Author Topic: PL: Burnley & PGMOL 0 vs 2 Liverpool Nuñez 6’ Jota 90’  (Read 21521 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
PL: Burnley & PGMOL 0 vs 2 Liverpool Nuñez 6’ Jota 90’
« on: December 26, 2023, 03:36:51 pm »
Burnley v Liverpool
Premier League, Matchday 19
Tuesday 26th December 2023, 17:30, Turf Moor

Referee: Paul Tierney, Assistants: Marc Perry, Scott Ledger
Fourth official: Graham Scott, VAR: Simon Hooper, Assistant VAR: Nick Hopton

Merry Christmas you lovely people.  :wave
This year, on a very short turnaround after that exhausting match against Arsenal, Liverpool are playing on Boxing Day against drowning but battling Burnley - who look as destined to go down as any club I've ever seen (but we said the same about Everton and look how that turned out). So what can we expect?

Well, looking at Burnley paints very much a similar picture to what we might have seen before visiting Sheffield and Luton - with one major difference. I honestly do not see Burnley offering the same defensive resilience those two clubs demonstrated. Burnley seem to be a different prospect, attempting to play a more expansive brand of football and repeatedly getting punched in the mouth by more organised and quality filled teams in this division. Yet still they try and make no mistake about it - they  will carry threat if we  allow them room and time to operate. I wouldn't exactly say it's the same type of scenario we faced in previous two away games against newly promoted sides this season - but it does come with some perils. Most important one obviously being a holiday fixture - which will as always be rowdy and loud. It's the type of fixture that from our perspective cries out for establishing early control. Not necessarily fierce and aggressive opening that looks to crack them early - but high tempo control, one that will make their structure wobble. Maintaining pressure with good passing and movement is key here. They need to be made to work much harder than what we managed to do against Palace, Luton and Sheffield away. Those games were shaped by our relatively slow and uninventive passing from the back paired with fast, sloppy and nervous passing near the goal. Which basically meant we struggled to apply meaningful pressure for sustained periods of time. If there is one thing we should look to change, this is it for me. Snappy , focussed and brave from the back - get the ball up and keep it there, moving them around faster. Openings will come, if none are available then recycle rather that crossing aimlessly or taking wild shots.

For those, like me, who don't follow them closely - Burnley beat Fulham in their last outing, in a game that not only ended their miserable run of five straight away losses, but one in which they showed a lot of fight and effort. And this is what we need to be vary of, they are now home, festive and hostile atmosphere, after a good result. They will be more than up for it and we once again seem to be facing a lower end team as they hit the upwards trend and form curve. Which really means - do not fuck about and expect a fight. We cant be taking much for granted here, holiday fixtures always spit out a few wild results and I do hope we make this a calm, boring procession as much as possible. Give them something to hold on to and it will get nasty - fast. Not that we can't handle those scenarios, but really it would be great if didn't have to this one time. There is only so much room for anxiety in mince pie filled bellies after all.  :lickin

It will be curious to see who gets a run out for us, I do expect some changes, but not too many. It will be as strong as possible, with enough recovery time afterwards before Newcastle. The injuries are now pretty much determining some things, so Gomez is almost certainly playing left back until who knows when, probably the Winter break. Midfield might see Harvey get a start, I think it would be both deserved and desireable, with Endo and hopefully Jones alongside him. It's the attack that we can't really be certain about, especially the left side - which felt like a bit of a dead leg ever since Robbo got injured. Do we choose this game to try and inject some threat in there with Joe deputising in a half-comfortable position, or do we just play by numbers for a while longer and focus elsewhere? Not sure. I think it will be the relatively standard lineup of Diaz-Nunez and Salah, which really doesn't resolve anything on the left side. But we are where we are now - it's crunch time and we have to make do with what is available. Let's just come prepared to fight and just a bit more focussed than previous bottom team away games.

There we are.
Another Christmas.
Another year almost gone.

This new Liverpool looking good.
Let's end 2023 in style.  :wave

« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 07:21:48 pm by Jingle Bells Tepid Smells »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Burnley vs Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 04:44:29 pm »

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023, 04:45:59 pm »

W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2023, 05:31:21 pm »
0 underway at turf moor.  They start well drive into our area but we block the shot.
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2023, 05:33:14 pm »
It’s that useless bald Mancunian c*nt Tierney as ref.*

FFS

(* May not actually be Mancunian)
W

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2023, 05:34:02 pm »
*might as well be
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2023, 05:34:09 pm »
It’s that useless bald Mancunian c*nt Tierney as ref.*

FFS

(* May not actually be Mancunian)
Wigan, Greater Manchester so definitely an apt description for this one
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2023, 05:34:37 pm »
4 nice move by the reds, back heel by Gravenberch sets Harvey into space, he shoots from ththe edge of the area but the keeper parries well

Burnley break 4 vs 3 but shoot from over 20 yards out and it’s well wide. Poor option there
W

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2023, 05:35:42 pm »
Beautiful!

