for, particularly seeing the huge potential of the youngsters we have on our books now.

Offline Cooper-Man

• Anny Roader
« Reply #756 on: January 4, 2012, 01:42:22 am »

Everyone has a right to be PISSED OFF at some individual players. If some of our players pulled thier heads in and played to thier value and the strengths of which we bought them for we would be challenging for the title. And I mean that in all honesty. We should have won every game bar maybe this one and the spurs game. We have missed penalties, hit the woodwork and missed ONE ON ONE chances that past players or Stevie would have taken. I.E Downing today.

We bought Adam for his set pieces. Apart from the goal Suarez scored in he frist round, how many has he delivered that are worth talking about..................NONE.

Come on, lets all be honest.

Offline Ziggy09

• Kopite
  • No Retreat, No Surrender
    • KZFLP - Health & Skincare
« Reply #757 on: January 4, 2012, 01:42:34 am »
Should have scored through Downing and then that mistake by Pepe set us back massively. Rallied again quite well I thought, but to concede again from a corner was very poor. 2nd half never got going and then just when we could, the 3rd goal came.

Not worried about playing City though....yes they scored 3 but thats all they really did bar a shot or two...just defended very well against whatever we did. Am worried about our defence though, started to concede own goals and mistakes now.

Also worried that none of the new big money signings wanna "step up". Downing, Carroll, Adam and Henderson can and have shown they can perform at this level but they look gutless at the moment. It always falls back to Gerrard, Bellamy or Suarez to have to do something and take hold of the game. Sadly Kuyt is now coming to the end and Maxi is a bit hit and miss.

Maybe now with Luis out, Carroll will start the next 8 games....by the end of which we will have an idea of whether he is worth it or not. Play him upto with Maxi, Bellamy on the left, Downing on the right and Gerrard and Spearing in the middle. Rest Adam and Henderson.
Roll up you sleeves and start to dance boys, for happiness is rare in a poor man's life!

Dedication. Determination. Perfection.

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Most prickless poster ever
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: January 4, 2012, 01:44:00 am »
Wow after reading the past few pages I don't even want to post my thoughts on the game the amount of so called 'fans' on here calling for pepe's head etc. I actually cannot believe it. Its the same on Twitter thats just full of gobshites who just talk rubbish

Offline Xabinator

• Legacy Fan
  • We will go to Paris.....we may even go to France
« Reply #759 on: January 4, 2012, 01:44:41 am »
For what it's worth, my thoughts on the match and in general:

Quite obviously, Pepe was not great last night and has made the odd blunder this season. Certainly no reason for anyone to doubt him long term. I just long for the day an oppo keeper has a stinker against us!!

I think we have the best left side of defence in the league. Enrique is solid as fuck defensively and uses the ball so well moving forward, as does Agger. I thought that again, both of them were great last night despite the team conceding three.

Skrtel was probably due a bad one - if that can be said - he's been fantastic this season but was a little sloppy on occasions last night. Onwards and upwards.

Downing - infuriating, the amount of times he sprints to take a defender on yet almost every single time he stops, props and plays a short pass backwards. As a general rule we just don't put opponents to the sword enough. Bellamy did when he came on and just about every attack City launched involved their attackers....and the ball, moving forwards - surging, if you will. Back onto Downing, specifically, one has to wonder what may have occur afterwards, had he knocked his early chance in. Which he should have.

Kuyt - well he's been my favourite Red for 5-6 years now and he'll always be one of my favourite Reds but I think I've finally fallen into the 'putting Dirk out to pasture' barrel. I still think there are games that he has plenty to offer, but he's not looking like a cog that fits the machine at the moment. The thing that actually led me to believe this is that he was always getting himself into positions to score from rebounds, loose balls in the box and at the goal mouth - probably our best at it - but he's starting to lag behind even in this area at the moment. And as the saying goes, he won't get any younger from here.

Henderson - really, really like this kid and what he seems capable of becoming. Some of his passing has been outstanding the last few weeks, with Stevie's goal and the ball to Downing last night being obvious examples. Has a massive future with us and his determination to harass and chase ANY ball is a delight to watch.

The same goes for Jay in that regard. He's like a Jack Russell (not your old wicketkeeper!) the way he fights to win the ball. I don't know that he's got a big enough frame to really do a lot of damage for us, when you consider his size as opposed to midfielders like Yaya Toure. Just the difference between the way Yaya ran his own race last night, and the way he was stifled last time we played them shows this IMO. I don't remember us dispossessing him at any stage last night. Maybe unfair to compare Jay to Lucas in that sense though, seeing as Lucas is the best tackler in the league.

Bellamy - must start whenever he feels 100%. Gets the ball and runs at the opposition. He's forever asking questions of the opposition defence and we need 3-4, even 5 players in the 11 to be doing this when we attack and putting these defenders under pressure.

Big Andy - I think he is definitely worth persisting with but geez, he really needs to get himself into some better positions to score. His positional sense just seems all out of whack at the moment. When he does manage to get his head on the ball near goal of late, it's usually with him moving away from the goal, thus taking a lot of power off his shots. It's probably a mix of his positioning and the types of crosses coming in but whatever you put it down to, it ain't working at the moment. Bit of a baby giraffe with his footwork at the moment too!! Still, if one finds the net, it may just be the spark he needs. The one that hit the bar last week being the obvious example of what might have been.

Gutted we've let Luis' suspension stand. To be honest I don't know if it's the right or wrong thing to do but it's just depressing to think of the next 7 games without him terrifying opposition backlines.

And for all the shite results - this loss, the Spurs, Stoke, Fulham losses - plus the horrible draws to Norwich, Wigan, Blackburn, Swansea etc.......... we are 3 points of the CL places!! So much to play for and to be optimistic about looking forward.

Anyway, sorry if I've dribbled on - just my thoughts on the current state of affairs.

EDIT: missed one of my points...... regarding the surging forward and attacking the opposition defence. It was for that reason alone that Barry was dismissed.....Agger made a surging and obviously dangerous run with the ball, at which point Barry had to make a decision. Under pressure he made the wrong decision and off he went.
« Last Edit: January 4, 2012, 02:19:06 am by Xabinator »
"Sir, I may be an idiot but there is one thing that I am not - and that, sir, is an idiot" Peter Griffin