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2023, 05:35:55 pm »
5 0-1
Nuñez

Lovely play down the left by Gakpo, lays it back to Darwin on the edge of the area who stroked it past the keeper.

Finish that!
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2023, 05:37:15 pm »
5 0-1
Nuñez

Great stuff from both Gakpo & Nunez, determined battling, then a lovely placed calm finish

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2023, 05:37:41 pm »
Darwin scores some brilliant goals then misses some absolute sitters! Looking on fire today though

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Burnley 0 vs 1 Liverpool Nuñez 6’
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2023, 05:38:57 pm »
7 should be two!

Gravenberch into their area just scuffs his shot and the keeper saves.

Now Mo toe pokes one at goal and the keeper tips it over.

Corner, it’s cleared
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2023, 05:40:17 pm »
7 should be two!

Gravenberch into their area just scuffs his shot and the keeper saves.

Now Mo toe pokes one at goal and the keeper tips it over.

Corner, it’s cleared

Gravenberch just couldn't make his mind up what to do there, but he and the rest are looking sharp so far

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2023, 05:40:30 pm »
10 ball over the top, the Burnley defender is all at see and loses it.  Gakpo goes for the volley but it’s high wide and not very handsome

Another ball over the top and Gakpo just can’t keep it in.
Their right back having a really hard afternoon so far.
W

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2023, 05:41:17 pm »
Gakpo getting in behind loads so far

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2023, 05:42:19 pm »
12 shot from the edge of the box by Burnley, goes wide but it was close.  Alisson had it covered though
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2023, 05:42:37 pm »
Can i just say I'm thoroughly enjoying the lack of commentary on Amazon again

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2023, 05:44:40 pm »
Can i just say I'm thoroughly enjoying the lack of commentary on Amazon again
it's weird at first but had to switch that annoying woman off, she hates us

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2023, 05:45:21 pm »
14 corner to them.

Cleared
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2023, 05:46:38 pm »
Should have about 4 here. We better not let them back in here, we should be bolstering goal difference

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2023, 05:46:50 pm »
16 they give it to us in their area, we can’t put it away. God knows how
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2023, 05:47:27 pm »
W

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2023, 05:48:09 pm »
Should have about 4!!

that's a worry at the moment, we can't seem to score simple goals

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2023, 05:48:12 pm »
17 nunez out wide brushes off the defender, puts the cross in, but Gakpo can’t beat the defender.

Good that by nunez
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2023, 05:49:24 pm »
Travelling Reds in good voice as ever

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2023, 05:51:03 pm »
21 chances for us, Elliot then Gakpo. Real chances here.

Their keeper did well to be fair 
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2023, 05:54:15 pm »
Over to Duuva
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2023, 05:55:55 pm »
24 More patient build up with I don't know how many passes ends with a Gakpo cross being headed away - we need to be adding to our lead here

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2023, 05:58:47 pm »
Oh fuck off Tierney

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2023, 05:58:57 pm »
27 2-0 Gakpo - but disallowed for a foul back to 1-0 - over to VAR to back up Tierney - does Darwin even touch him?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2023, 05:59:45 pm »
I thought it was a foul in real time.

On the replay it looks much more generous a decision.  Hardly touched him. 
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2023, 06:00:32 pm »
29 FUCK OFF TIERNEY and YOU MANC BASTARD come the shouts from the travelling Reds

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2023, 06:02:39 pm »
27 2-0 Gakpo - but disallowed for a foul back to 1-0 - over to VAR to back up Tierney - does Darwin even touch him?
incredible that was disallowed

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2023, 06:03:34 pm »
29 FUCK OFF TIERNEY and YOU MANC BASTARD come the shouts from the travelling Reds
he just has to be the centre of attention

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2023, 06:04:00 pm »
33 Chances again around the edge of their box but ultimately no joy, then after a quick attack Mo smashes it against the cross bar

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2023, 06:05:24 pm »
Tierney keeping Burnley in this game

Tierney is biased and rubbish. Most reds are just rubbish
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2023, 06:05:29 pm »
34 I believe they're still yet to touch the ball in our box - but we're not making as many opportunities as earlier

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2023, 06:06:56 pm »
Seasons greetings and goodwill to all people.

Apart from Paul Tierney, he's a biased c*nt.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2023, 06:08:15 pm »
37 Another period of pressure ends with a good cross from Gomez which is cleared